PDA

View Full Version : Aaaand the new exciting bug of the FLYING away car! T_T All record smashed!

azidahaka
22-09-2015, 20:15
I love this game but when such things happen i get really down...

It started with an "usual" landmine (i actually had just 3 before i upgraded to 4.0 so this made me even sadder)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsxMMvYa0EU

And then the cars flyins away in the sky at over 500km/h... :culpability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PrIXMYYsks

At least i got an achievement for this:

:D;):).....:(:culpability::acne::no:

I think this world's first...

Car was (and was is really fitting) a Z4 gt3 in career mode at brands hatch. I think by now it's past the Moon :D

I try to laugh but it's getting frustrating. Oh i forgot to mention the car was basically 100% stock beside aero, not sure it can help in any way for the bugtracking.

BlueFin175
22-09-2015, 20:43
Why was the car smoking like that before the lift off ? Looks like it is coming from under the bonnet, you sure the engine didn't let go, cease and cause that ? That's what the video appears to show me. In any case that is a pretty spectacular detonation .. heh

Makes me wonder about this land mine bug, if it is not caused by something to do with engine damage and a cease at high speed. If the car wasn't smoking like that I would agree, a land mine bug, but ... just saying .. food for thought.

Carinis
22-09-2015, 20:56
No engine seizure would cause a car to flip, that's just silly

havocc
22-09-2015, 20:58
Those things happen irl, don't know why you're complaining... :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h5twfENvgg

SUBGTRACER
22-09-2015, 20:59
Errrrr its a worry this patching is starting to get me down , you look forward to them for a month then it disappoints with things like this .....day one problem is back :(

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 20:59
Those things happen irl, don't know why you're complaining... :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h5twfENvgg

Please tell me your not being serious! A huge bug caused the crazyness in PCars compared to your video.

flymar
22-09-2015, 21:01
Why was the car smoking like that before the lift off ? Looks like it is coming from under the bonnet, you sure the engine didn't let go, cease and cause that ? That's what the video appears to show me. In any case that is a pretty spectacular detonation .. heh

Makes me wonder about this land mine bug, if it is not caused by something to do with engine damage and a cease at high speed. If the car wasn't smoking like that I would agree, a land mine bug, but ... just saying .. food for thought.I think that's the replay issue. If you start watching the replay with engine blown car is smoking even before the engine failure.

SUBGTRACER
22-09-2015, 21:09
I see that from time to time in my replays . the smoke and there is no engine failure

azidahaka
22-09-2015, 21:11

Makes me wonder about this land mine bug, if it is not caused by something to do with engine damage and a cease at high speed. If the car wasn't smoking like that I would agree, a land mine bug, but ... just saying .. food for thought.

Engine was pristine, it was the water effect from light rain going away

senn
22-09-2015, 21:16
lol this is just matching what happened a couple days ago at that exact corner.....except with a Megane. Driver is fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW3vOTB_gCg

azidahaka
22-09-2015, 21:19
lol this is just matching what happened a couple days ago at that exact corner.....except with a Megane. Driver is fine.

Oh my, well i didn't make a mistake and if you seem the second video you can see the car reaching like 400mts before i quitted >_>

SUBGTRACER
22-09-2015, 21:29
This is the type of crash and damage I want to see in the game . Holley crap !

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 21:40

My god well done to that driving sprinting to see if he's ok!

klorptar
22-09-2015, 22:44
Car was (and was is really fitting) a Z4 gt3 in career mode at brands hatch. I think by now it's past the Moon :D

Is there a contract for the Z4 in career mode?

Lawndarts
23-09-2015, 03:23
Actually, the driver lost a thumb... But otherwise the rest of him is ok.

TMoney
23-09-2015, 03:58
Just be patient the physics guys are working getting a fix out for a strange bug that changes wheel alignment/toe angles over longer periods. It could be responsible for strange dip/flip/land mine bugs from what I gather. In any case SMS are aware of these bugs which has plagued the game since the beginning. Unfortunately they are quite rare and apparently very hard to nail down for good and know 100% what's causing them.

Out of curiosity how for into the race were you? Lap number?

AdM1
23-09-2015, 04:00

The car would be smoking because the air vents are closed too much causing the engine to get too hot. He needs more airflow over the engine.

I did laugh at that being the result of engine failure though, I've never ever seen a car launch into the sky from an engine failure lol.

AdM1
23-09-2015, 04:01

I've seen that doing the rounds lately, crazy launch. Testament to the safety of modern cars though.. Wouldn't wanna do that in a Citroen AX lol!

TMoney
23-09-2015, 04:03
The car would be smoking because the air vents are closed too much causing the engine to get too hot. He needs more airflow over the engine.

I did laugh at that being the result of engine failure though, I've never ever seen a car launch into the sky from an engine failure lol.

As Flymar mentioned there is a bug that if you blow your engine then view a replay you see smoke for the whole duration. Although it also could be aero damage leading to overheating but I don't think so in this case.

AdM1
23-09-2015, 04:04
As Flymar mentioned there is a bug that if you blow your engine then view a replay you see smoke for the whole duration. Although it also could be aero damage leading to overheating but I don't think so in this case.

Ah my bad wasn't aware of that bug lol.

Zanzibar
23-09-2015, 04:05

Wow, great framerate. :friendly_wink:

azidahaka
23-09-2015, 05:59
Just be patient the physics guys are working getting a fix out for a strange bug that changes wheel alignment/toe angles over longer periods. It could be responsible for strange dip/flip/land mine bugs from what I gather. In any case SMS are aware of these bugs which has plagued the game since the beginning. Unfortunately they are quite rare and apparently very hard to nail down for good and know 100% what's causing them.

Out of curiosity how for into the race were you? Lap number?
I think it was my second flying lap in Qualy... So 4 laps.

Didn't race before (and not after i'll need to cool down for it). Track was Brands hatch.

But this is really a new level of landmines, since as far as i know no one before had the "inverted gravity" bug... Actually it might be a force of gravity issue now that i think about it :D

azidahaka
23-09-2015, 06:01

To be clear the engine was 100% ok, i was just from pit, no crashes, the engine was open 60%. That isn't smoke, it's water spray.

flymar
23-09-2015, 06:32
I see that from time to time in my replays . the smoke and there is no engine failure
There is two kinds of smoke
Overheating smoke - puffs here and there - I don't really understand it and I think it should be scrapped. It tells you nothing and looks bad.
Engine failure smoke.

flymar
23-09-2015, 06:34
To be clear the engine was 100% ok, i was just from pit, no crashes, the engine was open 60%. That isn't smoke, it's water spray. No it isn't:) Engine was dead in the end (your trophy screenshot). If you went to replay from there it would smoke all the way.

azidahaka
23-09-2015, 15:15
No it isn't:) Engine was dead in the end (your trophy screenshot). If you went to replay from there it would smoke all the way.

Don't be blind the engine exploded in the first video after the landmine.

cluck
23-09-2015, 15:27
To be honest, the first thing I thought was "nice leaves in that preview window"

Honestly, I thought at first that was a still from a real video. Obviously, once the video started playing I realised the error of my ways. But still, you have to admit, that does look pretty damn good :D.

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 15:30
To be honest, the first thing I thought was "nice leaves in that preview window"

Honestly, I thought at first that was a still from a real video. Obviously, once the video started playing I realised the error of my ways. But still, you have to admit, that does look pretty damn good :D.

Project Cars
Featuring Cluck Approved Leaves "nice leaves in that preview window!" 10/10

Knightfall
23-09-2015, 15:31

Wow!!! That's some scary stuff

azidahaka
23-09-2015, 15:33

That i can't deny :D