PDA

View Full Version : Pressure and optimal temperature Tire

jhonatas
24-09-2015, 12:50
I've researched in various places but found no clear information on the subject, I think any developer can have that answer.
What is the ideal temperature or temperature range for grip of the tires?
The temperature varies by tire class?
For example:
I always try to let the temperature around 85 C, sometimes between 70/75 realize a better economy tires during long runs, so I would like to clear information about it, what's more grip temperature for a hot lap?

Else, the ideal is to adjust pressure and camber for the third temperatures are the same? or internal should be warmer?
example
left front tire 80-80-80 or 80-80-83 or 80-81-82?

Thank you all in advance

AB_Attack
25-09-2015, 12:45
Internal should be up to some 5 degrees warmer than outer. It depends on the camber that depends on the car, track and suspension and it's really just a rule of thumb. Different tyres probably have different optimal temps but look at the green and rule of thumb is slightly less than 100 degrees celcius. Pressures are for temps (lower pressure higher temp and revers) and contact patch where overinflating means cone in the middle of the tyre which then wears unevenly and more at that spot, and grips less due to less contact patch. The means to tell regarding contact patch in the game are very limited. There is I think two telemetry parameters shedding some light on this: grip and spin as secondary, for the add-on telemetry tool.

Umer Ahmad
25-09-2015, 15:48
Depends on tyre class. F-A will be diffferent than some basic road tyre.

You can use the tyre temp color indicators in the HUD as guide, green means optimal.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-09-2015, 21:23
Yeah, I've thought about responding to this many times but always end up with too many "but it depends" lines. Keep them in the green and you're good.

FACT0RY PIL0T
26-09-2015, 23:39
Depends on tyre class. F-A will be diffferent than some basic road tyre.

You can use the tyre temp color indicators in the HUD as guide, green means optimal.

Yeah and the F-A just loves to overheat the tires because the F-A is being driven faster than anyone figured in my OP.

If theres any tire that needs fixing it's the F-A tire. These tires run at high temps, and have grip for a lot of laps, but not the fall off as in the game. Pretty pointless to run any races because 2 hard laps and your done going from 220 to 270 in temp is ridiculous no matter how well you feel the tire was built in the model its off.

hkraft300
27-09-2015, 01:19
2 hard laps and your done going from 220 to 270 in temp is ridiculous no matter how well you feel the tire was built in the model its off.

Maybe you're doing it wrong?
Did a 30 lap MP race in them the other week (before 4.0).
Some guys did a medium and soft stint. Some guys went soft/soft. It was great.
The soft tires need to be driven with TLC and they'll give really fast laps in their narrow temp range. You have to keep them in the sweet spot. The mediums aren't much slower but are much more tolerant of temperature and maintains big grip.