PDA

View Full Version : T300rs FFB question concerning wheel centering movement.

MLT24
22-09-2015, 12:55
I am on PS4 and most FFB settings are from Jack Spades.

Try this, when driving down the track at about 45 mph, straight, slightly turn wheel to side and let go. What I get is a rocking motion when wheel is trying to center causing the car to rock back and forths in an unatural way. In a regular car that would not happen. It would return to center and straighten out very fast, hardly no rocking at all if any.

Back when I had a DFGT racing sim games, when my back wheels would let loose and I got them locked back in, I could feel it in the wheel with a strong center bite in wheel. I do not get this in Pcars with T300rs? In most real cars you can just let loose of the wheel when in a slight slide and wheel will return to center and help you get control of the car. Can't do that in PCars because of the rocking motion. If you let loose of the wheel you are in for some big trouble.

So is there any settings I can change to get the correct centering feeling of a car after a slide when back wheels regrip and the front wheels go back to straighten the car?

I feel like the FFB in the wheel is causing our cars to continue to rock back and forth when the car really shouldn't be. So the FFB is driving the car, forcing it to do things it would not naturally do instead of simulating what it should do.

I have tried several setting changes but have not found one that changes this yet.

Help please?

Fre.Mo
22-09-2015, 16:14
I was about to post a similar topic. I tryed without success to adjust relative adjust clamp and bleed but it doesn t seems to be the good parameters... If I reduce tyre force or ffb the whole sensations desappear from my T500.

Haiden
22-09-2015, 17:10
I am on PS4 and most FFB settings are from Jack Spades.

Try this, when driving down the track at about 45 mph, straight, slightly turn wheel to side and let go. What I get is a rocking motion when wheel is trying to center causing the car to rock back and forths in an unatural way. In a regular car that would not happen. It would return to center and straighten out very fast, hardly no rocking at all if any.

Back when I had a DFGT racing sim games, when my back wheels would let loose and I got them locked back in, I could feel it in the wheel with a strong center bite in wheel. I do not get this in Pcars with T300rs? In most real cars you can just let loose of the wheel when in a slight slide and wheel will return to center and help you get control of the car. Can't do that in PCars because of the rocking motion. If you let loose of the wheel you are in for some big trouble.

So is there any settings I can change to get the correct centering feeling of a car after a slide when back wheels regrip and the front wheels go back to straighten the car?

I feel like the FFB in the wheel is causing our cars to continue to rock back and forth when the car really shouldn't be. So the FFB is driving the car, forcing it to do things it would not naturally do instead of simulating what it should do.

I have tried several setting changes but have not found one that changes this yet.

Help please?

Not really sure, but I think it's your settings. I get a decent snap back when the wheels bite back after starting to step out. Are you using any deadzone removal? Too much could cause the wobble.

Also, try lowering the Low Speed Spring Saturation. Not sure the Relative Adjust Bleed would help. Set that too high, and the wheel will be mushy around center.

MLT24
22-09-2015, 19:19
Here is what I am gong to try next, but yeah to scared to lower Tire Force, dont want to loose FFB.

I got this from a friend.
"In general all FFB wheels tend to self oscillate if letting go, itīs a latency issue. Lower Tire Force and/or add base drag, in game Per Wheel Movement."

I will also try "lowering the Low Speed Spring Saturation."

Thanks!

Haiden
22-09-2015, 20:37
Here is what I am gong to try next, but yeah to scared to lower Tire Force, dont want to loose FFB.

I got this from a friend.
"In general all FFB wheels tend to self oscillate if letting go, itīs a latency issue. Lower Tire Force and/or add base drag, in game Per Wheel Movement."

I will also try "lowering the Low Speed Spring Saturation."

Thanks!

Not sure I agree with that. I don't get any oscillation on straights unless there's undulations in the track surface. Otherwise, I can let go of the wheel at high speed and the car stays straight and the wheel doesn't wobble. Now, if I hit a dip on a straight while hands off, yes...the wheel will wobble for a bit before being thrown to a full lock and spinning the car out, but that's expected. I've never made any adjustments to the Per Wheel Movement, so I can't speak to that.

MLT24
23-09-2015, 15:50
Not sure I agree with that. I don't get any oscillation on straights unless there's undulations in the track surface. Otherwise, I can let go of the wheel at high speed and the car stays straight and the wheel doesn't wobble. Now, if I hit a dip on a straight while hands off, yes...the wheel will wobble for a bit before being thrown to a full lock and spinning the car out, but that's expected. I've never made any adjustments to the Per Wheel Movement, so I can't speak to that.

Were not talking about just letting go of the wheel, as I explained above, try driving 45 mph and tilt wheel slightly to the side and let go. The wheel will oscillate back and forth forcing your car out of control. A normal car would not do this, it would self align. So my interpretation of our current FFB is, it is driving the car more instead of simulating what a car should do.

With my T300rs, Jack Spades FFB settings on Pcars, when going into a slide I am unable to feel the wheels to be able to correct, the wheel will osculate back and forth forcefully, more so than a real vehicle would. And counter steering has always been a problem. I could not feel the wheels snap back in when catching grip like I had on previous wheels and games. So I wanted to do something about it.

So last night I tried both moving the "Per Wheel Movement" and "lowering the Low Speed Spring Saturation" separately. What I found was raising "Per Wheel Movement" 5 notches up got rid of the osculating but softened the tire response when catching grip. When I tried "lowering the Low Speed Spring Saturation" it helped in lowering the power of the FFB pushing the wheel around, back and forth when tires were pushing on car when out of control. Thus I could feel the tires when releasing and catching better. So next I tried them both together and found a very nice sweet spot. Lowered the Low Speed Spring Saturation
about 25 clicks and raised Per Wheel Movement 4 clicks. Wow, it was so nice to be able to counter steer finally and feel the results as I was doing it.

I was using the very heavy stock car on Watkins Glen. I would imagine this should interpret well into all cars, will find out because these changes are globally. Heck I even finally broke 1:09 (1:08.938) barrier on Glen Short with Stockcar shortly after finding the sweet spot.

Then I came up with the idea that maybe I could up my Tire Force some more and feel the wheels shifting even more, and that worked too. Since I had the exaggeration of the Tire Forces onto the wheel (rim) under control now, I was able to move Tire Force from 80-90. At one time I was as low as 60 a while back, but needed to raise it to feel car better. That is when I knew I needed to do something else and nothing else was working. I needed the Tire Forces but they were creating a whole new problem. And before you ask, I haven't even been close to clipping my FFB, still very much from the ceiling. I do not run any center dead zones either, don't like them.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!218785