PDA

View Full Version : Demolition derbies

Amik
22-09-2015, 02:48
Hi,

Anyone wanna join me to turn some random games into demolition derbies. I was hoping for 1 or 2 partner to form a Complete roadblock (trust me this is really funny and also a good way to sequre a pole Place). We are ofc aiming to get a poleplace, which will happen if we manage to make enough People crash:)

Charger
22-09-2015, 04:45
BLOCK http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969819787

Amik
22-09-2015, 04:47
what? plz no.

TenthDan
22-09-2015, 04:52
Are you being silly/sarcastic or do you genuinely intend to go online and deliberately ruin other peoples' races?

Charger
22-09-2015, 04:56
Are you being silly/sarcastic or do you genuinely intend to go online and deliberately ruin other peoples' races?

No he means it, we got done by him tonight for a couple of hours, it's not funny at all.

TenthDan
22-09-2015, 04:57
Hopefully that kick button will be along soon enough, in the meantime your above advice to block/ignore such people is reasonable.

Charger
22-09-2015, 05:00
That is good news Tenthdan ;)

Amik
22-09-2015, 05:02
Well, it may sound a little silly. But i actually bought the game to enjoy it this way. I like the physics in it and the way i see the cars crash. Also I usually get much bigger crashes in the online games compared to the AI games. This brings back a lot of memories from Nascar Racing (1994):)

I would like to point out that this is an implemented feature and not against any rules i have agreed to when buying/installing the game. Im simply searching for more people that enjoys the game in the same way as I do.

TenthDan
22-09-2015, 05:09
Well, it may sound a little silly. But i actually bought the game to enjoy it this way. I like the physics in it and the way i see the cars crash. Also I usually get much bigger crashes in the online games compared to the AI games. This brings back a lot of memories from Nascar Racing (1994):)

I would like to point out that this is an implemented feature and not against any rules i have agreed to when buying/installing the game. Im simply searching for more people that enjoys the game in the same way as I do.

Yes best you only race against people that also enjoy such behaviour, because it is incredibly rude, narcissistic and disrespectful behaviour. If not for the lack of kick button, you'd quickly find yourself racing on your own in most cases.

See, people go online to race each other and want to spend their time doing so, not race three quarters of a lap to hit a parked car and stop.

Do you seriously think others are having fun engaging with you in this way? Why did you buy a racing game if you have no intention of racing? I suggest you go pick up WreckFest (or even Grid Autosport) instead and enjoy the 'crash physics' there instead.

Amik
22-09-2015, 05:15
I do race, but as demolition derbies (like i did when i played NR on the internet. And by my experience, most of the players tend to stay (while letting me stay as well). I also think that those few who doesn't have fun just leave, but since most People stay; they are probably having fun. After all, everything about computergames is having fun right?

TenthDan
22-09-2015, 05:23
I do race, but as demolition derbies (like i did when i played NR on the internet. And by my experience, most of the players tend to stay (while letting me stay as well). I also think that those few who doesn't have fun just leave, but since most People stay; they are probably having fun. After all, everything about computergames is having fun right?

In this game, it's because those people can't forcibly remove you. They're staying because they are racing as a group and don't want to split up.

You're just ruining their experience, and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise.

Your fun =/= everyone else's fun

gotdirt410sprintcar
22-09-2015, 05:23
amik http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39091-DIRTY-DRIVERS-STARTS-HERE go put your name down on the sign in sheet. shoot its locked amik that's a easy name to remember lol. I got a 2001 ford focus I will be smashing next summer in the derby going for mad dog one hit junk. Cant wait for the REAL KICK OUT FOR THE NIGHT BUTTON

Charger
22-09-2015, 05:25
Maybe they stay because the host doesn't want to lose all the good racers and hopes that the one idiot that is causing the crashing will get bored and leave, you on the other hand are too slow to see this, we don't want to have to keep making lobbies because the same crasher will just rejoin, we try and work around it and try and collective vote to kick them.

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 05:27
Hi,

Anyone wanna join me to turn some random games into demolition derbies. I was hoping for 1 or 2 partner to form a Complete roadblock (trust me this is really funny and also a good way to sequre a pole Place). We are ofc aiming to get a poleplace, which will happen if we manage to make enough People crash:)

You are that kind of people who deserved to be kicked from servers for deliberately causing crashes in multiplayer games. Not everyone enjoys demolition derby while it makes no sense to have demolition derby when this is a game about racing as clean and fair as possible.

This game definitely needs a kick players command to kick poor sportsmanship players like you from ruining multiplayer which is why I rather race with AI than risking the chance of seeing people like you to ruin my races. I sincerely hope SMS will implement more multiplayer management options to handle people like you.

Go play Wreckfest (http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/?snr=1_7_15__13), Gas Guzzlers Extreme (http://store.steampowered.com/app/243800/?snr=1_7_15__13), Flatout 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/2990/) and Beam NG (http://store.steampowered.com/app/284160/?snr=1_237_querypaginated__104) , there are tonnes of opportunity for you to crash other player's cars than ruining other people's races in games like pcars.

It might be fun for you turning races into demolition derby but do you realise how unfun is it for other players who genuinely want to race?

Charger
22-09-2015, 05:30
Hell I'll chip in and buy you a copy of Grid Autosport if daddy can't get it for you, it has a really good demo derby mode in there, right up your alley, here ya go...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/255220/

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 05:38
Hell I'll chip in and buy you a copy of Grid Autosport if daddy can't get it for you, it has a really good demo derby mode in there, right up your alley, here ya go...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/255220/

Wreckfest (http://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/?snr=1_7_15__13), Gas Guzzlers Extreme (http://store.steampowered.com/app/243800/?snr=1_7_15__13), Flatout 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/2990/) and Beam NG (http://store.steampowered.com/app/284160/?snr=1_237_querypaginated__104) are excellent games to crash your cars into something.

Autosport is pretty damn good too, IMO. Great damage system with fairly fun AI to race with.

Pcars Driver 44
22-09-2015, 05:39
Had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting someone of similar minded idiocy last night. Totally ruined a 15 lap race I was in the lead for 14 THEN what he thought it would be fun as you call it! Decided to let me finish 5th. We don't need a kick button we need a permanent BAN button from ever coming in my lobby again. Plus a name and shame page WITH video evidence so if I start of in your lobby rather than wasting my time I can do one #justsayin

JohnSchoonsBeard
22-09-2015, 06:40
What would help this is if rooms could be named. Then those who want to drive dirty will see a room called "dirty races" and be able to race together. Clean drivers can do the same. This may not weed out all of the crashers but it would help.

ONT
22-09-2015, 07:07
What would help this is if rooms could be named. Then those who want to drive dirty will see a room called "dirty races" and be able to race together. Clean drivers can do the same. This may not weed out all of the crashers but it would help.

There is a proposed online ranking system.....get on fixing it AND a kick button...I will be done with work in 30 days and plan on installing pCARS.... hopefully all this MADNESS will be sorted out :cool:

hkraft300
22-09-2015, 07:55
Trolling: acts of misdemeanour with utter lack of humour or compassion and for no other reason than to be a complete c***

Gets you a giggle on the Internet, and a broken eye socket in real life.

Charger
22-09-2015, 08:05
Careful hkraft300 I got a warning for calling him a four letter word, although I see you were generalising, I wasn't lol!

hkraft300
22-09-2015, 08:14
Thug life ;) lol

Some of us are doing it tough in life. Following the daily grind we come to indulge in a bit of escapism but wreckers and trolls gotta come along and ruin that too.
Society does enough to divide us.

Jiflemon
22-09-2015, 08:17
The guy is an idiot, needs to learn some respect.
He spent the whole weekend wrecking races, I have multiple videos of him doing so.

Charger
22-09-2015, 08:17
Thug life ;) lol

Some of us are doing it tough in life. Following the daily grind we come to indulge in a bit of escapism but wreckers and trolls gotta come along and ruin that too.
Society does enough to divide us.

Totally agree, they wouldn't do it to our face but use the shield of the keyboard and mouse to act big and clever, I race to unwind not get wound up by kiddies who would cry if you looked at them sternly.

Charger
22-09-2015, 08:19
The guy is an idiot, needs to learn some respect.
He spent the whole weekend wrecking races, I have multiple videos of him doing so.

Post them up, I wish I had recorded them myself last night, I was just deflated by the end of it and gave up before I booked a flight!!

Jiflemon
22-09-2015, 08:23
I wont be posting them public as this is exactly what he is looking for, best to kill the thread and ban him from game and forums.
Obvious attention seeking, has social issues by the looks of it.

Charger
22-09-2015, 08:27
I wont be posting them public as this is exactly what he is looking for, best to kill the thread and ban him from game and forums.
Obvious attention seeking, has social issues by the looks of it.

Fair point, he can get banned from the forums but he will just keep coming back, he doesn't give up this troll, about time Steam started acting on these reports but they wont, just as bad as cheating in my book.

Paulo Ribeiro
22-09-2015, 08:52
Hi,

I have a few words for you. Unfortunately, I can't post them here because this is a public forum.

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-09-2015, 08:58
Charger, is this idiot on his own in your lobbies? If you have a big group in the lobby, just have everyone knock him off the track if he is moving. If he is parked, just get everyone to park next to him, park all around him. Just don't ram him at high speed.

He will get bored, if there are no spectacular crashes going on. He will get bored if he is not allowed to get up to any kind of speed.

Im thinking, if you can co-ordinate everyone else in the lobby doing the same thing, this noob will just leave and find another lobby to wreck.

Or, if he still wont leave, have a couple of people take turns in following the noob, and when he parks, just push him off the track.

We have the same troubles with some people, but what gets them to rage quit every time, is: Don't let them qualify,(keeps them at the back) put them in the wall, before the red lights show up , keep the guy at the back. Hold them up for ages, then drive away from them, and when they cannot see you anymore, they quit. This only works when the noob, actually wants to drive and crash. If its a parker you have, then I suggest the parking around him.

But seeing as this idiot is on here, i'm guessing he is just going to be the biggest penis he can be, just to get people shouting and screaming.

On the Xbox, its the same, but when they turn up in our lobby, there are at least 3 - 4 people willing to continually hound the noob until they leave. Usually doesn't take very long HAHA.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FAO Amik the crasher noob, buy a PS4, find a lobby hosted by CopperySinger5, and your have your dream lobby. Everyone wins!

Jiflemon
22-09-2015, 09:05
He's not racing, he's moving backward and forward on the track around prime positions to ensure he is not ghosted.
Also states when he joins that he is going to troll and would anyone like to join him.

Prime example of a "insert expletive of your choice"

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-09-2015, 09:15
Are parked people ghosts now? I didn't encounter many idiots last night, none of them parked anyway.

Well, this guys wants carnage, what happens if no one moves. No one qualify, everyone just sit on the grid. What does he do then? Some how, you gotta find a way to not give him the "fun" he wants.

FLX81
22-09-2015, 09:34
On PS4 there is a "vote to remove player XY" option. Isnt that there on PC as well? Of course at that point your race is already ruined, it takes some worthy seconds to vote and I m not sure if it means a permanent ban. But its better than nothing and I ve seen it put to action at least once.

@ the op: I feel sorry for your sad existence. If your idea of having fun is ruining other peoples good times, this means something has gone terribly wrong in your life or your education. I hope you manage to get over yourself and your situation and some day become a decent human being.

Jiflemon
22-09-2015, 09:50
Bit of a mess around organising everyone in the lobby to vote kick him, most don't even know its there and a lot probably wont see any text whilst concentrating on the road.

We do run our own servers but not always active with players but at least whilst using them there is no issue with plebs as the kick button works in DS :>

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-09-2015, 10:02
On PS4 there is a "vote to remove player XY" option. Isnt that there on PC as well? Of course at that point your race is already ruined, it takes some worthy seconds to vote and I m not sure if it means a permanent ban. But its better than nothing and I ve seen it put to action at least once.

@ the op: I feel sorry for your sad existence. If your idea of having fun is ruining other peoples good times, this means something has gone terribly wrong in your life or your education. I hope you manage to get over yourself and your situation and some day become a decent human being.

Its the same on the xbox, you can kick with a majority vote, but they can just rejoin from the lobby browser. :( This is why I choose the, make THEM want to leave method. At the moment, its more effective.

hkraft300
22-09-2015, 10:14
Ye vote to kick, must be done before race start. On ps4 nobody can join in the last 3 minutes before lights so that's the only effective time to do it, and only if you can rally enough votes.

We have failed as parents and role models by not teaching perspective, morals and compassion. The world is in a sad enough state, yet we have so many like this guy who want to make it that much worse.

Maybe it's his escapism from the grind. Should we show some compassion for his struggle? I think not. There aren't serious enough consequences for dishonourable behaviour. What goes around comes around, and some day somebody gonna need their smile straightened out. Funny how quickly they buckle when confronted in person, in fear of physical harm as a consequence for obnoxious antisocial behaviour. Am I advocating violence? Yes because getting grounded/ detention is nothing compared to the ass-kicking my old man gave me lol

maurice-pascale
22-09-2015, 11:11
Why is this thread still open?
that you guys have fun to blame him?

this thread is useless and not correct for the game.....all other threads ,which are criticism to the game, get closed in seconds....but this is open that everyone can tell him how bad he is....

cluck
22-09-2015, 11:36
Why is this thread still open?
that you guys have fun to blame him?

this thread is useless and not correct for the game.....all other threads ,which are criticism to the game, get closed in seconds....but this is open that everyone can tell him how bad he is....Isn't it better that a thread is open for people to show how this sort of in-game behaviour is not acceptable? The more people that post, the better. The more that anti-social folk, like the OP, see how the world (the world of pCARS that is) is against them, the better.

To the OP. If you want a demolition derby, do it in an AI race, don't do it in public lobbies. It's not big, it's not clever and whilst you might get a small giggle out of the carnage, you must realise that you are ruining a lot of other people's days. People, like myself, play Project CARS to get away from the world, to relax, to unwind, to de-stress. You do nobody any favours with your childish antics - yes, childish - and I suggest you grow up. I see from your Steam profile that you have had your account for 10 years. That means you must now, technically, be an adult. Act like one.

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 11:41
Oh well... closed.