PDA

View Full Version : Weather setup Help Dry - Rain-Dry

dannydizzal
25-09-2015, 17:06
need for a 10-15 lap race, changing conditions and need to pit for wets, whats the settings i need for time progression and weather slots?
ts

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 17:08
depends on track lenght, each slot is supposed to be one hour (so I've heard), than you can use the weather acceleration slider to calibrate it to the race lenght.

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2015, 17:42
If it was Spa with the Formula A, I would do...
3 slots (dry> rain> dry)
"Sync to race" weather progression

You can set time progression to whatever you like, it will simply alter the daylight/shadow levels*, not the weather itself. ;)

* Edit: The date/ time/ time progression will change the air and track temp, changing the tyre grip levels.

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 17:57
If it was Spa with the Formula A, I would do...
3 slots (dry> rain> dry)

You can set time progression to whatever you like, it will simply alter the daylight/shadow levels, not the weather itself. ;)

It actually does, if you don't set time progression and select sync to race the weather doesn't change. It takes about an hour to change slots that way.

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2015, 18:06
It actually does, if you don't set time progression and select sync to race the weather doesn't change. It takes about an hour to change slots that way.

Really? That does not sound right.

I will check this out later this evening and report back.

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 18:10
Really? That does not sound right.

I will check this out later this evening and report back.

Yep, I think it's a mislabled (wut?) slider, should say Sync with time progression.

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2015, 19:11
Using my pc patch 4.0 build (and a fresh profile), I set...
Quick Race Weekend
3 slots (clear> thunderstorm> heavy fog)
Race date
"real time" time progression
Silverstone National
Audi R8 V10 Plus
19 AI
3 lap race
I started in last position

It began clear, started raining as approached Brooklands at the end of lap1 (in ~18th place), rain stopped and it became foggy as I exited Luffield towards the end of lap 2. Race finished in crazy thick fog.

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 19:21
But you have real time progression, without progression the weather will not change.

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2015, 20:19
But you have real time progression, without progression the weather will not change.

Just repeated test with...
Time progression "off"
1300 start
Formula A
clear> thunderstorm> hazy

Clear blue sky at start, Started raining around Brooklands towards end of lap1, stopped raining just before start/finish line of lap2 (I was in last place by some way after a slippy lap2 with slicks) and race finished under a very hazy sky.

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 20:28
Just repeated test with...
Time progression "off"
1300 start
Formula A
clear> thunderstorm> hazy

Clear blue sky at start, Started raining around Brooklands towards end of lap1, stopped raining just before start/finish line of lap2 (I was in last place by some way after a slippy lap2 with slicks) and race finished under a very hazy sky.

That's awesome to know, would you be kind and throw a qualify session in that setup? Because it just didn't work that way on my xbox.

lvj02
26-09-2015, 02:15
Thunder storm first of course or it will start you off with slicks then you'll be screwed once you drive into the rain, heavy fog next, thunder storm again and last medium cloud. Weather progression 25. This will let you keep your wet tires the duration of the race and maintain good grip the weather will start to over lap one another after the first lap making the race track experience different weather patterns I like this setting you probably will to. Start time 13:00 with real time for a day race or if you want night and day set it to time progression 20/25ish. Enjoy if you want to give it a try.

N0body Of The Goat
26-09-2015, 18:02
That's awesome to know, would you be kind and throw a qualify session in that setup? Because it just didn't work that way on my xbox.

You might be onto something here, about "sync to race" weather not working when there is a qualifying session.

I repeated last night's Formula A test, but with a 5min qual session and the weather stayed clear for all qual and all race.

It will probably be tomorrow, but I shall repeat this test, moving through all the pre-race session options (to confirm any pre-race session messes up "sync to race" weather).

TheReaper GT
27-09-2015, 00:00
You might be onto something here, about "sync to race" weather not working when there is a qualifying session.

I repeated last night's Formula A test, but with a 5min qual session and the weather stayed clear for all qual and all race.

It will probably be tomorrow, but I shall repeat this test, moving through all the pre-race session options (to confirm any pre-race session messes up "sync to race" weather).

Yep, any pre race messes the weather and if you restart the session for any reason the time some time progression stops too.

N0body Of The Goat
27-09-2015, 10:17
Same config as previous, but with just 5mins warmup before the 3-lap race...

"Sync to race" weather works during the race (it stayed "clear" during warmup)

In the dry warmup, the AI had wet weather tyres fitted, I was automatically given soft slicks

At the race start, the AI still had rain tyres fitted

Now if I do this test going straight to the race (with no pre-race sessions), I am given soft slicks at the race start, with a warmup I am automatically given rain tyres for the race start (which is what I want, lap 2 in "thunderstorm" is very tricky with dry slicks and the race is not long enough to destroy wet tyres during the dry laps).

Does the above happen for others?