PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Livery Pack

ewa
24-09-2015, 20:23
Missing this DLC on Steam. For a short Time it was offered for 3,49 EUR.218930

MrSniperPhil
24-09-2015, 21:10
A little more Patience :)
Will be out when the steam store updates probably...

Plage
24-09-2015, 21:19
So, we should pay to drive around with Logitech skins? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Strange world...

cluck
24-09-2015, 21:25
So, we should pay to drive around with Logitech skins? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Strange world...So you'd not buy a motorsport shirt that had sponsor logos on it because, in your opinion, the sponsors should be paying you to wear the shirt?

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy this DLC if they don't want to. It adds a bit of extra variety to the liveries we already have and, for some people, that's worth the small amount of money being asked for :).

EDIT : And as I posted earlier, in another thread, I'll be buying it primarily to support SMS. I doubt I'll ever even glance at the liveries - especially as I drive in cockpit view for 99.99% of the time - but I appreciate the amount of effort that goes into creating them :).

Schnizz58
24-09-2015, 21:37
So, we should pay to drive around with Logitech skins? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Strange world...
I see people walking around all the time with Aeropostale and VS Pink clothes on. Pretty sure they paid for those too.

Plage
24-09-2015, 21:55
So you'd not buy a motorsport shirt that had sponsor logos on it because, in your opinion, the sponsors should be paying you to wear the shirt?

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy this DLC if they don't want to. It adds a bit of extra variety to the liveries we already have and, for some people, that's worth the small amount of money being asked for :).

EDIT : And as I posted earlier, in another thread, I'll be buying it primarily to support SMS. I doubt I'll ever even glance at the liveries - especially as I drive in cockpit view for 99.99% of the time - but I appreciate the amount of effort that goes into creating them :).

I'd say that's something different as these sponsor logos are what makes the clothing authentic. Besides that I'm not against livery packs in general even with RL sponsors but in this case I think this should be a free give away by SMS and/or Logitech.

Gordon
24-09-2015, 22:06
People are paying for the appearance, not the priviledge of being a mobile advert. :P

Having said that, I certainly won't pay to be a billboard, the sole exception ever being a pCARS t shirt. :)

Vennt
24-09-2015, 22:11
I'd say that's something different as these sponsor logos are what makes the clothing authentic. Besides that I'm not against livery packs in general even with RL sponsors but in this case I think this should be a free give away by SMS and/or Logitech.

It was a free giveaway, for those that pre-ordered the Logtech G29 or G920 (http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/get-exclusive-cloud-9-and-team-solomid-car-liveries)

Either it's brief appearance on the store was a mistake, or they are now going to sell or give the pack away via DLC.

cluck
24-09-2015, 22:12
EDIT : Ninja'd hard by Vennt (that will teach me to type more quickly in future :D)

They were a free giveaway....if you pre-ordered one of Logitech's two new wheels, before they were released. It is quite possible that SMS received nothing from Logitech for those liveries and that's why they are asking a small amount of money for them. It is also possible that Logitech gave them a sackful of cash. I honestly have no idea but I know that if that price was indeed correct for that livery pack and not a cock-up (we do have a car pack about to be released so it is just possible that the wrong DLC pack appeared), then I'll still be buying it to support SMS, sponsored content or not :).

Plage
24-09-2015, 22:15
Now this would make sense but then it should be and stay exclusive.

cluck
24-09-2015, 22:27
Now this would make sense but then it should be and stay exclusive.In the world of computer games, there is rarely anything that is ever truly 'exclusive' in the sense that most people think of that word. 'Exclusive' almost always translates as "you have exclusive access to this for a limited period of time". It might well be that it becomes a paid-for product after that 'exclusive period' has passed, or it might be released for free, but that is the choice of the developer and/or publisher.

As vent mentioned, and I echoed, it is possible that the livery pack appeared by mistake in place of the correct DLC. As such, it's probably best now if we all just wait and see :).

Mr.Smoke
24-09-2015, 22:39
Love my Logitech liveries!!

FS7
24-09-2015, 22:41
Why should I pay for a Logitech livery pack when I got 2 livery packs by SMS for free?
Iirc there's 4 more free livery packs coming, I don't mind paying for DLC cars & tracks if the content is good and the price is reasonable but paying for a livery pack seems dumb to me.

Vennt
24-09-2015, 23:07
Why should I pay for a Logitech livery pack when I got 2 livery packs by SMS for free?
Iirc there's 4 more free livery packs coming, I don't mind paying for DLC cars & tracks if the content is good and the price is reasonable but paying for a livery pack seems dumb to me.

That's the great thing about optional DLC, those that don't find it dumb have the option of purchasing, those that do can manage without. :)

Cheesenium
25-09-2015, 04:56

The Logitech livery pack was supposed to be for the new G29 wheel owners.

I think the store made a mistake and listed the liveries for sale.

NemethR
25-09-2015, 06:27

You pay, to suppport the developers (just as I did), and maybe those 3.49 EUR will make it possible to implement a feature you wish the game had.

At leat that was why I bought it. I don't really care about the liveries.

After all, you don't have to buy those, and you will get a lot more for free.

Plage
25-09-2015, 09:24
Maybe you can ask SMS for their bank details and simply transfer 50 bucks to them monthly. Maybe that will make it possible to implement a feature...jaddajaddablah.

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2015, 10:00

Maybe the SMS artists who produced these skins did not work for free, on skins that were not promised to come with the default retail product? ;)

NemethR
25-09-2015, 10:09
The Logitech livery pack was supposed to be for the new G29 wheel owners.

I think the store made a mistake and listed the liveries for sale.

That is what I think too.

marcelo carbon
25-09-2015, 13:24
It is being sold yesterday for about $ 2.00, but in less than five minutes removed from the steam.

NemethR
25-09-2015, 15:05
It is being sold yesterday for about $ 2.00, but in less than five minutes removed from the steam.

Yea, I was lucky enough to get one :)

Vit7
25-09-2015, 15:14
You pay, to suppport the developers (just as I did), and maybe those 3.49 EUR will make it possible to implement a feature you wish the game had.

At leat that was why I bought it. I don't really care about the liveries.

After all, you don't have to buy those, and you will get a lot more for free.

i'm be happy to pay 3.49 for DLC which simply:

1. Move custom/player livery under "my document/pcars" folder and extend it to 3 (or 5 ?)
2. Keep livery i choose for my car until i'm change it myself.

It's Not Too Much Too Ask...

NemethR
25-09-2015, 16:53
i'm be happy to pay 3.49 for DLC which simply:

1. Move custom/player livery under "my document/pcars" folder and extend it to 3 (or 5 ?)
2. Keep livery i choose for my car until i'm change it myself.

It's Not Too Much Too Ask...

You quoted me, and still myssed the point:
"After all, you don't have to buy those..."

Vit7
25-09-2015, 18:12
You quoted me, and still myssed the point:
"After all, you don't have to buy those..."
i don't ... but i will. For the same point you did. So no, i don't miss your point.

NemethR
25-09-2015, 18:19
i don't ... but i will. For the same point you did. So no, i don't miss your point.

Ohh, then I missed yours :)
My mistake.