PDA

View Full Version : [SMS INVESTIGATING] Online qualifying bug

frodesa
22-09-2015, 17:37
I tried to play a multiplayer game with my brother. We use AI to fill up the grid to 16 cars. And when we skip to end of session during qualifying he ends up in second and I last (16th). This happens over and over again. Actually when we tried whithout AI he started in the grid-box for second place and I in the box for 16th even though it was only our 2 cars on the grid. When we actually did set a qualifying lap we started from the position we had qualified for. How can we solve this issue or is this a bug?

Sankyo
22-09-2015, 17:51
This is a known bug.

thepharcyde
22-09-2015, 19:02
This is another known bug.

+1 +1

frodesa
10-10-2015, 20:01
This bug has not been fixed with the latest patch. It still needs fixing. And I cant choose current as the class, just the particular hones, like GT3, or any.

Mahjik
10-10-2015, 20:45
I think this may have been confused with another issue.

Does this happen any every track or just on a certain track (the issue without the AI)?

When you are setting up this MP rooms, what are all of the settings you are using?

frodesa
10-10-2015, 23:16
I think this may have been confused with another issue.

Does this happen any every track or just on a certain track (the issue without the AI)?

When you are setting up this MP rooms, what are all of the settings you are using?

Which issue do you mean, qualification bug or the class issue?

frodesa
10-10-2015, 23:26
The relevant settings I can think of is: privacy: friends only, number of laps 5:, max number of human opponents: 1, fill with AI Yes, rolling start: no, practice: no, qualifying: 5min, warmup:no. Now that I just checked, I can use current as a class, sorry my mistake. The qualifying bug remains though.

Mahjik
11-10-2015, 01:45
When you aren't using AI, what is the total number of players set for the lobby, max players still?

frodesa
11-10-2015, 08:34
When you aren't using AI, what is the total number of players set for the lobby, max players still?

I use max number of cars 16. And max 1 human opponent.

Mahjik
11-10-2015, 16:12
Can you test using number of opponents something like 5 (with no AI) and see if you and your friend are put in the first and last spots without qualifying?

frodesa
11-10-2015, 18:11
Can you test using number of opponents something like 5 (with no AI) and see if you and your friend are put in the first and last spots without qualifying?

I tried first with max players 6 and 1 human opponent and no AI. I started in 2 place and he as number 1. But I started form the gridsbox for number 5 I think. Then I made a new game with max players 6 and 5 human opponents. But he and I where the only ones who joined (no AI). He started as number 2 and I as number 1. We had the correct gridboxes. I had qualifaction on 5 min, but skipped to the end of session. I do this so that we will end up as the last players when we use AI. Otherwise we will always start as number 1 and 2.

I made a singelplayer race and had gridsize of 16 and filled up with AI. I had 5 min of quali and skipped to the end of session and ended up last on the grid as I would expect. But this doesnt seem to work in multiplayer anymore.

Mahjik
12-10-2015, 21:04
I've removed the [KNOWN ISSUE] tag and updated the description a bit. I'm going to see if someone on the dev side can confirm the behavior (i.e. if it's an issue or expected behavior). Just a note, I said expected behavior, not desired behavior. ;)

Bruno Alexandre
14-10-2015, 18:12
Seems like the host will always get the benefits, we'll look into it. Thanks for the reports :)

frodesa
15-10-2015, 16:40
Seems like the host will always get the benefits, we'll look into it. Thanks for the reports :)

The simplest way of describing the problem is that when qualification is skipped human players should end up at the back of the grid because no qualifying time was set. Now one starts at the front of the grid. So it pays to not set a time. Now we actually want to start at the back, but if we didnt we should still not get first and second place by not setting a time. Hope you find a solution.

Stephamiel
16-10-2015, 14:33
Hello
we have similar problems in my league exept that we don't use IA
We are approximatly 30 players using a dedicated server
Gt3 class championship
We are doing 2*90minutes practices
Then 60minutes qualify but the first 15minutes is for the AM class then 5 minutes pause then 15 minutes for the pro class then we skip the rest of the session
10 minutes warmup
Since patch 4.0 we are getting ramdom grid,was working fine before
cheers

frodesa
14-11-2015, 21:19
Any news on fixing this bug from the devs. It was not fixed in patched 6 as far as I can tell.

Mahjik
15-11-2015, 14:11
Any news on fixing this bug from the devs. It was not fixed in patched 6 as far as I can tell.

Keep in mind, just because they are investigating doesn't mean it gets addressed immediately (or at all). SMS is aware of the issue and it's logged in their investigation database.

Orcajavi
08-04-2016, 06:09
five months without solution to this problem. Will this problem is fixed in Project cars or have to wait Pcars2?

Plage
08-04-2016, 08:23
What makes you think that PC2 will be handled differently than 1 when it comes to such things?

Sankyo
08-04-2016, 08:34
What makes you think that PC2 will be handled differently than 1 when it comes to such things?

Because it's a known issue now with pC2 still in development, and for pC1 it only popped up after release which is severely limiting what can be done.

cluck
08-04-2016, 08:35
What makes you think that PC2 will be handled differently than 1 when it comes to such things?What makes you think it won't?

As Mahjik already posted, just because it is logged as a known fault, it does not necessarily mean it will get fixed. Reading through this, it looks like the 'skip to end of session' in qualifying is what's causing the problem (and I realise that's probably stating the obvious), because I've not seen this occur in all the league races I've run in where we've run the qualifying session to the end - we even run a warmup session between quali and race and that is always 'skipped' after a couple of minutes, after everybody has confirmed they have control of their cars.