PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with braking.

witmonster
20-09-2015, 17:44
I seem to struggling with breaking after the new patch, i have tcs, abs enabled but my car seems to feel as though i have no assists enables? Perhaps im just being a noob, just cant get my head round why im loosing the car so often coming in to corners.

notanuva
20-09-2015, 19:00
I've noticed that the back end feels looser like it's floating left 2 right makes it hard to handle coming out of corners and nothing i change helps. Car i'm using at the min is the radical sr3 it feels wrong compared to patch 3.0

Liquid7394
20-09-2015, 19:09
I thought I was the only one experiencing this.

andycass
20-09-2015, 19:26
I thought i was paranoid when i felt a difference. I'd love to be able to roll back this total mess of a patch.

Cholton82
20-09-2015, 20:49
It's strange you say this as yesterday I went online for the first time and I chose a car I'm very familiar with which is the Ruf GT3 , the rear was very floaty and slid around no end . In career mode tho it's fine still , same setup also and the track was Brno

siemens123
21-09-2015, 13:30
i have the same problem with brakes and cornering , after patch 4.0 ...

hkraft300
21-09-2015, 14:04
Check your settings again I'd say.

Patch 4 turned on driving line for me. It was torture!

Possible some of your pre-4.0 settings switched about. Assists and what not. Maybe you're suddenly running no assists?

Or, possible your track temp may be different. Every lobby (FP/MP/QR) I have to set calendar to race date. 10c track temp makes the car feel more loose because less grip.

notanuva
21-09-2015, 14:10
Check your settings again I'd say.

Patch 4 turned on driving line for me. It was torture!

Possible some of your pre-4.0 settings switched about. Assists and what not. Maybe you're suddenly running no assists?

Or, possible your track temp may be different. Every lobby (FP/MP/QR) I have to set calendar to race date. 10c track temp makes the car feel more loose because less grip.

That's the first thing i checked, i use real settings and it was still set as that but i did find that it changed steering help setting to on so i turned that off but still no change to the car floating about at the back end and this is in career mode.

Haiden
21-09-2015, 17:17
Man... I really hope they haven't mucked with the handling again. If so, they're making it impossible for players to settle into this game.

hkraft300
21-09-2015, 20:04
Patch 4 isn't the major game changer that 3.0 was. I really haven't felt a difference in handling or lap times but I'm not on a wheel.
Is it possible some cars had setup/FFB reset? Maybe. Trying to help find the problem. There are so many variables that could be effecting a "loose rear end"

Vennt
21-09-2015, 20:20
Man... I really hope they haven't mucked with the handling again. If so, they're making it impossible for players to settle into this game.

Personally I hope they "muck" with the handling and simulation as much as necessary if it's a case of making it a more accurately modelled sim.

The extremity of changes will settle down in time, but for logetivity it's best to get those changes out of the way early, because it will result in a better experience in the long term.

QPRLad
21-09-2015, 20:34
I notice I have a longer stopping distance. But it was smoother in the corners. I can still hit consistent lap times with my best set up, car and track. Maybe they have changed the engine braking ability or something making the brakes lock more creating the back end to become unsteady. Just a thought.

Haiden
21-09-2015, 21:18
Patch 4 isn't the major game changer that 3.0 was. I really haven't felt a difference in handling or lap times but I'm not on a wheel.
Is it possible some cars had setup/FFB reset? Maybe. Trying to help find the problem. There are so many variables that could be effecting a "loose rear end"

If they'd changed the handling, I'd expect it to be noticeable on both controller and wheel. Might be other variables like you said. I'd check the rear slip differential.

Personally I hope they "muck" with the handling and simulation as much as necessary if it's a case of making it a more accurately modelled sim.

The extremity of changes will settle down in time, but for logetivity it's best to get those changes out of the way early, because it will result in a better experience in the long term.

I can't say I'm that disappointed in the handling. Not sure what you're comparing it to, but it's lightyears ahead of anything else on console. As for the changes settling down. It's been almost five months. Getting it out of the way early would have been patch 2.0, even around 2.5 or 3. At this rate, PCars2 will be close to release by the time they finalize the handling in PCars. That is...assuming they're still messing around with it.

SUBGTRACER
21-09-2015, 21:20
With regards to FFB that is possible as some of my cars reverted back.

chig88
21-09-2015, 21:24
It felt very slightly different for me, but so slight that I think I've probably just adjusted to it now because I'm not noticing it anymore.

I have heard other people saying that the cars feel very different though so who knows.

Vennt
21-09-2015, 21:24
I can't say I'm that disappointed in the handling. Not sure what you're comparing it to, but it's lightyears ahead of anything else on console. As for the changes settling down. It's been almost five months. Getting it out of the way early would have been patch 2.0, even around 2.5 or 3. At this rate, PCars2 will be close to release by the time they finalize the handling in PCars. That is...assuming they're still messing around with it.

GPL took nearly three years to get to the point where it was considered the genre defining sim that it was, 5 months is nothing.

Haiden
21-09-2015, 21:39
GPL took nearly three years to get to the point where it was considered the genre defining sim that it was, 5 months is nothing.

Yep, and people had different expectations back in 1998. I don't think SMS has that long in 2015--the age of broadband, DLC, and direct customer feedback. Today, 5 months is more than enough to lose momentum.

Sproket
21-09-2015, 21:48
Imo SMS are trying to make physics more like Forza 6 by increasing braking zone and loosening up rear end.
https://youtu.be/EiNM-1r47mA

Haiden
21-09-2015, 23:42
Imo SMS are trying to make physics more like Forza 6 by increasing braking zone and loosening up rear end.

I really hope that isn't true.

Haiden
22-09-2015, 00:50
Hey, I just updated and reset my wheel. I was resetting my global when I noticed that Brake Sensitivity was now set to 35 by default. It used to be 50, because I run mine at 47 and always had to lower it. Haven't played yet, but the brake issue might not be handling related. I'm setting my back to 47 and trying that first.

Braking Deadzone was also changed. Default used to be 6, now it's 7.

witmonster
22-09-2015, 06:38
Thanks guys for the replies and concerns, but as predicted it was me being a noob and i have now got to the bottom of the problem, ive turned the racing line off and manual gearing on a little while ago, but im not quite there yet with traction control or abs turned off, and whats happened is, ive joined an online lobby wich had all the assists off, ie tcs, abs and so on, so when ive left it like a muppet, ive not reset my lobby back to tcs and abs enabled and me and the lads were all struggling a tad under breaking and had more traction issues than normal out of corners, sorry for wasting all your time.

hkraft300
22-09-2015, 07:11
Ah don't stress.
Good practice for when the RadBul arrives ;) in the mean time, try the Mono or Atom with TC off!

Sankyo
22-09-2015, 07:23
And I bet that nothing has changed in the physics. *Maybe* they changed something in a tyre, or maybe it's just a set-up thing. The suggestion that SMS is trying to copy FM6's physics will have Ian chuckle I bet :).

siemens123
22-09-2015, 14:09
Thanks guys for the replies and concerns, but as predicted it was me being a noob and i have now got to the bottom of the problem, ive turned the racing line off and manual gearing on a little while ago, but im not quite there yet with traction control or abs turned off, and whats happened is, ive joined an online lobby wich had all the assists off, ie tcs, abs and so on, so when ive left it like a muppet, ive not reset my lobby back to tcs and abs enabled and me and the lads were all struggling a tad under breaking and had more traction issues than normal out of corners, sorry for wasting all your time.

it's not u. it's the game that changed some settings in cornering and braking after 4.0.
i play this game since day 1 with Formula Cars, Road A , Bac Mono and GT3 and it's defo a change in braking and cornering. i will look in the settings ,as a previous user said, but something must of changed in some default values.

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 14:59
Im in a league with the RUF and had been practicing all week, Last night my Ruf was all over the place with me spinning a few times that defo was not happening before patch 4.0

Also whats going on with TC and ABS...You press them to turn them on and the letters come up but you dont know if they are on or off? Is their logic to the way SMS have done it? Also why was the driving line put on?

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 15:09
What does it display? when I press my stability control button on it says S O, and when I press it again, it says S O. I guess they forgot On and Off start with the same letter.

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 15:15
What does it display? when I press my stability control button on it says S O, and when I press it again, it says S O. I guess they forgot On and Off start with the same letter.

Yeah TC says TO press it again it says TO, Im not sure it was thought through properly either that or we are being very daft at not being able to figure it out lol

Sankyo
22-09-2015, 15:26
Please make sure it's not driving assists that are the difference. Apparently there's a bug now with the GIU that it says that assists are on while they're actually off, it may be the other way around as well. Be sure to toggle the assists and see if that makes a difference.

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 15:26
But I assume the only way to see if its on is from an external view from a car. Honestly, SMS have such good intentions, but it seems make small mistakes, which take several weeks to correct until the next patch is released.

This doesn't bother me because I mainly drive from an external view but SO did throw me when i pressed it mid corner.

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 15:28
Please make sure it's not driving assists that are the difference. Apparently there's a bug now with the GIU that it says that assists are on while they're actually off, it may be the other way around as well. Be sure to toggle the assists and see if that makes a difference.

So now we really don't know whether an assist is on or off. Fair enough, expect the unexpected.

Haiden
22-09-2015, 16:39
Also whats going on with TC and ABS...You press them to turn them on and the letters come up but you dont know if they are on or off? Is their logic to the way SMS have done it? Also why was the driving line put on?

Apparently, the new HUD based selection notification for on-the-fly adjustments is corrupted on the PS4 version, which is why only letters show. It's supposed to be more detailed. The problem has been noted. Hopefully, it'll be corrected in the next patch. VERY frustrating. I just don't know how things like this slip through testing. It's so obvious that it's not working. One dev told me that problems like these sometimes don't show until after testing, which...just...doesn't make sense to me, and seems like an open door for excuses, but I'm not a developer. What I do know is, although I absolutely love this game, I'm completely and utterly disappointed with SMS' development and testing process. Yes, I'm glad they're sticking with it. But I just wish they were better at it. I don't think there's been a single patch that hasn't either broken something that was working fine, or integrated something new incorrectly or poorly. Like the new qualifying bug, for example. Now, in SP races, if you don't create a practice session, your qualifying session is treated as practice and the starting grid randomize for the race, regardless of the position you earned in quali. Luckily, all you have to do is include a practice session in the setup, and skip to the end if you don't want it, but still... WTH? Every time they touch one knob, another one breaks. :(

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 20:12
Hopefully, it'll be corrected in the next patch.

That's a relief.

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 21:52
But I assume the only way to see if its on is from an external view from a car. Honestly, SMS have such good intentions, but it seems make small mistakes, which take several weeks to correct until the next patch is released.

This doesn't bother me because I mainly drive from an external view but SO did throw me when i pressed it mid corner.

Get rid of the really horrible mini hud and give us the good looking hud in all views!!!!!!!

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 09:00
Apparently, the new HUD based selection notification for on-the-fly adjustments is corrupted on the PS4 version, which is why only letters show. It's supposed to be more detailed. The problem has been noted.
The icons in the mini HUD still work properly AFAIK, so that can be used to check whether an assist is enabled or disabled?

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 09:11
The icons in the mini HUD still work properly AFAIK, so that can be used to check whether an assist is enabled or disabled?

In the small black box HUD it will only display Speed, Gearing and Tire info. Nothing else, never has shown the assists.

Oh and Fuel