PDA

View Full Version : Z4 Career Contract

klorptar
26-09-2015, 13:33
Does anyone know if there's a contract available for the Z4 in career mode?

DozUK
26-09-2015, 13:35
Yes, I'm running it now. G3 career

Mr.Smoke
26-09-2015, 13:54
Would be nice if it was available when starting a new career.

Lukeymonster
26-09-2015, 14:17
Can't you just start your career in gt3 and choose that contract?

Mr.Smoke
26-09-2015, 14:18

I dont believe there is a contract offered for the Z4. The only ones ive ever had are the RUF & SLS i think.

klorptar
26-09-2015, 15:26
Yes, I'm running it now. G3 career

What kind of motorsport were you doing before you got the contract offer?

klorptar
26-09-2015, 15:28

Unfortunately, no. The only ones available when you first start are the M3, the SLS, and the RUF I believe.

chig88
27-09-2015, 00:15
Unfortunately, no. The only ones available when you first start are the M3, the SLS, and the RUF I believe.

Kind of annoying that you can't start your career with any car in the class.

Surely that introduces an aspect of gaming that SMS said they wanted to avoid - that of having to 'unlock' cars etc? Why can't we just sign a contract with a series/team & then pick a car from the entry list to race with?

Shinzah
27-09-2015, 00:31
Kind of annoying that you can't start your career with any car in the class.

Surely that introduces an aspect of gaming that SMS said they wanted to avoid - that of having to 'unlock' cars etc? Why can't we just sign a contract with a series/team & then pick a car from the entry list to race with?

The way the game starts career contracts is offer something like two or three contracts, usually something like an arbitrarily "Good, established" team, an arbitrarily "Middle, reasonably competitive" team and an arbitrarily "New" team.

I'm not sure it's actually the same three cars per starting in the career ladder at GT3, I'd need to test it out unless others can confirm. But that's the basis of the way the career starting works in the game, and so that's why there's only three cars on offer at the start of the specific career in that bracket of the tier.

I think it would be nice to have a system more like Ridge Racer Type 4 (and presumeably its successors) where you pick your team from the good/middle/new and pick your car and have that teams specific livery or equivalent applied (or rather pick your team, pick from a good/middle/new race engineer somehow and then pick your car, since there is more than four teams but as far as I can tell, only mixes of the same three arbitrary values in the team principal/engineer).

I have doubts it'll change, mostly because in real motorsport careers you don't really get to chose your car without buy-in or sponsorship, and Project Cars has no "currency" to avoid other more negative aspects of gameplay. So this could well be an intentional design choice where they have given you the chance to start in the career tier you want, but the penalty being you can't specifically select the car you want in it unless you either race your way up the ladder and get that contract or start in another car and get a same tier contract for the one you want.

Edit: To be fair, GT3 is a headache for me with contracts too. I started in FG1000, lost the first championship so ran it again and won. Then went to FC and won asia/pacific and placed second in euro, thinking I would get a GT3 ride for sure and then didn't, I only got a renewal (before the patch) and had the backlog of GT4 offers I already had. So I ran FC USA series and won, and Euro again and won it this time and FINALLY got GT3 offers....but they were for a McLaren and a Bentley....and I want a RUF or an Audi. So ultimately I moved up to Formula B instead.

Cholton82
27-09-2015, 06:57
When racing in GT3 has anyone had a contract offer from another GT3 team at the end of the season ?

klorptar
27-09-2015, 08:14
When racing in GT3 has anyone had a contract offer from another GT3 team at the end of the season ?

I did, but technically it was in the endurance class. After finishing a season with the SLS GT3, I got a contract for an endurance team that was racing the Audi R8 GT3.

Jescott71
27-09-2015, 09:08
You can race the Z4 in career mode. I won the GT4 championship, then got two offers for GT3, and one was the Z4 (which I took).

klorptar
27-09-2015, 09:23

Awesome. That's what I was looking for. I just started a GT4 career. Thanks.

Walther9mm
27-09-2015, 13:56
I have been hoping to get the Z4 contract as well, but no luck. I just got a Vantage GTE contract yesterday. As far as I know the GTE shouldn't be available yet. ;)