PDA

View Full Version : Some career questions

NxR-Sniper
21-09-2015, 11:56
Hi all - I did a search for the answers but couldn't really find anything...

I was pleasantly surprised to get 2 invitations to race in GT3 at the start of season 3 and I'm busy working through the pre season invitational events and I was wondering about a few things:

I see that there are 3 GT3 season I can enter - UK, US and Asia Pacific - do I get to enter all 3 or do I just pick one which I have to stick with?

Assuming I do well enough will I be able to run the European GT3 races in Season 3 or will I only be able to start with that in Season 4?

Do the AI get stronger in higher tiers? The invitation events at the end of season 2 were a walk-over, the 2 events I have done in Season 3 since signing to race GT3s have been much more challenging - BMW 1M quick race and Grp5 UK series - I won the Grp5 race, but only by 0.7 secs, hehe - Will the GT3 races give me as good a run?

Thanks all, apologies if these have all be answered elsewhere.

Bealdor
21-09-2015, 12:04
I see that there are 3 GT3 season I can enter - UK, US and Asia Pacific - do I get to enter all 3 or do I just pick one which I have to stick with?

You have to choose one.

Assuming I do well enough will I be able to run the European GT3 races in Season 3 or will I only be able to start with that in Season 4?

If you're good enough you'll be able to drive the GT3 Euro Championship in the same season.

Do the AI get stronger in higher tiers? The invitation events at the end of season 2 were a walk-over, the 2 events I have done in Season 3 since signing to race GT3s have been much more challenging - BMW 1M quick race and Grp5 UK series - I won the Grp5 race, but only by 0.7 secs, hehe - Will the GT3 races give me as good a run?

Yes, a little bit.

Invitationals are a bit easier than career championship races and local series are a bit easier than the global ones.

NxR-Sniper
21-09-2015, 12:07
Thank you, kindly - I'm looking forward to the GT3 championship/s :) Now just to choose where to start...

Bealdor
21-09-2015, 12:20
Thank you, kindly - I'm looking forward to the GT3 championship/s :) Now just to choose where to start...

Asia Pacific was my starting point. Sakitto, Dubai and Bathurst, you can't beat that track combination. ;)
I wanted to start in the US but I totally loathe Laguna Seca. I simply can't drive consistently on this one.

NxR-Sniper
21-09-2015, 12:38
Dubai would be a fitting place to race the Bentley, haha - it will be either AP or the "easy" option (UK - I know all the tracks). The extra practice sessions will (hopefully) make lack of track knowledge a minor issue.