PDA

View Full Version : cant change video settings anymore help

turbohondaej1
25-09-2015, 02:32
Okay so I recently got a good deal on a 290x and decided to buy it. Okay so I haven't used my computer in awhile when I installed this and the new power supply so it had to update my game I think I was still on patch 2.5. any way after i installed the 15.7 AMD ccc the AMD gaming app started and I just hit the optimize button for the game. Well I think the settings are to high now I tried changing a few things mainly smaa and it says to restart the game so I do that 5 times and its still stuck on ultra and I've tried a few other settings as well but nothing sticks except for post effects. I'm on windows 10 pro and this is the first time I have ever had an issue with this I'm hoping someone else has seen this before any help would be awesome.

thanks

Pesimoes
25-09-2015, 02:35
hi turbo !

try to change the options by the INI arquive on your Documents folder

turbohondaej1
25-09-2015, 02:39
hi turbo !

try to change the options by the INI arquive on your Documents folder

How will I know it worked in the game will it show as ultra still?

turbohondaej1
25-09-2015, 02:44
Also every video option has tru="Fct" what should I change it to?

turbohondaej1
25-09-2015, 02:45
This may sound like a stupid question but what if I just delete the whole ini file will it make a new one?

MISTER WU
25-09-2015, 03:31
yes it will

BullWinkle
25-09-2015, 11:20
This may sound like a stupid question but what if I just delete the whole ini file will it make a new one?

Yes. Delete the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file (C:\Users\you\Documents\Project CARS) . It will re-make itself next startup of pCars, then redo your graphics settings ingame.:)

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2015, 11:47
As far as I'm aware, none of the three "optimised" settings suggested by Raptr have any scientific basis.

For example, look at the settings it suggests for "performance." Why would it suggest "ultra" car detail and reflections if I was looking for framerate above image quality? Reflections on "medium" is bad enough for my pc, "ultra" brings my pc to its knees!;)

GTsimms
25-09-2015, 11:54
The best thing is uninstall raptr, it has screwed up a lot of games

turbohondaej1
25-09-2015, 15:48
Yes. Delete the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file (C:\Users\you\Documents\Project CARS) . It will re-make itself next startup of pCars, then redo your graphics settings ingame.:)

I did that but now its stuck on default settings. Also I can't find the new file now. Also I had 4 different files of graphicsconfigdx11.xml I'm going to delete raptor and reinstall all drivers again just to be sure.

GTsimms
25-09-2015, 17:10
If you reinstall drivers, you will need to uninstall raptr/gaming evolved again