PDA

View Full Version : touring cars

jbjs40
20-09-2015, 23:54
More of this please! BTCC 1998 would be nice the whole field not just a car or two. The ability to create your own custom career championships on xbox one please. If this exists please let me know. career should be more than just 3-4 races in the season more like 8-12 plus invites to supporting series.

SUBGTRACER
21-09-2015, 00:03
They need to add more cars that suit current categories in the game , its strange some of the car choices .

jbjs40
24-09-2015, 01:10
Agreed. I think we have 1 car in modern touring class. The Old classics DTM or touring class is cool with three makes. They just need the Volvo and the Rover and Alfa to complete the deal. Road cars I can do without, waste of programing IMO. What we need is dedicated groupings for DLC.

blacknred81
24-09-2015, 01:23
More of this please! BTCC 1998 would be nice the whole field not just a car or two. The ability to create your own custom career championships on xbox one please. If this exists please let me know. career should be more than just 3-4 races in the season more like 8-12 plus invites to supporting series.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/renault-joins-project-cars/

Renault in Project CARS

2014 Mégane RS
2013 Clio IV RS Cup
2013 Alpine A450
1999 Laguna BTCC
2009 Mégane Trophy II
1978 Alpine A442B

Not 1998, but is 1999 close enough?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
24-09-2015, 01:36
Agreed. I think we have 1 car in modern touring class. The Old classics DTM or touring class is cool with three makes. They just need the Volvo and the Rover and Alfa to complete the deal. Road cars I can do without, waste of programing IMO. What we need is dedicated groupings for DLC.And likewise I can do without race cars, more than enough of them already to last for years. Yet, I'm still happy for you guys that you get them. =)

Cheesenium
24-09-2015, 01:40
Agreed. I think we have 1 car in modern touring class. The Old classics DTM or touring class is cool with three makes. They just need the Volvo and the Rover and Alfa to complete the deal. Road cars I can do without, waste of programing IMO. What we need is dedicated groupings for DLC.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Just because you do not like road cars, it doesn't mean it should not be in the game as there are people who enjoy it.

Shinzah
24-09-2015, 01:41
I like poisoned meat.

What does that make me?

Cheesenium
24-09-2015, 02:14
I like poisoned meat.

What does that make me?

You are weird.

Me too, as I like the road cars, especially Road A and C1 mainly due to I found road cars races felt more of a relaxed pace to drive. And each of them are tuned to be interesting to drive.

I never really liked open wheels, so, erm, can I ask SMS to remove them from the game? Because I did not enjoy them?

Shinzah
24-09-2015, 02:15
The Evo is just too fun. I can't wait for it to come back in my career.

And the DLC Mustang is a beast.

Cheesenium
24-09-2015, 02:23
The Evo is just too fun. I can't wait for it to come back in my career.

And the DLC Mustang is a beast.

Both DLC Mustang are amazing that showcase different how far had muscles evolved in 50 years.

Old and New is pretty much my favorite DLC so far as they do show a stark contrast between the old car and the new car.

balderz002
24-09-2015, 05:31
They just need the Volvo and the Rover and Alfa to complete the deal. .

Dont forget the Opel 3000! Didn't they also have a couple of Mustangs back in the day too?

azidahaka
24-09-2015, 06:11
I hope DLC will take a different directions and focus on class of cars of the same kind/period... Like today's WTCC cars. I'm unsure that mixing and matching cars from same serie and slightly different rulesets like gt3/gt2/gte is the best way to go.

m355y
24-09-2015, 06:44
LMPs are fine, but there are loads of them in the game already and the TS040/DBR1-2 on the way so I agree the touring car classes need to be sorted out next. At the moment there's one WTCC car, one DTM car and a bunch of classic touring cars, now a few months on from the game's release it's becoming a bit limited to me because the only classes that are actually well stocked with cars are LMP and GT3. To be honest I'd be really disappointed if it was a case of 'we'll do this in PC2' because that's ages away and this is the game we all own. I know one or two BTCC cars are on the way, but one or two don't make a proper grid.

Cheesenium
24-09-2015, 06:50
LMPs are fine, but there are loads of them in the game already and the TS040/DBR1-2 on the way so I agree the touring car classes need to be sorted out next. At the moment there's one WTCC car, one DTM car and a bunch of classic touring cars, now a few months on from the game's release it's becoming a bit limited to me because the only classes that are actually well stocked with cars are LMP and GT3. To be honest I'd be really disappointed if it was a case of 'we'll do this in PC2' because that's ages away and this is the game we all own. I know one or two BTCC cars are on the way, but one or two don't make a proper grid.

Road cars are generally quite well stock while open wheels, it is difficult to obtain more cars. Considering the budget they had, I think it is probably the best they could do. I actually think SMS did a good job with LMP classes that are quite well featured.

I agree that touring cars is a bit too sparse at the moment. Hopefully there will be more cars in near future. It is partly why I started playing R3E because they have good amount of touring cars there. DTM, Group A, WTCC TC1 and TC2, along with upcoming TT Cup and rumored Mini Cup, they are quite well stock with touring cars.

balderz002
24-09-2015, 06:54
Due to the LMP catagories longevity, ther are always gonna be more cars that could be put ingame.

I do agree however, that one or two don't make a proper grid. I am not a fan of the 'spreadable' approach. spread out thinly to cover as amny series as possible, it doesnt work, as you dont cover anything properly. If it were me making the decisions, i would rather cover a few series as completely as possible, rather than get a car here, two cars there, and not really be anything to anyone.

But hey, these are the toys we get to play with, so lets not be too critical.

Love you SMS!

azidahaka
24-09-2015, 07:18
http://www.yokohama-online.com/var/ezwebin_site_clean/storage/images/media/images/yeu/news/2015/q1/wtcc-argentina-newsimage/239942-1-eur-EN/WTCC-Argentina-newsimage.jpg

Can't tell about License costs, but even unlicensed it's just 4 different cars to fill 100% a grid with this year's WTCC cars.

Can i dream?