PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Project Cars

AFM
21-09-2015, 05:37
I would have thought the people who designed Project Cars would have designed it with Novices, Amateurs and Pros in mind, allowing each to advance through the races at their own time and ability, without having adjust the steering and everything else.
But this is not the case, with all the adjustments to the steering, tyres, dead zones, etc etc it just goes on and on, and takes the enjoyment out of just racing the car, for the life of me I have tried adjusting the steering to 900 to 560 the to 360 and so on, but to no avail it would suit dodgem cars where you are smashing into each other but not racing cars.

Tony

2pfspiff
21-09-2015, 06:22
I would have thought the people who designed Project Cars would have designed it with Novices, Amateurs and Pros in mind, allowing each to advance through the races at their own time and ability, without having adjust the steering and everything else.
But this is not the case, with all the adjustments to the steering, tyres, dead zones, etc etc it just goes on and on, and takes the enjoyment out of just racing the car, for the life of me I have tried adjusting the steering to 900 to 560 the to 360 and so on, but to no avail it would suit dodgem cars where you are smashing into each other but not racing cars.

Tony

The game is more of a simulation style racing game then it is a arcade style racing game. If you are having troubles driving then start using the assist until you get better at it. Turn them off as you go. If you are looking for something you can pick up a controller and win every time then this may not be the racing game for you.

STEELJOCKEY
21-09-2015, 07:29
There are 2 default setups for the wheel now, so choosing one of them may make it better for you to start with, then make your own custom setup as you get the hang of the game and looking for more.

Also, run full assists to start with, run a bit slower till you get to grips with the tracks and cars.

It is also recommended to run your wheel at 900 DOR, and adjust individual car steering ratios to suit your style/car and track.

2pfspiff
21-09-2015, 08:11
There are 2 default setups for the wheel now, so choosing one of them may make it better for you to start with, then make your own custom setup as you get the hang of the game and looking for more.

Also, run full assists to start with, run a bit slower till you get to grips with the tracks and cars.

It is also recommended to run your wheel at 900 DOR, and adjust individual car steering ratios to suit your style/car and track.

I agree with STEELJOCKEY. Probably the advice I should have given you first.

Sankyo
21-09-2015, 08:31

Tony

Every game has a minimum amount of settings you have to tune in order to get it working to your liking, but after setting up your controller there should be no real need to modify anything else to be able to jump in and race. Especially the wheel rotation you mentioned should just be left to 900 to get it how it should be.

If you have any particular issue, you should describe it in more detail so that others can help.

Thread title modified to make it more descriptive.

TrevorAustin
21-09-2015, 09:30

Tony

You shouldn't be adjusting the steering, leave it at 900.

Sorry it's not easy enough for you.

AFM
22-09-2015, 11:26

Thanks for the advice, I turned on the wheel full assist and it helped, at least I can stay on the track now and have some control, you also mentioned that there are two default setups, where do I find them

Tony

nissan4ever
22-09-2015, 12:41
Thanks for the advice, I turned on the wheel full assist and it helped, at least I can stay on the track now and have some control, you also mentioned that there are two default setups, where do I find them

Tony

He's talking about the 2 defaults for FFB under "Force Feedback Calibration". Classic & Default.

Haiden
22-09-2015, 17:17

Tony

I've recently been going through the cars to build my garage. I've been trying them all with the default in-car settings, and to be honest... they don't feel that bad. In fact, if I was a novice, and didn't know any better, I wouldn't bother changing them. Especially, if I wasn't trying to climb the leaderboard or compete online. Even with the global settings at default, I don't think the FFB is that bad, especially for a novice.

STEELJOCKEY
22-09-2015, 22:41
I'm certainly finding since patch 3.0 that the default settings for everything have been good for me, all I've modified is the scoop and knee to suit my wheel and getting FFB a bit more linear, and setting deadzone back to zero. Otherwise all other wheel setting and car FFB settings are stock default with DOR at 900.

The. I'll tune car suspension and stuff for my style and track I'm driving.

AFM
23-09-2015, 08:51
Moving on how do I set up a rainy day for racing

Tony