PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster firmware update 5.0 just released

Lethal 556
24-09-2015, 18:00
Haven't seen a thread for it yet so thought I would let you guys with a thrustmaster wheel know. The update allows you to basically turn the internal fan off and on forced or automatic. Automatic being as its been and turning on when it reaches it temp limit and forced allows the fan to run constantly regardless of reaching temp limit

Schnizz58
24-09-2015, 18:48
Haven't seen a thread for it yet...
It's actually in the stickied TX thread but it bears repeating since there are a lot of Thrustmaster users in the Xbox section.

foxy2020
25-09-2015, 08:14
It's actually in the stickied TX thread but it bears repeating since there are a lot of Thrustmaster users in the Xbox section.

Just tried this and it was only offering to update to v49?

Lethal 556
25-09-2015, 11:39
Here is the download link
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=367&cid=15

Robhd
25-09-2015, 12:08
Just tried this and it was only offering to update to v49?

I haven't had any issues with previous firmware update, but the only way i could get this update to work was by deleting the updater on my PC and then downloading the latest update complete with the installer software... Trying to use the update firmware resulted in a error message if i didn't

foxy2020
25-09-2015, 13:21
I haven't had any issues with previous firmware update, but the only way i could get this update to work was by deleting the updater on my PC and then downloading the latest update complete with the installer software... Trying to use the update firmware resulted in a error message if i didn't

Yes, sorted it out now. This is great, reminds me of my Dads old race car that had a manual switch inside for the fan :)

I take it it makes sense just to have the fan on at all times of use?

Schnizz58
25-09-2015, 14:15
I take it it makes sense just to have the fan on at all times of use?
I think it's a response to a lot of units failing after playing this game. PCars seems to be harder on wheels than previous games and the failure rate appears to be higher among PCars players just based on what I've seen in this forum. The fan on my TX comes on quickly when I start playing, indicating that it is heating up quicker than it did when I played Forza.

Dynomight Motorsports
26-09-2015, 02:45
I think it's a response to a lot of units failing after playing this game. PCars seems to be harder on wheels than previous games and the failure rate appears to be higher among PCars players just based on what I've seen in this forum. The fan on my TX comes on quickly when I start playing, indicating that it is heating up quicker than it did when I played Forza.

You are Correct, Sir!

yusupov
26-09-2015, 02:52
i think default gain is set to 2.00, it shouldnt be, around 1.00 should be standard for all wheels. especially since afaik xbox defaults to 100% in the TX profiler instead of 75% (this would be the same as a logitech wheel defaulting to 150%, which is crazy strong). the next patch needs to see this addressed, the game is literally set up to potentially cook a users new $400 wheel.