PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster T300 how to calibrate?

Filby
24-09-2015, 14:55
Hi

I have just bought a T300 wheel and pedals and Project Cars to celebrate my retirement! I can't calibrate the wheel so that it's realistic, I have to turn the wheel at least 90 degrees to make a small movement on the track. I have the wheel on default settings in the Thrustmaster control panel on my pc and started with default on Project Cars and have read the posts on altering FFB and although have had some improvements it is nothing like driving a real car around a track. The brakes and accelerator work just great but I have to turn the wheel far more then I ought to to go round a gentle bend. There is a distinct lack of *feel* in the wheel. It works just fine on a PS4 by the way, I have it on PS3 for the computer. I feel I have missed something out somewhere and I have searched the posts but couldn't find anything the same. If anyone has any ideas i would be very grateful.
Thanks Fil

Fight-Test
24-09-2015, 15:16
in your tune for the car you can change the steering ratio. I run the wheel at 900 degrees rotation (recommended) and I run the my steering ratio at 6.9.1 on all cars. That might be too sensitive for you, especially at first. Somewhere in there is the sweet spot for you.

Filby
24-09-2015, 20:11
in your tune for the car you can change the steering ratio. I run the wheel at 900 degrees rotation (recommended) and I run the my steering ratio at 6.9.1 on all cars. That might be too sensitive for you, especially at first. Somewhere in there is the sweet spot for you.

Thank you for your reply. I tried turning everything off and then on and then re-calibrated the wheel again, for the umpteenth time! This time the range was 100 rather than 300+. and now the wheel works just fine! Well more or less, but now I can adjust and find the settings that suit me.

John Hargreaves
24-09-2015, 20:16
Welcome to the world of project cars, it sounds like you have the perfect combination there; a copy of the game, a good wheel and most important of all, plenty of time to play it.
There are plenty of people on the forum who will help you out if you get stuck.

Filby
24-09-2015, 22:28
Welcome to the world of project cars, it sounds like you have the perfect combination there; a copy of the game, a good wheel and most important of all, plenty of time to play it.
There are plenty of people on the forum who will help you out if you get stuck.

Thanks, I really enjoy the game, especially now I can stay on the track!