PDA

View Full Version : Driver network and time trials still locked out.

StuWard75
22-09-2015, 07:36
Title says it all really.

wOoDsTeR16
22-09-2015, 07:51
Title says it all really.

Welcome to the club, it's driving me up the wall!

odemode
22-09-2015, 09:04
Mine was fine straight away

KkDrummer
22-09-2015, 10:59
It was locked for me last night...why does it lock???

Alexandru Marian
22-09-2015, 11:26
The Community Events and some Time Trial mapping information is stored on the Xbox Live global storage servers. This allows us to tweak Time Trial settings and to add more events without having to patch the entire game.

When the game boots up it attempts to connect to Xbox Live and download the latest list of events and TT. It unlocks the two options when this completes (it will retry a few times if the servers do not answer in a timely manner).

It may be that Xbox Live was experiencing a temporary issue - their status page seems to indicate some issues with the "Purchase and Content Usage" services. We're sorry this has prevented you from accessing the Community Events and Time Trial options.

Are you guys still experiencing issues with it? We'll check with Microsoft to see if we can solve this issue.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 11:34
The Community Events and some Time Trial mapping information is stored on the Xbox Live global storage servers. This allows us to tweak Time Trial settings and to add more events without having to patch the entire game.

When the game boots up it attempts to connect to Xbox Live and download the latest list of events and TT. It unlocks the two options when this completes (it will retry a few times if the servers do not answer in a timely manner).

It may be that Xbox Live was experiencing a temporary issue - their status page seems to indicate some issues with the "Purchase and Content Usage" services. We're sorry this has prevented you from accessing the Community Events and Time Trial options.

Are you guys still experiencing issues with it? We'll check with Microsoft to see if we can solve this issue.

90% of the Time its Locked for me.

wOoDsTeR16
22-09-2015, 11:53
90% of the Time its Locked for me.

Same here, and has been for months now!. You have to quit the game and then restart it god knows how many times for it to open, never and I mean NEVER will it be open on the first time I boot the game up

inthebagbud
22-09-2015, 12:09
@SMS

This was never an issue until the TT leaderboard wipe

this was the original thread from then http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38215-TT-amp-Driver-Network-Locked

KkDrummer
22-09-2015, 12:18
Xbox live status page: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status there's been issues since last night...it seems to have improved a bit, but you can still see an issue with purchases and usage....

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:36
Xbox live status page: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status there's been issues since last night...it seems to have improved a bit, but you can still see an issue with purchases and usage....

Nah Drummer its been Locked for much longer than one day for me. Im telling you 90% of the time I fire up the game its locked. I pretty much never even bother with TT anyway so it hasnt bothered me much but it has been locked

wOoDsTeR16
22-09-2015, 12:42

It happens no matter what state xbLive is in mate, and when you can't league race because of all the on line issues TT is all I got left so gets really annoying

PorscheFanatic7
22-09-2015, 16:56

I'm not sure when this happened to others, but I only noticed them being locked after patch 3.0. In my limited experience with it, it seemed to be an issue involving logging in and associating with a game controller properly. After patch 3.0, the button to start the game is now shown as "A" instead of the old "menu" (3 horizontal line) button. Pressing "menu" will still start the game.

Here is what I noticed: pressing "A" to start the game seems to result in the TT and Community Events being locked; pressing "menu" to start the game has them unlocked and functioning properly. It is worth noting I use a Fanatec CSWV2, so when I push "menu" to start the game I need to select my profile to associate it with my wheel (I'm usually already signed in via face recognition). After finding this correlation, I always use "menu" to start the game and I have no issues with those items being locked.

So my thought is when you guys added the use of "A" to start the game, a different/incorrect logic path is used internally to sign in/associate a controller.

Hopefully this helps; I haven't tested super thoroughly but I can take a look at it some more if needed.

KkDrummer
22-09-2015, 16:58
It is unlocked now and showing an event that requires the new Aston DLC! =]

beetes_juice
22-09-2015, 17:14
Nah Drummer its been Locked for much longer than one day for me. Im telling you 90% of the time I fire up the game its locked. I pretty much never even bother with TT anyway so it hasnt bothered me much but it has been locked

How do you boot the game up?

inthebagbud
22-09-2015, 18:23
Porschefanatic

We thought it was related to button change but see my post 8 in this thread with link to original thread which shows testing we did

PorscheFanatic7
22-09-2015, 23:06
Porschefanatic

We thought it was related to button change but see my post 8 in this thread with link to original thread which shows testing we did

Interesting. It's possible there are a layer of issues (like Alexandru said, contacting Live servers could be failing). To me one of them looks related to login/controller association since we both saw a difference between starting the game with "A" and "menu". When the items were locked for others even when using "menu", it could have been for a different reason.

Only SMS can drill down to find the root cause, but we can help speed up the process by narrowing down the search. Login/controller association still seems to me a good place to start.

Alexandru Marian
22-09-2015, 23:55
Thanks for the info guys. I can't for the life of me imagine why the button press would matter - both A and ≡ trigger the exact same code our side. However we haven't tried this with Kinect instant log in enabled.

I'll let the team know to try with a wheel & controller connected at the same time as well.

OpticalHercules
23-09-2015, 00:30
I'm not sure when this happened to others, but I only noticed them being locked after patch 3.0. In my limited experience with it, it seemed to be an issue involving logging in and associating with a game controller properly. After patch 3.0, the button to start the game is now shown as "A" instead of the old "menu" (3 horizontal line) button. Pressing "menu" will still start the game.

Here is what I noticed: pressing "A" to start the game seems to result in the TT and Community Events being locked; pressing "menu" to start the game has them unlocked and functioning properly. It is worth noting I use a Fanatec CSWV2, so when I push "menu" to start the game I need to select my profile to associate it with my wheel (I'm usually already signed in via face recognition). After finding this correlation, I always use "menu" to start the game and I have no issues with those items being locked.

So my thought is when you guys added the use of "A" to start the game, a different/incorrect logic path is used internally to sign in/associate a controller.

Hopefully this helps; I haven't tested super thoroughly but I can take a look at it some more if needed.

I think considering Kinect is just throwing a variable into the mix that isn't necessary. This locked TT/Community Event issue happens to players without Kinect, and also to players logging in with only one controller. It does happen to me when I log in using only my Spider wheel and no kinect, with my xbox controller never turned on after a hard reset of the xbox.

I appreciate trying to logically find cause and effect, and you make a very good argument. The problem is you're supposing that both an xbox controller and wheel be active at once and a kinect be involved, when neither are necessary to trigger this issue.

For me though the issue is only 50/50 whether it's locked or unlocked. I do take the additional sign-in step you mention of having to select profile after hitting A/Menu because of the wheel. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it sometimes does not show a player name in the upper right and Comm/TT is locked. Maybe also worth noting is that when those are locked and there is no playername in the upper right, if you start any Race Weekend event, it only shows "Player" as your name on the leaderboard.

Edit: I kind of mentally jumbled PorscheFanatic and Alexandru's posts when I was writing that, and now I'm not sure to whom I was responding...

inthebagbud
23-09-2015, 06:05
Just another thought . Since my original issues with Patch 3 this issue has gone away for me, although I have not played as much. My only change is to move my setup and I am currently using WiFi instead of wired connection, but I am closer to my router

Which got me thinking I assume that for TT to be enabled that the sofware has to receive a signal, from I assume xbox live account , and again i assume there is there a "time out" setting for the software to receive this handshake. Consequently if it doesn't receive this they remain locked??

Therefore has something changed in this time out setting since patch 3 and/or a change to how strong the handshake has to be

Raven403
23-09-2015, 12:05
Thanks for the info guys. I can't for the life of me imagine why the button press would matter - both A and ≡ trigger the exact same code our side. However we haven't tried this with Kinect instant log in enabled.

I'll let the team know to try with a wheel & controller connected at the same time as well.

Occasionally, if the controller is plugged in, it reads the controller as the primary controller, not the wheel, and if ive used the Wheel to Log in, and its reading the controller which may not be recognized as Logged In, that could be part of it.

To fix this I just need to unplug the controller and it reads the wheel.

PorscheFanatic7
23-09-2015, 16:29
I think considering Kinect is just throwing a variable into the mix that isn't necessary. This locked TT/Community Event issue happens to players without Kinect, and also to players logging in with only one controller. It does happen to me when I log in using only my Spider wheel and no kinect, with my xbox controller never turned on after a hard reset of the xbox.

I appreciate trying to logically find cause and effect, and you make a very good argument. The problem is you're supposing that both an xbox controller and wheel be active at once and a kinect be involved, when neither are necessary to trigger this issue.

For me though the issue is only 50/50 whether it's locked or unlocked. I do take the additional sign-in step you mention of having to select profile after hitting A/Menu because of the wheel. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it sometimes does not show a player name in the upper right and Comm/TT is locked. Maybe also worth noting is that when those are locked and there is no playername in the upper right, if you start any Race Weekend event, it only shows "Player" as your name on the leaderboard.

Edit: I kind of mentally jumbled PorscheFanatic and Alexandru's posts when I was writing that, and now I'm not sure to whom I was responding...

Haha no worries.

To be clear, this is what I do:
1. Cold boot xbox (power saving mode)
2. Kinect face sign in
3. Turn on wheel
4. Start game with "menu", select my profile to associate the wheel with my already logged in profile

My point was that "menu" seems to work more reliably than "A" to start the game and have the items unlocked. However, this could be coincidence since I haven't tested thoroughly.

I mentioned Kinect sign-in just to state my use case, and I don't have a controller powered on at any point in the process.

I seem to remember reading in another thread that when people have both a gamepad and a wheel powered on, they have to use "menu" to start the game with the wheel to have it active as the primary controller. I think they said starting the game with "A" on the wheel would result in the gamepad being the primary controller. That somewhat coincides with my observations and may help point to the problem; I'll try to link the thread.

EDIT: Here is the link to the thread (1st post states the relevant info) - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38274-WORK-AROUND-TX-wheel-not-recognised-when-driving-after-patch-3-0&p=1104011&viewfull=1#post1104011. It would appear there is a difference with "menu" and "A" involving primary controller association.

Xdomenic
24-09-2015, 01:09
You don't have to do all that. Just close the game and restart it and make sure it doesn't ask u to sign in. When I 1st start my game For some reason my connect doesn't recognize me and it asks me to sign in , so I click choose this person and let pcars start then I close it by hitting the Xbox button and choosing close game then I restart a 2nd time and time trials and comm events unlock . Hope this helps

starhound
24-09-2015, 06:11
Ok here is what i did last night i deleted all my saved data (hardly done anything to lose anyway) then updated to 4.0 once it had done i hard reset connected my wheel turned on the xbox signed in ( No Kinect ) loaded up Project cars and calibrated wheel and no issues with timetrial or Driver Network all there ready to enter ..i pressed A at the title screen..all working fine for me had a good 4-5hr career sesson without a single incident

Alexandru Marian
25-09-2015, 10:58
Thanks for all the info guys, just been told the team has indeed found an issue with the code path in that pressing "A" would not properly trigger certain events which would in turn lead to the wheel not being properly registered as the active controller. This is now being fixed and should be ready in time for next patch.

In the meantime can you confirm whether pressing "Menu" (≡) works ok for you? I realise that some wheels don't have a "Menu" button so another alternative is to disconnect the gamepad from the console before pressing "A" on the wheel to start the game.

Sorry for this bug :(

wOoDsTeR16
25-09-2015, 11:25
Thanks for all the info guys, just been told the team has indeed found an issue with the code path in that pressing "A" would not properly trigger certain events which would in turn lead to the wheel not being properly registered as the active controller. This is now being fixed and should be ready in time for next patch.

In the meantime can you confirm whether pressing "Menu" (≡) works ok for you? I realise that some wheels don't have a "Menu" button so another alternative is to disconnect the gamepad from the console before pressing "A" on the wheel to start the game.

It's good to see main issues being attended to, also updating us as well!. Thanks buddy

Bealdor
25-09-2015, 11:45

I want to add this to the known issues list but I'm not sure I understood the bug right. Does this issue actually trigger two bugs at once? Wheel not getting recognized AND TT + Driver Network locked?

Thanks

Alexandru Marian
25-09-2015, 13:07
I want to add this to the known issues list but I'm not sure I understood the bug right. Does this issue actually trigger two bugs at once? Wheel not getting recognized AND TT + Driver Network locked?

Thanks

Yes, you are right. The issue is that the game interprets this as no Xbox Live user logged in on the active controller which leads to the game disabling the two options.

Raven403
25-09-2015, 13:11
Yes, you are right. The issue is that the game interprets this as no Xbox Live user logged in on the active controller which leads to the game disabling the two options.

Had a feeling this is what was happening. Thanks for updating us Alex

OpticalHercules
25-09-2015, 15:54

Thank you for the activity, Alexandru & Team.

Pressing Menu button does also trigger this issue. It's not just clicking A. In my experience, clicking A triggers this almost every time, while clicking Menu is about a 50% chance of the game loading correctly or with no playername in upper left and Community/TT locked. I play on a 458 Spider wheel which does have both Menu and A buttons.

Edit: This issue is from Patch 3.0 not 4.0, just in case you're only looking from 4.0 forward.

PorscheFanatic7
25-09-2015, 16:17

Thanks for the update!

On the Fanatec Wheel Base V2, I think "Menu" has worked every time for me whereas "A" failed every time (small test set).

As a clarification, though, I never have a gamepad connected and "A" still results in the items being locked. So wheel users without a "Menu" button may need to figure out another workaround (although they must have some way of starting the game with "Menu" as "A" wasn't always an option).

EpilepticToast
26-09-2015, 08:25
Hey guys, I've been having this problem also every time I start up Pcars. I have found a solution that has worked twice now for me so hopefully it's a way around the bug. Each time you start up the Xbox for a session in Pcars, while you're at the home screen (already signed into XBL), go up to the top left of the screen and select the area that shows your GT beside the notifications. Press A here and re sign in as your main GT (after selecting it'll come up with a choice to sign in as your main profile or a guest). Doing this prevents the game from prompting you to sign in after you press menu or start when launching the game. This has unlocked the TT and community events as well as shown my GT in top right corner twice in a row now without issue after starting the game for the first time, when it usually bugs out the first time, requiring a quit and restart of the game. I'm not sure if this works all the time, but from what I've tested it works and stops the features from locking up. Although not completely fixed, this method saves a lot of time and should ensure that all aspects of Pcars are unlocked from the get go aftr you start it up for the first time.

OpticalHercules
26-09-2015, 15:54
Hey guys, I've been having this problem also every time I start up Pcars. I have found a solution that has worked twice now for me so hopefully it's a way around the bug. Each time you start up the Xbox for a session in Pcars, while you're at the home screen (already signed into XBL), go up to the top left of the screen and select the area that shows your GT beside the notifications. Press A here and re sign in as your main GT (after selecting it'll come up with a choice to sign in as your main profile or a guest). Doing this prevents the game from prompting you to sign in after you press menu or start when launching the game. This has unlocked the TT and community events as well as shown my GT in top right corner twice in a row now without issue after starting the game for the first time, when it usually bugs out the first time, requiring a quit and restart of the game. I'm not sure if this works all the time, but from what I've tested it works and stops the features from locking up. Although not completely fixed, this method saves a lot of time and should ensure that all aspects of Pcars are unlocked from the get go aftr you start it up for the first time.

This does work, and is the same process some users have to use while using a wheel and then turning on a controller to use voice chat.

Doing this is essentially what that window is after the game asks you to click A/Menu, where you have to select your gamertag if you're using a wheel. If you notice, when you first boot xbox and game, it asks you for that sign-in but once you go into the game and see TT/Comm locked, you then dashboard, close game, then restart it. When you start the game the second time, it never asks you to pick gamertag again. At least, this is how it works in my case. I often have locked TT/Comm event, but only on the first boot of the game. If I close the game and restart it, it ALWAYS registers properly the second time. I do not know what is different in my case compared to other users who have to load/exit/reload many times over to get it unlocked such as the 17 times from OP.

The problem is that for some reason that changed after patch 3.0, that in-game sign-in is not being registered properly, causing the TT/Comm to be locked. If you then close game and restart OR select your gamertag as you suggest prior to starting the game the first time, the game recognizes and registers your gamertag properly every time.

Bealdor
26-09-2015, 16:46
Sorry for the late reply. Added bug and workaround to Known Issues list [UI].

slimzlim
01-10-2015, 08:11
I think i found a solution( for me works). In game press X to change user, I choose my girlfriend account then switch back to my account and work every time.