PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my car slide more on turns?

seek
25-09-2015, 19:20
I guess I mean like drifting? Do I make the presser of the tires lower or higher? Rain tires?
-Thanks!

DEDDGUY3
25-09-2015, 19:29
goto practice in menu. it starts u on cold tires, but its like someone put oil on ur back tires.

Fre.Mo
25-09-2015, 19:30
You need to increase the oversteer behaviour of your car. To this end you can lower the downforce on the rear, increase rear sway bar or spring stiffness but I don t know the bump and rebound configuration...

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 19:33
Overstep rear tire pressure, stiffer rear suspension, low fat down force.

havocc
25-09-2015, 19:36
Hard tyres on the rear, brake balance to the rear, weight balance to the rear, differential lock to 0 and disable stability control on cars who have it

aerchak
25-09-2015, 19:37
Push the middle pedal later, push the skinny pedal harder, and learn to counter steer.

Or in two words: Very carefully.

Mahjik
25-09-2015, 19:37
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23713-Drift-setup-and-tuning

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 19:43
Hard tyres on the rear, brake balance to the rear, weight balance to the rear, differential lock to 0 and disable stability control on cars who have it

Dif lock to 0? It would prevent torque oversteer, the opposite of what he wants.

tclancey
25-09-2015, 19:49
On a dry track go out on wet tyres. On a wet track go out on slicks!

Black_Gold_Saw
25-09-2015, 19:55
use RUF yellowbird, nuff sliding on that puppy

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-09-2015, 21:09
Increase diff acc and preload at least, possibly dec as well so that the change isn't as abrupt. Good rear damping is vital for easy drifting, you don't want wild fluctuations in the rear grip during a slide. Too soft and the rear end will bounce, which fluctuates the grip, too stiff and every small road undulation and driving input will cause a sharp load change on the tyres. For example I found the Mustang GT unnecessarily stiffly damped on the rear, slides started easily but they weren't even nearly as controllable as on many other cars. Adjust the dampers to provide a more supple ride and the car became incredibly stable in slides.

FWIW real professional drift cars ARE NOT SET UP TO OVERSTEER SUPER EASILY. They're most often set up with a slight front bias in the springs, and the damping is well thought through to keep the behavior balanced. A good drift setup is almost identical to a good racing setup. They want the rear end to have a lot of grip so that they can pull of high speeds in a slide. They also use the grippiest tyres legal for their series, usually they're limited to road tyres, many would use racing slicks if they were allowed to (D1GP was won with slicks in the first season). The high amount of horsepower and the super strong (hand)brakes are there to overpower the rear despite the grip, they don't what the rear tyres to give up too soon.

But if you don't have enough power to maintain a slide in the first place you can try dialing in more oversteer. I still suggest that you aim for a SLIGHT oversteer bias, so that the car isn't too twitchy once it gets sliding.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2015, 21:30
goto practice in menu. it starts u on cold tires, but its like someone put oil on ur back tires.

Only on some cars though, for example the GT3 starts on warm tires.