PDA

View Full Version : Are Ai mechanical failures being worked on or is it a no go ?

Cholton82
23-09-2015, 19:55
I'm currently avoiding Endurance in career mode in the hope that Ai dnf's from mechanical failures are added which will make it a lot more realistic .
It would be great to know what SMS consider worthy of adding and what will be simply left out .
In my mind and opinion dnf's , spins and spectacular engine blow outs ( should manufacturers allow it )would make this truly epic .

Can things like this then be added retrospectively or are they too hard to put in ?

TrevorAustin
23-09-2015, 20:03
I see loads of ai spins and crashes, especially in endurance, although admittedly no mechanical failures.

Flat_out
23-09-2015, 20:12
Never once have I seen AI spin in 80 hours of career or quick race.

Neil Hopwood
23-09-2015, 20:28
Ian posted about AI DNF/Failures a while back.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29025-Confirmed-Post-44-AI-mechanical-failures-and-DNFs&p=981690&viewfull=1#post981690

Cholton82
23-09-2015, 21:58
I've never seen the Ai spun out , I've seen them run wide but they seem like they are on rails !

Cholton82
23-09-2015, 21:59
Ian posted about AI DNF/Failures a while back.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29025-Confirmed-Post-44-AI-mechanical-failures-and-DNFs&p=981690&viewfull=1#post981690

I remember seeing Ian post that , hopefully it's something they have in the pipeline ???

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 22:01
I've never seen the Ai spun out , I've seen them run wide but they seem like they are on rails !

I've seen the AI spin out, spin out other AI's, and retire due to incidents quite a few times...

Usually never when I need them to, but it happens.

One AI driver at Brno had a particularly bad day when he tried to make a pass in the FC and clocked one of the tire barriers that just happened to be in his way by about an inch and a half, and ripped his wing and one of his wheels off...

SUBGTRACER
23-09-2015, 22:03
I have seen a couple of incidents like the above one , just not very often ............Mechanical failure with a bit of smoke coming out of the car would be nice once in a while.

TrevorAustin
23-09-2015, 22:27
Never once have I seen AI spin in 80 hours of career or quick race.

Must be another Xbox problem then, oh well.

I've never seen Australia either in hundreds of journeys.

SUBGTRACER
23-09-2015, 22:32
Must be another Xbox problem then, oh well.

Pretty helpful answer .

TrevorAustin
23-09-2015, 22:36
Pretty helpful answer .

it wasn't an answer it was a statement, too many console users don't want help, they just need to be right, so given up trying to help.

I posted a fact, I see ai spin or crash in almost every quick race. Happy to give details if anybody is interested but I'm not going to justify what I've seen because I can't be bothered with the childish bickering any more.

SUBGTRACER
23-09-2015, 22:41
I'm sure there are many many console users that appreciate the help to Trevor ! Not everyone on a console is a lower life form :) keep trying to help.

Flat_out
23-09-2015, 22:42
No you posted childish answer!

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 22:43

I'm pretty sure FRookie has a career race at Bathurst in the appropriate series. I know that the Formula C championship does in the Asia-Pacific championship.

Also I just unlocked the 25 hour thing. That'll be fun.

pigsy
23-09-2015, 23:40
AI can't spin more than 90 degrees.

Cholton82
24-09-2015, 06:19
AI can't spin more than 90 degrees.

I thought as much , they seem to get so far round and then grip and carry on , for those saying they have seen them spin often could you catch it on video and upload it ?

Dutchmountains
24-09-2015, 08:14
I'm currently avoiding Endurance in career mode in the hope that Ai dnf's from mechanical failures are added which will make it a lot more realistic .
It would be great to know what SMS consider worthy of adding and what will be simply left out .
In my mind and opinion dnf's , spins and spectacular engine blow outs ( should manufacturers allow it )would make this truly epic .

Can things like this then be added retrospectively or are they too hard to put in ?

Ive asked it several times but AI mechanical failures seems to have no priority.
Thats too bad because endurance racing is now verry boring.
Soo bad they wanna make this game realistic but mechanical failure has no priority....soooo bad!

Lukeymonster
24-09-2015, 13:47
I see AI fouling it up sometimes on my Xbox. Even cars parked in the wall a few times. It's not all the time, which is cool because when it does happen it's more believable.

Cholton82
24-09-2015, 16:14
But my point is they can't spin like say a 180 degree or even 360 , as confirmed by a WMD member . It would be good if this could be sorted .

I don't want a demolition derby but most GT3 races have a couple of spinners most races .

Dutchmountains
24-09-2015, 18:11
But my point is they can't spin like say a 180 degree or even 360 , as confirmed by a WMD member . It would be good if this could be sorted .

I don't want a demolition derby but most GT3 races have a couple of spinners most races .

Yes and its not only spinning but when you drive Le Mans 24 hrs there must be cars who have mechanical problems and standing long in the pits or get out of the race.
Why for***sake has this no priority for the devs who want to make a realistic racing game??? Why why why????
Slowly im loosing my interest in this game.

Konan
24-09-2015, 18:12
I've seen the AI spin out, spin out other AI's, and retire due to incidents quite a few times...

One AI driver at Brno had a particularly bad day when he tried to make a pass in the FC and clocked one of the tire barriers that just happened to be in his way by about an inch and a half, and ripped his wing and one of his wheels off...

I was on the same circuit with the Audi R8 GT3 and the AI actually crashed almost all of the tire barriers.... No damage at all,he didn't even slow down....maybe a difference between pc and console version???

Schnizz58
24-09-2015, 18:44
I was on the same circuit with the Audi R8 GT3 and the AI actually crashed almost all of the tire barriers.... No damage at all,he didn't even slow down....maybe a difference between pc and console version???
I've seen exactly this on Xbox also. Cars fly through the tire barriers like they're not there.

tyl3r99
24-09-2015, 19:31
holy... well record the AI crashing then ive never seen them bloody crash at all :/
i play my AI around 75% and they are on train tracks and they simply can't crash lol

Cholton82
24-09-2015, 21:05
I'm glad it's not only me this is bugging , I feel it's really important for the realism factor that things like this are taken seriously . I've dropped it a few times by running over to much kerb or locking my rears , having this happen whilst following the Ai would make the racing even better . And random mechanical failures would top it off :cool:

Zeke Bewlay
24-09-2015, 21:17
I have seen AI sitting on track backwards or going slowly 'back to pits'.
Also went from 7th to 5th recently when two AI in front of me tangled. Got so excited I issued the next turn in and ended up 8th����
But agree wish bad things happened a bit more often to AI

pigsy
25-09-2015, 02:31
AI's do crash, come off the track, collide with each other. However it happens in a very robotic way. Almost always when the AI comes off track is because they're going too fast into a corner or put their wheels on the grass. That's fine but what happens after then is almost a 'canned' unrealistic effect (SMS will say there's nothing canned in Pcars). But it looks that way so what's the difference? Cars will slide, but won't spin. Even when hitting a car in the rear quarter panel they won't spin, they just slide sideways.

I know there will be work being done in Pcars2 on this, but 3 years away, wow it's a long time to wait.

I'm sure in the very early development of Pcars there was very realistic crashes, damage and crash physics. I've tried looking for the old videos but I can't find any.

SUBGTRACER
25-09-2015, 02:32
AI's do crash, come off the track, collide with each other. However it happens in a very robotic way. Almost always when the AI comes off track is because they're going too fast into a corner or put their wheels on the grass. That's fine but what happens after then is almost a 'canned' unrealistic effect (SMS will say there's nothing canned in Pcars). But it looks that way so what's the difference? Cars will slide, but won't spin. Even when hitting a car in the rear quarter panel they won't spin, they just slide sideways.

I know there's will be work being done in Pcars2 on this, but 3 years away, wow it's a long time to wait.

I agree it does feel very canned.

I do hope this is supported for a couple of years , as you said 3 years is a long wait :(

Shinzah
25-09-2015, 02:39
I'm sure in the very early development of Pcars there was very realistic crashes, damage and crash physics. I've tried looking for the old videos but I can't find any.

....In the very early development, there was barely any crash/damage work done at all.

But I will impart this little nugget of history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrtTMEni9cc

SUBGTRACER
25-09-2015, 02:54
Atleast they had momentum back then , all be to much .............they now stop in a crash like they weight 10 tones.

Dutchmountains
25-09-2015, 07:31
I agree it does feel very canned.

I do hope this is supported for a couple of years , as you said 3 years is a long wait :(

As i said i begin slowly to loose interest in this game and with a wait for three years its soon over.

Swinnyjr
25-09-2015, 16:13

I did an offline race round there in Lotus 98ts.....about four cars DNF'd from hitting those tyres and ripping they're own inside wheel off....