PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Wrong tires after pitstop

Roboterblut
24-09-2015, 20:20
Just did a 30 Laps online race with GT3 on Spa with tire wear set to x3.... So i started on Slick-Hard Tires. I ceated a Pit-Stop strategy, fuel for 20 Laps. Tire change yes an set to "Hart" (playing German version, "hart" just means hard...)

So i came in in Lap 12 cause tires were dead, selected the created strategy an let the pit crew do its work...

After the pitstop i was wondered about the high level of grip so i changed to telemetry hud and what do i see? "Slick-Soft" where on my Car :mad:

Same thing on the 2nd Pit Stop, i double checked that "Hart" tire was selected and again, after pit stop i had soft tires on...:mad::mad::mad:

So i set up a single player race an tested it, always the same result... is this a bug or did i do something wrong?:confused:

And why can i choose different named tires in pit stratetgy menu than in tuning setup menu? Does it have something to do with the german language version of the game?:(

DusterBuster
24-09-2015, 20:29
Hi, it's a known issue. Unfortunaetly the fix didn't make it into the patch 4.0, so you will always get soft tires after pit stops.

The translation in the pit strategy is also wrong in the german version. I think the "medium" tyres are the "Mittel" tyres and the "Mittel" are the "Intermediates". The soft and hard tyres should be named right.

For the names, i think they aren't specifically named GT3-Soft Slicks ord LMP2-Soft Slicks because you can use the strategy for more than one class.

StefB
24-09-2015, 21:47
you can use the strategy for more than one class.

I'ts really the 1st time i see this in a racing game. A "setup" that can be used bye all différents cars, changing the amount of fuel (can't put 75L in a catheram :) ) , changing the tyres models (so many different in this game, and that's a good thing ! )
It would be so better (and easier ! ) to have the pit strategy linked to the each car.. is this planned ?

sgohsixthree
01-10-2015, 02:27
Hi, it's a known issue. Unfortunaetly the fix didn't make it into the patch 4.0, so you will always get soft tires after pit stops.

The translation in the pit strategy is also wrong in the german version. I think the "medium" tyres are the "Mittel" tyres and the "Mittel" are the "Intermediates". The soft and hard tyres should be named right.

For the names, i think they aren't specifically named GT3-Soft Slicks ord LMP2-Soft Slicks because you can use the strategy for more than one class.

Why isn't this known issue mentioned in the Known Issues (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-29-09) Thread?

mr_serious
01-10-2015, 11:23

Actually not always softs.

I was in a quick race weekend with the weather set to random, after 5 laps or so the rain had stopped and looked like it was going to stay stopped. When trying to change to slicks, it kept putting me on rain tyres. I tried 3 times in a row. In a different session I set change tyres to 'no' and it still changed the tyres.

OctoberDusk06
02-10-2015, 15:38
Actually not always softs.

I was in a quick race weekend with the weather set to random, after 5 laps or so the rain had stopped and looked like it was going to stay stopped. When trying to change to slicks, it kept putting me on rain tyres. I tried 3 times in a row. In a different session I set change tyres to 'no' and it still changed the tyres.

I see this has been labeled a "known issue" but is still not appearing on that list with the same name. Is this in fact a known issue? If so, so you always get soft tires on all platforms even though they say "medium" or something other than soft. Is this in dry weather only? You seem to get rain tires in the wet if I were to go simply on feel.

sgohsixthree
02-10-2015, 22:20
+1. Would like some distinction between a mod saying it's a known issue and a dev acknowledging it as such. Please.

lembi2001
02-10-2015, 23:30
This has been acknowledged as a known issue already. Please calm down

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39388-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-4-0-Release-Notes/page3&p=1122132#post1122132

artao
03-10-2015, 17:57
Frankly, I think the whole in-game pit interface is a a mess. Clunky and inefficient.
If one has damaged the car, for instance, and wants to pit early to fix just, say, the front aero and/or suspension damage, leave the tires, and top-off the fuel (of course, always -- unless it's the very end of the race and you want a lighter car)
... but then, regardless what pit options you choose, pit times always seem to be about the same, which sucks. specifically damage times don't seem to matter.
Right now it's clunky to do such things unless you've pre-set-up a slew of various pit- settings tho choose from.