PDA

View Full Version : The new xbox one experience preview

Strydervip
22-09-2015, 00:41
Anyone on here have the update? Notice any performance upgrades or better framerates? I'm in the preview program but haven't been chosen yet to get the new update

transfix
22-09-2015, 01:05
Careful about upgrading currently. I am also in the program however have not updated due to the many games not loading.

Strydervip
22-09-2015, 01:11
Careful about upgrading currently. I am also in the program however have not updated due to the many games not loading.

Yeah I seen the bug list. 2 updates a week. I'm pretty sure they will get it sorted out soon

STEELJOCKEY
22-09-2015, 01:20
Those who are quite active with the preview programme get the updates first, and slowly rolled out to the rest. I'd be a bit hesitant to jump straight into this first update with guaranteed bugs. My Xbox is set to not download automatically so I can at least choose to hold off a couple of weeks once it is available

nissan4ever
22-09-2015, 03:13
I'm enrolled for it. Waiting to get it. Any issues, I'll hit up Microsoft Feedback ASAP to get it addressed quickly.

Strydervip
22-09-2015, 03:20
I'm enrolled for it. Waiting to get it. Any issues, I'll hit up Microsoft Feedback ASAP to get it addressed quickly.

I'm also enrolled! Can't wait!

GTR_07
22-09-2015, 06:57
Sorry to go off topic but what is the Xbox preview and what do you mean are there any performance upgrades and better frame rates ?

KkDrummer
22-09-2015, 11:02
I am really curious to know if the new update has an impact on PCars performance...not necessarily graphically, but the overall performance, like crashes to the dashboard, sound bug etc...

Strydervip
22-09-2015, 12:03
Sorry to go off topic but what is the Xbox preview and what do you mean are there any performance upgrades and better frame rates ?

If you are in the Xbox preview. You get updates to your xbox before others. The update that is rolling out now is based on windows 10 kernel with directx12.

Apoc112
22-09-2015, 12:12

It is the New Xbox One Experience aka Windows 10 on Xbox One. It's due out in November, but if you've opted in to the Preview program, you can enroll to beta test it until it launches to the public.

Most of the performance improvements will be in the OS and apps, but there is a chance that games could see a benefit because the new OS is more efficient and some resources are shared.

GTR_07
22-09-2015, 12:18
Thanks for the information it's appreciated does all that what you Said coinside with the back wards comparability this November ?

Also how do you apply to get in this programme or do you have to apply in November ?

Thanks

nissan4ever
22-09-2015, 12:19
Especially future game released will benefit from it. A great example, Project CARS 2. It won't be a vast difference. However, any little difference (slight boost) in console performance is always welcomed!

nissan4ever
22-09-2015, 12:20
Thanks for the information it's appreciated does all that what you Said coinside with the back wards comparability this November ?

Also how do you apply to get in this programme or do you have to apply in November ?

Thanks

Your console will get it in November. Whether it's set to automatically get updates or will be forced to a couple days later. Don't worry about it. You'll get it one way or another in November.

KkDrummer
22-09-2015, 12:20

Thanks

yep...this will enable backwards compatibility in November. You need an invite for the program...asaik they are no longer sending invites out...

nissan4ever
22-09-2015, 12:22
yep...this will enable backwards compatibility in November. You need an invite for the program...asaik they are no longer sending invites out...

Yeah, I've played Gears of War 1, Kuma & Hexic HD via backwards compatibility so far.

GTR_07
22-09-2015, 12:25
Thanks for everyone's information (just had a little read on Google as well) all makes sense now thanks

I did reply to a thread in pcars off topic trying to apply but if they are no longer accepting invites no problem November not that far away now - I look forward to it.

Thanks everyone.