PDA

View Full Version : I lose championship with equal points and equal wins.

pigsy
21-09-2015, 04:48
So I just completed the GT4 Euro Championship in second place even though I have the same points and same wins. So my question is did I lose this championship because my team scored less points (because my AI team mate was useless)? Or is it a bug?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
21-09-2015, 05:10
Maybe Foris had more second places? Alphabetical order? Could be a variety of reasons.

NemethR
21-09-2015, 06:17
In Real life its like that:

If 2 or more drivers have the same amount of points at the end of a season, the one with more wins will win the championship.

Now it gets complicated:
a.)
If they have the same number of wins, then the larger number of 2nd places, if they are still equal, then 3rd places, 4th places 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th and so on...
If they are still the same, then the stewards can decide upon any criteria.

b.) The driver who won the longest race wins the Championship. If its still a draw, then the 2nd longest...

c.) The driver who won the 1st race they raced on both. If its still a draw, then the 2nd...

These are the most common criteria to decide the championship if it is equal on points.

I do not know what SMS is using, and they might be using different ways in different championships.

pigsy
21-09-2015, 06:45
Just checked back over the round results (as the stats don't give you individual race results) and can confirm that Foris had finished 2nd in two rounds. So looks like SMS got it right.