PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4.0 is broken!

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 20:38
Im in a league and this is the nonsense league members have had to put up with tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XzMvteqIw

The game is broken SMS, Since 4.0 were experince all sorts of crazy shit!

Can the game not be fixed? If not why not let us know instead of bringing out patch after patch after patch which seems to make things worse rather than better!

Liquid7394
22-09-2015, 20:52
Looks like nothing more than lag.

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 20:54
That looks alot more than lag, But if it is lag would i be right in saying the tiny PC community get dedicated servers but the huge PS4 community gets P2P? Something far wrong there if im right!

SUBGTRACER
22-09-2015, 20:56
I'm on the fence with this one , have experienced this myself early on after the games release ........ If it starts to pop up a lot I will be worried . Looks as if the invisible walls are back also.

ChrisK
22-09-2015, 21:00
Looks like lag to me aswell.
But there does seem to be a weird small secondary crash aswell.

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 21:02
Looks like lag to me aswell.
But there does seem to be a weird small secondary crash aswell.

triple crash.

ChrisK
22-09-2015, 21:04
Yeah just re watched it you're right. That is strange.
Did the other car feel the impact aswell ?

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 21:29
Yeah just re watched it you're right. That is strange.
Did the other car feel the impact aswell ?

Seems the other car cannot move after it whether he just gave up after than nonsense im not sure.

andycass
22-09-2015, 21:40
Im in a league and this is the nonsense league members have had to put up with tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XzMvteqIw

The game is broken SMS, Since 4.0 were experince all sorts of crazy shit!

Can the game not be fixed? If not why not let us know instead of bringing out patch after patch after patch which seems to make things worse rather than better!

Sadly it looks like we're going to get stuck with this patch for atleast a month.
2 out of 6 online races tonight have showed me finishing lower in races than i actually did.
I'm not even asking for fixes anymore i'd like them to undo this latest untested patch. which adds nothing more than bugs to the game (PS4)

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 21:51
Sadly it looks like we're going to get stuck with this patch for atleast a month.
2 out of 6 online races tonight have showed me finishing lower in races than i actually did.
I'm not even asking for fixes anymore i'd like them to undo this latest untested patch. which adds nothing more than bugs to the game (PS4)

Yeah i think they need to revert back to 3.0 as that was the least buggiest out of the two.

Tomcul
22-09-2015, 21:51
Looks like lag.. The game works perfect when ps is offline seems being connected to the Internet brings all the bugs out..
Now for the real question...what sort of down shifting was that coming into the corner??

webuserjonny
22-09-2015, 22:44
There's definite problems at Nurburgring. Tonight in a league race several of us suffered bad bugs.

2 of us had shuddering wheels. Happened to me first during qualifying. Every time I turned left or right approaching 90 degrees it felt like the wheel was grinding. Came back into the garage and straight out again and everything was fine again. Then during the actual race me and another driver had the same problem again. The other driver had to retire because of it. I decided to pit to see if that would cure it, because coming back into the garage during qualifying did, but once in my pit box (no.1) my car was never released. I stayed there for 6 minutes before retiring to the garage so I could watch the race. And even then my car remained out in the pit lane with the pit man stood in front of it!

Another person hit an invisible wall or something on the track a couple of times.
Another ran over what can only be described as a landmine!
Yet another came into the pits for a tyre change and was released again without his tyres being changed so had to pit again which ruined his race.

We were racing the BMW 2002 on the Nurburgring Sprint circuit.

Edit: Just to add that the race didn't go to the results screen after the race had finished. The timer ran down and then nothing happened. We got a screen grab for our results and waited for 5 minutes before we all had to press options and exit. Nobody could obviously save the replay because of this.

We've experienced some pit problems in other races since patch 4.0 that were absent before the patch. Along with the problems we've encountered and others that I'm reading about, it seems as though patch 4.0 has created more bugs than it's solved or reintroduced bugs that had been cured with patch 3.0. :(

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 23:06
Sprint circuit for our league also!

0i8u2
23-09-2015, 00:23
Have any of you guys tried deleting the game reinstalling and downloading the patch doing a complete fresh install.
I got the game late my first patch was 2.0 after installing patch 3.0 I had problems with it crashing.
So I uninstalled it did a defrag or rebuild data base whatever you want to call it. I have never had a problem since.
I just installed patch 4.0 without uninstall so far I have no problems at all. Was in a 21 lap league race at road America on Sunday I had no problems at all. Some of the others did though. So far I haven't even had a ffb lose since this patch, which I use to get a couple of times each time I played.
You don't have to delete your saves to do this, back them up to USB to be safe.
It's worth a try if you haven't done it already.

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 01:10
i am really amazed at people trying to push and shove blame on the PS4 solely and/or users...I should have video taped, the installation of pCARS from CD onto my completely wiped PS4, just updated to 4.0 and started solo game and practice...and was riddled with various tracks, landmines, pit exit problems, steering ratio rate changes not applying also in 4.0 and tons more...
because i thought there might be a different test and I should go at it, tested my brothers PS4, wiped it and purchased pCARS download version with update 4.0, and same stuff happened, given and YES, landmines in different places on various tracks.

BUT (oh, yes, 1x PS4 with Logitech G29 and 1x PS4 with TM T300 + T3PA) hated default settings on both consoles, so took my G29 settings and a mix of "haiden's" T300 settings with some other mix in there.
after hours of game play on BOTH PS4 with my brother in about 5 days of testing, playing and just for making sure I am still keeping my sanity.
BLUE SCREENS was almost a standard and given on both PS4's no matter what session and what we did. we got landmines, on Imola, Silverstone, Nordschleife, Hockenheim, Dubai, Sonoma, Watkins Glen and Road America with LMP2, GT3 and GT4 vehicles we tested and drove. we had various setup bugs, where tunes would not save across sessions, we had FFB issues on both wheels, where after a race with AI@100 (not sure if this has anything to do with it) settings and sliders were all over, but not what we set it to (could be a visual GLITCH also!) not sure...
we had vehicles puffing smoke for no reason, although tested brake duct and radiator at value 80 (so OPEN! close to 100!)
played and tested with magnetic effects, yes, way too much and unrealistic. still think that is an issue. played and tested Bentley, dialed in pretty well and yes, both thought Bentley is unrealistically more powerful or better than the rest of the GT3 field, and the GINETTA G55 GT3 might as well or could be in GT4 class, that's how week and under-powered it is...in game at least! according to spec sheet should be up there mixing it up with the rest of the field. M3 GT3 has gotten better and was actually fun to drive, once you get used to it. also not sure if it is patch 4.0 or so, or maybe because was not playing for a while, cars tend to spin around/ do donuts for some strange reason...when you get on dirt/ gravel or strafe wall...just curious and wondering, since i had not experienced that before.
many other disappointments and problems, and wished for many other options and settings in game...but we decided pcars is the best game out there for consoles, so we shall just ignore and wait for next patch, in hopes of things getting better by patch 12.0 or 23.8 or so...continue to play no matter how bad it is.

above is just IMHO and my brother's after being able to test the above for a good week, being sick and having lots of time!

PS: forgot to mention, we wiped also saved games and rebuild databases on consoles.

Flaw3dGenius
23-09-2015, 01:32
i am really amazed at people trying to push and shove blame on the PS4 solely and/or users...I should have video taped, the installation of pCARS from CD onto my completely wiped PS4, just updated to 4.0 and started solo game and practice...and was riddled with various tracks, landmines, pit exit problems, steering ratio rate changes not applying also in 4.0 and tons more...
because i thought there might be a different test and I should go at it, tested my brothers PS4, wiped it and purchased pCARS download version with update 4.0, and same stuff happened, given and YES, landmines in different places on various tracks.

BUT (oh, yes, 1x PS4 with Logitech G29 and 1x PS4 with TM T300 + T3PA) hated default settings on both consoles, so took my G29 settings and a mix of "haiden's" T300 settings with some other mix in there.
after hours of game play on BOTH PS4 with my brother in about 5 days of testing, playing and just for making sure I am still keeping my sanity.
BLUE SCREENS was almost a standard and given on both PS4's no matter what session and what we did. we got landmines, on Imola, Silverstone, Nordschleife, Hockenheim, Dubai, Sonoma, Watkins Glen and Road America with LMP2, GT3 and GT4 vehicles we tested and drove. we had various setup bugs, where tunes would not save across sessions, we had FFB issues on both wheels, where after a race with AI@100 (not sure if this has anything to do with it) settings and sliders were all over, but not what we set it to (could be a visual GLITCH also!) not sure...
we had vehicles puffing smoke for no reason, although tested brake duct and radiator at value 80 (so OPEN! close to 100!)
played and tested with magnetic effects, yes, way too much and unrealistic. still think that is an issue. played and tested Bentley, dialed in pretty well and yes, both thought Bentley is unrealistically more powerful or better than the rest of the GT3 field, and the GINETTA G55 GT3 might as well or could be in GT4 class, that's how week and under-powered it is...in game at least! according to spec sheet should be up there mixing it up with the rest of the field. M3 GT3 has gotten better and was actually fun to drive, once you get used to it. also not sure if it is patch 4.0 or so, or maybe because was not playing for a while, cars tend to spin around/ do donuts for some strange reason...when you get on dirt/ gravel or strafe wall...just curious and wondering, since i had not experienced that before.
many other disappointments and problems, and wished for many other options and settings in game...but we decided pcars is the best game out there for consoles, so we shall just ignore and wait for next patch, in hopes of things getting better by patch 12.0 or 23.8 or so...continue to play no matter how bad it is.

above is just IMHO and my brother's after being able to test the above for a good week, being sick and having lots of time!

PS: forgot to mention, we wiped also saved games and rebuild databases on consoles.

I wiped everything fort patch 3.0 and started a fresh! No difference that is defo a pre build feature if you can call it that

Racer Pro
23-09-2015, 02:13
me i have no bug with patch 4.0 i dont know what you make with your ps4 guys

SUBGTRACER
23-09-2015, 02:23
me i have no bug with patch 4.0 i dont know what you make with your ps4 guys

that's not very descriptive my friend , are you playing online or offline , how long have you played since patch 4.0 ?

Racer Pro
23-09-2015, 02:49
that's not very descriptive my friend , are you playing online or offline , how long have you played since patch 4.0 ?i have nothing to say to you

ChrisK
23-09-2015, 04:02
There's definite problems at Nurburgring. Tonight in a league race several of us suffered bad bugs.

2 of us had shuddering wheels. Happened to me first during qualifying. Every time I turned left or right approaching 90 degrees it felt like the wheel was grinding. Came back into the garage and straight out again and everything was fine again. Then during the actual race me and another driver had the same problem again. The other driver had to retire because of it. I decided to pit to see if that would cure it, because coming back into the garage during qualifying did, but once in my pit box (no.1) my car was never released. I stayed there for 6 minutes before retiring to the garage so I could watch the race. And even then my car remained out in the pit lane with the pit man stood in front of it!

that sounds like the flat tyre bug. its been around for ages.

ChrisK
23-09-2015, 04:03
i have nothing to say to you

well you had nothing to say in your first post either so 10/10 for consistency.

SUBGTRACER
23-09-2015, 04:25
well you had nothing to say in your first post either so 10/10 for consistency.

LOL whats was with him :)

Racer Pro
23-09-2015, 05:17
LOL whats was with him :)im just not bashing the game like you that it. :)

Fong74
23-09-2015, 06:22
I hear a lot about the described bugs/effects since 4.0, which rocafella posted here, from my racing mates, too.

I did the update, but did not delete the savegame this time. I didnt re-calibrate my wheel or change any FFb values. The only thing I did was reassign a button, as R4 does not work anymore due to a change in Fanatec SDK (pls guys, give us the button back if possible, atm its just one button less than before and that cant be the final solution imho).

So far I had no issues with the game. No blue screens, no FFB issues, no severe online flaws (times and standings are broken here and then, but thats was the case before 4.0, too). I only race online in private lobbies with fellow racers and use the Free Raceweekend qualifying set to 90 minutes to prepare my car/setup for online racing sometimes.

So far im ok with the patch though. Sorry to hear that others are not. But that is exactly the major issue pCars has IMO: its behaviour is not consistent when looking at its instances running on different consoles. The major benefit of being on a console is somehow narrowed down with pCars. Thats the first time I experience such a behaviour with a console title and it gives me a headache tbh.

I Love the title, but that inconsistent, general behaviour desperately needs to be sorted out in near future (which I doubt can be done tbh).

p.s.:
RacePro was buggy as hell on XBox360. But we all had the same severe bugs/issues (which never got patched btw, but thats a different story). With pCars the devs are doing a great job in fixing issues.. But somehow new ones turn up after a patch is released. That increases the uneasy feeling about the title for some ppl I know

ChrisK
23-09-2015, 08:03
Public lobbies are empty and even private league race participation has dropped off a cliff. People are sick and tired of the issues or just aren't prepared to invest time in longer races when there's a fairly probable chance of a total failure or glitch which screws up the race...even if it's to others in the race.

I've been relatively fortunate aswell, I have had minimal massive bugs, lots of little ones that are annoying but not huge issues. I still have the deadzone on my wheel though and that's taken the shine right off the game to be honest.

FLX81
23-09-2015, 08:10
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the general sentiment of this thread. SMS is dropping the ball at the moment. Whats the use of having a huge changelog if half of it isnt working - some of it obviously untested? And the worst, gamebreaking bugs (crashes, FFB loss, setup bugs, wrong race results and starting grids) have been known for months now but are not even adressed or somehow still only get worse with each patch. "Improved general stability of the game" - how please?! It is crashing and acting weird even more than before. Lastly, there are some rather glaring omissions on the feature side (how on earth can it be that we are still waiting for timed online and single player races 4 months and 4 patches later?!) and a UI that is still a chore to use.

SMS better get their priorities in order for patch 5. I can only hope that there is somebody working day and night on finally fixing those damn crashes and actually improving the stability of the game and that the lackluster quality of patch 4 is internally discussed and a lesson has been learned for the future.

VR-Mustard
23-09-2015, 11:42
I'm afraid this last update hasn't fixed any of the main bugs... Why? Who knows these things.. Can these bugs even be fixed? Probably not. This game is broken plain and simple and all the sms team had to do is have some communication with some of the guys who are on hosting and running these lobby's every night. -- Why? Because between the guys out there who would be dedicated enough to help the sms team they just might have gotten to the workaround stage at least.. But no! They just ignore and release more broken updates to clog up our hard drives

BTW for those of you who are experiencing loads of bugs etc in these room try the following..

Ask all your members to redo their Internet connection settings before joining the rooms

Turn the damage and tireware off

The problems seem to be inbeded in the game engine and resetting, turning these things off does seem to help

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 12:48
good point! have not tested turning all those options off! nice! and also for some PM's i got thx for info , advice and sorry to hear you are having similar issues!
1) i have tested all on WiFi and LAN cable connection
2) occasional grinding in wheel is NOT from blown tire!!! (this is known bug and confirmed bu devs!)
3) no I am not bashing the game, still like it! (if u look at G29 thread u will see the amount of f******* ***** time I have spent in and on this game to dial in G29 and share with community, but appreciate your sh***y and low **** PM's!!!)
4) no both PS4 are fine!!! thank you! after pcars issues and problems we installed F1 2015 and Driveclub on both consoles, dispite whatever we think of those games and F1 2015 also having tons and tons of bugs, we had no blue screens and wheels worked just fine, except brake pedal of G29 on F1 2015 known issue in that game...
5) tested everything on default, then only Jack Spade Classic and then tweaked FFB global for both G29 and T300 no changes still got bugs

i will try all options OFF though and see gow that goes! good point and thx @VR Mustard

Mr.Smoke
23-09-2015, 14:31
Ive put about 10 hours in since 4.0 doing online races of varying length from 5-30 laps, with FA, GT3, LMP1/2 on various tracks from Sonoma, Nurburgring GP, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Bugatti, Le Mans, etc and have experienced zero issues so far.

The inconsistency of problems on the same platform is somewhat puzzling. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

svenvangent
23-09-2015, 14:55
PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSGSx2NraJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9KFzp7MnK0

TrueNOS2
23-09-2015, 15:00
Well, I was holding out until I got bit by the 4.0 "patch". I was having crashes on release 3.0 that were becoming more and more frequent so I decided to format my hard drive on my PS4 and reinstall the Playstation "operating system" from scratch and then reinstall just Project Cars. I did so last week and put quite a few hours of gameplay on and offline and had zero issues. NOW that I've been "updated" to 4.0 my second online race and bingo, crash (screen freezes, goes black and then sends me to the "Report Problem" screen)! C'mon SMS let's get this thing right. I think we need a 4.5 or something that can be a re-do on the old 2.0 patch that seemed to be the most stable. You need to do something as your "fan base" is declining!

madmax2069
23-09-2015, 15:17
The only time I see this is when that parson is lagging hard, lag will cause this to happen.

I dont see this when everyones connection is stable.

This is exreme lag, nothing more nothing less, npt a bug in the game. Crap like this was happening way before 4.0 when said person has a unstable internet connection (sometimes due to distance from the host, or other internet shenanigans).

And happens in other games when a unstable internet connection is added to the mix.

Lag will cause the car to warp about like this.

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 16:58
The only time I see this is when that parson is lagging hard, lag will cause this to happen.

I dont see this when everyones connection is stable.

This is exreme lag, nothing more nothing less, npt a bug in the game. Crap like this was happening way before 4.0 when said person has a unstable internet connection (sometimes due to distance from the host, or other internet shenanigans).

And happens in other games when a unstable internet connection is added to the mix.

Lag will cause the car to warp about like this.
sorry to ruin your conclusion...have a 150MBit/150Mbit connection tested on two different PS4 consoles and nothing changed, both connected directly to router right beside the modem, for testing this ****** i spent a good $200 on cables and hardware, and nothing changed! so stop the posts if you don't have 100% info, nor confirmation, and especially blaming it on the internet connection! (lags and etc.)

on german forums, people with 100Mbit to 250Mbit are having same issues and posted all over forums around the world...pls!!

especially annoying to read your freakin' post! when i spent a f****** week almost testing this crap with two consoles two different wheels and hardwired consoles! and then reading a post about all problems are internet and lag related...f*** f***** sakes! give me a break!

especially after taking the time to post that i had no issues with Driveclub and F1 2015 (except bugs in F1 2015) but no lag issues, no ffb issues and etc etc etc etc etc...so yes IMO it is pCARS only and only issue!

and you had what input? conference call with studio devs and staff? you confirmed this over phone, fax? I don't understand some of the standpoints and arguments people bring to the threads...how can you post something like that, confirming and 100% stating you know where the issue is coming from? just don't understand it??

and just to all those nicely and polite people out there, who are PM'ing me, giving negative reputation points, spamming me, emailing me and being rude, cursing and fanboy attitudes!...good for you, shows your low level of maturity, manors, behavior and what ****bags are online not understanding what criticism means.

nevertheless...to those who don't understand the posts and threads with problems.

the game has great potential and still think it is great, as many still think i am solely bashing it...pCARS best sim racing game out there for PS4 or consoles! on my PC...not sure, i think my time is split between AC, R3E and pCARS, but playing the games, identical cars on identical tracks handle different, so I think question of taste and prefs also, but so far FFB of all games better than pCARS. (at least for me pers.) pCARS FFB has too many factors and sliders, which don't make sense to me personally, I think cars should be preset, since a car is always the same no matter who gets in it (on that specific track, so FFB changes only when different tracks and setup and etc (so physics) change) but I don't understand and nobody was able to explain, why a car should or could feel strongly exaggerated FFB torque, or the opposite, almost zero FFB and almost feels like uses magnetic levitation...and this brings great lap times with it too!

Liquid7394
23-09-2015, 17:08
sorry to ruin your conclusion...have a 150MBit/150Mbit connection tested on two different PS4 consoles and nothing changed, both connected directly to router right beside the modem, for testing this ****** i spent a good $200 on cables and hardware, and nothing changed! so stop the posts if you don't have 100% info, nor confirmation, and especially blaming it on the internet connection! (lags and etc.)

on german forums, people with 100Mbit to 250Mbit are having same issues and posted all over forums around the world...pls!!

especially annoying to read your freakin' post! when i spent a f****** week almost testing this crap with two consoles two different wheels and hardwired consoles! and then reading a post about all problems are internet and lag related...f*** f***** sakes! give me a break!

especially after taking the time to post that i had no issues with driveclub and F1 2015 (except bugs in F1 2015) but no lag issues, no ffb issues and etc etc etc etc etc...so yes IMO it is pCARS only and only issue!
No. The video in the OP is just extreme lag, it is not exclusive to Pcars. I've seen this happen in GTA for example.

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 17:27
so you guys are saying no issues exist and it is all to blame on lag? is this assessment of your statements correct?

madmax2069
23-09-2015, 17:30

especially after taking the time to post that i had no issues with driveclub and F1 2015 (except bugs in F1 2015) but no lag issues, no ffb issues and etc etc etc etc etc...so yes IMO it is pCARS only and only issue!

and you had what input? conference call with studio devs and staff? you confirmed this over phone, fax? I don't understand some of the standpoints and arguments people bring to the threads...how can you post something like that, confirming and 100% stating you know where the issue is coming from? just don't understand it??

Connection speeds have nothing to do with stability or lag sir. A lot can influence connection stability, bad routing tables, solar activity and so on, and even if your connection was rock solid doesn't mean you wont see lag especially if someone else's connection is having issues.

This game uses a P2P connection, meaning the host acts as the server for that lobby, meaning it solely depends on everyone's connection to the host.

Go ahead a throw your little tantrum, it wont change the facts sir. Good day.

And to who gave me bad rep telling me to grow up, it is you that needs to grow up.

Bealdor
23-09-2015, 17:51
so you guys are saying no issues exist and it is all to blame on lag? is this assessment of your statements correct?

Nobody is saying that no issues do exist. They're just saying that this specific issue in the OP seems to be caused by lag.

diesel97
23-09-2015, 18:02
It looks like the other car warped into you so they could be the one lagging

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 18:28
Nobody is saying that no issues do exist. They're just saying that this specific issue in the OP seems to be caused by lag.
gotcha Bealdor. I know, and was merely pointing out to these fellow racers that there are issues, no matter how much is thrown at the people posting problems, and yes, agreed, OP seems to be another issue.

rocafella1978
23-09-2015, 18:31
Connection speeds have nothing to do with stability or lag sir. A lot can influence connection stability, bad routing tables, solar activity and so on, and even if your connection was rock solid doesn't mean you wont see lag especially if someone else's connection is having issues.

This game uses a P2P connection, meaning the host acts as the server for that lobby, meaning it solely depends on everyone's connection to the host.

Go ahead a throw your little tantrum, it wont change the facts sir. Good day.

And to who gave me bad rep telling me to grow up, it is you that needs to grow up.

no tantrum madmax2069, just facts I am posting based on what i pers have tested and have seen on so far 4x consoles. (3x PS4 and 1x XB1) that's all. I find it pers. annoying when people throw blocking posts at fellow racers posting their issues and problems. either way, all have their own opinions and that's bottom line.

Gravit8
24-09-2015, 23:58

For this instance. Maybe yes it is lag. That's what I see here.
I'd agree the game does have lots of bugs that break it sometimes. Or all the time if your not willing to delete your old files with each new update.

hkraft300
25-09-2015, 22:13
Just watched the video. It's the other car lagging, not the OP.
It's happened to me when another player was lagging (he was on ~100mbit connection) and I've done it to others before I went hard wire (my microwave was knocking out my wifi, believe it or not!). I've also seen a few people lag switch their way to a win, destroying every car in their path (I came 2nd, sitting just far enough behind him to not risk a hit, lol)
Doesn't matter how good your connection is, if the other player has a bad connection there's nothing you can do about it.

Yes, issues do exist. I worry the XB1 and PS4 hardware aren't up to scratch yet, to handle pCars properly.

Gravit8
25-09-2015, 22:39
Just watched the video. It's the other car lagging, not the OP.
It's happened to me when another player was lagging (he was on ~100mbit connection) and I've done it to others before I went hard wire (my microwave was knocking out my wifi, believe it or not!). I've also seen a few people lag switch their way to a win, destroying every car in their path (I came 2nd, sitting just far enough behind him to not risk a hit, lol)
Doesn't matter how good your connection is, if the other player has a bad connection there's nothing you can do about it.

Yes, issues do exist. I worry the XB1 and PS4 hardware aren't up to scratch yet, to handle pCars properly.

Lag switches bro. Way too easy to make and use. It's a switch inline on your Ethernet cable. So simple to cheat. Turn off your connection. Time it right when you flip it back on, it's like magic.

I think the hardware is there. Just net coding is a niche and not many are that good at it.
Iracing is what it is for a reason. Not peer to peer.
It's dedicated. If Sony would reinvest subscription capital back into servers. We'd be fine.

hkraft300
26-09-2015, 03:03
Wow... Caring so much for their win/podium and K/D numbers that they put in a lag switch...
Whatever happened to owning a race/battle just because you got the mad skills...
Sony can host top end servers but it won't fix the problem of the users' connection. I have to make do with the connection I have (~9/1 Mbit on a good day) because an upgrade isn't yet possible/ affordable. ISP haven't installed the infrastructure yet in my area. For 20-100Mbit fibre connection I'll have to move interstate where the work has been done.

A corporation reinvesting capital purely for the benefit of its clients? Wouldn't that be a wonderful world...

ChrisK
26-09-2015, 03:21
I have no idea what what you people are talking about now. lol

rocafella1978
26-09-2015, 03:37
I say we all go back to good old dial up modems again!!!

hkraft300
26-09-2015, 05:06
I have no idea what what you people are talking about now. lol

Crappy Internet, bud.
I got fibre at my place in tassie last year (NBN. By the time the company is short on funds and way behind schedule. Anyway...), only 20Mbit from Telstra and it was great. Stuck with adsl now in Melbourne because satellite is too expensive.

Jever
26-09-2015, 20:04
Have major isues with a game going Down keep going to blue screen. And cutting OFF.

And we are Playing a 24 hour race. Just getting to race 4?

Any surgetsions?

webuserjonny
26-09-2015, 20:17
Try rebuilding the PS4 database. I had several blue screens on my old PS4, but once I rebuilt the database it stopped happening.

http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/

I bought a new PS4 yesterday and have yet to suffer any problems with the game. Admittedly I've haven't done much racing on the new system yet though.

alcheng
26-09-2015, 21:33
get to a point whether we(end-users) or the software developer can figure out it's the bugs/issues is/are from PS4, internet or the software(game)...

and these patches.... just like those windows-updates.... updates after updates.... and bugs after bugs....

‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.'”-Forrest
‘Bugs was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.'”-PCars

-Brick_Top-
28-09-2015, 21:34
get to a point whether we(end-users) or the software developer can figure out it's the bugs/issues is/are from PS4, internet or the software(game)...

and these patches.... just like those windows-updates.... updates after updates.... and bugs after bugs....

‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.'”-Forrest
‘Bugs was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.'”-PCars

When talking about this game it's safe to assume bugs 99% of the time

VR-Mustard
28-09-2015, 23:27
https://youtu.be/yFJgbc1iHJo

Oh dear... Another mechanical fault

Sum Dixon-Ear
28-09-2015, 23:38
That was hilarious... thank you, I've never seen a breakdancing leper masquerading as a car before.

alcheng
28-09-2015, 23:41
https://youtu.be/yFJgbc1iHJo

Oh dear... Another mechanical fault

mechanical fault?? looks more like it's haunted.... :beguiled: