PDA

View Full Version : [NO] Patch 4.0 Rain Issue?

gmspromo
23-09-2015, 08:56
Is it just my eyes, or has Patch 4.0, overwritten the rain effects that were introduced in Patch 3.0's major rain effect update??

I did three online races last night in the rain and it just seems like they have reverted to what they used to appear like, pre-patch 3.0 ... I'm playing the Xbox One version ...

Alexandru Marian
23-09-2015, 11:58
Patch 4.0 did not remove the new rain effects. I've even tested this quickly on my retail XB1 copy of the game and it all looks good.

Could you explain exactly what seems to be off? Some screenshots would help. Also please check that you didn't remove any visual effects from the Options menu.

Raven403
23-09-2015, 12:02
Is it just my eyes, or has Patch 4.0, overwritten the rain effects that were introduced in Patch 3.0's major rain effect update??

I did three online races last night in the rain and it just seems like they have reverted to what they used to appear like, pre-patch 3.0 ... I'm playing the Xbox One version ...

I cant say I noticed this, I raced last night in the rain and it was all the new effects.

What view are you in?

KkDrummer
23-09-2015, 12:11
I raced in the rain yesterday too and it looked good...cockpit view for me!

gmspromo
23-09-2015, 12:33
Patch 4.0 did not remove the new rain effects. I've even tested this quickly on my retail XB1 copy of the game and it all looks good.

Could you explain exactly what seems to be off? Some screenshots would help. Also please check that you didn't remove any visual effects from the Options menu.

Like I said I just wanted to check if it was me or my eyes! The three races I did were all in car view (not helmet cam) and in light rain conditions. Non of the options were turned down or off. When I get the chance later today I will test again and also try heavy rain/storm conditions to double check. If I get the same issue again, I'll screen shot it, if I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up in the air and beg forgiveness for worrying you unnecessarily!!

gmspromo
23-09-2015, 18:10
Okay, Okay, I throw my hands up in the air and beg your forgiveness .. Rain effects do seem to be working fine this evening, although I swear to god they weren't last night. I'm sorry guys.

jsydave
23-09-2015, 18:27
That all sounds much too reasonable. You do realise this is an Internet forum don't you? ;)

gmspromo
24-09-2015, 09:39
That all sounds much too reasonable. You do realise this is an Internet forum don't you? ;)

I know, it was almost too civilised wasn't it. No moaning or complaining, I just asked a simple question because I thought something was amiss, but on checking further I was wrong and admitted it. That isn't how the PCars forum normally works! ;)

starhound
24-09-2015, 11:58
One thing I did notice while on a practise session the pools of water did linger for a while after the rain had stopped if I remember correctly the wet track used to dry up as soon as the weather changed before ? Much more realistic now I think

Mr Schumacher
25-09-2015, 00:26
How do you remove the racing break line assistance?? Please help..

nissan4ever
25-09-2015, 01:11
How do you remove the racing break line assistance?? Please help..

Options & Help
Gameplay
Hit right bumper (RB)
Guiding Line - turn off
Now you won't have a race line on the track.

Mr Schumacher
25-09-2015, 08:32
Why did the patch completly RUIN the tuning system the game had.. If this is not corrected.. Pcars will lose a lot of fans and gamers.. I won't be playing the game as much if I have to tune my car B4 every race.. I also lost a lot of my tunes.. WAT A SAD DAY..

Pyromaniak666
25-09-2015, 09:08
Why did the patch completly RUIN the tuning system the game had.. If this is not corrected.. Pcars will lose a lot of fans and gamers.. I won't be playing the game as much if I have to tune my car B4 every race.. I also lost a lot of my tunes.. WAT A SAD DAY..

Don't you find joy in tuning your car? Besides it's not like your first tune is the ultimate tune so chill and don't go off track, this was after all about rain effects which was proven to be a mistake, Enjoy your weekend :P