PDA

View Full Version : Project Morpheous Good news by the looks Pcars in games List

SUBGTRACER
25-09-2015, 03:09
http://www.wareable.com/project-morpheus/sony-project-morpheus-release-date-price-games

Tuesday

September 15, 2015

By Paul Lamkin

@paullamkin



First demoed at last year's GDC, Sony's Project Morpheus now has an official name - PlayStation VR.

The VR headset has the tech and gaming communities all a quiver as it, along with rivals like the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive, points towards a huge shift in the way video games are played and a massive virtual reality revolution.

And, at GDC 2015 we finally got the launch date news we were after...it's hitting the shops in 2016.

Hands-on: PlayStation VR review

But what do we know of Sony's VR gaming headset? How much will the headset cost and what games will you be able to play on it?

Read on to find out everything we know....

PlayStation VR: Release date and price

At GDC 2015 Sony unveiled a completely updated design of Project Morpheus. While it's a hand-built one-off it gives a better idea of what consumers can expect from the unit.

In a blog post, Shuhei Yoshida, president of SCE Worldwide Studios, said, "Our goal with VR is to deliver a sense of presence, making the player feel as though they've stepped inside the world of a game. The new Project Morpheus prototype brings us closer to that goal, as it improves the visual experience and tracking accuracy, both of which are critical to achieving sense of presence."

Sony has given us a rather vague release date for PlayStation VR: the first half of 2016. In an interview with Gizmodo, Yoshida said that a more precise timing could be nailed down once Sony is certain of the technical specifications.

There's still no word on the cost of PlayStation VR, but Yoshida told Gizmodo that "this is a console product so we like to provide our hardware at as low price as we can do."

PlayStation VR: Design

Project Morpheus games

This is a list of the PS4 games that are Morpheus compatible, along with the games in development that will also work with the VR headset.
• Among The Sleep (Krillbite Studio)
• The Assembly (nDreams)

• The Castle (SCE)

• Cult County (Renegade Kid)

• The Deep (SCE London Studio)

• Eve Valkyrie (CCP Games)

•Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix)
• Five Nights at Freddy's 2 (Scottgames)

• Jurassic Encounter (Supermassive Games)

• Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (Steel Crate)

• London Heist (SCE London Studios)

• Magic Controller (SCE)

• Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios)

• Q.U.B.E² (Toxic Games)

•Shadow of the Beast (Heavy Spectrum)
• Street Luge (SCE London Studios)

• Surgeon Simulator (Bossa Studios)

• Summer Lesson (Katsuhiro Harada)

• Thief (Eidos Montrιal)

• The Toybox (SCE)

• War Thunder (Gaijin Entertainment)

The 2015 Project Morpheus model keeps its predecessor's Full HD 1920 x 1080 display, but ups it from 5-inches to 5.7-inches, which gives a 100-degree field of vision. It also features RGB subpixels, which help smooth out the image.

A more important upgrade here is to the refresh rate, which runs at a 120Hz instead of 60Hz - higher than both the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive's 90Hz. Early games won't natively run at 120 FPS - instead the PlayStation4's reprojection software will add an extra "tween" every frame to make it feel like they are, but the overall experience should be silky-smooth.

Another contender? Xbox One VR headset rumours and news

Other additions include an upgrade of the number of head-tracking LEDs on the unit from six to nine, and a halving of latency times, which combine to make lag a thing of the past.

The headset itself is said to be comfortable, with the majority of the unit's weight resting on the top of your head, and it's even usable when you're wearing glasses. A quick-release button makes it easy to get on and off, and it's the only VR headset we've seen so far which doesn't look like a climbing accessory

hkraft300
25-09-2015, 10:19
Thief with PSVR omg :eek:

So how about them PC guys with triple screens... :p

PureMalt77
25-09-2015, 12:17
Thief with PSVR omg :eek:

So how about them PC guys with triple screens... :p

Well, the PC guys already have Oculus Rift! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to this, will be a hell of an experience.
The only thing that stikes me a bit will be using this with a wheel, as we will lose visual contact to the buttons, not to mention all keys I've mapped into my keyboard!

Vennt
25-09-2015, 12:41
Well, the PC guys already have Oculus Rift! :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to this, will be a hell of an experience.
The only thing that stikes me a bit will be using this with a wheel, as we will lose visual contact to the buttons, not to mention all keys I've mapped into my keyboard!

I've been trying to think of a solution to this myself.

I think someone will need to knock up an app and bit of hardware that takes voice commands (on PC) and uses that to output keyboard presses to the PS4. Fairly easy to do in principle.

Mr.Smoke
25-09-2015, 17:39
What about wearing it with a headset? Would be awesome if it had one built in!

Buttons i can find without looking. Ive been doing that for a while now. Wearing a headset similar to the PS gold's might be out of the question.

Edit: after looking at the pics in the article, it looks like a headset wont be an issue afterall.

Feetabix
25-09-2015, 19:05
Any idea of cost?......