PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Round 15: Clio Cup / Silverstone GP - [Once again, cheating using the pitlane!]

Yinato
25-09-2015, 14:18
Hello to all,

Round 15 of the SMS-R championship featuring the Clio Cup on the Silverstone GP circuit has officially started.

I would like everyone to know that, on Playstation 4, nearly all of the top 10 laps use the pits entrance at the end of their lap to achieve a gain of about 3 to 4 seconds.

It is not the first time this happens and it is therefore a shame to have to report this again.

Here is a video showing this cheating technique:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbfIsehyKOM

I am afraid that the top 20 could soon be filled with cheaters.

- Is there a possibility that the event will be postponed?

- Can we take part in the event without having to fear this?

Many thanks in advance to the staff.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

ibby
25-09-2015, 14:49
The ghosts will be reviewed anyway so why do people even do this ?
They'll all get no points.

havocc
25-09-2015, 16:59
The ghosts will be reviewed anyway so why do people even do this ?
Idiots will be idiots, hopefully some day we'll see some nice ban...

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-09-2015, 12:20
Idiots will be idiots, hopefully some day we'll see some nice ban...

No, hopefully some day we'll see the game not validating laps in the pit lane.

The people who have gone into the pits, have NOT cheated. They have set a valid lap as far as the game is concerned. That's the bit that's wrong.

havocc
26-09-2015, 12:52
No, hopefully some day we'll see the game not validating laps in the pit lane.

The people who have gone into the pits, have NOT cheated. They have set a valid lap as far as the game is concerned. That's the bit that's wrong.

I can tell you that in other games abusing a bug to gain advantage even without altering game files is punished, look at how many "guilds" (not single players, entire guilds) have been banned for exploiting in wow http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/wow-archivist-a-raid-exploit-compendium-part-2/

obviously they fixed the bugs later...

Blunt RS
26-09-2015, 14:11
Thankyou for the headups Anthony.
Was planning on entering my first race online in this event but not anymore. Just checked on XB1 and saddens me to see this on their aswell. If their willing to do this before the race, what are they willing to do dureing the race.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-09-2015, 14:13
Thankyou for the headups Anthony.
Was planning on entering my first race online in this event but not anymore. Just checked on XB1 and saddens me to see this on their aswell. If their willing to do this before the race, what are they willing to do dureing the race.

This doesn't work during qualifying or a race. Only in TT or community events.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-09-2015, 14:29
I can tell you that in other games abusing a bug to gain advantage even without altering game files is punished, look at how many "guilds" (not single players, entire guilds) have been banned for exploiting in wow http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/31/wow-archivist-a-raid-exploit-compendium-part-2/

obviously they fixed the bugs later...

In my experience of racing games and competitions, the players are given the environment. Wall Riding and bouncing and corner cutting occurs. If the game doesn't invalidate at the time, then it counts.

I know it's not going to count towards the players overall points in the SMS-R Champ, but I doubt many players competing in the community challenges really care about overall points, or even know that their times will be disregarded.

If your not fast enough to get in the top3 every time, do you care about the points? I know I don't. I don't even know where to see how many points I or anyone else has. Its not in the game anywhere. Most people are just trying to get their name as high up the list as they can. The game allows them to drive though the pits and miss the last few turns, so its no surprise people are doing it. Its been possible to do this since the game was released.

Until your lap is invalidated the instant you enter the pit lane, some people will do this on every Silverstone event.

Blunt RS
26-09-2015, 15:35
Thankyou for the info RTA. As above this is the reason i gave up racing online in fm4 back then i had multiscreen.
Since the launch of project cars ive been working on my technique with single screen which i find alot harder and tuneing which i never got in in fm
I guess i was hoping with all the features of the game this sort of thing wouldnt happen.
Am not the fastest on the track but try to be clean i say try cause its racing and mistakes happens. Just like to have a level playing with like minded racers.
But i guess if some can cheat thier gonna cheat what ever game devoplers do to try and stop it.

Fabian Baumgarten
26-09-2015, 16:04
same with PC players. but its quite easy to see, who has used pit entry and who not. just look at pCARS leaderboard (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=38) an watch out for sector 3 times. everyone who got a time faster than 41.0 uses the pit entry for sure. i managed to get a 2:20.9 withou using the pit entry. for sure i'm not the fatest guy here, so there may be faster times possible. but without using pit entry, i would doubt that anyone gets quicker than 2:20

btw...is it still possible to turn on driving aids during hotlap? beacause the leaderboard says i used ABS during my hotlap, but i didn't!

havocc
26-09-2015, 17:11
Here are top 3 pc, pure skill no doubt 219032

Gibbon
27-09-2015, 08:52
Did a few laps following f1 -massa yesterday then saw all these faster times popup. Chased one round and he pops into the pitlane. That's been happening for twenty years but I was still surprised it was around. Next lap I pottered round and did it myself. And gained 4 seconds. Just drove straight in. Things like that and the meta game of having to setup your controller put shift 2 back in the box 3 years ago. Plus ca change.

One can re hash the arguments about sim vs arcade as much as you like but stuff like that, knowing I have to tune the controller for every class, possibly even certain cars as well as having to tune the car itself and get good enough to notice the difference is off putting. Forza 2, 3 and four may have been arcade but there wasn't half a second hidden in my controller setup and after a few years of practice I was rewarded with speed.

That and pm'ing someone who was paid to do it for a living that he had been beaten by a dribbling old man. (he then found 2 tenths from somewhere and sent me the tune. Complete sweetheart but I could throttle him, even three years later.)

TL; DR: This is still happening after twenty years? Really? Can I just have a car game that works and rewards practice and the use of my brain?

Jacko
27-09-2015, 20:33
same with PC players. but its quite easy to see, who has used pit entry and who not. just look at pCARS leaderboard (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=38) an watch out for sector 3 times. everyone who got a time faster than 41.0 uses the pit entry for sure. i managed to get a 2:20.9 withou using the pit entry. for sure i'm not the fatest guy here, so there may be faster times possible. but without using pit entry, i would doubt that anyone gets quicker than 2:20

btw...is it still possible to turn on driving aids during hotlap? beacause the leaderboard says i used ABS during my hotlap, but i didn't!

There seems to be so much cheating in the game, lots of impossible times on the leaderboard, surely it would be a simple task to have these auto removed.
And it would be nice to see some of these pathetic cheating kids (and exploiters of the pit lane etc) being banned.

Not much point in taking part in any of the events or time trials as most of the top times are cheated :(

Joseph Barron
28-09-2015, 16:14
Unfortunately, due to the majority of the fastest times in this event being set by exploiting the pit lane entrance, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel Round 15 of the SMS-R Driver Network Championship: Touring at Silverstone.

Round 15 will be re-run at a later date using the same car, but at a different circuit.

This does not effect Round 16: Formula A at Sakitto, the results of which will go ahead as originally planned.

N0body Of The Goat
28-09-2015, 16:23
Unfortunately, due to the majority of the fastest times in this event being set by exploiting the pit lane entrance, we have taken the difficult decision to cancel Round 15 of the SMS-R Driver Network Championship: Touring at Silverstone.

Round 15 will be re-run at a later date using the same car, but at a different circuit.

This does not effect Round 16: Formula A at Sakitto, the results of which will go ahead as originally planned.

The consequences of exploiting tracks in community events has been public for some time...

Post a time with your car outside the track defining white lines and your time/entry will be voided by SMS.

Removing the cheaters is not going to benefit me much (only ever made a top 20 position in the Spa event, IIRC), I only participated with a default setup Clio, but I feel those top drivers who posted legit times without using the pit lane exploit should get their deserved championship points.

If this event really has to be re-run, I feel those who deliberately used this pit lane exploit should be excluded from the re-run.

Kevin Leaune
28-09-2015, 16:50
Modif

Yinato
28-09-2015, 17:03
Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your information, this is appreciable.

I think for perfect fairness, it would be better to postpone the current two rounds at a previous time.

The reason is that some players have gone all weekend on the round with the Clio and now have more than their Monday to set the Formula A and run in the race, which is a bit unfair compared to those have decided to focus on Formula A.

Know that this is just my simple opinion and that I will respect all decisions made by the staff.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Kevin Leaune
28-09-2015, 17:19
Thank you for this information.

A good decision ! ;)

Best regards
Kevin - SoniK

Roger Prynne
28-09-2015, 19:36
Confirmed and passed onto the Devs.

Thanks.

RTA nOsKiLlS
30-09-2015, 13:21

Why did I bother to keep to the track then?

Please just make the pit lane, invalidate the lap.

Joseph Barron
30-09-2015, 13:25

That requires a change to be included in the next game update, which is why this event is cancelled for now and will be re-run at a later date.

RTA nOsKiLlS
30-09-2015, 13:43
That requires a change to be included in the next game update, which is why this event is cancelled for now and will be re-run at a later date.

Awesome!

Thanks for the info. At least now we know its fixed in a coming update.

Its just kind of deflating to hear the round was cancelled because too many people used the pit lane. Its just another reason why the game needs to decide instantly whats clean and whats not. Save some time for you guys to work on the game, rather than work out who's laps are valid or not.

Thanks for the reply. :)

havocc
30-09-2015, 13:48

Track list:

Silverstone National
Silverstone GP
Silverstone Stowe
Silverstone Pit Lane