PDA

View Full Version : Fictional vs. non-fictional content and general DLC discussion (from DLC Tease Thread

Pages : [1] 2

NemethR
22-09-2015, 07:52
Only the Test Track...
I don't think SMS is going into the right direction with this :(

Yorkie065
22-09-2015, 08:04
Only the Test Track...

Whats to say that it's just the test track? ;)

RoccoTTS
22-09-2015, 08:05
Only the Test Track...

Maybe you should try the track first before you judge ?

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 08:08
Only the Test Track...

Don't judge it before you tried it. ;)

NemethR
22-09-2015, 08:16
Maybe you should try the track first before you judge ?

Whats to say that it's just the test track? ;)

Its still only a fictional track.

Where is Mugello for example?

In my opinion fictional tracks are not worth the money.
It can be good, and fun yes, but giving us a TEST track as a paid dlc...
Here is the point where SMS lost me as customer. :(

Photonmonkey
22-09-2015, 08:18

yep, after seeing a few screen shots and if the layouts are what has been posted in this thread I have never been so excited about a test track before :) bring it on!

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 08:21

It's not only a test track. It also has different layouts where actual racing is possible. The "free roam" test layout is just a bonus IMO.

Do you think that Sakitto is a worse track just because it's not the original Suzuka?

RoccoTTS
22-09-2015, 08:22

I've got good news for you : it's optional, you don't have to buy it.
And if you buy it, i've got again good news for you : it cost almost nothing, the previous dlc were almost free.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 08:25
It's not only a test track. It also has different layouts where actual racing is possible. The "free roam" test layout is just a bonus IMO.

Do you think that Sakitto is a worse track just because it's not the original Suzuka?

Yes, I do.

I do not even drive it at all, I did it once, and it felt like some twisted montrosity, sometimes reminds me of Suzuka, and then suddenly turn into a nightmare.

My opinion is, that time, and resources should be spent on REAL race tracks.
I don't mind if it is only a small racetrack, like the old Goodwood circuit, Barbagallo, Pannonia Ring, or anything really as long as it is a real one.
This is a simulator (its said), and as such it should simulate driving on real racetracks.
If I want to drive on fictional racetracks, I could play Megarace 2 :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV1C_gIRhCI

I've got good news for you : it's optional, you don't have to buy it.
And if you buy it, i've got again good news for you : it cost almost nothing, the previous dlc were almost free.

It is NOT optional:
If I want to drive the Old Aston, and the Mercedes I have to buy the track too!
Optional would be if we could purchase it per car and per track.

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 08:33
Yes, I do.

I do not even drive it at all, I did it once, and it felt like some twisted montrosity, sometimes reminds me of Suzuka, and then suddenly turn into a nightmare.

But do you dislike it because you don't like the layout or only because it's fictional?

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 08:50

Why fictional tracks not worth the money? It is still a track that you can race on, it just does not have an official license that is based on a real place attached to it. If the test track has no layouts to race on, then, I admit I am a bit disappointed.

Some of my favorite tracks are fictional tracks, like GTL's Pace Park, AC's Luccaring and LFS's Blackwood. You can have the licensed track but if it is a terrible track, people wont race on it too. Likewise, if it is a well designed fictional track, people will use it, even across games like what happened to Pace Park that appeared in AC, rF1, and Race 07. It's like you are jumping to conclusions based on the book's cover instead of try it with open mind.

This makes me wonder if we are getting the Indycars in the "special fan-requested" car pack in October followed by Indianapolis as part of the November pack.......

I highly doubt we will get Indy without at least one track attached to it. That shot looked like the one they showed us in WMD where it is the base Dallara Indy car without the Chevy or Honda aero bits attached to it.

We'll get a car pack on October, where I think we will get some new cars, possibly some Japanese cars.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :(

Akra
22-09-2015, 08:54
But do you dislike it because you don't like the layout or only because it's fictional?

I like fictional tracks but I don't like the fictional Suzuka because it's too unrealistic. The long left hander un the bridge has far too extreme a hill and the final corner is a bit mad for a modern circuit. Really, it's like a "Ridge Racer imagines a modern track".

NemethR
22-09-2015, 08:54

Well, its a bit more complicated then that :)

I hate it because it reminds me how great Suzuka is, and then suddenyl takes away the feel of driving that track.
I dislike it because it issome mutant version fo the real track.
In my opinion, either it should be put into the game like Monaco (different name same track) or not at all.

But I REALLY LIKE California Highway, and kinda like Azure coast.
The thing, that is a great plus here, it that it feels like driving an open road, and its loooong.
I know they are fictional, but its still good.

That Misty Loch track looked promising.

My issue with the test track is:
Because it is a test track, don't really see why it should be a paid content.
At least it could have been paired with a real track. - Then I would say its ok.
The amount of work that was put into it, could have been put into other tracks (Daytona, Indianapolis, Mugello, Macau, Red Bull Ring)
- And I am willing to pay $$ for those for sure. Not for a Test track tough.

Its not mainly the fact that it is fictional, it is the gesture.
I generally do not like fictional tracks, but they sometimes are good, like the loong open road tracks (Azure Coast, California Highway)
But really the gesture is that makes me say I am not willing to buy anything anymore.

The Racing icons car pack was awesome.
Then the Aud pack was a bit less awesome.
New vs old... was so-so
But then a damn Test track is just a pure insult in my opinion.

Also a TEST track to test your car shoud be available to all players for free.

IJerichoI
22-09-2015, 09:23
Given that you get 4 awesome cars together with the track for maybe 5€ I 'll go for it even if I don't need the track. And I want the track, as it will be cool for just having some driving fun.

As to say for the fictional-non-fictional thing. I rather go for a fun Sakitto (I beleve the west-circuit inverted is really fun) than a licenced Zuhai which nobody drives, and which isn't half as fun as all Sakitto versions. And I also like the Sakitto more than Suzuka, somehow.

Edit: chig88 just nailed my point :D

chig88
22-09-2015, 09:24
I like fictional tracks but I don't like the fictional Suzuka because it's too unrealistic. The long left hander un the bridge has far too extreme a hill and the final corner is a bit mad for a modern circuit. Really, it's like a "Ridge Racer imagines a modern track".

You & I have very different opinions haha :).

I love Sakitto. Always found Suzuka a very frustrating track to drive in other games, but Sakitto pretty much solves all of the problems I had. The esses are a bit more forgiving & you can take multiple lines through there, unlike Suzuka where if you get the entry wrong it just hurts you badly for that entire section.

And getting rid of that painful chicane at the end of the lap is a stroke of genius. Yes, it probably wouldn't be allowed IRL, but nailing it flat out from '130R' all the way to the first corner is tremendous fun. :D

NemethR
22-09-2015, 09:29
Given that you get 4 awesome cars together with the track for maybe 5€ I 'll go for it even if I don't need the track. And I want the track, as it will be cool for just having some driving fun.

As to say for the fictional-non-fictional thing. I rather go for a fun Sakitto (I beleve the west-circuit inverted is really fun) than a licenced Zuhai which nobody drives, and which isn't half as fun as all Sakitto versions. And I also like the Sakitto more than Suzuka, somehow.

Edit: chig88 just nailed my point :D

Zhuhai is a lot of fun, once you learn it.
Its much better than any other chinese track.

Invincible
22-09-2015, 09:37
Always found Suzuka a very frustrating track to drive in other games, but Sakitto pretty much solves all of the problems I had. The esses are a bit more forgiving & you can take multiple lines through there, unlike Suzuka where if you get the entry wrong it just hurts you badly for that entire section.

And getting rid of that painful chicane at the end of the lap is a stroke of genius. Yes, it probably wouldn't be allowed IRL, but nailing it flat out from '130R' all the way to the first corner is tremendous fun. :D

^^ This!

I somehow liked Suzuka, but just couldn't get used to it and never been able to tell what disturbed me. Sakitto showed me what has been wrong with Suzuka all the time. Imo, they should rebuild Suzuka based on Sakitto :p

hkraft300
22-09-2015, 09:43

Sakitto too extreme he reckons lol :p
Have you even driven Bathurst? Says the Aussie ;)

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 09:43
You & I have very different opinions haha :).

I love Sakitto. Always found Suzuka a very frustrating track to drive in other games, but Sakitto pretty much solves all of the problems I had. The esses are a bit more forgiving & you can take multiple lines through there, unlike Suzuka where if you get the entry wrong it just hurts you badly for that entire section.

Well said.

I never really like Suzuka in other games but Sakitto is a lot better in my opinion due to the changes made to the track that made it a lot more enjoyable to race on. If I am not wrong, some of the changes on Sakitto are consulted with Nick Hamilton or Ben Collins.

Zhuhai is a lot of fun, once you learn it.
Its much better than any other chinese track.

Shanghai is way better than Zhuhai. It has good amounts of fast section with slow sections while the track side buildings are always a treat to look at due to interesting architecture.

Zhuhai is a much boring track in my opinion. Both visually and layout.

FLX81
22-09-2015, 09:50
I totally see NemethRs point. Making the test track paid DLC is a wrong move imho. Having a place to test your cars and setups is a feature that should be available for all, that is a core feature of the game. Therefor, I would vote to at least make the basic layout where you can go everywhere free for all.

This DLC will also be a no buy for me, partly because of the above, partly because I dont find the track interesting to race on, partly because the Vantage GTE is the only car that I find interesting to race in that pack. To be perfectly honest, the DLC plans are becoming more and more of a "Huh?!" for me. Imho the focus on manufacturers or car "themes" doesnt work too well, going for series-themed packs to fill up the existing empty classes better or introduce new series (BTCC!!!, GTE, Super GT, bunch of cup cars like the RS01, etc) would make much more sense and be much more exciting than some random Drift MX5 or Rocket Bunny contraption. Hopefully that will come with the historic and oval stuff, I hope those will be worth of the title "expansion".

And lastly: A service called "on demand" should be much more flexible than what we have. Why cant I just buy the Vantage GTE if that is the only car that interests me?

NemethR
22-09-2015, 10:03
Shanghai is way better than Zhuhai. It has good amounts of fast section with slow sections while the track side buildings are always a treat to look at due to interesting architecture.

Zhuhai is a much boring track in my opinion. Both visually and layout.

Umm, Shanghai? Buildings?!.... There is so much smog, that I do not see any buildings there.
Zhuhai is a typical easy to learn, hard to master track.
And there is some great racing every time I drive there.

As for Suzuka, because this is a Sim, I rather get frustrated that I s**k at Suzuka, then enjoy a "nerfed" version of it.

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 10:18
I totally see NemethRs point. Making the test track paid DLC is a wrong move imho. Having a place to test your cars and setups is a feature that should be available for all, that is a core feature of the game. Therefor, I would vote to at least make the basic layout where you can go everywhere free for all.

This DLC will also be a no buy for me, partly because of the above, partly because I dont find the track interesting to race on, partly because the Vantage GTE is the only car that I find interesting to race in that pack. To be perfectly honest, the DLC plans are becoming more and more of a "Huh?!" for me. Imho the focus on manufacturers or car "themes" doesnt work too well, going for series-themed packs to fill up the existing empty classes better or introduce new series (BTCC!!!, GTE, Super GT, bunch of cup cars like the RS01, etc) would make much more sense and be much more exciting than some random Drift MX5 or Rocket Bunny contraption. Hopefully that will come with the historic and oval stuff, I hope those will be worth of the title "expansion".

And lastly: A service called "on demand" should be much more flexible than what we have. Why cant I just buy the Vantage GTE if that is the only car that interests me?

I was expecting that the test track would be patched in but I did not expect it to get racing layout as I thought it is just a polished version of the test track we had in early alpha. Considering we could race on it, I guess that made it better for me. I am unsure whether are we getting the Scotland track though.

In my honest opinion, I think this issue is partly due to the left over content from WMD that made it hard to push it into a pack. How are you going to do a GTE pack when you only have Vantage GTE and Bentley GT3 left?

In the mean time, we are still lacking of license to complete a themed pack, like we do not have Chevrolet, Seat, Citreon and Lada for a WTCC pack or Honda, Nissan and Lexus for a Super GT pack.

There is a reason why I like R3E's themed packs business model, but that one also had a whole lot of issues with it, like how the developer hold back the Nissan GTR GT1 for years partly because there arent enough cars to make a pack with and also awful discount for owners of existing content in a pack. SMS could do the on demand business model like R3E has where you can buy individual content, however, there are also issues with that model such as people having perception that the game is trying to nickel and dime players.

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 10:28
As for Suzuka, because this is a Sim, I rather get frustrated that I s**k at Suzuka, then enjoy a "nerfed" version of it.

So you'd enjoy a frustrating race at a real track more than an actually enjoyable race on a (realistic) fictional track? Wow...

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 10:28
Umm, Shanghai? Buildings?!.... There is so much smog, that I do not see any buildings there.
Zhuhai is a typical easy to learn, hard to master track.
And there is some great racing every time I drive there.

I had been to Shanghai, it is not covered in thick smog everyday. And yes, they have buildings there. Not sure whats your problem, seriously. Shanghai do have an international circuit there too where F1 and WEC goes there.

I did not enjoy Zhuhai at all, and based on my experience with Shanghai Circuit in R3E and F1, I prefer Shanghai's layout over Zhuhai as it has a better mixture of slow and fast corners.

I know you dislike Sakitto, do you really need to keep harping on the same thing each time? Suzuka was removed because it had licensing issue towards release. It was either you get Saikitto or no track at all which SMS choose to modify Suzuka with some changes. I never liked both Saikitto and Suzuka, to begin with.

Learn to accept different opinions, not everyone has to agree with you.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 10:30
I had been to Shanghai, it is not covered in thick smog everyday.

I did not enjoy Zhuhai at all, and based on my experience with Shanghai Circuit in R3E and F1, I prefer Shanghai's layout over Zhuhai as it has a better mixture of slow and fast corners.

I know you dislike Sakitto, do you really need to keep harping on the same thing each time? Suzuka was removed because it had licensing issue towards release. It was either you get Saikitto or no track at all which SMS choose to modify Suzuka with some changes. I never liked both Saikitto and Suzuka, to begin with.

Learn to accept different opinions, not everyone has to agree with you.

And not everyone has to agree with you either!

NemethR
22-09-2015, 10:34
So you'd enjoy a frustrating race at a real track more than an actually enjoyable race on a (realistic) fictional track? Wow...

I am a fan of Simulation.

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 10:39

Me too, but for me "simulation" does not mean to limit my experience by real life limitations.
Sakitto could exist IRL so it's a realistic track and the RWD P30 LMP1, although it's a fictional car, is built according to RL specs and therefore is realistic.

I see no point in abandoning this track and car just because nobody actually built them.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 10:49
Me too, but for me "simulation" does not mean to limit my experience by real life limitations.
Sakitto could exist IRL so it's a realistic track and the RWD P30 LMP1, although it's a fictional car, is built according to RL specs and therefore is realistic.

I see no point in abandoning this track and car just because nobody actually built them.

Well it COULD be but it is not.
Monza COULD have hairpins but it does not :)

I think that a game that calls itself simulator, should be restricted to Real cars, real tracks, and onboard/helmet view.
I never like the idea of fictional tracks/cars. Because what is the limit? At some point then we could race on the moon with a submairine - Sure it is fun, but it isnt realistic.

And for the Test Track, I really don't see the point...
SMS has Mugello, why not work on that, or on Daytona, Indianapolis, etc. instead... You know, the "What tracks would you like to see in the game" thread.
Its like: Well, we know what you want, but no we are not giving it to you guys, rather you get something nobody really asked for.

After the first 2 DLC-s I was super supportive, Ruapuna, is such a great and challenging track, and the IMSA GTO Audi, the sound, the Bentleys, the GT1 cars, they were so great.

Then the "whistling" sound of the Audi 90 disapeared, we got a so-so DLC, but okay, it goes, but now its really going downhill :(

But that is just my opinion.

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 10:59
And not everyone has to agree with you either!

Did I ever forced you to agree with me?

Also, do you really need to be argumentative all the time? Especially when there are varying opinion, you will always try to disregard different opinions and be rude to people who disagree with you.

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 11:02
Well it COULD be but it is not.
Monza COULD have hairpins but it does not :)

Yeah, but if SMS came up with a fun and realistic(!) fictional track with hairpins that is inspired by Monza, I'd drive the c**p out of it. ;)

I think that a game that calls itself simulator, should be restricted to Real cars, real tracks, and onboard/helmet view.

Well, let's agree to disagree on that one.

I never like the idea of fictional tracks/cars. Because what is the limit? At some point then we could race on the moon with a submairine - Sure it is fun, but it isnt realistic.

The limit is what you believe it is for you. It's all personal preference. For me the limit is RL specs for cars (I'm not a fan of that whole Forza tuning thingy) and RL (safety) regulations for tracks.
But I'm sure there are many people that would like to try a Group 5 race on the moon to see the effects of different gravitation and lack of atmosphere.
That'd obviously be a "What if...?" case but a fun one IMO. Sure it's OTT but it's still a legitimate use of a "simulator".

And for the Test Track, I really don't see the point...
SMS has Mugello, why not work on that, or on Daytona, Indianapolis, etc. instead... You know, the "What tracks would you like to see in the game" thread.

Don't know about Mugello but they're definitely working on the oval content.
And believing that the "What tracks would you like to see in the game" thread would have any impact on content that'd be released <6 months before this track even started is optimistic at best, dare I say unrealistic.

Its like: Well, we know what you want, but no we are not giving it to you guys, rather you get something nobody really asked for.

Don't mistake your personal opinion for everybody else's. Almost everybody @WMD was sad that the test track didn't make it in the release version.
And from the feedback I've read (also on other forums) a lot of "regular" players are looking forward to this track.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 11:05
Do you really need to be argumentative all the time? While behaving childishly when people disagree with you.

Learn to respect people, instead of behaving like an arsehole all the time.

I do not see where I did not respect people.
I don't recall being disrespectful to anyone, at leat not intentionally.

balderz002
22-09-2015, 11:06

So its not really gonna be a financially viable game then?

Akra
22-09-2015, 11:08
Sakitto too extreme he reckons lol :p
Have you even driven Bathurst? Says the Aussie ;)

Yes. Bathurst will never be granted Grade 1 status due to its extremes. It barely gets to run open wheelers, and rightly so. The highest it runs is GT3 and V8SC. Yet we run this butchered Suzuka as if it's fine to make it Grade 1 and put LMP1 and F1 cars on it. This is meant to be a sim, so lets be a little more realistic with the fictional stuff.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 11:11
And believing that the "What tracks would you like to see in the game" thread would have any impact on content that'd be released <6 months before this track even started is optimistic at best, dare I say unrealistic.

True, but that is why I only mentioned track we know SMS has worked on in the lase 2 year (Daytona, Indy, Mugello), any of those would have a bigger impact then the Test track or Ruapuna, altough I love Ruapuna.

Pamellaaa
22-09-2015, 11:12
Sure it is fun, but it isnt realistic.

Isn't fun what it is all about, very very few of us are here for any reason other than because we enjoy it so lets have as much content as possible that people enjoy.

For me I have rarely encountered non-real life cars in serious games (arguably GT Vision cars from Gran Turismo but the majority of them are so far removed from reality that they are a novel sideshow and not much else) but the approach that pCars has taken with these is excellent, they are community designed 100% believable and really add to the game, as my first real experience of non-licenced, non-real cars I thing they have been an unmitigated success and the the game would be worse off without them in my view.

Ditto with the tracks, if the option was Sakitto or Suzuka (personally) I would take Suzuka, but given the choice between Sakitto and nothing (as the licencing situation dictates is the actual choice at present) then Sakitto is again an excellent thing to have and a hugely fun track to race around. Fictional tracks are something that have a lot more precedent from other games and something that has always for me been the highlights of most racing games (and simulators) all my fondest memories of Forza are from Maple Valley or Sunset Infield, with GT6 it was Trial Mountain, SSR5 and Deep Forest, all of these are incredibly well designed tracks and add loads to each respective game, they also allow for designers to be a bit more creative and imagine things that couldn't be done in real life for cost/safety/environmental protection/noise levels/etc etc. This is something that I would love to see more of in project cars and as a result I am massively looking forward to this test track landing and I hope for more like it in the future.

Cheesenium
I do not see where I did not respect people.
I don't recall being disrespectful to anyone, at leat not intentionally.

So, this is perfectly fine for your standards? This is how you "respect" people?

cluck
For fear of getting shot down in flames, can I just say I like Sakitto. A lot. I was sad when the Suzuka license couldn't be sorted in time but the devs did a wonderful job on Sakitto. I used to like the old Silverstone layout. I used to love the old Snetterton layout. Do I like the new layouts any less because of my fond memories of the old layouts? A little. Are the new layouts any worse, really, than the old layouts? No, not really. Take Suzuka out of your mind and view Sakitto as a wholly new circuit - with those eyes, you get to appreciate just how much fun it is to race on.

As for a simulation only needing real cars and real tracks to be a 'simulator', try going on the LFS forums and suggesting that :D.

I vote we move all "I don't want the DLC because ..." posts to a new thread. I come in here looking for new snippets and screenshots and all I get is "he said, she said" and, quite frankly, it's getting on my tits.

(and yes, I appreciate the irony of my post)

NemethR
So its not really gonna be a financially viable game then?

Of course it will be, to all sim racers. :)

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 11:14
Yes. Bathurst will never be granted Grade 1 status due to its extremes. It barely gets to run open wheelers, and rightly so.

There is a chance Bathrust might get Grade 1, because they are building a new layout for MotoGP that is set on the flatter area near the track.

http://www.racingcircuits.info/assets/images/News/2015/03%20March/panoramasmll1.jpg

Source: http://www.racingcircuits.info/pro/news/2015/03/12/second-bathurst-circuit-moves-a-step-closer/#.VgE5QJc5OPM

Yet we run this butchered Suzuka as if it's fine to make it Grade 1 and put LMP1 and F1 cars on it. This is meant to be a sim, so lets be a little more realistic with the fictional stuff.

Butched Suzuka happened because of last minute licensing issues. Same goes for Mugello.

It is either you get Saikitto or no track at all. I rather have Saikitto than one less track in the game as there are people who had enjoyed it.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 11:16
So, this is perfectly fine for your standards? This is how you "respect" people?

I will be disrespectul now: If you think that that is disrespectul, then you have serious problems Sir.
Sorry

Pamellaaa
22-09-2015, 11:17
Of course it will be, to all sim racers. :)

A game with only real (and licencable) cars and only real (and licencable) tracks that locks you to helmet or interior cam would not sell to the vast majority of Project Cars audience and yet would cost as much or more to develop, there would be no financial argument for something like this to exist at all.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 11:19
Don't mistake your personal opinion for everybody else's. Almost everybody @WMD was sad that the test track didn't make it in the release version.
And from the feedback I've read (also on other forums) a lot of "regular" players are looking forward to this track.

Ill just ask then.

If test track was in the WMD alpha, and was readily available to WMD players for free, but left out of the final build for some reason, your now gonna make people pay for it? If thats true thats really a sharp turn in the wrong direction for me. Obviously we have to wait and see what is actually included in this DLC but so far im not terribly impressed. One LMP1 car, a Test Track that should be free, and a GT3 spec GTE car thats basically identical to a car we already have (yes yes I get it, it has a different engine, and headlights in the grille :rolleyes:) and the old Merc. I gotta say its starting to look like the DLCs are the leftovers of stuff laying around in Models and Builds that is being touched up and released, none of it so far has felt like its making a big addition to the game IMO.

Really wish we could see some more Filled out classes instead of more one offs and Novelty cars.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
22-09-2015, 11:25
I never like the idea of fictional tracks/cars. Because what is the limit? At some point then we could race on the moon with a submairine - Sure it is fun, but it isnt realistic.Personally I'd see that as a waste of a good simulation. Simulation hasn't and shouldn't be just about "replicating what has been done", but also "replicating what would happen if something was done". To a large extent simulation is used to experiment with things to get an idea of what would happen in real life if things were done a certain way, it's one of the main reasons simulations exist. As long as the fictional cars and tracks are designed within the same realistic parameters that real cars and tracks are designed with, I see absolutely no problem with them, I even welcome them.

This is also why I'm such a massive supporter of racing road cars in sims, extreme weather conditions (SNOW), and just overall driving anything anywhere in any conditions. Indeed, they rarely drive open-wheel circuit race cars on snow (though it is done) and there's even less racing in those conditions, but it's entirely possible (like I've mentioned before, Bridgestone and Pirelli have made snow/ice tyres for F1 cars in the past for demonstrations), and replicating what would happen in such a situation is something I really want to see in a simulator. You can also drive an F1 car on gravel (Red Bull made a video about this when COTA was being built), and I want to be able to do that as well. Completely unmodified road cars aren't often raced on tracks (though Best MOTORing held many races with completely unmodified road cars, and they're not the only ones) because it's dangerous, and that's exactly why simulation is the best avenue for actually doing it.

Heck, I'd even welcome a "submarine race on the moon" assuming it's done realistically: They wouldn't move anywhere. In the same way I'd expect that if I took an LMP car with a circuit setup on a very uneven rally stage, I'd get stuck pretty soon. So yeah, for me simulation should always be about creating a realistic model of what happens when you do a thing, not just doing a thing that's already been done.

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 11:26
Ill just ask then.

If test track was in the WMD alpha, and was readily available to WMD players for free, but left out of the final build for some reason, your now gonna make people pay for it? If thats true thats really a sharp turn in the wrong direction for me.

It's the same reason why the ovals were not included in the release. It was nowhere near the polished level of the release tracks. From the images I've seen they've a lot of polishing work into that track, just like they'll do it with the ovals and classic tracks that are still to come.

22-09-2015, 11:27
a GT3 spec GTE car thats basically identical to a car we already have (yes yes I get it, it has a different engine, and headlights in the grille :rolleyes:)Different power, different weight, different aero, different suspension, different adjustments...

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 11:28
Ill just ask then.

If test track was in the WMD alpha, and was readily available to WMD players for free, but left out of the final build for some reason, your now gonna make people pay for it? If thats true thats really a sharp turn in the wrong direction for me. Obviously we have to wait and see what is actually included in this DLC but so far im not terribly impressed. One LMP1 car, a Test Track that should be free, and a GT3 spec GTE car thats basically identical to a car we already have (yes yes I get it, it has a different engine, and headlights in the grille :rolleyes:) and the old Merc. I gotta say its starting to look like the DLCs are the leftovers of stuff laying around in Models and Builds that is being touched up and released, none of it so far has felt like its making a big addition to the game IMO.

Really wish we could see some more Filled out classes instead of more one offs and Novelty cars.

The problem with the test track is, it was quite rough back in WMD. It does not look remotely as polished as it is now while some corners are changed a bit. Also, the official release will include some racing layouts. I havent race on the new one so it is hard to comment on whether had they redone the mesh or layout as if they do, it is literally a new track.

I agree that it would be better to be release it as free, considering it is sort of done in WMD.

We are also getting Aston Martin DB3 that will accompany the Merc in the same class where we might get a new class to race on.

The DLCs we had so far, most content in the DLC so far are left over licensed content that was unfinished from WMD. We never get to play with those content but we knew they were in the works as unfinished and unpolished content in WMD. The model might be done, but there might not be a damaged model, no proper textures, no LoDs, no physics and so on for that content. The main thing is, these content are not remotely ready for public consumption.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 11:30
It's the same reason why the ovals were not included in the release. It was nowhere near the polished level of the release tracks. From the images I've seen they've a lot of polishing work into that track, just like they'll do it with the ovals and classic tracks that are still to come.

Right, but even if there is a layout you can race on, its a TEST track, I really dont think it should be paid DLC. My opinion obviously, and I get SMS doesnt work for free, but theyve made plenty of money now, and personally I would like to see the Chevy License and get the C7R (Will never happen, ive accepted that at much dismay) THAT I would gladly pay for. I get they keep the price very low, but it adds up, and when Im still waiting to be able to do an Endurance race with a real pit stop stradegy Im less than motivated to part with even 25 cents more of my money. call me a bitter Bast**d if you like but its just my feelings on it. sorry

The DLCs we had so far, all 4 of them, are left over licensed content that was unfinished from WMD. We never get to play with those content but we knew they were in the works and unpolished in WMD to a certain extend.

And they feel like it. They feel like Leftovers that we are being served as Gourmet. And the "On Demand" stuff is kinda funny, and an obvious marketing ploy, if it was truely On Demand you could buy the Track and Cars seperately but its cheap enough not to really matter.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 11:41
Different power, different weight, different aero, different suspension, different adjustments...

I know I know, Youve been pushing that every time I say it, I understand, but if they are GT3 spec'ing it, its not going to be THAT much different, Im telling you. Itll either be much better than the Aston we have, and it will become widely known and no one will use the existing Aston, or itll be slower, and no one will use the NEW one, either way its a strange thing to pay for. This whole pack feels like it should be patched in

cluck
22-09-2015, 11:45
I know I know, Youve been pushing that every time I say it, I understand, but if they are GT3 spec'ing it, its not going to be THAT much different, Im telling you. Itll either be much better than the Aston we have, and it will become widely known and no one will use the existing Aston, or itll be slower, and no one will use the NEW one, either way its a strange thing to pay for. This whole pack feels like it should be patched inFor fear of continuing to de-rail this thread, some people like choice even if the car is inferior. For whatever reason, I just don't like driving the Aston, the Bentley or the Merc in GT3 races, the Z4 and the RUF are my 'go to' cars (I might try the Ginetta now that the volume has been worked on). I know they are often inferior cars and not likely to win me any races but do I care? No, I like driving them and I get pleasure from driving them, so those are the cars I choose. Will I drive the new Aston? Maybe, just to see what it's like and, if I like it, I will drive it when I am allowed to by the lobby host, irrespective of its relative performance.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 11:45
Right, but even if there is a layout you can race on, its a TEST track, I really dont think it should be paid DLC. My opinion obviously, and I get SMS doesnt work for free, but theyve made plenty of money now, and personally I would like to see the Chevy License and get the C7R (Will never happen, ive accepted that at much dismay) THAT I would gladly pay for. I get they keep the price very low, but it adds up, and when Im still waiting to be able to do an Endurance race with a real pit stop stradegy Im less than motivated to part with even 25 cents more of my money. call me a bitter Bast**d if you like but its just my feelings on it. sorry

And they feel like it. They feel like Leftovers that we are being served as Gourmet. And the "On Demand" stuff is kinda funny, and an obvious marketing ploy, if it was truely On Demand you could buy the Track and Cars seperately but its cheap enough not to really matter.

Exactly my point.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 11:47
For fear of continuing to de-rail this thread, some people like choice even if the car is inferior. For whatever reason, I just don't like driving the Aston, the Bentley or the Merc in GT3 races, the Z4 and the RUF are my 'go to' cars (I might try the Ginetta now that the volume has been worked on). I know they are often inferior cars and not likely to win me any races but do I care? No, I like driving them and I get pleasure from driving them, so those are the cars I choose. Will I drive the new Aston? Maybe, just to see what it's like and, if I like it, I will drive it when I am allowed to by the lobby host, irrespective of its relative performance.

I understand Cluck, im ok with adding it, just not really paying for it. Thats the crux of my argument really.

The RUF and Z4 are more than competitive btw.

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 11:48
Right, but even if there is a layout you can race on, its a TEST track, I really dont think it should be paid DLC.

The test track had no racing layout in alpha, the track will not load any AI drivers, afaik. It was literally a test track to test physics back in the early days with a simple skybox and no trackside objects other than fences around the perimeter.

SMS wanted to leave this track out of the game as it was unpolished but people and WMD users asked for it so they brought it back. It is a great place to test setups and also to test physics when the game was in development.

And they feel like it. They feel like Leftovers that we are being served as Gourmet. And the "On Demand" stuff is kinda funny, and an obvious marketing ploy

Unfortunately, that is how game development is as there will be content removed from the game as the game preps for release. Those content either will never see the light of the day or they will appear as paid DLCs.

Those DLCs in Forza, Grid, Drive Club, Assasins Creed, Call of Duty, Witcher 3 and so on, they are all left over content from development if not deliberately planned as DLC in mid development. You just did not know that they are leftover content because no one told you.

if it was truely On Demand you could buy the Track and Cars seperately but its cheap enough not to really matter.

That is a whole can of worms, Race Room Racing Experience allows you to buy content separately. People had been complaining they are getting the short end of the deal if they are buying a racing series pack when they own some content previously. Also, there is also the poor initial impression issue that the game looked like nickel and diming you when you load into the main menu with a microtrasaction-like store. It is a really fun (but damn expensive) game but it took me a year to get over that poor initial perception.

Company of Heroes 2 still have that poor perception that the developers are greedy for years because they used to offer many small pieces of content with a similar IAP-like store. CoH2 offers a lot of skins as microtrasactions, but they arent stopping you from downloading or making one yourself. Yet, people still think they are trying to rip you off.

If SMS allows separate content, you'll see a lot of people complaining that SMS is greedy because the game has IAPs.

azidahaka
22-09-2015, 11:49
A game with only real (and licencable) cars and only real (and licencable) tracks that locks you to helmet or interior cam would not sell to the vast majority of Project Cars audience and yet would cost as much or more to develop, there would be no financial argument for something like this to exist at all.

For my tastes, I would make pcars2 a gt3 only game with proper licenses and only real tracks. Nothing fictional just a lot of tracks and cars rendered to perfection.

I feel we already have too much too different and not accurate enough.

But it's just me I guess... I'm a strange one, for example I loved v8 superstars the next challenge on PS3 and I think it has a better track selection... :D

Raven403
22-09-2015, 11:53
Unfortunately, that is how game development is as there will be content removed from the game as the game preps for release. Those content either will never see the light of the day or they will appear as paid DLCs.

Those DLCs in Forza, Grid, Drive Club and so on, they are all left over content from development. You just did not know that they are leftover content.

Right, but thats how THEY get away with it, they still have plausible deniability. It looks REAL bad in my opinion when people KNOW it was there and now your charging for it, thats all.

The test track had no racing layout in alpha, the track will not load any AI drivers, afaik. It was literally a test track to test physics back in the early days with a simple skybox and no trackside objects other than fences around the perimeter.

We shouldnt have to pay for this tho. I dont know Obviously theres nothing I can do about it but moan but still. Tuning is kind of a pain as it is because of the Return to Pit start all over again system instead of on the fly. Its really time consuming and having a test track would really help with setting up the car for different things in the same location, but having to pay for that rubs me the wrong way

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 12:10
Fictional vs. non fictional content and general DLC discussion moved to here.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:11
To address Nemeths point about fictional content tho, Im ok with fictional tracks, if they're done right, its a Racing Simulator yes but to me that means its Simulating the act of Racing, wherever that is taking place its still a simulation In my book. One of my favorite tracks was the fictional NYC Road track in Forza a while back, Mostly because Im from NY and it was realistically modeled so I could SEE that happening. They could never actually Race through NYC that way in real life, but I could in the game, and I loved it. So im less concerned with the Fictional tracks. Or the Fictional CARS for that matter, Im perfectly ok with the Marek and RWD additions, theyre great. Its just about them being done right in my book.

BTW if you wana include a NYC street course, that'd be cool lol

TexasTyme214
22-09-2015, 12:15
but if they are GT3 spec'ing it, its not going to be THAT much different, Im telling you

I don't know what you mean by this, but it's going to be placed in GT3 with it's GTE spec (because that's what it is), and it'll work out since the lap times will be similar. The M3 GT is much different from the GT3 cars it races against, but it's not necessarily better than all of them.

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 12:16
We shouldnt have to pay for this tho. I dont know Obviously theres nothing I can do about it but moan but still. Tuning is kind of a pain as it is because of the Return to Pit start all over again system instead of on the fly. Its really time consuming and having a test track would really help with setting up the car for different things in the same location, but having to pay for that rubs me the wrong way

So, you are fine with them releasing unfinished content into the game when it isnt finished? No race layouts. No track side objects. No AI. Even the track mesh is quite rough than other tracks. The track looked like some asset from a game in 2010.

It used to looked like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ccKMy1DB38

This track was supposed to be gone forever but people asked for it numerous times, so SMS brought it back with a lot of polish, new mesh and proper racing layout. All these work shouldnt be done for free as making a track takes a lot of work, especially polishing that test track.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:17
I don't know what you mean by this, but it's going to be placed in GT3 with it's GTE spec (because that's what it is), and it'll work out since the lap times will be similar. The M3 GT is much different from the GT3 cars it races against, but it's not necessarily better than all of them.

The M3 is one of the slowest in the class. I never use it. No one in our league is using it in our season right now either. That's sorta what I mean, I submit the lap times WILL be that much different

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:19
So, you are fine with them releasing unfinished content into the game when it isnt finished? No race layouts. No track side objects. No AI. Even the track mesh is quite rough than other tracks. The track looked like some asset from a game in 2010.

It used to looked like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ccKMy1DB38

This track was supposed to be gone forever but people asked for it numerous times, so SMS brought it back with a lot of polish, new mesh and proper racing layout. All these work shouldnt be done for free as making a track takes a lot of work, especially polishing that test track.

No im ok with it Cheese, Im just bitter about having to pay for it is all. Is what it is

Knightfall
22-09-2015, 12:19

Umm sorry man, but just because there is a fictional track doesn't change that it is a simulation.

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 12:21
No im ok with it Cheese, Im just bitter about having to pay for it is all. Is what it is

I wont mind paying for it if it is as polished as a released track.

It was a really fun track to drive around randomly.

The M3 is one of the slowest in the class. I never use it. No one in our league is using it in our season right now either. That's sorta what I mean, I submit the lap times WILL be that much different

I am really slow with the M3, partly because it is a GT2 spec car with no ABS made it much harder to drive.

I dont expect every car to be as fast as it should in my own hands as certain type of handling is the bane of my existence, like how slow is the Ruf to me too.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:22
I wont mind paying for it if it is as polished as a released track.

It was a really fun track to drive around randomly.

Yeah Im sure your not alone man, im most likely in the minority on this, thats ok was just voicing my opinions/feelings on it.

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 12:26
Same here, cant wait to try the track :)

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:27
I am really slow with the M3, partly because it is a GT2 spec car with no ABS made it much harder to drive.

I dont expect every car to be as fast as it should in my own hands as certain type of handling is the bane of my existence, like how slow is the Ruf to me too.

IM using the RUF now in my League, and I just cant find the time others can, But the guy using the Ginetta is finishing on the Podium alot, meaning its more about tuning than the car out of the box, Im sure in the right hands the M3 could compete but im not so sure, in my testing of them the M3 was def. off pace.

We use no assists too so maybe that plays a role

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 12:27
Yeah Im sure your not alone man, im most likely in the minority on this, thats ok was just voicing my opinions/feelings on it.

Maybe SMS will surprise you with this track.

Like how they surprised me with the Old vs New DLC where I was not looking forward to it at all since the leaked season pass. It was a mostly road cars back which I had no interest until I tried it, it is my favorite DLC to date because how different each car is to another.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:33
Maybe SMS will surprise you with this track.

Like how they surprised me with the Old vs New DLC where I was not looking forward to it at all since the leaked season pass. It was a mostly road cars back which I had no interest until I tried it, it is my favorite DLC to date because how different each car is to another.

Maybe. But my only recourse for voicing my objection to things is to speak with my wallet right? I mean moaning on here and paying for the DLC tomorrow doesnt really send the message I want to send (Not that anything I DO will anyway). Maybe after 5.0 if the pit stops work and stuff Ill spend some more money on DLC.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 12:40
Imho all the time and resources spent on a Fictional track are better spent on a real one. (Mugello, Daytona, Indianapolis, just to nam some, that SMS worked on)

Why a Test track then, if SMS was able to polis the Test track, they could have polished any of those 3 and get a better experience to the players.

Pamellaaa
22-09-2015, 12:43
Imho all the time and resources spent on a Fictional track are better spent on a real one. (Mugello, Daytona, Indianapolis, just to nam some, that SMS worked on)

Why a Test track then, if SMS was able to polis the Test track, they could have polished any of those 3 and get a better experience to the players.

Thats as maybe but if all the time and effort is spent on a real track that is then unable to be licenced for whatever reason then a huge amount of time and resources have been wasted, if you start from the beginning to design a fictional circuit (as many excellent games and sims have done in the past) you know for a fact that you aren't going to run into last minute stumbling blocks, you don't have to pay potentially lots of money for a licence and you can still end up with an excellent track.

The more tracks the better in my opinion, them being real, fully-fictional or fictional inspired by real has no bearing at all on my enjoyment of them, I take each track as they come and generally enjoy the vast majority of them.

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 12:43

You are beginning to sound like a broken record. You are repeating the same thing all the time.

Why test track? Because many people(other you) wanted the same test track but polished in the game.

Dont like it, then, dont buy it. It is simple.

cluck
22-09-2015, 12:45

Why a Test track then, if SMS was able to polis the Test track, they could have polished any of those 3 and get a better experience to the players.If they don't have the license for Mugello, there is no point wasting resources on it ;).

As for other tracks, just throwing more people at a smaller number of tracks does not necessarily make them better or get them done any quicker (the phrase "too many cooks spoiled the broth" springs to mind ;)). If the resources are available to polish the test track and the Scottish track, whilst keeping on target for other track development, then why not polish them?

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:46
It'd be cool if that Scottish Fictional track was lumped in with the Test track, Like I said Fictional/Non Fictional I dont really care long as its done right.

cluck
22-09-2015, 12:50
It'd be cool if that Scottish Fictional track was lumped in with the Test track, Like I said Fictional/Non Fictional I dont really care long as its done right.I don't think anybody can argue with that :)

Raven403
22-09-2015, 12:51
I think my biggest issue and the one that drives my feelings on it is the fact that I feel like im getting Nickle and Dimed for stuff I feel should be free. Especially considering the things that were/are still workarounds and detracting from gameplay for me. Makes DLC a hard pill to swallow when I would rather see the Game work better than add more stuff to it right now

I didnt buy in to WMD for it, and I didnt get any sort of return on investment from the game, I just paid my money and got what i got, and have felt like I have been testing it for the past few months, Im enjoying it along the way so Im not really ranting and raving about that, but I think its where I differ from WMD Pcars1 guys on it. Its altogether a different perspective I think. I get that we get a "Free Car" every month as a thanks for your patience but I think that wouldve happened anyway but I digress.

22-09-2015, 12:54
I know I know, Youve been pushing that every time I say it, I understand, but if they are GT3 spec'ing it, its not going to be THAT much different, Im telling you. Itll either be much better than the Aston we have, and it will become widely known and no one will use the existing Aston, or itll be slower, and no one will use the NEW one, either way its a strange thing to pay for. This whole pack feels like it should be patched inThey're not "GT3 spec'ing it", they'll just do what is done in real life as well and apply a slight BoP, if necessary. The gap in speed between GT3 and GTE is almost non-existent anyway, the reason the GT3 cars running the GTD class in Tudor and GTC class in ELMS are slower than the GTE cars is because they're restricted more in those series (aero restrictions, weight restrictions, intake restrictions, tyre restrictions, the organizers do want to create a gap between the classes). Looking at results from series where both cars run separately from each other on the same tracks (quick search turned up results for Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Spa and Nürburgring, all from this year), so that both classes are left to their own pace without influencing each other, the difference between the poles and fastest laps for GT3 and GTE cars was usually less than a second, and GT3 cars actually managed to beat the fastest laps of GTE cars at times. The largest single difference was on Spa, where the fastest qualifying time in the 24H GT3 race was 1.488 seconds slower than the pole time for GTE cars in the 6H WEC race. The GT3 race qualifying was surprisingly slow though compared to the fastest lap in the race proper, and the GT3 FL was actually faster than the GTE FL in their respective races. Taking the averages of the top times for each class on each track, GTE was on average 0.430 seconds faster.

The gap between the raw performance of the cars simply isn't that big, and considering how GTE (Pro especially) is more of a factory backed class for professionals whereas GT3 tends to be privateer teams with a mix of Pro and Am drivers, the gap between the cars themselves might well be even smaller. We're not talking about a GTE car needing and extra 100 kg of weight or a massively tight intake restrictor, we're talking about very fine tuning to balance cars that are already pretty much the same speed.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 13:04
They're not "GT3 spec'ing it", they'll just do what is done in real life as well and apply a slight BoP, if necessary. The gap in speed between GT3 and GTE is almost non-existent anyway, the reason the GT3 cars running the GTD class in Tudor and GTC class in ELMS are slower than the GTE cars is because they're restricted more in those series (aero restrictions, weight restrictions, intake restrictions, tyre restrictions, the organizers do want to create a gap between the classes). Looking at results from series where both cars run separately from each other on the same tracks (quick search turned up results for Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Spa and Nürburgring, all from this year), so that both classes are left to their own pace without influencing each other, the difference between the poles and fastest laps for GT3 and GTE cars was usually less than a second, and GT3 cars actually managed to beat the fastest laps of GTE cars at times. The largest single difference was on Spa, where the fastest qualifying time in the 24H GT3 race was 1.488 seconds slower than the pole time for GTE cars in the 6H WEC race. The GT3 race qualifying was surprisingly slow though compared to the fastest lap in the race proper, and the GT3 FL was actually faster than the GTE FL in their respective races. Taking the averages of the top times for each class on each track, GTE was on average 0.430 seconds faster.

The gap between the raw performance of the cars simply isn't that big, and considering how GTE (Pro especially) is more of a factory backed class for professionals whereas GT3 tends to be privateer teams with a mix of Pro and Am drivers, the gap between the cars themselves might well be even smaller. We're not talking about a GTE car needing and extra 100 kg of weight or a massively tight intake restrictor, we're talking about very fine tuning to balance cars that are already pretty much the same speed.

Its not an argument I really wana keep going bud, I think your giving this too much By the Book thought. In different drivers hands each version would probably have its strengths and weaknesses, my only point was ONE of them is gonna be Easier/Faster and it will largely nullify the existing or the New Aston, so its a strange thing to include in a DLC pack as opposed to a free car for instance. IDC that theyre adding it, just in the way its being added

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 13:19
I think my biggest issue and the one that drives my feelings on it is the fact that I feel like im getting Nickle and Dimed for stuff I feel should be free. Especially considering the things that were/are still workarounds and detracting from gameplay for me. Makes DLC a hard pill to swallow when I would rather see the Game work better than add more stuff to it right now

I didnt buy in to WMD for it, and I didnt get any sort of return on investment from the game, I just paid my money and got what i got, and have felt like I have been testing it for the past few months, Im enjoying it along the way so Im not really ranting and raving about that, but I think its where I differ from WMD Pcars1 guys on it. Its altogether a different perspective I think. I get that we get a "Free Car" every month as a thanks for your patience but I think that wouldve happened anyway but I digress.

I dont get how is the game nickel and dime you. They are not charging ridiculous amount of money for tiny amount of content and the DLCs are optional to owe. You are still getting patches monthly with some new features where they are still fixing bugs. Lastly, a free car every month where they could just leave it with the DLC than giving it out for free. I agree that the game should be released in the current state than what it was on release. Then, compared to Assassins Creed Unity, Battlefield 4 and PC version of Arkham Knight that was even more buggy at launch, the game could had launched in far worse state than it is now. Considering this is coming from a much smaller team than most AAA developers, it is a huge achievement for me.

I paid about $60 for WMD, the ROI I am getting is barely anything in return. What is the point of defending SMS's every move and mistakes? I am not even raving it on release. Instead, it was more of a meh, its the same thing that is slowly expanding I saw for the last 3 years despite I enjoyed the game a lot since 2011. I joined WMD because I was curious how a modern game is developed. Compared to the WMD days, things were a lot more buggy back then. Luckily it was delayed until May this year, if pcars launched on December last year, it will be far worse than it was on May. Most of games that is in similar genre with pcars on PC, does suffer from similar issues as this game because it is just too complex for a small to medium sized studio to handle everything.

It is not perfect by any means but compared to my other crowd funded games, this game turned out way better than most other crowd funding I backed. At least the game is out and it is actually good fun to play, compared to some games that are still in development hell for the last 3 years with barely anything to show, games that under delivers by miles or games that launched in a state that has barely any content then released a $60 expansion that made my copy invalid unless I buy the expansion.

22-09-2015, 13:21
Its not an argument I really wana keep going bud, I think your giving this too much By the Book thought. In different drivers hands each version would probably have its strengths and weaknesses, my only point was ONE of them is gonna be Easier/Faster and it will largely nullify the existing or the New Aston, so its a strange thing to include in a DLC pack as opposed to a free car for instance. IDC that theyre adding it, just in the way its being addedGoing with that logic, you could apply it to every other addition to every other class as well: A new car will be either easier/faster or harder/slower than existing cars in the class, and either it'll be redundant or it'll be the only option worth using. Heck, it applies the same way to all cars in the class currently, or any other multicar class for that matter. The only reason people are picking on the Aston GTE specifically is because it looks similar to the existing Aston GTE.

Why couldn't the two Astons be easier/faster on different tracks, or in the hands of different drivers? Why must one be automatically either better or worse than the other, especially for everyone and everywhere, instead of just being different? We currently have cars that suit some tracks better than others, or suit some drivers better than others, and averaging the results out our GT3 class is remarkably well balanced, none of them are redundant. I don't really see any reason to expect the Aston GTE wouldn't fit in to the line up in a similar way.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 13:23
I dont get how is the game nickel and dime you. They are not charging ridiculous amount of money for tiny amount of content and the DLCs are optional to owe. You are still getting patches monthly with some new features where they are still fixing bugs. Lastly, a free car every month where they could just leave it with the DLC than giving it out for free. I agree that the game should be released in the current state than what it was on release. Then, compared to Assassins Creed Unity, Battlefield 4 and PC version of Arkham Knight that was even more buggy at launch, the game could had launched in far worse state than it is now. Considering this is coming from a much smaller team than most AAA developers, it is a huge achievement for me.

I know. I'm not trying to incite a riot, was just how I felt. I haven't bought the DLCs bc like u said they're optional and as I said I can only speak with my wallet, I get your points dude, it's just an agree to disagree situation for me

Raven403
22-09-2015, 13:26
That logic applies to every other addition to every other class as well: A new car will be either easier/faster or harder/slower than existing cars in the class, and either it'll be redundant or it'll be the only option worth using. Heck, it applies the same way to all cars in the class currently, or any other multicar class for that matter. The only reason people are picking on the Aston GTE specifically is because it looks similar to the existing Aston GTE.

Yes, exactly my point. No other addition had been a very similar car to an existing one. I wouldve rather seen the ASTON GTE be the free car bc it IS so similar, thats all I was saying. I already said I dont care its being added, just how its paid DLC.

For me its Common sense to make the GTE aston the free car, Since there is already an Aston Gt3 car, it adds to the game and leaves the two classic cars in the pack as part of the DLC to race together.

NemethR
22-09-2015, 13:29
If they don't have the license for Mugello, there is no point wasting resources on it ;).

Just like they did with Suzuka. Altough I agree with you.

22-09-2015, 13:43
Yes, exactly my point. No other addition had been a very similar car to an existing one. I wouldve rather seen the ASTON GTE be the free car bc it IS so similar, thats all I was saying. I already said I dont care its being added, just how its paid DLC.

For me its Common sense to make the GTE aston the free car, Since there is already an Aston Gt3 car, it adds to the game and leaves the two classic cars in the pack as part of the DLC to race together.Guess we're just fundamentally in disagreement here, visual similarity with an existing car isn't enough of a reason for me to expect it to be a free one.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 13:44
Guess we're just fundamentally in disagreement here, visual similarity with an existing car isn't enough of a reason for me to expect it to be a free one.

Yup. That's ok. Agree to Disagree. Makes the world turn

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 13:49

For me its Common sense to make the GTE aston the free car, Since there is already an Aston Gt3 car, it adds to the game and leaves the two classic cars in the pack as part of the DLC to race together.

If it were up to me to pick a free car, Vantage GTE will be my choice as I can "nickel and dime" people for the Merc.

I guess giving out the merc for free would make SMS looked more sincere by giving a brand new car than a car that looked like the one that is in the game. I know there are huge mechanical difference but perception counts too. Gving a car that looked like an existing car on the surface does feel a bit cheap.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 13:55
If it were up to me to pick a free car, Vantage GTE will be my choice as I can "nickel and dime" people for the Merc.

I guess giving out the merc for free would make SMS looked more sincere by giving a brand new car than a car that looked like the one that is in the game. I know there are huge mechanical difference but perception counts too. Gving a car that looked like an existing car on the surface does feel a bit cheap.

True enough, just doesn't feel much better having to pay for it but lumped in with the other stuff I see your point

webuserjonny
22-09-2015, 13:56
Can anyone tell me if the test track has pits and grids so it can actually be raced on? Or is it purely a test track?

foxy2020
22-09-2015, 14:04
For fear of getting shot down in flames, can I just say I like Sakitto. A lot. I was sad when the Suzuka license couldn't be sorted in time but the devs did a wonderful job on Sakitto. I used to like the old Silverstone layout. I used to love the old Snetterton layout. Do I like the new layouts any less because of my fond memories of the old layouts? A little. Are the new layouts any worse, really, than the old layouts? No, not really. Take Suzuka out of your mind and view Sakitto as a wholly new circuit - with those eyes, you get to appreciate just how much fun it is to race on.

As for a simulation only needing real cars and real tracks to be a 'simulator', try going on the LFS forums and suggesting that :D.

I vote we move all "I don't want the DLC because ..." posts to a new thread. I come in here looking for new snippets and screenshots and all I get is "he said, she said" and, quite frankly, it's getting on my tits.

(and yes, I appreciate the irony of my post)

Why would you fear being shot down in flames with that statement, if you have read the thread you'll know full well its one guy against a bunch of WMD's and a mod ...you've just come along and gone along with the masses so no chance of getting shot down at all.
Its worrying that people who might be involved in PCars 2 are so happy with a fake track loosely based on a real one.

Schadows
22-09-2015, 14:11
the "huge" november track pack sounds to me as if ovals are coming back n__n

IJerichoI
22-09-2015, 14:15
Its worrying that people who might be involved in PCars 2 are so happy with a fake track loosely based on a real one.

Why that? We can't change it anyway, these are licensing issues. And on another note, Gran Turismo for example (basically claiming to be "The real driving simulator") always had more fictional tracks than real world ones in it's first iterations.

I don't see any problem here, it enriches the game, either you have one fictional track, or no track at all. If one don't like it, he hasn't to drive it. I for one enjoy them personally.

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 14:16
Why would you fear being shot down in flames with that statement, if you have read the thread you'll know full well its one guy against a bunch of WMD's and a mod ...you've just come along and gone along with the masses so no chance of getting shot down at all.

Still trying to drag civil discussions into a heated argument foxylion... I mean bobbyshop... or was it bodytheapex?
Seriously mate, last chance. Stop trying to stir things up or you're out.

N0body Of The Goat
22-09-2015, 14:21
There's a good mix of layouts in the new Test Track, even one that might even please a certain group of American racing fans. ;)

chig88
22-09-2015, 14:26
even one that might even please a certain group of American racing fans. ;)

Oh now you've done it - everybody duck!!!! :)

Raven403
22-09-2015, 14:27
Could be. But without a pit lane it tempers the fun a bit on the banked bowl

cluck
22-09-2015, 14:42
Just like they did with Suzuka. Altough I agree with you.OK, make that "there is no point wasting further resources on it until the license is secured". Any better? Point is, both tracks were expected to be licensed, but close to release neither was going to make it, it's just that Suzuka was looking more likely. The devs didn't want to chuck away a lot of hard work so focus went on making a fictional track, 'loosely' based on Suzuka, instead and polishing that :).

Sasquatch
22-09-2015, 14:45

Because it's better than the one it's loosely based off of.

It's worrying that the small things, mainly artistic creativity of a location, is completely ruled out because it's simply not a real representation. Sometimes it's nice to see a fictional location and a unique layout. Hell, people have begged for this kind of Test Track in FM/GT. Forza got one with FM4, but it was a open parking lot. But it was not even close to this scale. Nothing negative.

And here you people are complaining about it, pledging to not support this title because of it. It's quite sad.

madmax2069
22-09-2015, 14:48
Fictional vs Non Fictional tracks

I dont care if a tracks is either, I'll race on them, especially when the layout is good.

Just because a track is Fictional doesn't mean its not a good track.

If you dont like it you dont have to buy it.

balderz002
22-09-2015, 15:05
Just my two penneth on the Aston GTE discussion. I dont see a problem in having a seperate GTE class (seperate from the GT3 class). That is, if we could expect more GTE class cars, I dont mind waiting. We have a similar thing with the Group 5. Only 2, but its better than nothing

Raven403
22-09-2015, 15:07
Just my two penneth on the Aston GTE discussion. I dont see a problem in having a seperate GTE class (seperate from the GT3 class). That is, if we could expect more GTE class cars, I dont mind waiting. We have a similar thing with the Group 5. Only 2, but its better than nothing

But that means there would only be one. The Aston

balderz002
22-09-2015, 15:10
But that means there would only be one. The Aston

What about the M3 GT?

Shinzah
22-09-2015, 15:10
What about the M3 GT?

That's a GT2 car, mate.

IJerichoI
22-09-2015, 15:18
That's a GT2 car, mate.

Only half, as this car was built for the ACO rules and therefor was first GT2, but after 2011 became GTE class with some adjustments. So ours is in the same class like the Aston GTE.

balderz002
22-09-2015, 15:18
That's a GT2 car, mate.

My bad, must be because it has the PRO decal on the rear, thinking it was GTE PRO class.

Shinzah
22-09-2015, 15:22
Only half, as this car was built for the ACO rules and therefor was first GT2, but after 2011 became GTE class with some adjustments. So ours is in the same class like the Aston GTE.

I was nearly out technical'd by you, and then I noticed this little error and fixed it for you <3

It's a good point though.

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 15:22
That's a GT2 car, mate.

M3 GT2 could be homoglated for GTE.

Would be nice if we get a 997 GTE too.

Shinzah
22-09-2015, 15:23
Would be nice if we get a 997 GTE too.

Hnnnngggg

Or the RUF equivalent....

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 15:30
Hnnnngggg

Or the RUF equivalent....

I do mean the Ruf version that is based on the RT12 chassis which is also the 997 chassis.

Ruf Ruf!!

22-09-2015, 15:36
Just my two penneth on the Aston GTE discussion. I dont see a problem in having a seperate GTE class (seperate from the GT3 class). That is, if we could expect more GTE class cars, I dont mind waiting. We have a similar thing with the Group 5. Only 2, but its better than nothingI personally don't like that solution, because what it'd essentially do is split up the GT racers into two equally fast classes with less cars in each.

But then again I'm of the opinion that ACO and FIA should get their heads out of their asses in real life as well and stop this GTE/GT3 nonsense, it's ridiculous to have two high level international GT car classes that are so close to each other, it just splits up the manufacturer and team efforts and makes it harder for teams to take part in a wide variety of competitions. Either they should pick one and abolish the other, make a new classification as a compromise and allow them all in the same races in the same class, or make one of them fast enough that they don't have to resort to adding extra restrictions to the other to separate the classes when they run together. Though the last one would probably essentially be like reintroducing GT1...

EDIT: And yeah, a GTE Ruf RT12 R would be a great thing to have. =)

Also I'm not saying I'm against people who want to race GT3 against GT3 only or GTE against GTE only, by no means. I just don't think that separating the two by default is the best solution. Really, I'd much rather see a situation where we could more accurately restrict what cars people can select, so that a server could be set up to allow both classes or just one of them. Until that I think having both in the same class is the best option. Think of it this way: If someone wanted to race GTE cars only in an online situation, they can select GT3 (the in-game class) and ask people to run only GTE cars (works especially if you drive with people you know). And even if someone doesn't play ball, they can at most select a GT3 car, which won't completely ruin the balance of the race. So with people you know you can already run GTE only or GT3 only races by just agreeing to pick them, and even if randoms show up they won't completely imbalance the field. And obviously running a mixed field works well with this system. If GTE and GT3 were separate in-game classes though, it'd be easy to run them online separately, but running a mixed field would be wrought with peril, because you'd have to set the class as "Any", meaning people could show up with a Formula A. So in this scenario running separate fields works well, but running a mixed field is much more difficult without strict organization, and the field can become totally imbalanced, unlike when having the two in the same in-game class. For me personally at least it's better to make sure that you can run the two classes in a combined field without issues than it is to make it easier to separate them. The best solution obviously would be to enable the server creator to pick each car model and/or class exactly how they wish.

Shinzah
22-09-2015, 15:39
GT3 is going to become the preferred homogalation anyway, most people make the assumption.

GTE has great racing in the 'best of the best' manufacturer backed teams, but there's like...four teams.

GT3 is more cost effective for running a racing series, and as such GT3 based cars are run in literally almost every multi-class/GT/Endurance series worldwide except for ACO events, and even then ELMS has GTC.

22-09-2015, 15:57
Yeah. I can see the argument for the "purity" of the GTE class, which comes from the stricter rulebook, but still, the situation is silly, especially with all the waivers being thrown around. Though looking at the news, it seems like ACO is changing the regs for 2016, with the intention of speeding up the cars, making the rules more free (less waivers needed) etc., so it looks like I'm getting my wish of a bigger natural gap between the cars.

dodge33cymru
22-09-2015, 16:21
.....and yet both classes were at the BoP tests run in Ladoux, including 2 versions of the 488, both using near identical chassis, a GTE version of the BMW that won't be raced in Europe and two versions of the C7, both built by different tuners (GTE by Pratt & Miller, GT3 by Callaway).

Yep, not confusing at all...

Shinzah
22-09-2015, 16:22
Can't wait for the Roar, hoping the Ford GT and the new BMW show up...

Raven403
22-09-2015, 16:23
.....and yet both classes were at the BoP tests run in Ladoux, including 2 versions of the 488, both using near identical chassis, a GTE version of the BMW that won't be raced in Europe and two versions of the C7, both built by different tuners (GTE by Pratt & Miller, GT3 by Callaway).

Yep, not confusing at all...

Sigh.

Where for art thou C7

Rockgear
22-09-2015, 16:28
They should take this chance to create the GTE class. Why? Simply because there are both classes in reality. With the Aston and the M3 we got two GTE. So why not. And another reason. The GTE cars are running with the LMP1 and LMP2, not the GT3. So let us make this realistic and create the GTE class.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 16:29
They should take this chance to create the GTE class. Why? Simply because there are both classes in reality. With the Aston and the M3 we got two GTE. So why not. And another reason. The GTE cars are running with the LMP1 and LMP2, not the GT3. So let us make this realistic and create the GTE class.

I'd settle for being able to Actually run LMP1,2 and GT3 on the track in single player

Mangoat
22-09-2015, 16:36
Personally I'd see that as a waste of a good simulation. Simulation hasn't and shouldn't be just about "replicating what has been done", but also "replicating what would happen if something was done". To a large extent simulation is used to experiment with things to get an idea of what would happen in real life if things were done a certain way, it's one of the main reasons simulations exist. As long as the fictional cars and tracks are designed within the same realistic parameters that real cars and tracks are designed with, I see absolutely no problem with them, I even welcome them.

This is also why I'm such a massive supporter of racing road cars in sims, extreme weather conditions (SNOW), and just overall driving anything anywhere in any conditions. Indeed, they rarely drive open-wheel circuit race cars on snow (though it is done) and there's even less racing in those conditions, but it's entirely possible (like I've mentioned before, Bridgestone and Pirelli have made snow/ice tyres for F1 cars in the past for demonstrations), and replicating what would happen in such a situation is something I really want to see in a simulator. You can also drive an F1 car on gravel (Red Bull made a video about this when COTA was being built), and I want to be able to do that as well. Completely unmodified road cars aren't often raced on tracks (though Best MOTORing held many races with completely unmodified road cars, and they're not the only ones) because it's dangerous, and that's exactly why simulation is the best avenue for actually doing it.

Heck, I'd even welcome a "submarine race on the moon" assuming it's done realistically: They wouldn't move anywhere. In the same way I'd expect that if I took an LMP car with a circuit setup on a very uneven rally stage, I'd get stuck pretty soon. So yeah, for me simulation should always be about creating a realistic model of what happens when you do a thing, not just doing a thing that's already been done.

Bang on. :applause:

dodge33cymru
22-09-2015, 16:39

I agree with you 100%, but it's further exposing the lack of decent multi-class support. As mentioned previously, in an ideal world they'd be separate but could be chosen together if so desired. Doesn't look like this is going to happen any time soon though unfortunately.

dodge33cymru
22-09-2015, 16:40
Sigh.

Where for art thou C7

If you mean the GT3, I think they're going to show it at the GT Masters finalé at Hockenheim.

If you mean in PCARS, I can't help you, sorry.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 16:46
If you mean the GT3, I think they're going to show it at the GT Masters finalé at Hockenheim.

If you mean in PCARS, I can't help you, sorry.

I meant Pcars yeah. Really bummed its not/will not be in the game

FS7
22-09-2015, 16:59
I prefer real tracks, more real tracks are always welcome, but I don't mind having some fictional tracks added as well. As much as I like real tracks it's nice to have fictional tracks that aren't available in other games.

joelsantos24
22-09-2015, 17:27
Can't wait for the Roar, hoping the Ford GT and the new BMW show up...
You mean the (new) BMW M6 GT3? I'd love that.

Agreed. However, two cars don't really make a league/series, in my opinion. I suppose it's better than having just the one (or none), but still...

I prefer real tracks, more real tracks are always welcome, but I don't mind having some fictional tracks added as well. As much as I like real tracks it's nice to have fictional tracks that aren't available in other games.
Yes, fictional tracks are interesting. I love most of GT's original tracks, they're actually amazing and also beautifully located. But with all due respect, and considering the results of the track poll around here, I prefer to have original tracks than having the Isle of Man or Interlagos. And provided we cannot really get COTA, Istambul, Fuji or Suzuka, that is. By the way, cannot believe the number of votes these amazing tracks had, quite disappointing.

dodge33cymru
22-09-2015, 17:33
You mean the (new) BMW M6 GT3? I'd love that.

The GTLM/GTE version should debut there too.

joelsantos24
22-09-2015, 17:44
The GTLM/GTE version should debut there too.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/bmw-pursuing-gtlm-homologation-of-m6-gt3/

Cheesenium
22-09-2015, 17:47
Yeah. I can see the argument for the "purity" of the GTE class, which comes from the stricter rulebook, but still, the situation is silly, especially with all the waivers being thrown around. Though looking at the news, it seems like ACO is changing the regs for 2016, with the intention of speeding up the cars, making the rules more free (less waivers needed) etc., so it looks like I'm getting my wish of a bigger natural gap between the cars.

Do correct me if I'm wrong. There is also another reason why I prefer to separate GTE and GT3 in Pcars. The current iteration of the engine had the 10 cars limit where you cannot have more than 10 different models on the grid due to 32 bit OS.

We are hitting the 10th car with Vantage GTE which also mean that, we might not get additional cars unless SMS fix this limitation, add codes to overcome the issue or move the GTEs to another class.

Seriously, I really won't mind seeing a speed up and less waiver version of GTE in Pcars, based on the 2016 rules provided it is possible to be done some time down the line. Along with other GTE and GT3 cars, if SMS had licensed more cars.

Raven403
22-09-2015, 17:54
Do correct me if I'm wrong. There is also another reason why I prefer to separate GTE and GT3 in Pcars. The current iteration of the engine had the 10 cars limit where you cannot have more than 10 different models on the grid due to 32 bit OS.

We are hitting the 10th car with Vantage GTE which also mean that, we might not get additional cars unless SMS fix this limitation, add codes to overcome the issue or move the GTEs to another class.

Seriously, I really won't mind seeing a speed up and less waiver version of GTE in Pcars, based on the 2016 rules provided it is possible to be done some time down the line. Along with other GTE and GT3 cars, if SMS had licensed more cars.

I haven't seen anything to suggest they'd get additional licenses for GT3 or GTE cars for Pcars1. Is that a possibility

Plato99
22-09-2015, 18:30
Spa original please. Like the screen shots and videos we were tempted with way back when.

22-09-2015, 19:49
They should take this chance to create the GTE class. Why? Simply because there are both classes in reality. With the Aston and the M3 we got two GTE. So why not. And another reason. The GTE cars are running with the LMP1 and LMP2, not the GT3. So let us make this realistic and create the GTE class.Making the GTE a separate class wouldn't make it any easier for you to run with LMP1 and LMP2 cars than it is now, you'd have to use the Any class anyway and get all the potential for troublemaking that it entails, but it'd make running GTE & GT3 mixed races significantly more difficult because you couldn't trust people to only pick from those two classes. The only thing it'd make any easier would be forcing people to only use GT3 or only GTE.

Seriously, I really won't mind seeing a speed up and less waiver version of GTE in Pcars, based on the 2016 rules provided it is possible to be done some time down the line. Along with other GTE and GT3 cars, if SMS had licensed more cars.That is pretty much the only point I can agree with for separating the two classes currently (like I've said I'd rather have them in the same class for as long as our only option for mixing classes is the "Any" option). With the Aston we get up to 10 different cars in the class currently, so it's not really important for it yet, but after that it would indeed become an issue.

Cheesenium
23-09-2015, 02:22
I haven't seen anything to suggest they'd get additional licenses for GT3 or GTE cars for Pcars1. Is that a possibility

Difficult to say, we do not know what other license or cars SMS is working on. We might or might not get new GT3s.

That is pretty much the only point I can agree with for separating the two classes currently (like I've said I'd rather have them in the same class for as long as our only option for mixing classes is the "Any" option). With the Aston we get up to 10 different cars in the class currently, so it's not really important for it yet, but after that it would indeed become an issue.

At least for me, I felt more comfortable to see them separated as they rarely race with each other. I am aware that they are similar in performance.

Still, I think SMS changed something with Bentley recently where sometimes, the car would not spawn in a GT3 race, despite there are 30 slots for AI to pick. I guess, there are codes to support more than 10 cars so that we dont run into that issue if we do get more cars in a crowded class in the future where the game will randomly pick 10 cars.

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 02:24
It's probably more due to the random seed having access to larger pools of liveries in the car selection for the events.

SUBGTRACER
23-09-2015, 02:25
GT5 and 6 had some pretty exceptional fictional road courses ........ I't can be done well .

fictional cars , no thank you .

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 02:29
GT5 and 6 had some pretty exceptional fictional road courses ........ I't can be done well .

This is your opinion.

I can't live without my precious RWDs.

Cheesenium
23-09-2015, 03:01
It's probably more due to the random seed having access to larger pools of liveries in the car selection for the events.

Partly, yes, it used to spawn all cars almost equally but after Patch 2.0, it seemed like the seed also has control on number of cars. For example, I never seen more than 2 Bentleys on the field now and there are quite high chances to see no Bentleys on the grid. I always run 30 cars races which is odd to see no Bentleys.

I think they have some sort of codes to control what car spawns in races to bypass the limitation.

I hope you are not driving a Marek, RWD, Caper, go karts and the Ruf GT3 then.

If the fictional cars are done authentically, I do not mind as SMS had did a good job with them so far.

I would still prefer licensed cars but if fictional cars are used to overcome licensing issues, I do not mind. We will never get an officially licensed Porsche GT3 nor we have much LMP1s and LMP2s(at least a couple of years back) to choose from, fictional cars are great to fix these issues.

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 03:10
Partly, yes, it used to spawn all cars almost equally but after Patch 2.0, it seemed like the seed also has control on number of cars. For example, I never seen more than 2 Bentleys on the field now and there are quite high chances to see no Bentleys on the grid. I always run 30 cars races which is odd to see no Bentleys.

I think they have some sort of codes to control what car spawns in races to bypass the limitation.

I know what you're saying. There's only 4 Bentley liveries though, so you'd never see more than 4 in a 30 car grid. (Unless they start duplicating.)

To be totally pedantic, since two of the liveries are the same team and the other two are from different series, you should probably only ever see a maximum of 2 (or a guarantee of 2) it does seem strange to have NO Bentleys in a 30 car grid, though.

Cheesenium
23-09-2015, 03:23
I know what you're saying. There's only 4 Bentley liveries though, so you'd never see more than 4 in a 30 car grid. (Unless they start duplicating.)

To be totally pedantic, since two of the liveries are the same team and the other two are from different series, you should probably only ever see a maximum of 2 (or a guarantee of 2) it does seem strange to have NO Bentleys in a 30 car grid, though.

It used to be the game will spawn unrestricted amount of Bentleys and you get Bentleys in every race. I think in Patch 2.0 or 2.0 changed something where you only see it occasionally. This could be a bug or it might be some sort of feature to bypass the 10 cars limit.

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 03:26
It used to be the game will spawn unrestricted amount of Bentleys and you get Bentleys in every race. I think in Patch 2.0 or 2.0 changed something where you only see it occasionally. This could be a bug or it might be some sort of feature to bypass the 10 cars limit.

It could be that a couple more cars on the grid are making room for the Aston GTE and are placeholding for that, but I doubt it.

Cheesenium
23-09-2015, 03:41
It could be that a couple more cars on the grid are making room for the Aston GTE and are placeholding for that, but I doubt it.

Aston GTE is the 10th car. The game had no problems in spawning every GT3 on the grid unless we get another car for that class.

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 04:07
Aston GTE is the 10th car. The game had no problems in spawning every GT3 on the grid unless we get another car for that class.

It'd make sense if this was a feature, to start implementing now as either a "just in case" or in preparation for the future, though.

hkraft300
23-09-2015, 04:42
I was against fictional cars, until I saw the P30 and 339H. If the 919 or TS040 were brought, reckon I'd still drive the RWD because... Well, it's just better looking.
Reality is I'll be driving the Lola Aston instead ;)

m355y
23-09-2015, 07:02
I think the RWD and Marek do a pretty perfect job of replacing the Porsche and Toyota in WEC type races at the moment - the TS040 is definitely on its way though, isn't it? The 919 I'm not sure is on the horizon in any racing sim at the moment.

Invincible
23-09-2015, 07:11
The 919 I'm not sure is on the horizon in any racing sim at the moment.

Probably not due to licensing issues. *cough* EA *cough*

pollinho123
23-09-2015, 07:27
Does EA have an exclusive Porsche License? That's a shame, because they won't ever use more than the 911 series and the 918...
Would love to play around with the 919 and a licensed real world opponent to the R18 would be amazing to have in pCars

2stains
23-09-2015, 08:01
All this talk ,does anyone know when it is being released now the patch is out on all formats? Lets just see if people buy it ! I will.

dodge33cymru
23-09-2015, 08:04
Does EA have an exclusive Porsche License? That's a shame, because they won't ever use more than the 911 series and the 918...
Would love to play around with the 919 and a licensed real world opponent to the R18 would be amazing to have in pCars

The current P1 and GTE cars are both in Real Racing. Unfortunately, I think the 'Real' in the title is intended ironically.

hkraft300
23-09-2015, 08:14

2009 Lola Aston Martin B09/60 LMP1 is on its way, good match for the R18 TDi.
2013/14 TS040 too I think, which will run with the hybrid LMP1.

Soon enough we won't be lacking in choice for that spec.

How's about the Aston DBR9 for the GT1 class? I threw this, the CLK and Long Tail in the request thread back in May sometime - 2/3 from a Wishlist ain't bad ;)

pollinho123
23-09-2015, 08:25
I totally forgot about real racing, I just can't take mobile gaming seriously when it tries to take an realistic approach. I mean the hardware evolves rapidly but touch controls are just a nightmare when there's more needed than tapping on a screen.
What a shame these cars are wasted on a mobile game :/

dodge33cymru
23-09-2015, 08:27
2009 Lola Aston Martin B09/60 LMP1 is on its way, good match for the R18 TDi.
2013/14 TS040 too I think, which will run with the hybrid LMP1.

Soon enough we won't be lacking in choice for that spec.

How's about the Aston DBR9 for the GT1 class? I threw this, the CLK and Long Tail in the request thread back in May sometime - 2/3 from a Wishlist ain't bad ;)

Toyota would be great, but the 2009 Aston is hardly a good match for the 2014 Audi IMO, it's built to a massively different ruleset.

Cheesenium
23-09-2015, 08:40

DBR9 is a bit too new for the GT1s in the game. More appropriate car to go with them would be Toyota GT One and also Nissan R390K.

hkraft300
23-09-2015, 08:42
Ye... I know... It's why I said it's a good match for the 2011 R18 TDi
BUT, it does have 650HP of V12 beastness. Reckon with a bit of a tickle it'll give the ETron P30 and Marek a good run too.

Say... Why aren't we getting more LMP2... Awesome cars that get little love!

Edit: would the DBR9 leave the other 2 in the dust, though? Right now the Long Tail has it all over the CLK. I wonder if they're both original spec, as in not changed like the M3 GT is BoP for GT3...

Invincible
23-09-2015, 08:44
DBR9 is a bit too new for the GT1s in the game. More appropriate car to go with them would be Toyota GT One and also Nissan R390K.

Or the Panoz GT1, and the Porsche 911 GT1 (this one won't happen sadly... Would be a great addition to the GT1 field)

Cheesenium
23-09-2015, 09:24
Say... Why aren't we getting more LMP2... Awesome cars that get little love!

Because when the game was still in development, there was pretty much only Oreca developing LMP2s while it was a license that SMS needed to get other LMPs.

Ligier and a couple other manufacturers havent started to manufacture much LMP2 cars back in2-3 years back. We dont even have Oreca 05.

Edit: would the DBR9 leave the other 2 in the dust, though? Right now the Long Tail has it all over the CLK. I wonder if they're both original spec, as in not changed like the M3 GT is BoP for GT3...

DBR9 will destroy both GT1 we had in the game. The matching are are pretty much Panoz, Nissan R390, Toyota GT One and also Porsche GT1.

Or the Panoz GT1, and the Porsche 911 GT1 (this one won't happen sadly... Would be a great addition to the GT1 field)

Ah, Panoz GT1, thats a car that I do really want in this game.

There are quite a few other GT1s such as Lister Storm, Jaguar XJ220(never raced though) and even an Lotus Elise GT1 with Viper V10.

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 09:46
Probably not due to licensing issues. *cough* EA *cough*

Word is, this (infamous) exclusive deal is expiring next year, and Porsche doesn't seem open to another exclusive. This was even approached by Yamauchi from GT, and if it's true, it's good news for us all Porsche enthusiasts (https://www.gtplanet.net/porsches-exclusive-contract-with-ea-reportedly-set-to-expire-in-2016/).

This is your opinion.

I can't live without my precious RWDs.
I really love the RWD's as well. To whomever was responsible for the design, my congratulations! :cool:

CoTiNhO
23-09-2015, 09:53
People laughts when hear about you can spend 500$ in cars or tracks in iRacing, but at the moment and only 3 months after, if you bougth all the dlcs, it's 100€. In 1 year, will be near to the 200€ for a game where probably will never have a good online excluding your friends lobbies or championships. Will se until Pcars2, how much you could spend if you want all the content. And if you compares iRacing cost vs Pcars+contents and Pcars2 and the future contents, probably Pcars in 4 years, you will spent more money in Pcars than iRacing with a worst conditions of online races.

And Im a Pcars player, but each DLC makes me angry thinking this.

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 10:07
I find it interesting (just interesting, not funny or stupid) that some people value the idea of driving on a virtual rendition of an existing track so highly. For me, if the track is done convincingly, I don't care if it's real or not. Furthermore, I'd rather drive on an interesting fictional track than on a boring real track (Sakitto and Suzuka, I'm looking at you). I loved the fictional ISI track in rFactor (forgot the name). The original Test Track had some great raceable sub-tracks. I'll take those any day over a boring real Spa, for example.

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 10:32
Suzuka and Spa are boring? :dejection:

Bealdor
23-09-2015, 10:33

For some people they are. ;)

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 10:37
For me personally they are, from a layout perspective. But anyway on a relative scale I find Sakitto much more fun to drive than Suzuka, I'm not bothered in the slightest that it's not a real venue. That was my main point.

NemethR
23-09-2015, 10:37
I find it interesting (just interesting, not funny or stupid) that some people value the idea of driving on a virtual rendition of an existing track so highly. For me, if the track is done convincingly, I don't care if it's real or not. Furthermore, I'd rather drive on an interesting fictional track than on a boring real track (Sakitto and Suzuka, I'm looking at you). I loved the fictional ISI track in rFactor (forgot the name). The original Test Track had some great raceable sub-tracks. I'll take those any day over a boring real Spa, for example.

For me, its the immersion.

When I drive,Spa, I remeber all the racing that has been there, I remember the Nissan sliding out in that corner, or The rain race, where they all went straight at the end of Kemmel, I remember the crashes that happened in the Bus Stop....
When I drive Imola, every time, every lap I remember the accident, where Senna died, the overtakes that happened in Aqua-minerale...
When I drive Laguna Seca, I remember how back then the GT1 cars tackled the Corkscrew,all the pile us in the first corner, how Pumpelly cruised from the corkscrew leading, without fuel, just to stop 30 meters before the finish
When I drive Donington every time I remember the great overtake of Matt Neal, or how Plato wrecked the car in the last corner, I remember Biela in the wet race...
When I drive Silverstone, I remember the mighty battle this year in the WEC, I remember Winkelhock driving his BMW to victory, the battle between Prost, Schumacher, and Senna.
When I drive Road America, I remember the incidents, where someone lost it at the kink, Te outbraking manouvers at the hairpin.
When I drive Brno, I remember the first Victory of Alessandro Zanardi in the WTCC (after his accident)

Yet... when I drive a fictional track... there is nothing, its empty.

Cheesenium
23-09-2015, 10:38

I backed Reiza crowd funding, it was extremely disappointing when people start choosing boring tracks like Spa, Monza, Silverstone and so on when the developers had a poll on what tracks do you want to see in the game. I do not want to drive less known South American machines on Spa where I rather they went with another less known South American track that will add more to the game than god damn Spa again. I had seen Spa in so many games which some time, I just like to see something else instead. Suzuka, I never liked the track to begin with. If I had a choice, I'll pick Okayoma or Fuji Speedway over Suzuka.

I played R3E for almost 100 hours. Despite they did not have Spa, Imola, Road America, Silverstone, and most popular tracks, I didnt even miss those tracks as the less known tracks they picked, like Macau, Shanghai International Circuit, Mid Ohio, Paul Ricard, Slokiaring, Sahsenring and so on are great tracks to race on.

Dont get me wrong, they are great tracks but after seeing the same track in so many games, I do appreciate to see some lesser known tracks in the game. There are plenty of tracks in the world, why confine yourself to that few famous tracks?

I just want tracks with good layout that is fun to race, regardless it is fictional or licensed tracks.

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 10:39
For me, its the immersion.

When I drive,Spa, I remeber all the racing that has been there, I remember the Nissan sliding out in that corner, or The rain race, where they all went straight at the end of Kemmel, I remember the crashes that happened in the Bus Stop....
When I drive Imola, every time, every lap I remember the accident, where Senna died, the overtakes that happened in Aqua-minerale...
When I drive Laguna Seca, I remember how back then the GT1 cars tackled the Corkscrew,all the pile us in the first corner, how Pumpelly cruised from the corkscrew leading, without fuel, just to stop 30 meters before the finish
When I drive Donington every time I remember the great overtake of Matt Neal, or how Plato wrecked the car in the last corner, I remember Biela in the wet race...
When I drive Silverstone, I remember the mighty battle this year in the WEC, I remember Winkelhock driving his BMW to victory...
When I drive Road America, I remember the incidents, where someone lost it at the kink, Te outbraking manouvers at the hairpin.
When I drive Brno, I remember the first Victory of Alessandro Zanardi in the WTCC (after his accident)

Yet... when I drive a fictional track... there is nothing, its empty.
Clear and interesting description, thanks.

Our brains work differently, obviously. When I'm racing virtually, I have absolutely no time thinking about anything else than keeping my car on the track and trying to get to the front of the grid :)

pollinho123
23-09-2015, 10:46
I think it's the mix that makes things interesting and I enjoy both, fictional and real tracks. I think it's always fun to race a track that you somehow know due to real races and you can recreate the stuff that happens IRL (surely not perfectly, but somewhat close). A bonus of real tracks is also that almost every real tracks has quirks that you propably wouldn't find on a fictional track (like the carousel on the Nordschleife, weird curve combinations due to real world restrictions, etc.) Often it are those imperfections that make a track unique and mastering them is one aspect of the fun, at least for me.
Sure, there are also these nearly perfectly planned new racetracks like Dubai, Yas Marina that could be substituted by a fictional generic course, but I don't think that we would see curves like the Eau Rouge on Spa or the corkscrew on Laguna Seca in an entirely fictional track if the real ones wouldn't exist to be used as an prototype or model.
That doesn't mean that fictional tracks are boring or shouldn't be in the game and I do in fact really enjoy Azure Coast and California Highway in the game since they are quite a contrast to the "usual" racetracks and I'm fine with SMS putting out an entirely fictional Test Track ( I indeed look forward to that!). But for me that doesn't substitute the real tracks. I like the mix and especially in the case of the RWDs and Mareks in the game I'm really happy with the Choices that SMS did.

23-09-2015, 11:02
Really don't understand how people can find Suzuka's layout somehow bad, along with Nürburgring and Imola it's the only F1 track I find myself playing for fun (and not just because it's required in a season or something), and it's a much more engaging drive for me than either of those. =/

Not saying Sakitto is bad, I like it a lot, but Suzuka is an amazing track, easily in my top-3 circuits of all time, mainly because it's so technical, yet retains a great flow.

EDIT: Not in my "top-3 tracks in games of all time" though, I love my mountain passes too much for any circuit apart from Nords ever entering that list. =)

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 11:19
Really don't understand how people can find Suzuka's layout somehow bad, along with Nürburgring and Imola it's the only F1 track I find myself playing for fun (and not just because it's required in a season or something), and it's a much more engaging drive for me than either of those. =/

Not saying Sakitto is bad, I like it a lot, but Suzuka is an amazing track, easily in my top-3 circuits of all time, mainly because it's so technical, yet retains a great flow.

EDIT: Not in my "top-3 tracks in games of all time" though, I love my mountain passes too much for any circuit apart from Nords ever entering that list. =)
IMO from a racing perspective, Suzuka is a poor track because when driving it correctly, there's hardly any 'play room' to set up overtakes and battle for position. It's mainly the S/F straight that you can use for overtaking.

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 11:44
IMO from a racing perspective, Suzuka is a poor track because when driving it correctly, there's hardly any 'play room' to set up overtakes and battle for position. It's mainly the S/F straight that you can use for overtaking.

If you just race on East and know the various lines through the esses, you can do some interesting stuff though. I like Suzuka in general, but you're not wrong. The Degners, Spoon, Hairpin and 130R are very much single line optimum corners.

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 12:35
For me personally they are, from a layout perspective. But anyway on a relative scale I find Sakitto much more fun to drive than Suzuka, I'm not bothered in the slightest that it's not a real venue. That was my main point.
That's ok, I just felt confounded because it was the very first time I ever heard about these two legendary being boring. I honestly prefer Spa to Suzuka, but they both have significant variability in the layout, slow turns, fast turns, and really fast, thrilling sequences that push the cars to their limits. As far as original tracks are concerned, I have no problem with them. I love GT's original tracks, and in many ways, they're more thrilling and beautifully located than many real tracks.

I backed Reiza crowd funding, it was extremely disappointing when people start choosing boring tracks like Spa, Monza, Silverstone and so on when the developers had a poll on what tracks do you want to see in the game. I do not want to drive less known South American machines on Spa where I rather they went with another less known South American track that will add more to the game than god damn Spa again. I had seen Spa in so many games which some time, I just like to see something else instead. Suzuka, I never liked the track to begin with. If I had a choice, I'll pick Okayoma or Fuji Speedway over Suzuka.

I played R3E for almost 100 hours. Despite they did not have Spa, Imola, Road America, Silverstone, and most popular tracks, I didnt even miss those tracks as the less known tracks they picked, like Macau, Shanghai International Circuit, Mid Ohio, Paul Ricard, Slokiaring, Sahsenring and so on are great tracks to race on.

Dont get me wrong, they are great tracks but after seeing the same track in so many games, I do appreciate to see some lesser known tracks in the game. There are plenty of tracks in the world, why confine yourself to that few famous tracks?

I just want tracks with good layout that is fun to race, regardless it is fictional or licensed tracks.
I'm sorry, but I just cannot understand how, with tracks such as COTA, Sepang, Fuji, Istambul and Valencia out there, most fans here converged on Isle of Man or Zandvoort. This poll on the forums just broke my hopes for the future of Project CARS, regarding future tracks, that is.

Raven403
23-09-2015, 12:37
I'm sorry, but I just cannot understand how, with tracks such as COTA, Sepang, Fuji, Istambul and Valencia out there, most fans here converged on Isle of Man or Zandvoort. This poll on the forums just broke my hopes for the future of Project CARS, regarding future tracks, that is.

Thank God im not alone in this. I really dont understand it, AT ALL. A TT track? that you cant use for racing, instead of COTA or Limerock or Zandvoort or Moscow or idk ANY OTHER TRACK besides a narrow point to point track......

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 12:59
Thank God im not alone in this. I really dont understand it, AT ALL. A TT track? that you cant use for racing, instead of COTA or Limerock or Zandvoort or Moscow or idk ANY OTHER TRACK besides a narrow point to point track......
Well, yes, it's beyond belief, that's for sure. I think we have enough underground tracks as it is, so we desperately need more high profiled venues, such as COTA and Sepang. Moreover, Valencia, one of the most thrilling and beautiful tracks worldwide, didn't even make the poll. Go figure.

23-09-2015, 13:00

If you just race on East and know the various lines through the esses, you can do some interesting stuff though. I like Suzuka in general, but you're not wrong. The Degners, Spoon, Hairpin and 130R are very much single line optimum corners.Really? Huh, that's very different from my experience, most of my overtakes have always taken place in the S-curves and Spoon. =/

Raven403
23-09-2015, 13:02
Well, yes, it's beyond belief, that's for sure. I think we have enough underground tracks as it is, so we desperately need more high profiled venues, such as COTA and Sepang. Moreover, Valencia, one of the most thrilling and beautiful tracks worldwide, didn't even make the poll. Go figure.

Agreed. Hard to argue with that. Redbull Ring, COTA gotta be at the top of the list and Valencia is a strange omission

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 13:05
Really? Huh, that's very different from my experience, most of my overtakes have always taken place in the S-curves and Spoon. =/
Maybe the track is too technical and your opponents consistently messed up in those corners? :D

balderz002
23-09-2015, 13:08

Isle of Man track isnt P2P you know.................. it has a start/finish and pits and everything! :p

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 13:09
Agreed. Hard to argue with that. Redbull Ring, COTA gotta be at the top of the list and Valencia is a strange omission
The Redbull Ring is awesome, I'd love to see it in the game.

Invincible
23-09-2015, 13:13
Redbull Ring, COTA gotta be at the top of the list and Valencia is a strange omission

That is highly subjective. I, for example don't like Red Bull Ring or COTA at all. But I wouldn't say no to a 90's version of Fuji.

cluck
23-09-2015, 13:14
EDIT : It appears I was ninja'd by balderz :D.

Thank God im not alone in this. I really dont understand it, AT ALL. A TT track? that you cant use for racing, instead of COTA or Limerock or Zandvoort or Moscow or idk ANY OTHER TRACK besides a narrow point to point track......Worth noting that the Isle of Man TT track is a circuit, not a point-to-point track. Yes, it's narrow (it's run on real roads, a large part of its appeal to many) but lots of people want it. Is it going to be any good to race on with cars? No idea but I wouldn't mind having a go if it ever appears in pCARS :).

hkraft300
23-09-2015, 13:15
PCars can do things differently from other racers. I know my way around Suzuka/Sakitto, Monaco spa etc... But I'm glad some tracks I've never driven in a game before, like Ruapuna, Zolder, Zhuhai, Oulton, Snetterton, Watkins Glen (though I did a few laps of it in rFactor)...
I want real tracks so I get to experience what real race drivers experience on those tracks. If SMS can bring us more real tracks it'll be great. I'll certainly vote with my wallet.
As for fictional - completely or inspired (like Sakitto) - add to different conditions to drive, test, gain experience and improve my skills. especially when it's built to pCars level of realism.

Raven403
23-09-2015, 13:16

Worth noting that the Isle of Man TT track is a circuit, not a point-to-point track. Yes, it's narrow (it's run on real roads, a large part of its appeal to many) but lots of people want it. Is it going to be any good to race on with cars? No idea but I wouldn't mind having a go if it ever appears in pCARS :).

Yup that's my fault. Not sure why I've been operating under that assumption, Probably because a google search shows nothing but road bikes doing what looks like P2P stuff. But still, Apologies. Still want COTA over a 37 mile long Road bike course. But i guess alot of people want it

Raven403
23-09-2015, 13:18
That is highly subjective. I, for example don't like Red Bull Ring or COTA at all. But I wouldn't say no to a 90's version of Fuji.

Everything is subjective, my feelings on it are that more big name marquee tracks will draw even more people to the game, and allow more people to enjoy them outside of F1 2015

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 13:22

Worth noting that the Isle of Man TT track is a circuit, not a point-to-point track. Yes, it's narrow (it's run on real roads, a large part of its appeal to many) but lots of people want it. Is it going to be any good to race on with cars? No idea but I wouldn't mind having a go if it ever appears in pCARS :).
This, I just cannot fathom how this can actually happen... Going for the Isle of Man track above venues like Valencia and Sepang? I don't even know what to say to that, let alone assimilate the fact that it was actually one of the most voted. I'm still in shock.

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 13:23
This, I just cannot fathom how this can actually happen... Going for the Isle of Man track above venues like Valencia and Sepang? I don't even know what to say to that, let alone assimilate the fact that it was actually one of the most voted. I'm still in shock.
How many people voted in total? Organizing some group 'attack' or other tricks can also skew an online poll.

Raven403
23-09-2015, 13:24
How many people voted in total? Organizing some group 'attack' or other tricks can also skew an online poll.

Also if we were allowed more than 1 damn vote I think it wouldve made a difference

dodge33cymru
23-09-2015, 13:27

You're not suggesting those Interlagos votes that arrived in their hundreds in a single week were from some sort of online campaign...., surely? SURELY NOT???

:PP

However, let's leave the TT quarrel (and the discussion on how awful COTA is) in the other thread.

In summary, I'm fine with fictional tracks provided they feel realistic and not like a crazy idea in someone's head. Toban and Mills in rFactor were great examples of a realistic track and atmosphere, the likes of Grand Valley and Trial Mountain in Gran Turismo were not (unrealistic layouts, features, spectator levels, emergency vehicles placement etc). In my opinion, of course.

Plato99
23-09-2015, 13:59
For some people they are. ;)

If you find the original Spa boring then you're not driving it fast enough.
Ask Jackie Stewart.

Bealdor
23-09-2015, 14:01
Ask Jackie Stewart.

Well, boring might be the wrong term for my Spa-Francorchamps experience. Let's just call it tedious. ;)
I literally hate every corner apart from Eau Rouge on this track.

balderz002
23-09-2015, 14:04
There are lots of tracks I would rather see over the TT course. Primarily as the TT course is famous for bikes. I think there have only been 2 cars go round it in anger over the past 30+ years. (Although, if youve not already seen it, its worth watching the record lap by that rally driver in a Subaru).

People want to emulate their heroes, by driving their heroes cars, round the tracks that made them famous. This is for me, the reason. I know original tracks can be great, and I will take what SMS give me.

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 14:21
Really? Huh, that's very different from my experience, most of my overtakes have always taken place in the S-curves and Spoon. =/

Well my post really says the Esses have multiple lines making overtaking very feasible.

But don't be silly you crazy Finn. You outbrake anyone regardless :P

Well, boring might be the wrong term for my Spa-Francorchamps experience. Let's just call it tedious. ;)
I literally hate every corner apart from Eau Rouge on this track.

I AM NOT ALONE. I LOVE YOU.

https://media.giphy.com/media/SEL6svpIHZFug/giphy.gif

dr_Primus
23-09-2015, 14:24
I'm all in for fictional tracks. Let the developers' imagination go wild, perhaps add some details such as waterfalls, sections that drive through forests with falling leaves etc...

Some of the stuff guys at SMS, PD and T10 did is much much better than real life bore-o-dromes created by H Tilke or tracks such as Snetterton (yawn) and Donington (I can see the obvious UK centric nature of the game).

Just imagine tracks such as Fujimi Kaido, Grand Valley, Maple Valley, Costa di Amalfi, Circuito de la Sierra and Bannochbrae (coming soon!) with pCARS physics and time/weather transitions.

Raven403
23-09-2015, 14:32
I'm all in for fictional tracks. Let the developers' imagination go wild, perhaps add some details such as waterfalls, sections that drive through forests with falling leaves etc...

Some of the stuff guys at SMS, PD and T10 did is much much better than real life bore-o-dromes created by H Tilke or tracks such as Snetterton (yawn) and Donington (I can see the obvious UK centric nature of the game).

Just imagine tracks such as Fujimi Kaido, Grand Valley, Maple Valley, Costa di Amalfi, Circuito de la Sierra and Bannochbrae (coming soon!) with pCARS physics and time/weather transitions.

Great point. Loved Grand Valley and Maple valley

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 14:36
Ask Jackie Stewart.

Tell that to my Ford Focus :p

chig88
23-09-2015, 14:38

Must admit I'm really looking forward to Bannochbrae (I'll trust you on the spelling haha) - it looks excellent. Does anyone know if it's a point-to-point or a full track?

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 14:39
It's okay Remco's Ford Focus. You do the best you can ;-;
https://media.giphy.com/media/uw3fTCTNMbXAk/giphy.gif

IJerichoI
23-09-2015, 14:45
Great point. Loved Grand Valley and Maple valley

Yes, some tracks like Grand Valley, Trail Mountain or Deep Forest would really be cool. Sakitto is the first step :)

IJerichoI
23-09-2015, 14:47
Must admit I'm really looking forward to Bannochbrae (I'll trust you on the spelling haha) - it looks excellent. Does anyone know if it's a point-to-point or a full track?

Most likely a circuit with multiple layouts. That's what it was during development.

But you'll have stone walls, loch's, castles....should feel like an old NFS4 track maybe. Or anyone remember Loch Rannoch from Toca2?

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 14:51
Most likely a circuit with multiple layouts. That's what it was during development.

But you'll have stone walls, loch's, castles....should feel like an old NFS4 track maybe. Or anyone remember Loch Rannoch from Toca2?

I know both tracks you're thinking of right now. And I am having warm fuzzy nostalgic feelings.

chig88
23-09-2015, 14:57

Sweet - thanks for the confirmation.

Very, very hazily remember the track from Toca 2 - could definitely do with a reminder any time soon.

Hint, hint SMS :).

23-09-2015, 16:04
Maybe the track is too technical and your opponents consistently messed up in those corners? :DCould be partly, and as you know I like my cars hard on cornering but low on power, but some of those guys were among the fastest people on WMD, and there's also the fact that you don't need to drive on the fastest line through a corner to overtake someone. You just gotta make sure the other guy's line is slower than yours. =)

The S-curves especially are a great place for setting up trouble for other people. =)

23-09-2015, 16:06
Well my post really says the Esses have multiple lines making overtaking very feasible.Indeed, especially if what you're concerned with isn't being as fast as possible through the whole complex, just as fast as possible into a certain position within the complex. There are some great ways to "mess up" the complex while being momentarily quicker than anyone else, and once you're there they're stuck behind you. =)

FS7
23-09-2015, 17:14
Personally I really like the Formula A/B/C and the RWD P30 LMP1.

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 17:54
Personally I really like the Formula A/B/C and the RWD P30 LMP1.
Honestly, I don't consider the Formula A/B/C cars fictional or original. They're basically created on the basis of the rules and regulations of Formula 1, GP2 (or Formula 2) and Formula 3, respectively. They just can't name it Formula 1/2/3, that's all.

dodge33cymru
23-09-2015, 18:04

I honestly wouldn't play a single one of those, none of them feel real.

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 18:19
Real? But the game isn't reality as well, that's the point, it's a game. The GT circuits such as Cape Ring, Speed Ring, Deep Forest Raceway, Grand Valley Speedway, Eiger Nordwand, Trial Mountain Circuit, Route-X, Apricot Hill Raceway, Matterhorn, Circuito de la Sierra and Mid-field Raceway are absolutely legendary. And then we even got urban circuits created in the middle of accurate representations of famous cities, like Rome, Madrid, London and Tokio. Real circuits are important, and the more, the better. But original circuits also have their place, and they tend to be really special.

23-09-2015, 18:27
GP2 (or Formula 2) and Formula 3, respectivelyNot quite, the Formula B isn't based on GP2, it was originally based more on the Superleague Formula car (not a direct copy though). The car is heavier than a GP2 car is, and used to be way more powerful than a GP2 car, but it was detuned at one point. Formula C IIRC is sort of partway between Formula Atlantic and Indy Lights. Formula 3 would be around 100 bhp less powerful than the Formula C.

And then there's the Formula Rookie, which is based on Formula Ford. Fun little thing. =)

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 18:38
Not quite, the Formula B isn't based on GP2, it was originally based more on the Superleague Formula car (not a direct copy though). The car is heavier than a GP2 car is, and used to be way more powerful than a GP2 car, but it was detuned at one point. Formula C IIRC is sort of partway between Formula Atlantic and Indy Lights. Formula 3 would be around 100 bhp less powerful than the Formula C.

And then there's the Formula Rookie, which is based on Formula Ford. Fun little thing. =)
Thanks for the information, I admit I wasn't completely aware of these little differences. But still, they're not entirely original cars, they're based on the regulations of existing competitions and race cars. That's the way to go, in order to bypass licensing. Which was precisely what GT did with their Formula GT cars. They were completely based on the existing regulations of Formula 1, but by using a slightly more generic F1 car design.

balderz002
23-09-2015, 18:39

Amalfi at night would be great in a classic racer, like the merc 300

23-09-2015, 18:50
Thanks for the information, I admit I wasn't completely aware of these little differences. But still, they're not entirely original cars, they're based on the regulations of existing competitions and race cars. That's the way to go, in order to bypass licensing. Which was precisely what GT did with their Formula GT cars. They were completely based on the existing regulations of Formula 1, but by using a slightly more generic F1 car design.Yeah, and it's also what SMS did with the RGT-8 GT3 as well as the prototypes. I really liked that they pulled something like that, a very nice personal touch and shows how deeply integrated the community was as well. =)

I'm just (ever so slightly) sad my suggestion wasn't selected in the design competition. I envisioned a modern take on the Panoz LMP-1 Roadster-S, so a modern front-mid-engined LMP car, but still RWD unlike the Nissan effort, and taking styling cues from the Audi R15. I did well in the voting, but Marek and Ryno's design efforts were just far and above. =)

KkDrummer
23-09-2015, 18:52
Quick question: does this track exist in real life? and are we going to be able to race at it, or will it be a tracking test only? thanks!

23-09-2015, 18:54
Quick question: does this track exist in real life? and are we going to be able to race at it, or will it be a tracking test only? thanks!You mean the Test Track? It's a fictional track, and you should be able to race on it (seems like they're going for several layouts).

KkDrummer
23-09-2015, 19:04
You mean the Test Track? It's a fictional track, and you should be able to race on it (seems like they're going for several layouts).

oops used the wrong word lol...thanks for that, if I can race on it I will get it! =] and it is in Scotland for God's sake! =]

Bealdor
23-09-2015, 19:09
Yeah, and it's also what SMS did with the RGT-8 GT3 as well as the prototypes. I really liked that they pulled something like that, a very nice personal touch and shows how deeply integrated the community was as well. =)

I'm just (ever so slightly) sad my suggestion wasn't selected in the design competition. I envisioned a modern take on the Panoz LMP-1 Roadster-S, so a modern front-mid-engined LMP car, but still RWD unlike the Nissan effort, and taking styling cues from the Audi R15. I did well in the voting, but Marek and Ryno's design efforts were just far and above. =)

Sorry for the OT but after your post I HAD TO dig up the prototype contest thread once again. Oh the memories...
So many great designs in there.
WMD link for those of you that want to take a trip down memory lane:

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?14978-Prototype-design-contest-Submissions-%28NO-CHAT-HERE!%29

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?15259-Prototype-Design-Contest-Cast-Your-Votes-Here

/Off topic

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 19:12
How could they have chosen just two?!

23-09-2015, 19:14
oops used the wrong word lol...thanks for that, if I can race on it I will get it! =] and it is in Scotland for God's sake! =]Oh you meant Bannochbrae, that's the Scottish track, and it's not the Test Track. Test Track is located in the middle of a desert. =)

Bannochbrae is still fictional though, and you will definitely be able to race it.

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 19:23
Yeah, and it's also what SMS did with the RGT-8 GT3 as well as the prototypes. I really liked that they pulled something like that, a very nice personal touch and shows how deeply integrated the community was as well. =)

Exactly. I'd love if SMS would venture on making a RUF LMP1. We already have the Audi R18, the Toyota TS040 is coming soon, and we'd have the RUF Hybrid (replacing the Porsche 919 Hybrid). Could you post a picture of your design? Now I'm really curious... :D

Sorry for the OT but after your post I HAD TO dig up the prototype contest thread once again. Oh the memories...

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?14978-Prototype-design-contest-Submissions-%28NO-CHAT-HERE!%29

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?15259-Prototype-Design-Contest-Cast-Your-Votes-Here

/Off topic
I can't access the forums, but thanks for the links! ;)

Could you post some of the most famous/voted prototypes? I'm literally scratching the walls out of curiosity! :cool:

dodge33cymru
23-09-2015, 19:29
Real? But the game isn't reality as well, that's the point, it's a game. The GT circuits such as Cape Ring, Speed Ring, Deep Forest Raceway, Grand Valley Speedway, Eiger Nordwand, Trial Mountain Circuit, Route-X, Apricot Hill Raceway, Matterhorn, Circuito de la Sierra and Mid-field Raceway are absolutely legendary. And then we even got urban circuits created in the middle of accurate representations of famous cities, like Rome, Madrid, London and Tokio. Real circuits are important, and the more, the better. But original circuits also have their place, and they tend to be really special.

But that's not the point to me. I get that each is their own and what appeals to me doesn't appeal to everyone else (something more obvious each day on here!) but for me those circuits you've mentioned completely lose all immersion. I'm not adverse to fictional circuits by any means, and Toban and Mills from rFactor are two legends to me along with Sardian Park and Desert Speedway in SCGT and Vara in Race 07, but those all feel like they could be real club venues somewhere. They both have reasonable numbers of spectators, realistic scenery, exit and escape roads, believable road markings, 'safety' considerations and atmosphere that makes it feel like a real place. The trap most fictional tracks fall for is trying too hard to do something completely 'unique', like Grand Valley's tunnel and bridge, Trial Mountain being cut through a mountain, Deep Forest's massive canyon, Apricot Hill's weird bridge and circle area and... well, I stopped playing GT at #2 after discovering Sportscar GT.

I want to feel immersed in 'being' a racing driver. Little things can kill the immersion for me so, even if the circuit is fictional I want it to feel like it might be real. To me, something that's different because it "doesn't have to be real" will give me no enjoyment whatsoever.

NuclearPenguin
23-09-2015, 19:30
Exactly. I'd love if SMS would venture on making a RUF LMP1. We already have the Audi R18, the Toyota TS040 is coming soon, and we'd have the RUF Hybrid (replacing the Porsche 919 Hybrid). Could you post a picture of your design? Now I'm really curious... :D

Would prefer real cars but if a Porsche license will never happen I would love a RUF "Porsche 919"! My favorite looking LMP imo :)

23-09-2015, 19:32
Exactly. I'd love if SMS would venture on making a RUF LMP1. We already have the Audi R18, the Toyota TS040 is coming soon, and we'd have the RUF Hybrid (replacing the Porsche 919 Hybrid). Could you post a picture of your design? Now I'm really curious... :DHmmm, well this is one thing I have handy. I had more in-depth designs I was working on at one point, but the one I entered into the competition with was quite literally just a quick and dirty photoshop of the R15 to carry across the idea. =)

joelsantos24
23-09-2015, 19:46
But that's not the point to me. I get that each is their own and what appeals to me doesn't appeal to everyone else (something more obvious each day on here!) but for me those circuits you've mentioned completely lose all immersion. I'm not adverse to fictional circuits by any means, and Toban and Mills from rFactor are two legends to me along with Sardian Park and Desert Speedway in SCGT and Vara in Race 07, but those all feel like they could be real club venues somewhere. They both have reasonable numbers of spectators, realistic scenery, exit and escape roads, believable road markings, 'safety' considerations and atmosphere that makes it feel like a real place. The trap most fictional tracks fall for is trying too hard to do something completely 'unique', like Grand Valley's tunnel and bridge, Trial Mountain being cut through a mountain, Deep Forest's massive canyon, Apricot Hill's weird bridge and circle area and... well, I stopped playing GT at #2 after discovering Sportscar GT.

I want to feel immersed in 'being' a racing driver. Little things can kill the immersion for me so, even if the circuit is fictional I want it to feel like it might be real. To me, something that's different because it "doesn't have to be real" will give me no enjoyment whatsoever.
I understand your need for immersion. When I look at a track, however, I just search for quality and variability. Slow turns, fast turns, changes in elevation, fast sequences, slow sequences, the presence of fast and thrilling double or triple apex turns (like Istambul's famous turn 8), etc. In the end, distinction must be made clear, between reality and realism.

Would prefer real cars but if a Porsche license will never happen I would love a RUF "Porsche 919"! My favorite looking LMP imo :)
Well, that exclusive deal with EA is rumored to end next year, so you'll probably see Porsches in GT7, at least. But right now, a RUF Hybrid LMP1 would be brilliant.

Hmmm, well this is one thing I have handy. I had more in-depth designs I was working on at one point, but the one I entered into the competition with was quite literally just a quick and dirty photoshop of the R15 to carry across the idea. =)

That's a great design, congratulations! I'm just disappointed that they ended up choosing merely two prototypes (or four, considering the LMP2 versions).

chig88
23-09-2015, 19:53
Hmmm, well this is one thing I have handy. I had more in-depth designs I was working on at one point, but the one I entered into the competition with was quite literally just a quick and dirty photoshop of the R15 to carry across the idea. =)

Wow! I like. A lot.

KkDrummer
23-09-2015, 20:22
Oh you meant Bannochbrae, that's the Scottish track, and it's not the Test Track. Test Track is located in the middle of a desert. =)

Bannochbrae is still fictional though, and you will definitely be able to race it.

but which one is coming with the next dlc? you got me confused lol

FS7
23-09-2015, 20:27
but which one is coming with the next dlc? you got me confused lol
Mohave aka Test Track. Bannochbrae will come later.

Raven403
23-09-2015, 20:28

/Off topic

Such a tease to us non WMDers! I'm sure the other entries like Jussi's were awesome, shame we only got the 4

marcelo carbon
24-09-2015, 15:19
Project Cars - LOGITECH LIVERY PACK

http://store.steampowered.com/app/372900/

NemethR
24-09-2015, 15:24

http://store.steampowered.com/app/372900/

That seems interesting.
Basicly I pay to advertise Logitech?! That is some backwards logic... :D

Nah, anyway, SMS take my money!

marcelo carbon
24-09-2015, 15:27
That seems interesting.
Basicly I pay to advertise Logitech?! That is some backwards logic... :D

Nah, anyway, SMS take my money!

I believe it will be released the next dlc today or tomorrow

Raven403
24-09-2015, 15:29
I believe it will be released the next dlc today or tomorrow

Nice, hope it's on all platforms I like those liveries

marcelo carbon
24-09-2015, 15:37

surely will

NemethR
24-09-2015, 15:38

Its a DLC, I was able to purchase it, and can veryfy, the liveries are there.

See screenshot: 218903

cluck
24-09-2015, 15:41

http://store.steampowered.com/app/372900/ Guess that settles what I'm doing as soon as I get home today then :D

Do I need the liveries? No :).
Will I ever select them myself? Probably not :o.
Is it worth the money? To me, yes, it's helping support the developer and I'm in a privileged enough position to really not give a stuff about £3 :yes:.

Shinzah
24-09-2015, 15:42
Guess that settles what I'm doing as soon as I get home today then :D

Is it worth the money? To me, yes, it's helping support the developer and I'm in a privileged enough position to really not give a stuff about £3 :yes:.

I don't see any livery packs ;-;

I could probably sell some of my trading cards to afford it, if it existed ;-;

Raven403
24-09-2015, 15:44
Don't see it on the Xbox Store as yet

marcelo carbon
24-09-2015, 15:47
Don't see it on the Xbox Store as yet

xbox always last

Raven403
24-09-2015, 15:48
xbox always last

Tell me about it.

It's probably lumped in with the other DLC when the store updates

NemethR
24-09-2015, 15:50
Guess that settles what I'm doing as soon as I get home today then :D

Exactly my toughts.

If those 3.49 Euros help SMS to bring anything to this game in the future, that I would like, i am willing to invest it. :)

meck2
24-09-2015, 15:58
where can i get this stuff?

-mario

marcelo carbon
24-09-2015, 15:59
the DLC disappeared from steam :(

Shinzah
24-09-2015, 16:05
*cries*
Why must they toy with our feelings so much?!

https://media.giphy.com/media/4pk6ba2LUEMi4/giphy.gif

cluck
24-09-2015, 16:08
the DLC disappeared from steam :(http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

:(

marcelo carbon
24-09-2015, 16:10
*cries*
Why must they toy with our feelings so much?!

https://media.giphy.com/media/4pk6ba2LUEMi4/giphy.gif

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

:(

I did not understand anything, as I answered some comments ..... when I went to buy disappeared :grey:

NemethR
24-09-2015, 16:14
I did not understand anything, as I answered some comments ..... when I went to buy disappeared :grey:

Something intersting:

It is numbered 014.

So far all DLC-s were numbered in ascending order.
001 - Limited Edition
002 - Modified Car pack
003 - Racing Icons
004 - Ruapuna
005 - New vs. Old
014 - Logitech

Schnizz58
24-09-2015, 16:16
Wrong livery pack? Oops...

cluck
24-09-2015, 16:17
I guess some folks got lucky then on the timing and fair play to them. Me, I'll sit tight and count my pennies until the DLC pops up again :)

EDIT : Of course, it could be that the wrong DLC trigger was pulled and the Logitech one wasn't due for release yet (it looks like it's the same livery pack that people got free for pre-ordering the new Logitech wheels), which might explain the numbering.

marcelo carbon
24-09-2015, 16:18
Something intersting:

It is numbered 014.

So far all DLC-s were numbered in ascending order.
001 - Limited Edition
002 - Modified Car pack
003 - Racing Icons
004 - Ruapuna
005 - New vs. Old
014 - Logitech

because not bought fast :mad:

N0body Of The Goat
24-09-2015, 16:20
The question is, was the DLC meant to be the Aston pack, rather than the livery pack?

The truth is out there.;)

cluck
24-09-2015, 16:24
The question is, was the DLC meant to be the Aston pack, rather than the livery pack?

The truth is out there.;)Or it's all a conspiracy. Where's my tin foil, I need a new hat. Nurse!

NemethR
24-09-2015, 16:30

The truth is out there.;)

Actually how did you set a Time in the "Return to le mans"?!

N0body Of The Goat
24-09-2015, 16:34
Are you enjoying your new liveries? ;)

NemethR
24-09-2015, 16:45
Are you enjoying your new liveries? ;)

Aham, I see what you did there :D

Well, I don't really bother about the liveries tbh, but:

If those 3.49 Euros help SMS to bring anything to this game in the future, that I would like, i am willing to invest it. :)

So, how's the Aston? :P

Black_Gold_Saw
24-09-2015, 16:56
Aham, I see what you did there :D

Well, I don't really bother about the liveries tbh, but:

So, how's the Aston? :P

Which one?, aren't there like 3-4 new aston cars?
Is it true theres a new GT3 aston martin?

Invincible
24-09-2015, 16:59
Which one?, aren't there like 3-4 new aston cars?
Is it true theres a new GT3 aston martin?

More or less - it is a Aston Martin GTE which has been slightly tuned to match GT3 (just like the BMW M3 GT2).

Invincible
24-09-2015, 17:01
Nooooo! Too late for the mysterious Logitech "livery" DLC! :mad:

meck2
24-09-2015, 17:07
No14:Logitech Liveries sold out ? :)

Fight-Test
24-09-2015, 17:08
On ps4 yesterday there was a z4 t500 paint I had never seen before. U guys see that?

marcelo carbon
24-09-2015, 17:13
It was added sale and after about 5 minutes has been removed.

https://steamdb.info/app/372900/history/

Invincible
24-09-2015, 17:14

Seems like it. :(

I can still find it in the steam database though, but when I click on install, I get redirected to the main page instead.