PDA

View Full Version : Preview member (NXOE) + Steering wheel??

Boskapongen
26-09-2015, 16:30
I am on the new *NXOE preview Beta. Cant get my steering wheel TM TX to work in Pcars. Works in Pcars in game menus, but does not show in configurations screen, just the controller. Same wheel works in Forza 6. Any one who has a fix for this?

*NXOE is the new upcoming GUI/OS for XB1 (Win10 style).

nissan4ever
26-09-2015, 17:15
I am on the new *NXOE preview Beta. Cant get my steering wheel TM TX to work in Pcars. Works in Pcars in game menus, but does not show in configurations screen, just the controller. Same wheel works in Forza 6. Any one who has a fix for this?

*NXOE is the new upcoming GUI/OS for XB1 (Win10 style).

Let Microsoft know. On Xbox Preview on your console, go to feedback. Will take you where you need to go to alert them. Got a keyboard? Use it to type.

They did say accessories or games might not function properly at first with the new Xbox experience.

HEF51
26-09-2015, 17:57
Did you have your controller plugged in also?

Boskapongen
26-09-2015, 18:45
Did you have your controller plugged in also?

Yes, i have to coz wheel does not work in the dash yet,

nissan4ever
27-09-2015, 05:37
If you got kinect, try saying "Xbox go to Project CARS". You don't need controller to do that. Might make a difference.

HEF51
27-09-2015, 17:25
You cant start the game with both the wheel and controller plugged in at the same time as it only recognizes the controller. Start the game up with the wheel first then connect the controller when you are in the menu.

nissan4ever
27-09-2015, 20:44
You cant start the game with both the wheel and controller plugged in at the same time as it only recognizes the controller. Start the game up with the wheel first then connect the controller when you are in the menu.

I think you missed what OP said in post #4. The TX isn't working on the Xbox One dashboard with the new Xbox experience yet. He had to use a controller to boot up game. That's why I suggested using kinect to start up game, if he has one with his console. Don't need controller, might solve problem. Or he just needs to give Microsoft Feedback, so they can quickly fix it.

STEELJOCKEY
27-09-2015, 20:49
Try signing in to the game with your wheel using the 'menu' button on the wheel, not the 'a' button, currently you can have both wheel and controller connected at the same time, but must sign in with this method for wheel to be the primary controller for driving in the game.

HEF51
28-09-2015, 05:25
So here's a simple fix.

-Start up game with controller
-Disconnect Controller
-Connect wheel then sign into game

Easy as that.

nissan4ever
03-10-2015, 06:33
My console is downloading the New Xbox Experience right now. I'll definitely hop onto Project CARS when it's done & see if they've updated the wheel issue mentioned by the OP.

nissan4ever
03-10-2015, 08:03
The Thrustmaster TX still doesn't work on the New Xbox Experience dashboard. This is what I did.

I said to kinect "Xbox go to Project CARS".

Console loaded up game.

At the start up screen I pressed A Button on my TX.

I was then prompted to select a profile. I still couldn't use the wheel to do this (I guess dashboard related). So I told kinect "Xbox select". Then I said "choose this person".

Game went to opening video. I skipped that with A Button & went to main menu. The Thrustmaster TX is working. I went to free practice. Did a couple laps. Everything was fine.

So it looks like the TX just doesn't work with dashboard related items yet.

I never had my regular Xbox One controller on. TX only.

Update: I did experience the screen saver engaging while I was racing. I'm assuming the console isn't fully registering the TX. No problems with the actual racing. Just the screen saver turning on (my Xbox One controller was off the whole time). I'm going to leave Microsoft some feedback right now so it cab be addressed.

nissan4ever
03-10-2015, 09:27
Here's link to Xbox feedback page in regards to Thrustmaster TX & New Xbox Experience.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/10043862-thrustmaster-tx-new-dashboard-experience

STEELJOCKEY
03-10-2015, 09:47
I think I'm going to hold off updating till this is fixed properly, leaving automatic updates off. Obviously M$ having some issues with this update

nissan4ever
03-10-2015, 09:51
I think I'm going to hold off updating till this is fixed properly, leaving automatic updates off. Obviously M$ having some issues with this update

There's a bunch of stuff on the known list in the xbox preview program app. Racing wheels not working on home screen & system screens is known. I didn't see the screen saver in regards to while racing with the TX in Project CARS on that long list.

They definitely got a bunch to get squared away before everyone gets this update on November.

They supposed to be updating the new Xbox Experience twice a week up till launch.

STEELJOCKEY
03-10-2015, 09:52
in the mean time turn your screen saver off maybe?

nissan4ever
03-10-2015, 10:28

I went under settings and looked everywhere. I didn't see an option to turn off screen saver.

nissan4ever
04-10-2015, 02:28

After I'm in Project CARS ready to race with the wheel. I then cut on my Xbox One controller. The screen will still go to screen saver mode after like 10 mins or so. What I do to avoid that is just flick the right analog stick occasionally on the controller to keep the screen saver from engaging. It's easier to do it this way than with the wheel (hitting Xbox button, which may make it go to dashboard or bring up system menu. Which wheel won't work at either). This is a temporary work around. Maybe one of the upcoming updates for "NXE" will fix it soon. Then the wheel can be used on Xbox Home & System menus (plus hopefully screen saver issue will be gone).

nissan4ever
04-10-2015, 05:13
My console is pulling another New Xbox Experience update right now. I'll test home screen (dashboard) to see if racing wheels are now recognized.

nissan4ever
04-10-2015, 06:19
Wheel still isn't recognized on the dashboard. It's still classified as known issue.

STEELJOCKEY
04-10-2015, 18:26
Awesome, gott love the one step forward, two steps back and screw the 'Experience' for everyone. Surely you'd think testing if the controllers/wheels are working first would be standard practice? I mean, imagine releasing an OS for a PC and the keyboard and mouse don't work!

CPU M Rossi
04-10-2015, 21:45
Awesome, gott love the one step forward, two steps back and screw the 'Experience' for everyone. Surely you'd think testing if the controllers/wheels are working first would be standard practice? I mean, imagine releasing an OS for a PC and the keyboard and mouse don't work!

I see what your saying but the mouse and keyboard are the primary input devices for a computer & for the xbox most people use the controller, so the primary input device works.
Now if the neither the controller or wheel worked yeah the analogy of the keyboard and mouse not working would apply.

STEELJOCKEY
04-10-2015, 21:53
Alright, so let's say then that the both keyboard and mouse work for the PC, but when using the mouse the screen saver kicks in because it is not being recognised as being used, and you have to keep hitting the space bar on the keyboard to screen your screen alive.

Not to be pedantic, but surely.........

Just wondering though, is this happening in other racing games using the wheel?

CPU M Rossi
04-10-2015, 22:03
I would think it would be if the system isn't recognizing the wheel as an input device but the game is.

nissan4ever
04-10-2015, 23:59

I hear you, but Microsoft made it clear that in the early builds of the "NXE". Some things won't work correctly or at all. In the next few weeks, it should be smooth as butter. I figure we will have about a month to use it with it on point.

STEELJOCKEY
05-10-2015, 00:22
I'm still not being offered the update, which is fine by me for the moment. When I here they've fixed this issue I'll be looking for the update. Might end up with the new SSD Hybrid console first before it is properly running though.

nissan4ever
05-10-2015, 21:20
I'm still not being offered the update, which is fine by me for the moment.

Whatever wave you will be in, you'll be forced to pull the download by a certain date. If you want to avoid any issues on your end. You need to opt out of preview for NXE. You can't decide not to pull it. A day or two afterwards your wave gets it. You'll be forced to download it if your console isn't on instant on.

You might be in next wave. Racing wheels still might not work on dashboard & still have that screen saver issue.

nissan4ever
06-10-2015, 04:18
Good news! You can now finally assign your racing wheel to your gamertag! The NXE update that was just released 3 hrs ago lets you now do it. Under settings. Under Kinect & Devices. My Thrustmaster TX now shows up as "Third Party Controller". I assigned my gamertag to it.

STEELJOCKEY
06-10-2015, 09:06
Awesome, so that means the 'game not recognising my wheel when pushing "A" instead of menu, must push menu when starting game or turn off other controller' issue has been fixed also? If so great news.

In which case, come on NXOE.

So, how is the 'Experience'? Faster, smoother, better?

STEELJOCKEY
06-10-2015, 12:39
well the update is happening, 1126mb, here's hoping all is well with it.

STEELJOCKEY
07-10-2015, 00:25
Nearly threw my coffe mug at the tv after update. Couldn't get wheel to work. Finally tried menu button and it works just like before the update.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 04:10
Interesting, my console isn't seeing my TX as a "Third Party Controller" now. Wonder what's changed from last night to this evening? There hasn't been a new update.

STEELJOCKEY
07-10-2015, 04:26
Same here, doesn't show as a controller option for me either

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 05:11
Same here, doesn't show as a controller option for me either

I don't know why it stopped showing that. Weird

lapje
07-10-2015, 06:28
I have no wheel, only a wireless controller. Since I got the update to NXOE in Pcars I can browse through the menus with the controller but when start racing controller does not work at all. Also when trying to configure the controller in the game the game freezes. Forza 6 and F1 2015 does not have this issue. In xbox settings/controller I do see 2 controllers, the wireless and some 3rd party controller?? I also have kinect connected. Other users have the same issue with Pcars since the NXOE update?

Flat_out
07-10-2015, 08:11
I have no wheel, only a wireless controller. Since I got the update to NXOE in Pcars I can browse through the menus with the controller but when start racing controller does not work at all. Also when trying to configure the controller in the game the game freezes. Forza 6 and F1 2015 does not have this issue. In xbox settings/controller I do see 2 controllers, the wireless and some 3rd party controller?? I also have kinect connected. Other users have the same issue with Pcars since the NXOE update?

I played PC last night after the update and it worked fine with the controller.Didn't try it with my wheel though.

lapje
07-10-2015, 09:05
I played PC last night after the update and it worked fine with the controller.Didn't try it with my wheel though.

Maybe I need to remove and install Pcars once.

lapje
07-10-2015, 15:22
Problem is solved by itself.... I am now wondering if it could be my phone which was recognized as a 3rd party controller. I used my phone to type text to send an issue to MS. Maybe that was causing the problem?? Npow I do not see a 3rd party controller anymore in xbox settings and controller is working fine now in Pcars. I did not get an update from xbox, neither from Pcars. Strange, but I am happy issue is resolved.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 17:12
Problem is solved by itself.... I am now wondering if it could be my phone which was recognized as a 3rd party controller. I used my phone to type text to send an issue to MS. Maybe that was causing the problem?? Npow I do not see a 3rd party controller anymore in xbox settings and controller is working fine now in Pcars. I did not get an update from xbox, neither from Pcars. Strange, but I am happy issue is resolved.

That's possible. When i'm going to play Project CARS with NXE, I always turn my console off & back on (instant on). Then talk to kinect to load up the game. My wheel works.

I noticed that for now, if I've been using the Xbox One controller doing whatever on the console. My console won't let my TX work correctly (steering & pedals). That's why I turn off & back on console to avoid this.

This will be temporary until wheel can be used on dashboard & system dialog.

STEELJOCKEY
08-10-2015, 05:24
I've been using the same system to log into pCars pre NXOE, using the menu button on the wheel to 'start' the game instead of the 'A' button, now once the account log in screen pops up I need to use the controller's 'A' button to log on instead of the wheel but everything works fine and I've had no issues since, including screen saver.

I can use the Xbox button on the wheel to return to the dashboard, use controller to do whatever, then use controller 'A' button to bring pCars back and carry on with using the wheel, perfectly ok - so far.

Lethal 556
08-10-2015, 09:08
Mine NXOE downloading this morning and I hopped on for a few minutes before leaving for work and had same issues with wheel. I see it's now listed in the known issues section. I plugged my controller into the usb to update the controller and it stopped in middle of the update and now my controller won't even turn on. My screen saver was coming on during play as well and with my controller not working now I had to have my phone next to my wheel with the smart glass app open so I could just swipe my phone quickly to get rid of the screen saver. I am enjoying the new dashboard and it's snappyness though. Hopefully these wrinkles will be ironed out soon!

Lethal 556
08-10-2015, 09:44
Mine NXOE downloading this morning and I hopped on for a few minutes before leaving for work and had same issues with wheel. I see it's now listed in the known issues section. I plugged my controller into the usb to update the controller and it stopped in middle of the update and now my controller won't even turn on. My screen saver was coming on during play as well and with my controller not working now I had to have my phone next to my wheel with the smart glass app open so I could just swipe my phone quickly to get rid of the screen saver. I am enjoying the new dashboard and it's snappyness though. Hopefully these wrinkles will be ironed out soon!

Chris Shakespeare
08-10-2015, 15:42
My controller when in game not menu just has no function not one single button. Checked button assignment. Is all same as it was. Just updated controller but still nothing

Strydervip
08-10-2015, 15:59
Got the dash update this morning and after a couple of resets.......finally got it all sorted out!! Just like others I did all navigation with kinect. Is it just me or does the game look better and it seems to have a more stable fps. Could be placebo effect. But I have notice the suttering audio has been drastically reduced. DX12 already at work? Can't wait to see an actual update from SMS to take advantage of the freed up resources.

CPU M Rossi
08-10-2015, 20:08
nay its not a placebo effect as I have noticed the sound stutter is better I am guessing the xbox doesn't need to use the 7th core as much with the new dashboard(this is just a guess btw)
also replays start up a lot faster with the new dashboard, because before i got the new xbox experience dashboard it wold take at least a minute(never timed it) to start now replays start right after I press a on view. :cool:

MissionBULLITT
09-10-2015, 13:15
if you have smartglass on your phone or tablet use that as your control method to get around the issue in the preview. keep in mind the screen will go dim during gameplay so keep that control screen handy on the straights to tap "a"

Strydervip
09-10-2015, 19:06
Okay besides the Screensaver issue and the wheel not working with dashboard...........this update has really cleared up framerate issues,lurching,screen tearing, and the infamous suttering sound glitch! I have ran some stress test today 43 cars with thunderstorm and played on tracks I knew that really stressed it out! The only way I could get sound glitch was to say "xbox record that" and it did it for only 5 secs tops. Game nearly runs perfect now! I'm impressed!!! I hope digital foundry goes back and retest games after this update! Just for inquiring minds!

Alibi_GT
13-10-2015, 19:32
I'm in de NXOE preview and had some steering wheel issues. I did the following to let my Thrustmaster TX work with Project Cars on my Xbox One. Start Your Xbox with a controller and your TX, now start PC. always try to start the game with the steering wheel, if that doesn't work use the controller. Same rule for further actions. when you're in the menu check if PC recognises your wheel by trying to navigate. if it doesn't you go to settings and controls. Probably you'll see your controller. Take out the batteries and you should see your wheel appear. Now the game must work just fine with your wheel. One issue is left, the screensaver problem. turn back on your controller and move every 5 minutes or so a stick. Hope it helps!!

nissan4ever
14-10-2015, 02:30
I'm downloading the latest update for the "NXOE". I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements to stability & hopefully racing wheels will work on dashboard/system dialogs.

Update - TX still not recognized on dashboard or system dialogs. However, the overall speed and smoothness of the NXOE dashboard has been really improved (in regards to moving around the dashboard & going through settings & such). Also still got screensaver issue while racing with wheel.

2nd update - I did one career race at Imola. Total playing session length at 100% was 1 hr 15 mins. I never heard the sound bug. I didn't see any surging up & down. The race weather started medium clouds. Then progressed to heavy fog (I sure didn't like that, lol). Finished up the race with light clouds. Game ran great. It was a 20 car grid. My only complaint, I heard 1 sound gurgle that lasted a half of a second.

Strydervip
14-10-2015, 04:14
I'm downloading the latest update for the "NXOE". I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements to stability & hopefully racing wheels will work on dashboard/system dialogs.

Update - TX still not recognized on dashboard or system dialogs. However, the overall speed and smoothness of the NXOE dashboard has been really improved (in regards to moving around the dashboard & going through settings & such). Also still got screensaver issue.

DAMNIT! Was really hoping that was fixed!

nissan4ever
14-10-2015, 05:21
Was really hoping that was fixed!

Me too. Maybe next update :)

inthebagbud
14-10-2015, 19:17
just had a preview update and the screensaver issue seems to have been fixed if you have controller on, before even with controller on screen used to dim , so moving in right direction however text is not right on dashboard as all letters have accent marks above

Ok it may be part fixed, if you start with controller and leave it switched on screensaver doesn't start, but if you for whatever reason disconnect controller and reconnect it the issue with screensaver issue comes back

STEELJOCKEY
14-10-2015, 23:23
Interesting, I have never seen the screen saver issue, probably because my controller is always connected with USB cable and always on, and I log in to pCars using the menu button on my wheel.

I have always had the stupid accents marks on though with the dashboard scripts. I hope they fix that soon

nissan4ever
15-10-2015, 00:15
I have never seen the screen saver issue, probably because my controller is always connected with USB cable and always on

That's why you haven't seen it. If your controller isn't on at all. You will see it. If it's on without usb cable & you don't periodically flick the right analog stick. You will see it.

STEELJOCKEY
15-10-2015, 03:49
Considering I use the controller for party chat it's always plugged in otherwise the controller turns off and I lose the chat.

inthebagbud
15-10-2015, 06:44
Maybe I was a patch behind you guys as previously even with controller connected I had the saver issue

Go2zero
15-10-2015, 06:48
Preview member too, my controller bricked during it's update so just in case this happens to anyone. (Fix thanks to SW33NDAWG) I started updating my controller the green bar got to 4% and there was an error, the controller would not turn on again. I powered down the Xb1, unplugged the power cable from the back and gave it 5 minutes. Reconnected the power cable started the Xb1 but plugged in a different micro usb cable and the controller came back to life and the update worked when I tried again, Phew!

nissan4ever
15-10-2015, 07:27
Considering I use the controller for party chat it's always plugged in otherwise the controller turns off and I lose the chat.

My Turtle Beach headsets handle my chat, wireless. Normally, I would never have my controller on while playing Project CARS. I'll be glad when one of the upcoming NXOE updates corrects this issue.

STEELJOCKEY
15-10-2015, 21:24
I'm running the Turtle Beach X31's, which though wireless for game sound require being plugged in to controller for chat. Havent updated controller yet, so not sure if there's a fix in there somewhere.

Had an update to the OS yesterday, which fixed all the wacky script.

Funny about the screen saver issue, was doing some laps around Catalunya and it came on, although I had been playing for over an hour with no issues. Then it didn't happen again, only the once during that track.

Edit:-wacky script is still there, but not everywhere now. Only partially fixed by the looks of it

inthebagbud
15-10-2015, 21:49
Funny about the screen saver issue, was doing some laps around Catalunya and it came on, although I had been playing for over an hour with no issues. Then it didn't happen again, only the once during that track.

Same here played for around hour and half with no saver then came on twice in half an hour....strange......that's why I thought it had been fixed

nissan4ever
16-10-2015, 04:07
Another NXOE update available. The racing wheel is still under known issues for not being recognized/working on the home screen & system dialogs. I didn't connect my TX to the console to verify. I'm assuming screen saver issue is probably still there then.

STEELJOCKEY
16-10-2015, 05:19
Keep the controller plugged in then just in case

nissan4ever
16-10-2015, 05:49
Keep the controller plugged in then just in case

I can't do that. I don't have an available usb port. All 3 are used. 1 for TX, 1 for external hdd, & 1 for my Turtle Beach Elite 800X (the Elite 800X base has to be connected to a console usb port. Not just for a power source. That's probably how it does wireless chat with Xbox One. The console will assign the headset to my gamertag when I turn it on).

Therefore, I'm ready for my TX to be recognized on the home screen & system dialogs. Then I won't need to flick my controller right analog stick periodically to keep screen saver off.

STEELJOCKEY
16-10-2015, 07:14
Plug in a USB hub then off the side, and run your wheel and controller off it

nissan4ever
16-10-2015, 07:24
Nah, once NXOE gets the update where racing wheels work on home screen and system dialogs. I'll be good to go. A USB hub would become unnecessary/useless for me (don't have one/never needed one). Remember, this goes live for everyone's Xbox One in basically 1 month. I only got to deal with it for a little longer.

2pfspiff
16-10-2015, 07:24
Plug in a USB hub then off the side, and run your wheel and controller off it

I would plug the Headphones and controller off the hub. I would plug the wheel directly to one of the XB1 usb ports.

nissan4ever
19-10-2015, 02:21
Downloading latest NXOE update right now. I'll update post shortly in regards to racing wheels.

Update: my TX is working on home screen & system dialogs! I'll hop on Project CARS & see if screen saver issue is fixed.

Update 2: ran 3 laps at 24hrs of Le Mans. Screen saver never engaged. :)

Update 3: played for almost one hr. No screen saver engaging. All is back to normal.

2pfspiff
19-10-2015, 02:53
Downloading latest NXOE update right now. I'll update post shortly in regards to racing wheels.

Update: my TX is working on home screen & system dialogs! I'll hop on Project CARS & see if screen saver issue is fixed.

Make sure you get all of the bugs fixed before it rolls out to the rest of us. :applouse::encouragement:

nissan4ever
19-10-2015, 03:11
Make sure you get all of the bugs fixed before it rolls out to the rest of us. :applouse::encouragement:

As a whole, the NXOE is way more polished than when I got it towards end of last month. They only got a few bugs for certain apps & games to iron out. Otherwise, it's good to go for the most part.

STEELJOCKEY
19-10-2015, 04:41
Got the update myself, good that the wheel now works on the dashboard, NOTE you still need to sign in to the game using the menu button on the wheel for it to be recognised as the primary controller, not the A button - otherwise you'll be doing the disconnect/reconnect thing with your controller

Strydervip
19-10-2015, 08:42

Update 2: ran 3 laps at 24hrs of Le Mans. Screen saver never engaged. :)

Update 3: played for almost one hr. No screen saver engaging. All is back to normal.
Great to hear!!!!! I will be playing as soon as I get off from work!! Crazy in the update notes for nxbe it said that steering wheels don't work for the dash on this build

nissan4ever
19-10-2015, 09:04
Great to hear!!!!! I will be playing as soon as I get off from work!! Crazy in the update notes for nxbe it said that steering wheels don't work for the dash on this build

I know. I looked at "known issues" list. I still saw racing wheels on the list for not working on the home screen and system dialogs. But that never stops me from trying anyway. Glad I did, because my TX was back working on home screen and system dialogs :)

No more screen dimming from screen saver :)

inthebagbud
19-10-2015, 18:45
Only slight issue I had with new update is when I launched the game I was asked if I actually owned the game - had to eject disk and reinsert

I did hard reset but still had issue but was ok when I reinserted disk....will see what happens after I reboot next time

STEELJOCKEY
19-10-2015, 19:27
Sounds like an issue more with the disc reader instead, I've had it once or twice, vary rare. Just ejected and reinserted disc and no prob.

Bit annoyed with the new loss of game invites on the notification list. Quite often I had to hit the same join notification twice to get in. Now after the first attempt, the notification disappears and have to ask the host to send invite again.

Getting the controller to join party chat is a pain also. If it's not recognised right from the start, only way I can get it to pick up for chat is sign out of the console and sign back in, which then means restating game as well, and then a new invite to the room. Used to be able to hit sign in with controller on dashboard a second time with controller and it would be recognised for chat without having sign out/sign in a second time.

inthebagbud
20-10-2015, 17:49
Only slight issue I had with new update is when I launched the game I was asked if I actually owned the game - had to eject disk and reinsert

I did hard reset but still had issue but was ok when I reinserted disk....will see what happens after I reboot next time

Had exact same issue tonight, running from external drive wonder whether that is it ..... anybody else on external drive?

Oh and had another update tonight but only a small one not sure what it was for though

STEELJOCKEY
20-10-2015, 21:30

Had exact same issue tonight, running from external drive wonder whether that is it ..... anybody else on external drive?

Oh and had another update tonight but only a small one not sure what it was for though

Are you talking to yourself now? lol

inthebagbud
20-10-2015, 21:44
Are you talking to yourself now? lol

Usually at this time of night it's the only way to have a decent conversation according to the guy stood in the corner of my room :confused: :D

STEELJOCKEY
21-10-2015, 02:37
I do it all the time

STEELJOCKEY
Yeah me too

STEELJOCKEY
No you dont

STEELJOCKEY
21-10-2015, 02:38
Sorry, you're right, it's you who does all the talking lol

nissan4ever
23-10-2015, 01:11
FYI, there's a NXOE update available. I'm updating my console right now.

Crookk
23-10-2015, 01:47
Getting the controller to join party chat is a pain also. If it's not recognised right from the start, only way I can get it to pick up for chat is sign out of the console and sign back in, which then means restating game as well, and then a new invite to the room. Used to be able to hit sign in with controller on dashboard a second time with controller and it would be recognised for chat without having sign out/sign in a second time.

You can go to settings>devices & accessories and connect your profile to the controller, that should do the trick.

STEELJOCKEY
23-10-2015, 02:09
Thanks I worked that out

Looks like patch 5.0 has fixed the log in issue between pushing 'A' button or 'menu' button on the wheel to log in. Hopefully pushing the 'A' button now is all that's needed.

STEELJOCKEY
26-10-2015, 02:28
Thanks I worked that out

Looks like patch 5.0 has fixed the log in issue between pushing 'A' button or 'menu' button on the wheel to log in. Hopefully pushing the 'A' button now is all that's needed.

Confirmed, FIXED

nissan4ever
26-10-2015, 04:39
Another NXOE update available.

STEELJOCKEY
26-10-2015, 05:10
Twice a week at the moment. Party chat is still an issue by the look of it

nissan4ever
27-10-2015, 00:17
Phil Spencer just confirmed during the live Halo 5 launch stream on YouTube. The NXOE will be released for everyone on November 12th. Including backwards compatible.

STEELJOCKEY
27-10-2015, 21:56
Another update going through

inthebagbud
28-10-2015, 16:09
Apparantly there is a MTU issue with the latest preview http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/registration_support/f/4582/t/2063520.aspx

Which I assume from I am reading affects on line MP?

nissan4ever
29-10-2015, 00:45
New update available tonight.

inthebagbud
29-10-2015, 08:51
Apparantly there is a MTU issue with the latest preview http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/registration_support/f/4582/t/2063520.aspx

Which I assume from I am reading affects on line MP?

new update seems to have fixed this issue

STEELJOCKEY
30-10-2015, 05:14
Apparently there has just been an Xbox one update of around 3.5gb. NXOE dropping early for everyone?

STEELJOCKEY
30-10-2015, 05:20
Hang on, that might be for those who missed an update, apparently gotta download full OS then, which is huge. Guess it's wise to keep up to date and keep the patches small

CPU M Rossi
30-10-2015, 06:08
no update for me & the last one was 400 some mb

Lethal 556
30-10-2015, 08:47
No. My last update was 2 days ago and was somethung like 435mb

STEELJOCKEY
04-11-2015, 08:26
3 updates in 4 days, must be really sorting things out. Picking up a new 1tb ssd hybrid drive unit in 2 days, wonder if it will be preloaded with NXOE or am I up for a day of major updates

KkDrummer
04-11-2015, 09:38
3 updates in 4 days, must be really sorting things out. Picking up a new 1tb ssd hybrid drive unit in 2 days, wonder if it will be preloaded with NXOE or am I up for a day of major updates

I think you will need to update as NXOE is not out yet. It will be interesting to see how PCars performs on this console. MS says it loads 20% faster than the current console...I guess the OS is installed on the SSD?

STEELJOCKEY
04-11-2015, 19:33
As far as I've heard the OS runs on the SSD, and any games regularly used are moved there too, so here's hoping pCars loads itself there.

Regardless, I've seen improvements in graphics and sound just running the NXOE on my current console.

KkDrummer
04-11-2015, 22:10
As far as I've heard the OS runs on the SSD, and any games regularly used are moved there too, so here's hoping pCars loads itself there.

Regardless, I've seen improvements in graphics and sound just running the NXOE on my current console.

cool stuff! let us know when you have PCars running on the new console!

STEELJOCKEY
05-11-2015, 03:33
Just checking my current console is as up to date as it can be before a mate takes it into his possession and I get my new one, yet another 372mb update today. They are coming thick and fast now

inthebagbud
05-11-2015, 07:23
Not sure if it's to do with the new updates but I do not get the "you have not assigned all buttons correctly" message in game any more.

Anybody else notice this

KkDrummer
05-11-2015, 10:12
There should be another update coming tonite...