PDA

View Full Version : sakitto GP layout?

Fabian Baumgarten
26-09-2015, 16:17
hey there.
i just entered the sakitto GP event with the formula A and i never have seen this kind of layout before. is the normal GP layout (Suzuka) still in the game? i can't find it anymore. is this a layout, which is used in real life, or is this just fictional? i've never seen this before, although i like it ;)
...just wondering...
maybe u guys know a little bit more

Shinzah
26-09-2015, 16:17
It's fictional because Suzuka wasn't licensed.

weerufus
26-09-2015, 17:16
Think they were working on proper Suzuka, licence fell through & they had to change the name & modify some of the track, I love it without the last chicane, 130r then fast right, also the short versions are great.

svenvangent
26-09-2015, 20:43
Sakitto much better .

FS7
27-09-2015, 12:52
Sakitto is ok but I prefer Suzuka, especially the first sector.

NemethR
27-09-2015, 12:56
Sakitto is ok but I prefer Suzuka, especially the first sector.

Yepp me too.
Shame we do not have it... :(

cluck
27-09-2015, 13:06
here we go again :D

Maybe, one day, we will see it but we haven't got it at the moment and, in its place, we have what many - and many don't - consider to be a worthy replacement.

havocc
27-09-2015, 13:10
It's suzuka without slow parts, the hairpin and the last chicane, so from spoon to finish line you go almost full throttle (a little deceleration for 130R for me) and it's incredible...

Roger Prynne
27-09-2015, 14:36
Great track and I love it.

antraxx25
27-09-2015, 16:57
I don't understand if Sakitto is a fictional track what does it want in a simulator game?!
Ok, not so bad,but FICTIONAL,
Suzuka too expensive? Looking for a cheaper but REAL track.
e.g.: Nürburgring 24h because we already have Nürburgring and Nordschleife just should open up and voila Nürburgring 24h

Swinnyjr
27-09-2015, 16:58
Think they were working on proper Suzuka, licence fell through & they had to change the name & modify some of the track, I love it without the last chicane, 130r then fast right, also the short versions are great.

Agreed. I liked Suzuka and this version took out the two corners I don't like, the hairpin and the final chicane. I love it!

Gravit8
27-09-2015, 21:40
It's a decent work around for an unusual situation. Fictional courses are pointless though. Even though I can see why they had to to it for financial reasons.
Kinda sad.
Doesn't bode well for future projects that money matters like this hurting the game already.
Nor does this bode well for SMS/Japanese relations for future Japanese autos.

Shinzah
27-09-2015, 21:43
Because you personally detest something does not define whether or not it holds any value.

There was plenty of points to having Sakitto in the game, and there's plenty of points to have fictional courses in general. In reality, it is not pointless.

Gravit8
27-09-2015, 22:26
Oh hey shinzah. Sup? I don't despise the work around as much as the future implications for funding. ;)

Missed my point you did. As always.
My point is it's only fictional because negotiating financial details didn't work out. Which is not ideal. Nor good for future.
I'm sure the people who built the chicane and hairpin feel like their work was pointless.
That's my point. Most simmers prefer a real world circuit to a made up one anyway. That's my point.
But thanks for stopping by to argue.
It is the only fictional course, and it was not intended to be. IMO.
Besides hwy1. Which no one races.

Roger Prynne
27-09-2015, 22:29
What does it matter whether it's fictional or real?
If it's good fun to race then that's all that matters surely.
Some people take it way to seriously.

Gravit8
27-09-2015, 22:38
To me. I prefer to spend my time as wisely.as possible. Learning a real world circuit that will pay off later is a good use of my time. Just a preference and how most like to use their sim time.
Learning grand valley in gran turismo only helps me in one sim. If I didn't already know those tracks. Wouldn't care if they were in game. Give me real stuff from real life that will be persistent an other sims later.
I concentrate on what's real and will always be around. Unless I learned it a long time ago. Just saying. They provide more incentive

I actually used real racing 3(iPad app) to learn Bathurst. Before I had any other game with Bathurst.

Shinzah
27-09-2015, 22:43
Oh hey shinzah. Sup? I don't despise the work around as much as the future implications for funding. ;)

Missed my point you did. As always.
My point is it's only fictional because negotiating financial details didn't work out. Which is not ideal. Nor good for future.

I didn't miss any point, and as always? I've only ever addressed you twice before. Hardly enough basis for a trend.

I'm sure the people who built the chicane and hairpin feel like their work was pointless.

You mean the same people who modified or created new assets for the fictional version, and whom were paid to do a job and knew fully that they were working on something that hadn't been licensed? I think the art team at SMS is probably quite pleased with Sakitto.

That's my point. Most simmers prefer a real world circuit to a made up one anyway. That's my point.

'Most' Simmers don't care. Vocal simmers care. 'Most' people want to play a game or a sim to have fun. Some simracers prefer real tracks so they can recreate series they enjoy. That's indisputable. To say the majority of everyone who plays the genre have the same preference isn't a factual statement, it's a generalization based on your experience with the genre or your particular peer group.

And this was specifically the point I addressed, so I didn't miss it at all.

Sakitto fills an important hole in the career mode so that some of the championships in the asia/pacific areas actually have enough locales to be viable. It wasn't included simply on the fact it was worked on and nearly completed and then the license wasn't acquired. Lots of content you don't know about was worked on and had nearly completed assets that were not included in the game, and are unlikely to come as DLC.

But thanks for stopping by to argue.

You need to know a core difference between arguing and disagreeing.

I'm not arguing with you. This is not an argument. I'm not trying to convince you of a particular point of view. Whatever your point of view happens to be, there are many others who do not share it. As evidenced by the several posts in the thread of people who enjoy the track quite alot and the distinct lack of people posting to complain about it.

It is the only fictional course, and it was not intended to be. IMO.

Whether it was or wasn't intended to be, it is.

Besides hwy1. Which no one races.

That's not even true.

Gravit8
27-09-2015, 22:53
Because you personally detest something does not define whether or not it holds any value.

There was plenty of points to having Sakitto in the game, and there's plenty of points to have fictional courses in general. In reality, it is not pointless.

Besides a fictional test course. I'd bet this game never has another fictional course. Intentional or not.
only a lack of funding would prompt fictional courses.
I don't think they are striving for fiction. Nor happy with sakitto instead of Suzuka.
That's my point. Still missed it.

Shinzah
27-09-2015, 23:00
Besides a fictional test course. I'd bet this game never has another fictional course. Intentional or not.
only a lack of funding would prompt fictional courses.
I don't think they are striving for fiction. Nor happy with sakitto instead of Suzuka.
That's my point. Still missed it.

I didn't miss it. I disagreed with it. I explicitly defined that in the post above that you either ignored, or decided to re-quote me to re-express your thought that I missed your point somehow.

But since two fictional tracks (including the test track) are confirmed coming for DLC, I personally think you should do more research before you make blanket statements that are so....

https://instagram.com/p/7F507kzBqS/

....Easy to disprove with fact.

https://media.giphy.com/media/R2vQ5QDS13x6g/giphy.gif

You may continue holding your point of view. I don't mind. I find it intriguing to see others struggle to maintain a false reality.

Edit: You can continue to redefine your point over and over. I really don't care. There's nobody here to kick the ball through those goalposts no matter how far you move them.

Gravit8
27-09-2015, 23:04
Oh. Yeah. A fictional point to point in Wales. Yippee.
This will get some homer use. The rest of us will laugh.

Waste of time. IMO. As lame as hwy1.
Go head. Give it away for free. Cause you know no ones buying it.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised someone wanted to virtually tour the Wales hills. Not nearly as cool as the French alps or Matterhorn in gran turismo. Because England has no mountains? Or does it? I hope it's not just some rolling green hills and some pretty scenery.
Meh, there are tourers. And their are racers.

Would have much rather had the isle of Mann course. Would that require a license though?
Give us a bike for it to as dlc and I'm sold. Haha.

Edit: I've had a Google. And 3,000 ft hills hardly make for breathtaking scenery. Meh.

Shinzah
27-09-2015, 23:06
Oh. Yeah. A fictional point to point in Wales. Yippee.
This will get some homer use. The rest of us will laugh.

At least you will be laughing.

Waste of time. IMO. As lame as hwy1.
Go head. Give it away for free. Cause you know no ones buying it.

It's funny, because you know this won't be given away for free. And SMS wouldn't have made it, if the data they had didn't support that it would be well received. Fortunately for us, this game wasn't developed by Gravit8 Studios.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised someone wanted to virtually tour the Wales hills. Not nearly as cool as the French alps or Matterhorn in gran turismo. Because England has no mountains? Or does it? I hope it's not just some rolling green hills and some pretty scenery.
Meh, there are tourers. And their are racers.

Yeah because it's not like there's never been a form of motorsport that ever took place on a road or anything, right? I mean. Silly Welsh. And those silly people who would like to drive this road. Don't they know this isn't real racing?

Have you met that guy, Amik something? I think you two would get along great.

Edit: I just realized. Since when was Scotland, Wales?

yusupov
27-09-2015, 23:28
the equivocation is whats irritating to me. all things being equal, a fake suzuka semi-clone is a lot worse than a licensed suzuka. but all things arent equal.

Shinzah
27-09-2015, 23:30
the equivocation is whats irritating to me. all things being equal, a fake suzuka semi-clone is a lot worse than a licensed suzuka. but all things arent equal.

Nail. Head. Hit.

You get a like and some arbitrary internet points.

Roger Prynne
28-09-2015, 00:37
What's your problem Gravit8, are you looking for an argument?
Please calm yourself down.

cluck
28-09-2015, 08:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c

(I really couldn't resist)

PFalcon
28-09-2015, 13:42
It's really very simple!

Suzuku can't be in the game due to lack of licensing. So the question is whether (fictional) Sakitto > no track at all?

When put this way, the answer it a resounding YES

Knightfall
28-09-2015, 14:20

Yes, and this isn't the first time.

Chiraq
28-09-2015, 19:49
How much does it cost to license a track? I am ready to pay 5 Euros haha

FS7
28-09-2015, 19:56
How much does it cost to license a track? I am ready to pay 5 Euros haha
Considering that FM6 doesn't have Suzuka my guess is that it probably costs a lot.

I prefer Suzuka over Sakitto, but if at some point SMS adds Suzuka I think they should keep Sakitto as additional layouts.

havocc
28-09-2015, 20:30
Suzuka is owned by Honda and there no Honda cars in this game nor other japanese cars (with the exception of oreca nissan and lancer), maybe this has something to do with Sony/Poliphony

Gravit8
28-09-2015, 20:59
Suzuka is owned by Honda and there no Honda cars in this game nor other japanese cars (with the exception of oreca nissan and lancer), maybe this has something to do with Sony/Poliphony

At least someone is picking up what I'm putting down.
My first comment was pretty bland if you look at it.
Think I said it was a an understandable work around for an unusual situation, but obviously a licensed track is preferred.
My problem was with any future relations with Japan in general. Since this one didn't end well.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:14
My problem was with any future relations with Japan in general. Since this one didn't end well.

...Do you have ANY objective info on how this affects any relationship between either SMS and Japanese licensees or SMS and Japanese consumers?

I mean any. At all.

Gravit8
28-09-2015, 21:55
...Do you have ANY objective info on how this affects any relationship between either SMS and Japanese licensees or SMS and Japanese consumers?

I mean any. At all.

What havoc said. And I implied originally.
Your still missing it huh?
It's cool you got a meme picture and a point won. Move along now. You clearly only having a convo with your self.

Chiraq
28-09-2015, 22:01
Considering that FM6 doesn't have Suzuka my guess is that it probably costs a lot.

I prefer Suzuka over Sakitto, but if at some point SMS adds Suzuka I think they should keep Sakitto as additional layouts.

It costs a lot I know. But what dimensions are we talking about? 1k? 10k? 100k? I think the tracks should not charge so much money for implementing the track into a game. I mean the developers should be paid for it. I mean they work their butts off to give us a nice track with all the stuff around it. And it's somehow even an advertisement for the track.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 22:10
What havoc said. And I implied originally.
Your still missing it huh?
It's cool you got a meme picture and a point won. Move along now. You clearly only having a convo with your self.

Suzuka being owned by Honda has nothing to do with SMS's relationship to Japan Licensees or Consumers.

But keep moving those goalposts, I count this as the fourth time your "point" has changed without anything concrete.

Gravit8
28-09-2015, 22:11
It costs a lot I know. But what dimensions are we talking about? 1k? 10k? 100k? I think the tracks should not charge so much money for implementing the track into a game. I mean the developers should be paid for it. I mean they work their butts off to give us a nice track with all the stuff around it. And it's somehow even an advertisement for the track.

A license is a license though. Laguna seca might have me for a few hundred dollars if I couldn't virtually lap it.
Think of it as creating a theme park or Disneyland. Would you expect Disney to be cheap about a theme park game license. Same concept. Just not as popular.
You can only do these tracks in game instead of real life because the tracks got paid.
According to brand leverage.
I bet the UK licenses came at a discount.
And willow springs might be the cheapest.

At the end of the day. These tracks have owners that are building a brand or have established one that everybody respects.