PDA

View Full Version : [rant] This game a simulation on xbox one?

Snewob35
21-09-2015, 13:21
Someone please tell me what about this game is simulation on the Xbox one? The lag in frame rate, the lag in sound? The pathetic excuse for any reliability on any type of controller/wheel? Let's set aside for now the absolute garbage online aspect. I come to this forum weekly and search over the internet for any news or tips, hoping something at some point will make me not as furious at my self for spending $60 dollars on this game. I don't understand how these people continue to make excuses and ridiculous comparisons to actual playable games. They have settings and advanced settings for the controllers that don't even make sense, let alone the end result being anything you may have thought you were altering. I honestly have never seen a game with so many bugs on its initial release, let alone 5 months and 4 patches later. While I'm thinking about it... Theres the career mode in which I've seen people say is "immersive" WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? EA SPORTS made an equally as immersive career mode in the NASCAR games that they made way back for PS2. Yep your car setup part of the game might be simulation or immersive... Except for the fact 5 months have went by and the people on xbox one have had the pit functionality changed around how many times? Had to make quantum physics projects out of the controller settings and functionality trying to keep up with the monthly changes that don't even matter because the game can't run smooth enough or not have some sort of lag or bug for it to be helpful anyways. OKAY yeah this game "looks" better than any other racing game I've seen on console... When YOU press PAUSE IN A REPLAY. That is all. Oh don't look to close at a replay of a wreck, at the fact there is Bob the builder looking parts scattering across the asphalt before initial impact. Can I have my money back now or at least half of it maybe? Yeah I know the answer is no. But truly I am getting tired of having to come to a forum in hopes there is some sort of miracle fix for this "IMMERSIVE SIMULATOR"

Lethal 556
21-09-2015, 13:37
While yes this game has its bugs and problems I think Pcars quite frankly is just to in depth and advanced for the common console player. If you have come up around racing on a PC with iracing raceroom and asseto corsa then your problem right at home with the type of game Pcars is. Also, this game was built around and with a wheel in mind rather than a controller pad anD if you haven't played this game with a wheel and are playing with a controller then you will NEVER understand the immersivness people are talking about

MissionBULLITT
21-09-2015, 16:39
While yes this game has its bugs and problems I think Pcars quite frankly is just to in depth and advanced for the common console player. If you have come up around racing on a PC with iracing raceroom and asseto corsa then your problem right at home with the type of game Pcars is. Also, this game was built around and with a wheel in mind rather than a controller pad anD if you haven't played this game with a wheel and are playing with a controller then you will NEVER understand the immersivness people are talking about

Yeah people always say that on this forum, but seriously they allow you to use a controller as a control method along side wheels so, rightfully so all consumers of this game who wanted to use a controller and not a $300-600 peripheral plus mounting solution (more $$$) should have been able to expect the controller option to work from the jump. Whether you have played pc sims like the ones you described or haven't, its simply a matter of not getting the level of completeness of game for the amount of money paid. All of the games you listed work without major gamebreaking issues to my knowledge, hence they are worth their price of admission. I think it's fair for owners of the Xbox version of this game (myself included) to feel like we've gotten the short end of the stick on this one. We expected a fully operational game on release after multiple delays. Now months later there are still things that aren't fixed, namely that hideous sound glitch that creeps up on me when it's least convenient (i.e. braking into a corner with a throng of clumsy ai cars around you) breaking your immersion and concentration on the task at hand. This game had/has so much potential but it can't get out of its own way. A colossal idea/undertaking by a developer biting off more than their crowdfunded budget could chew.

Lethal 556
21-09-2015, 16:59
The sound glitch is a Microsoft issue not a game issue and I for one think Pcars was well worth my money since I am really enjoying it it's only $60 not like you spending a fortune on the thing. I bought forza 6 as well and it's not too bad but I still find myself going back to pcars just my personal opinion though

Seps1974
21-09-2015, 17:37
This game is not a simulator on the X1, this game is an awesome simulator on the X1.

Lukeymonster
21-09-2015, 18:21
I come to this forum weekly and search over the internet for any news or tips, hoping something at some point will make me not as furious at my self for spending $60 dollars on this game.

That's your problem right there. It's not the forum's responsibility to help you justify your purchase to yourself. There isn't a magic answer for your woes to be found in these pages. The people you think are crazy for praising the game have spent the time to set up the game to their style and to understand it's depth.

Just like we can't hand you what you want on a platter about personally resolving your purchase, project cars does not hand you an easy experience out of the gate. Like was said above, this level of sim on a console isn't for everyone. But hey, you could go play NASCAR on PS2 since it seems to be more your style.

grrrillapmp
21-09-2015, 18:33
...project cars does not hand you an easy experience out of the gate.

Or even an adequately working experience...

It hands you a huge eff you.

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 18:36
Would anyone who's sole purpose of coming to this forum to bitch about the game be any happier at all if the game had not been released on Xbox at all? I'm sure the PC people would have been much happier having their game 18 months earlier than it was finally released since it had to be ported over from PC to PS4 and Xbox late in the design timeline.

The only thing PCars is guilty of, according to posters like the OP here, is existing in the first place.

If you think you would be happier if this game had not existed, and you had not made the choice to spend your money where you chose to spend it, by all means go to that place in your mind where this game does not exist. Yes, you're still out your precious $60, but after having had the opportunity to either return the game with some hassle in the first month or so, or sell the game back for some loss within the first 3 months to a game retailer, you made the choice to hold on to the game to this point where the game is worth very little in resale value at any of those stores. No one forced you to purchase this game. No one forced you to hold on to it for the last 5 months. No one forced you to preorder it (if you took that step) instead of waiting for post-release consumer reviews, and if you didn't preorder, no one forced you to buy the game even after reading those post-release consumer reviews.

This childish ranting over $60 so long after release by so many posters every week is damned old. Is it really so hard for people to put their emotions aside and act logically, knowing that emotional raving on a support forum will never lead anywhere positive, while a calm logical post explaining a problem and all details relevant to that problem along with what steps were taking to try and alleviate that problem have an infinitely better chance at seeing that problem resolved?

Is it any wonder to anyone why the blue SMS posters are such a rare sight on the Xbox forums anymore? Damn those SMS people to hell for having the gall to offer the console community a game which they never intended to release on console when the design was first made.

grrrillapmp
21-09-2015, 19:17
Is it any wonder to anyone why the blue SMS posters are such a rare sight on the Xbox forums anymore? .

If I bamboozled as many people as they did, I wouldn't show face either.

So now it is our fault for wanting a working product? We're the bad guys for wanting what we paid for?

And who are you to tell someone to just get over their sixty dollars? You willing to reimburse? No? Orbs only sixty dollars right?

Bealdor
21-09-2015, 19:53
Closing this as rant threads never go down well.