PDA

View Full Version : Career - mandatory pit stop, and AI

NemethR
26-09-2015, 09:08
Hello,

I just did a GT5 race at Silverstone in career mode, where in both cases it went from dry to wet.

I noticed, that the in patch 4.0 introduced shortened pit-stop window is not affecting the AI.
I think this (shorter window) is a great addition to the game, and to the tactics.
Should I stay our 3 more laps with slicks? Should I pit?

But as sait, the Ai pits whenever they want to before or after the pit window.
Most of them pit when the rain starts to fall, and do not pit during the window opening.

Schnizz58
26-09-2015, 14:12
In real-life racing, if it starts to rain the race officials will declare a wet track and that changes the rules. It would be foolish to make everybody continue to race on slicks in the rain. So I don't necessarily see a problem with this. However if it doesn't let you pit for wets when it starts raining then that's a problem.

hookman
26-09-2015, 20:20
This does appear to be a problem.

I had a career race where it started raining, AI all went in the pits so I followed them and changed to wets.

A couple of laps later the "pit window" opened and I was told to pit. I ignored it, and then got disqualified for not pitting in the window.

In the end I had to redo the race and start with intermediates on in the knowledge rain was coming so I could last till the pit window before pitting!

NemethR
26-09-2015, 20:23
In real-life racing, if it starts to rain the race officials will declare a wet track and that changes the rules. It would be foolish to make everybody continue to race on slicks in the rain. So I don't necessarily see a problem with this. However if it doesn't let you pit for wets when it starts raining then that's a problem.

I HAVE to pit during the mandatory window, the AI doesn't

Schnizz58
26-09-2015, 20:32
I HAVE to pit during the mandatory window, the AI doesn't
Yeah then that's a problem.