PDA

View Full Version : Question for Xbox preview members.

Lukeymonster
25-09-2015, 02:35
I'm curious. Since the new Xbox experience is supposed to be much more efficient, does this lessen or completely negate the audio glitch?

I'm experiencing this in many new games pushing what the system. Pcars, mgs5 and the witcher 3 all have the same audio glitch for me. Mgs 5 is way worse because you lose control and snake keeps moving until the glitch is over. Some games it's just a light audio crackling.

Anyway I'm just curious to see if any of you have seen any improvements.

STEELJOCKEY
25-09-2015, 02:39
Hasn't come thru for me yet, so don't know, but should come with DX12 and hopefully that will bring some improvements

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 04:10
Nope, no difference in that matter yet, I guess the developers need to update their SDK/Framework and learn how to solve the problem. And that is based in the supposition that the devs already have the new SDK, which only them can confirm.

STEELJOCKEY
25-09-2015, 04:55
I did read somewhere SMS were looking at improvements that they could make with DX12, so they must have it

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 05:02
I did read somewhere SMS were looking at improvements that they could make with DX12, so they must have it

Actually they said that the new SDK would help solve the sound glitch problem. The problem is caused by the sharing of the seventh core with the system. Every time the xbox system requests processing the game audio take a hit. I've managed to reduce the problem disabling the system notifications and quiting everything else before play project cars. Some friends reported that it helps in Metal Gear and The witcher 3 too, since it's the same issue.

Schnizz58
25-09-2015, 14:46
They also said it would take a lot of refactoring to get it to work with DX12 and they weren't sure that it would be worth it. They were looking into supporting DX12 but made no commitments to do so.

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 15:18
They also said it would take a lot of refactoring to get it to work with DX12 and they weren't sure that it would be worth it. They were looking into supporting DX12 but made no commitments to do so.

Yep, and dx12 could help with the sound issue, but I really think the sdk is going to carry a lot more impact on it.

beetes_juice
25-09-2015, 15:31
Actually they said that the new SDK would help solve the sound glitch problem. The problem is caused by the sharing of the seventh core with the system. Every time the xbox system requests processing the game audio take a hit. I've managed to reduce the problem disabling the system notifications and quiting everything else before play project cars. Some friends reported that it helps in Metal Gear and The witcher 3 too, since it's the same issue.

The rare time I do have the audio glitch its when I do a game clip.

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 15:43
The rare time I do have the audio glitch its when I do a game clip.

Same here, that's because side tasks run in the seventh core also. I kind of compromise letting the game dvr running, but if it is closed the audio glitch rarely happens.

nissan4ever
25-09-2015, 16:22
Nope, no difference in that matter yet

You already got the new experience dashboard? I haven't gotten it yet.

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 16:26
You already got the new experience dashboard? I haven't gotten it yet.

yep

Flat_out
25-09-2015, 17:29
Still waiting on it too :(

Strydervip
25-09-2015, 18:11
Me too! Pending on both of my xb1! It's driving me crazy! Checking it 3 to 4 times daily lol!

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 18:13
Me too! Pending on both of my xb1! It's driving me crazy! Checking it 3 to 4 times daily lol!

You will receive an update prior the enrollment. It was like that for me at least. But it's being released in waves, most active members first.

nissan4ever
25-09-2015, 18:34
You will receive an update prior the enrollment. It was like that for me at least. But it's being released in waves, most active members first.

How do you like it thus far?

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 18:36
How do you like it thus far?

Loving it, way way way faster, stable and gorgeous. Some areas still wearing the old design, but it will probably be updated soon.

nissan4ever
25-09-2015, 19:07
Good to hear.

Lukeymonster
25-09-2015, 22:56
Thanks for the updates. I'm excited to get it next month.

For kicks I started a Twitter chat with Xbox support last night to ask if the new experience would help alleviate the audio issues within many new games. They just kept acting like I was grabbing at straws and told me that they can find no information on the internet pointing to Xbox owners experiencing audio stuttering or any conversations related to the 7th core. They then asked me to post links to these "conversations" happening in various forums. I told them that Google works the same for them as it does for me and that a simple search on the topic for any of these games turns up numerous discussions. I ended by asking if it isn't a known issue why did they just release a firmware update focused on audio issues. They stopped talking to me then. Haaaa

TMoney
25-09-2015, 23:41
I think SMS said DX12 would require a lot of code to be re-written and so there's no plans on doing so with pCARS since it would likely introduce hundreds of more bugs. They will however drop DX9 support and go DX12 for pCARS2.

So both consoles will get the benefits of DX12 too, or just XB? That's awesome though I'm sure developers can take things up another level going forward especially with xbox which seems to struggle at times vs ps4 .

nissan4ever
26-09-2015, 02:02
TMoney

DX12 = Windows 10/Xbox One/PC

Not Playstation

Lukeymonster
26-09-2015, 02:51
Yeah I heard that they would have to actually implement dx12 within their own game. I was just wondering that if Xbox one processes are cutting into the 7th core and causing the glitching, would a "lighter" more efficient operating system alleviate some of that pressure.

Keep in mind I know very little about software development so thats where this curisoity comes from. Someone above stated that it has not made a difference so that may be my answer.

TheReaper GT
26-09-2015, 03:20
Yes it is, half of the core power is used for side tasks like party chat, game DVR, messages, snap, notifications and such. The other half is what the publishers are using and when the system overload his half, he kind of invades the games half.

nissan4ever
26-09-2015, 05:12
On the plus side, Project CARS 2 will take advantage of DX12 & get that additional 6-8% performance increase on Xbox One :)

Olijke Poffer
26-09-2015, 07:22
Don't know if I will buy Pcars 2.. Looking forward to the Xbox update though. Still nothing atm. Check on a daily basis. Lol.