PDA

View Full Version : Still Experiencing Pit Stop Bugs

klorptar
27-09-2015, 01:19
In endurance series in career mode, the pit stops are still broken. I get seemingly random amounts of fuel, and I can't get the tires changed to save my life. Does anyone know if this has been acknowledged by SMS?

Also, please fix the landmine issue! Sweet baby jesus, that's annoying. Plus, it scares the shit out of me every time it happens.

VR-Mustard
27-09-2015, 12:08
Yes i can confirm exactly the same bugs.. Anyone know of any workarounds for the pit bug. BTW try switching the tire wear off this seems to have fixed the landmine bug for us.

SocalsZHP
27-09-2015, 19:54
I seem to be completely stuck in the pits. The car never gets jacked, tires don't change, nothing. I'm just standing still watching the other cars enter the pits and leave. All of these issues started with the last update.

Track: Nurburgring (I've attempted the race over a dozen times)
Car: RUF RGT-8 GT3

Umer Ahmad
27-09-2015, 19:56
Track?

Roger Prynne
27-09-2015, 19:57
Car?

SocalsZHP
27-09-2015, 20:13
I edited my post above. Haven't tried other tracks/cars since I'm currently stuck in my career progression due to this bug. I almost want to uninstall/reinstall the game (I have the digital copy). Hopefully this won't mess with my game progression.

webuserjonny
27-09-2015, 21:22
Are you in the pit box closest to the pit lane exit? There's a few people that have reported this about Nurburgring and I myself have suffered with it. It doesn't seem to matter which car is being used.

kingsti
27-09-2015, 21:41
I also have an issue where the tyres don't change (most of the time) - eg Suzuka, brno, brands hatch. However, I found that if I create pit strategy (rather than using the default one) it seems to work.

SocalsZHP
27-09-2015, 21:54
Yes, I'm in the box closest to the exit.

VR-Mustard
29-09-2015, 10:56
My group of lads have been testing this pit bug all last week and it's definitely not working as it should and unfortunately haven't come up with a workaround for this one. So unfortunately that's the pits out of action aswel as the tireware.. At least we still have the damage modeling (until the next update) :( so disappointed with the way this games been presented i mean what did that last update actually fix?

Charlie2k
01-10-2015, 07:33
I can confirm that the pit stops are still broken.

Car: Formula GULF (Online)
Track: Watkins glen
Fuel usage, Real.

Video:
https://youtu.be/4ysjSWpyNw8?t=1

I begin the race with 30L (maximum). My strategy in pit stops was refill 16L, but when I stop at lap 11, min 21:10, the mechanicals only refilled me 0,9L, (15,1 ---> 16L :dejection:)

at 41:25, as you see, I have to stop again because I don't have fuel, and in this case, you see my strategy and now its works fine, but ruined my race.

Bealdor
01-10-2015, 07:42

Fuel usage, Real.

Video:

I begin the race with 30L (maximum). My strategy in pit stops was refill 16L, but when I stop at lap 11, min 21:10, the mechanicals only refilled me 0,9L, (15,1 ---> 16L :dejection:)

at 41:25, as you see, I have to stop again because I don't have fuel, and in this case, you see my strategy and now its works fine, but ruined my race.

That's not a bug, you're misunderstanding the pit strategy manager. ;)
You can't tell him "put 16L more fuel in my tank" you can only tell him "fill my tank up to 16L".

momotatwo
01-10-2015, 07:43

Fuel usage, Real.

Video:

I'm sorry for you, but in this case you can't talk about a "bug" or "broken". This time it just workes as designed.
The pit stop strategy always is setting the amount of fuel, after refilling, not the amount of fuel that should be filled.

You can see this on your second stop.
You had about 1.3 litres fuel, when you enter the pit -> then you set to refill 6 litres.
At the end you had 6 litres, not 7.3!

So in this case it is working fine, as far as I can see.

Pappa_Stig
01-10-2015, 07:44

Fuel usage, Real.

Video:

The fuel amount you select in your pit strategy is the total amount you'll leave the pits with. If you selected 16l, when you already had 15l in the car, it would have only added a litre. That's not a bug, it's correct. If you wanted to get to 30l, you would need to move the slider up to 30l. The amount in that slider is total fuel, not added fuel.

MikieBoy147
01-10-2015, 09:37
I've just had the invisible wall/car flipping bug when coming out of the pits during my 24h Lemans for the SECOND time, the first time was after 14hrs and this morning after 23hrs, not wasting any more time playing this piece of crap, to say I'm annoyed would be an understatement.

Charlie2k
01-10-2015, 09:42
OMG, really? So it was my fault, i'm sorry.

I thought that worked differently, thank you for the info. :rolleyes:

Culyu
01-10-2015, 21:19
Are you in the pit box closest to the pit lane exit? There's a few people that have reported this about Nurburgring and I myself have suffered with it. It doesn't seem to matter which car is being used.

I have exactly this. Playing career and have to make mandatory pit stop in Nurburging. Car drives to pit, goes to last pitbox and stays there, nothing happens. Tried to simulate rest of the session but no luck with AI either.

Car: GT3 McLaren
Track: Nurburgring

Spitfire77
01-10-2015, 23:10
I am still hoping for a simplified "on the fly" type of pit stop to be available along side the saved ones. - Because sometimes what you saved may not be what you desire, and creating a new one takes to long and, as we all know, does not always work.

Basically you would select "on the fly" (or what ever you want to call it) when you enter the pits. Only a few options needed:
Fuel - Y/N - if Y ability to set liters amount (would default to what your started race with)
Tires change - Y/N - If Y ability to select compound & pressure (would default to the same compound and pressure pulled in with)
Repair damage - Y/N (would do all damage)

If the rules do not allow for one (say fueling) they would be grayed out.

hkraft300
04-10-2015, 03:37
^
OR...

Hit "edit strategy" when you enter pits. Make changes accordingly, on the fly.
Quick maybe on PC but with a controller/wheel on console you can only be so quick to make changes.

I have several strategies saved eg "damage only" "fuel only" "soft tires" etc
If I decide in a race I'll double stint the tires, I hit "view saved", switch to my fuel only strategy, hit edit and adjust the amount of fuel.

Abnaxos
04-10-2015, 13:44
I have exactly this. Playing career and have to make mandatory pit stop in Nurburging. Car drives to pit, goes to last pitbox and stays there, nothing happens. Tried to simulate rest of the session but no luck with AI either.

Car: GT3 McLaren
Track: Nurburgring
Same here.

Cars: Both Audi R8 LMS Ultra & Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE
Track: Nürburgring

It also happens in training & qualifying, but there I can "Return to Pit" and start again to get going. This option isn't available during the race, however – so all you can do is give up.