PDA

View Full Version : Higher AI setting?

wOoDsTeR16
27-09-2015, 07:18
Now the AI are a bit more respectable would it be possible to make the AI harder at 100%, or for a setting that goes higher than 100%?.

wOoDsTeR16
27-09-2015, 17:14
Look, this is my point. This is a 30 lap race with the AI set at 100%, why I am showing up as Player I don't know, but this happens on a few tracks but thats not the issue, the fact I lapped them all twice is. I am a league racer, I have never been one for 5 laps on this track and move on to the next, its always been about league racing for me. it would be nice to have a higher setting for the AI so that I can practice with the AI giving me a run for my money and not me just running away from them

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/KMAwOoDsTeR16/Screenshot-Original_zpsshh0y3gu.png (http://s448.photobucket.com/user/KMAwOoDsTeR16/media/Screenshot-Original_zpsshh0y3gu.png.html)

svenvangent
27-09-2015, 22:17
The same for Watkins Glen , at 100 % way to slow .

Noxrai
28-09-2015, 03:22
Yes some tracks and car combinations AI are quite slow. What you could do as a workaround is restrict your engine so it has less power. Would be basically be doing the same thing that a higher AI setting would do. Ai would get an advantage on traction and speed.
Unless of course they could somehow improve the AI to take corners like a master. Which i doubt they would this late in.

wOoDsTeR16
28-09-2015, 04:22
Unless of course they could somehow improve the AI to take corners like a master. Which i doubt they would this late in.

Well they have added a difficulty slider in now for the AI, maybe they could make that slider go higher. I'm no game developer, I don't know things work but it would be nice to have them go faster without me having to do a work around, doing so don't help me set my car up for a race :(

creepyd
28-09-2015, 12:08
Maybe they can make 100% match the top time trial times for each combination, assuming the car is low on fuel and high grip, laptimes could fade from there.
100% AI needs to go as quick as a good human player can - we have the data in the leaderboards already!

This is pretty much my only issue with the game, inconsistent AI.

Vennt
28-09-2015, 12:28
Personally I'd like to se AI strength and AI aggressiveness decoupled from each other, then add more AI strength as an option.

I wouldn't want to see the carnage that would be wrought with the current system where their aggression is tied to the AI difficulty if they just increased it without making the two different factors independant, and individually controllable.

Mahjik
28-09-2015, 12:34
It's not the AI difficulty setting in most cases. The AI doesn't have low downforce setups. With that, on tracks like Le Mans and Monza, the player will be much faster than the AI.

PFalcon
28-09-2015, 13:32
I'm too lazy to mess with setups most of the time, so I end up racing with the default setups. With those settings, 100% is more than fast enough! :)

chig88
28-09-2015, 14:25
It's not the AI difficulty setting in most cases. The AI doesn't have low downforce setups. With that, on tracks like Le Mans and Monza, the player will be much faster than the AI.

That is not good.

Tepp
28-09-2015, 15:41
Try Sakitto International GT4 class !!! You will change your mind ... :)

gelfie
29-09-2015, 04:00
I believe the AI strength slider should be renamed the "Treachery" slider.