PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 is live

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:10
Downloading it now

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 16:10
confirmed. just booted game and was surprised to se ethis pop up. 1590mb download.

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:12
Don't forget to hard reset :)

Lethal 556
21-09-2015, 16:14
Sweet! Can't wait to get off work!

foxy2020
after update?

foxy2020
Don't forget to hard reset :)

after update?

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:15
after update?

yes m8

Chimildo
21-09-2015, 16:18
whats a hard reset?
sorry if this is a stupid question

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:20
whats a hard reset?
Install the update and then turn off you xbox, and unplug the power brick.

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 16:21
whats a hard reset?

Hold your xbox power button until it turns off, then turn it on again after 20 seconds (some people like to unplug it and press the power button while unplugged)

Lukeymonster
21-09-2015, 16:24
This is great news. Thanks SMS!

Sandman705
21-09-2015, 16:24
Maybe a strange question....why is a hard reset needed???

Lethal 556
21-09-2015, 16:26

Clears your cache

Sandman705
21-09-2015, 16:27
Clears your cache

Which does....sorry I'm not very technical...like at all. Feel free to laugh at me after you answer, I won't be upset lol

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 16:27

It's just standard procedure after one of the first patches came out. SMS requested everyone to do a hard reset. It may or may not be required for this patch, but it's still a good idea to do periodically. You can also go into settings, blueray, and clear persistant storage will also help grease the wheels a bit.

Also, if you use a wheel, remember to Reset and recalibrate your wheel after every patch. Again, it may not be absolutely necessary for this patch, but it is a good general practice to do.

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:30
Well, you still have to beg and plead with Time Trial for it to open!

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:35

10 times i have close the game now and it still won't open!

Lethal 556
21-09-2015, 16:39

I've actually been having good luck with that issue the past 3 or 4 days. I just assumed they had put out a quick hot fix that I didn't read about on here or something. When it was happening to me though if I closed out the game and restarted game it would boot up fine and unlocked. I also recently found a little trick that may or may not have been mentioned on here somewhere... sometime when I leave one of the option screens like visual or controls or camera options it would stay on the screen forever with rhe save icon active but recently learned that if I hit the home button on me wheel to go to xbox dashboard it would continue on to the next screen without hanging up

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:39
Can someone test this for me, 15 frikkin times I have quit the game and restarted it and TT will not open at all!, proper beyond a joke now

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 16:41
10 times i have close the game now and it still won't open!

Hmm this is something I struggle with, but for me it's about a 50/50 chance when I load the game whether it will show my name in the upper right corner. Also 50/50 chance whether my last car will be listed. Both loaded correctly the first time I started game after updating, but I also didn't see anything in patch notes about it. Mine did open normally on the first try, and both Community Events and Time Trial are open/available. I do struggle with this, as I said above, about 50% of the time I open the game. Maybe dashboard, close game, clear storage under blueray settings, and repeat your hard reset/power/tap button/etc.

One thing I've noticed so far is that the close time when going in and out of the game options is much shorter than it normally is. Like when you go to remap controls or change game preferences, normally takes 20-60 seconds for the menu to back out when you hit B. I cycled through all of them just now and each backed out within 2-3 seconds. Don't know if that's patch related or not, or just from having a cleared cache/hard reset/cleared persistant storage, but I do likes it a lot.

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:42
Hmm this is something I struggle with, but for me it's about a 50/50 chance when I load the game whether it will show my name in the upper right corner. Also 50/50 chance whether my last car will be listed. Both loaded correctly the first time I started game after updating, but I also didn't see anything in patch notes about it.

One thing I've noticed so far is that the close time when going in and out of the game options is much shorter than it normally is. Like when you go to remap controls or change game preferences, normally takes 20-60 seconds for the menu to back out when you hit B. I cycled through all of them just now and each backed out within 2-3 seconds. Don't know if that's patch related or not, or just from having a cleared cache/hard reset/cleared persistant storage, but I do likes it a lot.

No matter what I do it won't open at all

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 16:43

I edited that post since you quoted. try repeating your cleared storage, hard reset. It's bound to work sooner or later.

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:44
17 attempts to open it, 17!....... Let me guess, a complex bit of coding right?, its a friggin joke!

rtazz17
21-09-2015, 16:50
Ok I know the notes didnt adress it.But ill ask.Is multiplayer any better?If not,no reason for myself to update

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 16:53
Ok I know the notes didnt adress it.But ill ask.Is multiplayer any better?If not,no reason for myself to update

I won't have time to try that tonight sadly, but I am sure by the morning there will be people posting NO as the answer to your question, I do hope I'm wrong

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 16:54

Better in what way? the notes do address some changes with multiplayer. Chat problems were not mentioned, nor were connection issues, but no one's ever said whether those are problems that can be resolved on SMS's side.

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 17:03
Odd thing I've noticed: Why is there now the option to set a lap limit in Free Practice? This wasn't there before the patch, and it doesn't make any difference in the session. The lap counter still just shows what lap you're on with no lap/of-lap.

Schnizz58
21-09-2015, 17:07
Odd thing I've noticed: Why is there now the option to set a lap limit in Free Practice? This wasn't there before the patch, and it doesn't make any difference in the session. The lap counter still just shows what lap you're on with no lap/of-lap.
That is kinda odd. It used to be set to 250 laps with no way to change it. I always wondered what would happen if you ran all 250 laps.

beetes_juice
21-09-2015, 17:09

End up getting it working? Happens to me when I have the controller on and start the game.

wOoDsTeR16
21-09-2015, 17:11
End up getting it working? Happens to me when I have the controller on and start the game.

Yes mate, not to bad, it only took me 17 try's to get it open, happy days!

wraithsrike
21-09-2015, 17:15
Better in what way? the notes do address some changes with multiplayer. Chat problems were not mentioned, nor were connection issues, but no one's ever said whether those are problems that can be resolved on SMS's side.

Well who's side can it be addressed on then? Because I don't have disconnection problems with any other game only PCar's.

nissan4ever
21-09-2015, 17:20
whats a hard reset?

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 17:38

You don't have a choice, the game will update anyway.

So far my findings:
1- the game seems to be smoother
2- in the race weekend the replay bug still there, if you watch the qualify replay you will start the race at last position. ( it's not in the release notes , so I didn't have any hope of fix for that anyway)
3- Ginetta GT3 sounds way better than before, still room for improvement but it's definetely better. There's a grey noise in the background that is really anoying, like a sandy noise, and when using headphones it is still clipping a little after 4th gear. The grey noise is the worst part of it in my opinion but now the car is playable for me.
4- Someone said that after 4.0 the sync weather change to race time option was not working, it is here, all normal as usual.
5- Clio sounds a little too low in my opinion, but it's not bad, just have to get used to it. The car seems to handle different tho, less tail happy under braking. Anyone can confirm that? ( nothing in the patch notes, but who knows?!)
6- RUF CTR seems to handle a little better, the old ass brakes did not change as mentioned by someone in other thread, still useless, but the real life car is no better than that by the reviews I've read.
7- Bentley Speed 8 Sounds even better, it was good before, but now it's more refined
8- The headlights seem to have more effective angle than before. The illumination of approaching objects seems to be smoother too.
9- ON the free practice now I can chose the number of laps up to 99, before it was locked with 250 or something, that's usefull to avoid lost track of time if you wanna do a quick spin around some track.

So far I'm happy

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 18:02
Well who's side can it be addressed on then? Because I don't have disconnection problems with any other game only PCar's.

We don't really know how hosting works at the moment. Some MP games (FPS and MMO like Neverwinter and Elder Scrolls) use central game servers hosted by the developer or publisher. According to Microsoft, only 2 games, Forza 5 and Titanfall (probably Forza 6 as well but not updated yet) use cloud hosting for MP. If PCars relies on the host as shown in the lobby screen to actually host the MP game for all connected players, then only that host's connection will affect the race connection for everyone. If that's the case (and I think it is), there's no real way for SMS to improve the MP connection/lag issues unless they do host central game servers or pay/convince microsoft to open the cloud hosting to this game as well. Both of those are unlikely to happen with the game out nearly 5 months now. It is a real possibility that one of those options are included in PCars2. So long as the "host's" internet connection is the deciding factor, individual user up/down speeds, latency, # of hops, and geographic distance from both the host and each other member in the race are what equals each individual's quality of play.

Really, this game's playerbase is now too small to justify SMS paying to either host the servers themselves, or paying for Cloud server support. As much as those of us on this forum (those players who care enough about this game to be involved with the game's support and interact with the developers as we are on this forum) enjoy this game, the numbers do not justify the expense of changing it from what it already is. Sucks, but that's how it is. In the mean time, you can either host games yourself and build a friend list and/or online community of players you know to have generally good connections when playing with you, or you can give up on this game's MP entirely.

notanuva
21-09-2015, 18:08
confirmed. just booted game and was surprised to se ethis pop up. 1590mb download.

It was nearly 4 gig on the ps4 i wonder why there's a size difference between consoles.

kc76
21-09-2015, 18:48
Not sure what's going on now as previous patches had been fine for me. Now I'm getting frame rate stutters every 2 seconds ! It's pretty much unplayable now ! Trying a fresh install to see if that works ! Fingers crossed !

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 18:49
Not sure what's going on now as previous patches had been fine for me. Now I'm getting frame rate stutters every 2 seconds ! It's pretty much unplayable now ! Trying a fresh install to see if that works ! Fingers crossed !

Hard reset first, or check if it goes ok offline

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 18:51
Ew. did you do a hard reset after you finished patching? A complete reinstall can't hurt at all. Just remember to do that hard reset after you finish the install and patching. Maybe also go into settings>>bluray>>clear persistent storage Also can't hurt.

Best of luck kc76

kc76
21-09-2015, 18:53
Hard reset first, or check if it goes ok offline

Tried the hard reset mate to no avail ! I'm always in energy save anyway ! Already doing a fresh install !

rtazz17
21-09-2015, 19:08
The
You don't have a choice, the game will update anyway.

So far my findings:
1- the game seems to be smoother
2- in the race weekend the replay bug still there, if you watch the qualify replay you will start the race at last position. ( it's not in the release notes , so I didn't have any hope of fix for that anyway)
3- Ginetta GT3 sounds way better than before, still room for improvement but it's definetely better. There's a grey noise in the background that is really anoying, like a sandy noise, and when using headphones it is still clipping a little after 4th gear. The grey noise is the worst part of it in my opinion but now the car is playable for me.
4- Someone said that after 4.0 the sync weather change to race time option was not working, it is here, all normal as usual.
5- Clio sounds a little too low in my opinion, but it's not bad, just have to get used to it. The car seems to handle different tho, less tail happy under braking. Anyone can confirm that? ( nothing in the patch notes, but who knows?!)
6- RUF CTR seems to handle a little better, the old ass brakes did not change as mentioned by someone in other thread, still useless, but the real life car is no better than that by the reviews I've read.
7- Bentley Speed 8 Sounds even better, it was good before, but now it's more refined
8- The headlights seem to have more effective angle than before. The illumination of approaching objects seems to be smoother too.
9- ON the free practice now I can chose the number of laps up to 99, before it was locked with 250 or something, that's usefull to avoid lost track of time if you wanna do a quick spin around some track.

So far I'm happy

Lol!
No it wont becuz I dont play it anymore.Ran out of patience.Automatic updates are not enabled.

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 19:16
The

Lol!
No it wont becuz I dont play it anymore.Ran out of patience.Automatic updates are not enabled.

ok :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kc76
21-09-2015, 19:25
I'm in the middle of reinstalling and now Xbox live is having difficulties ! Was probably the problem ! Soon find out !

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 19:29
I'm in the middle of reinstalling and now Xbox live is having difficulties ! Was probably the problem ! Soon find out !

Probably, that's why I always tell people to have a go offline before take any action...

Check my post here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39585-From-bad-to-worse&p=1125447&viewfull=1#post1125447

kc76
21-09-2015, 19:38
Probably, that's why I always tell people to have a go offline before take any action...

Check my post here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39585-From-bad-to-worse&p=1125447&viewfull=1#post1125447

I wouldn't mind but I normally do ! I was too eager to play it and skipped that part ! Ah well we live and learn !

kc76
21-09-2015, 20:15
Re installed ! Gone offline and everything is fine ! Think the problem was Xbox live ! Thanks guys !

Schnizz58
21-09-2015, 20:17
Re installed ! Gone offline and everything is fine ! Think the problem was Xbox live ! Thanks guys !
For whatever reason, Xbox Live tends to be flaky after a new patch is released. Servers trying to keep up with demand maybe, I dunno.

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 20:18
For whatever reason, Xbox Live tends to be flaky after a new patch is released. Servers trying to keep up with demand maybe, I dunno.

The monday/tuesday period is always a nightmare due to the store update worldwide.

Schnizz58
21-09-2015, 20:19
The monday/tuesday period is always a nightmare due to the store update worldwide.
Yeah good point.

Olijke Poffer
21-09-2015, 20:19
Nice.. Will download ASAP.

KkDrummer
21-09-2015, 20:39
Enjoying the patch here..... where is the patch version on the home screen? Can't see t lol

Chris Shakespeare
21-09-2015, 20:45
Loving the new driving line. Hate the same sound stuttering

Plato99
21-09-2015, 20:46
Version number not showing anywhere on mine. Is anyone else having this?

OpticalHercules
21-09-2015, 20:58
Version number not showing anywhere on mine. Is anyone else having this?

should be in bottom left corner of the main screen, where you can choose career, race weekend, free practice, etc. I saw it on mine.

SUBGTRACER
21-09-2015, 21:04
I hope the patch is good and makes your playing experience stable ...... I'm glad you xbox people didn't have to wait to long for it !

Strydervip
21-09-2015, 21:08
Winner winner, chicken dinner!!! Patch 4.0 is the tits! Still not perfect! But it's the best it's ever been for me! Still has Sutter sound bug but not nearly as bad and seams to go away alot faster! Game runs much smoother now!

SUBGTRACER
21-09-2015, 21:13
WInner winner chicken Dinner ! LOL

2pfspiff
21-09-2015, 21:26
Ran a couple of online races before work. I raced BRNO (Finished 7 out of 9) and ran silverstone GP (Finished 9 out of 9). Ran 7 laps with 15 min practice. Had a great time and only had a little stuttering during the BRNO practice. No other issue's to report. Game ran great.

Plato99
21-09-2015, 21:31
should be in bottom left corner of the main screen, where you can choose career, race weekend, free practice, etc. I saw it on mine.
Nope, not here!

spottydog1971
21-09-2015, 21:36
Apparently there are no multiplayer races avaliable !!!!wtf.
Had a quick go in career seems better to me but had a weird bug on start see pic ........218682

Sharky Hughes
21-09-2015, 21:54
No liveries since the update

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 22:13
No liveries since the update

Say what?

Sharky Hughes
21-09-2015, 22:24

If im not mistaken where it says coming soon was where you selected left or right for the liveries.

Sharky Hughes
21-09-2015, 22:31
Another issue now as well seems every car you select my garage for it displays a FC image. Check the top right of the pic against the car image.

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 22:40

If im not mistaken where it says coming soon was where you selected left or right for the liveries.

Nope, you have to click select car, than select the car and livery. It always been that way.

nissan4ever
21-09-2015, 22:47
Another issue now as well seems every car you select my garage for it displays a FC image. Check the top right of the pic against the car image.

Did you hard restart your console after downloading patch 4.0? I just took this picture. No problem for me.

And I just took this one as well.

Benja190782
22-09-2015, 06:37

Just downloaded the 4.0 Patch on my Xbox One, and did a hard reset - but there is no version number on the main screen??

How can that be?

Plato99
22-09-2015, 07:07
Just downloaded the 4.0 Patch on my Xbox One, and did a hard reset - but there is no version number on the main screen??

How can that be?

I had same problem. Did TWO hard resets and now it's there!!

Akra
22-09-2015, 07:35
Has the setup saving bug been fixed?

Have the career stats been fixed?

Interceptor G
22-09-2015, 08:36
Loving the new driving line. Hate the same sound stuttering

New brake line is great addition but to me it was not working properly last night, one lap everything is ok next lap its missing on some corners lol

creepy coupe
22-09-2015, 09:05
My XB1 is on "auto update" when I turned it on last night it did go off and do an update. When I went into the game i notice the circuit map was on the load screen and the track guidelines were showing on the tarmac. I previously didn't have them set?. Has it loaded patch 4.0?

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 09:10
My XB1 is on "auto update" when I turned it on last night it did go off and do an update. When I went into the game i notice the circuit map was on the load screen and the track guidelines were showing on the tarmac. I previously didn't have them set?. Has it loaded patch 4.0?

Sounds like it, yes.

creepy coupe
22-09-2015, 09:24
Sounds like it, yes.

Interesting. I didn't do a hard reset and have not switched it on since last night. i wonder what will happen tonight.

KkDrummer
22-09-2015, 10:59
I was able to finally play online last night. Sound bug is still there, game ran a lot smoother, no qualifying bug like pc and ps4 users have described. I like the little touches with the weather details and track temperature on all race menus, track layouts in loading screens and new pics for the different game modes. Network mode was locked for me, anyone been able to play it since updating to 4.0?

And now the bit that really struck me...GT3 Maclaren handing is even better...I think someone else on this forum has said that they had also noticed an improvement on GT3 cars handling....

Now SMS needs to get rid of that sound but...it is doing my head in. I have to keep the volume quite low and no way I would play Pcars through loud speakers, hometheater, sonos etc......

andybell
22-09-2015, 13:08
Now SMS needs to get rid of that sound

Which sound are you taking about? I play through a soundbar and get that sound issue that sounds like Johnny 5 having a funny turn? Is that the one?

KkDrummer
22-09-2015, 13:11
Which sound are you taking about? I play through a soundbar and get that sound issue that sounds like Johnny 5 having a funny turn? Is that the one?

oopss...should have spelled buG. The transformer sound...metallic, annoying distorted sound that randomly haunt pcars....offline, online, any modes....

andybell
22-09-2015, 13:37
The transformer sound...metallic, annoying distorted sound that randomly haunt pcars

Yeah, that's the one. I get it randomly from time to time...........I can pretty much cope with it though...but it is annoying.

Looking forward to getting 4.0 downloaded later though and giving it a bash.

TheReaper GT
22-09-2015, 13:55
Disabling the friends notifications really cut the amount of sound bugs by 90%. Since the sound bug is caused by the unstable use of the seventh core, the less you load that core, the less sound bug you'll have.

KkDrummer
22-09-2015, 14:16
Disabling the friends notifications really cut the amount of sound bugs by 90%. Since the sound big is caused by the unstable use of the seventh core, the less you load that core, the less sound but you'll have.

I will need to give this one a try....is the log in notification you disable?

TheReaper GT
22-09-2015, 14:20
I will need to give this one a try....is the log in notification you disable?

Yes, I disabled everything I could.

Strydervip
22-09-2015, 14:27
Yes, I disabled everything I could.

Yeah and close everything! If you was watching netflix/HBO go/youtube before starting project cars quit those apps fully by highlighting them on home screen them prest menu and scroll down to quit

smn74uk
22-09-2015, 18:24
Out of curiosity...what should the game file be after 4.0 update. Honestly can't remember if auto update is on and prompt popped up when i booted the game up. Thanks. Ignore profile.........xBox One version in question.

TheReaper GT
22-09-2015, 18:28
Out of curiosity...what should the game file be after 4.0 update. Honestly can't remember if auto update is on and prompt popped up when i booted the game up. Thanks. Ignore profile.........xBox One version in question.

You can check the version on your games folder, go there, highlight project cars, hold both triggers and the view button together. The current version should be 4.0.0.0

beetes_juice
22-09-2015, 18:30

Version Number: Bottom left on in-game home screen

smn74uk
23-09-2015, 07:11
Thanks! Will remember this little trick! :-)

smn74uk
23-09-2015, 07:12
Version Number: Bottom left on in-game home screen

Have looked and I am not seeing this. But thanks for your reply.

smn74uk
23-09-2015, 07:12
You can check the version on your games folder, go there, highlight project cars, hold both triggers and the view button together. The current version should be 4.0.0.0

Thanks! Will remember this little trick! :-)

andybell
23-09-2015, 07:26
****deleted post, found a specific thread for my issue.****