The Russian
12-10-2015, 13:59
Done

QPRLad
Done

Diesel98
Vote for your Driver of the Race! (http://wcars.jimdo.com/)

Done

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 14:14
Well well...

l was very underwhelmed with my performance yesterday.

Had a good pace at Monza, but my silly mistake in T1 at the start ruined my entire race, because if you are faster in Monza, its mostly only by 0.5 seconds per lap or so, and you always have to calculate for the battles :D
So after my mistake - sorry Chig - l found myself in P10, Davan gave me another bump (dont know why) and then l was dead last.
Was able to fight my way back to 9th or 8th l think, when l met Linnuke. l was faster then him in the Lesmos and the exit of Ascari, but everytime l overtook him, l would do a stupid mistake shortly after. We had a good and clean battle for maybe 80% of the race, so thats why my obvious choice for Driver of the Race will go to him, thanks for the fun :)
At one point l could finally pull away from him, only to fight against BVB in the last lap. He seemed to struggle badly, on the straight before the Parabolica l went for a move on the outside, braked very late and managed to get the corner. And so l got a lucky, but underwhelming 6th place at Monza. lt was still great fun! :)

l get the feeling that l'm superslow in GT Cars compared to some of you guys, thats so frustrating and l dont know what to do about it.
Qualified in 5th l think with 1.8 seconds behind the 1st - so bad...
l had an okay start, but again there was this weird rubberbanding effect, where certain cars would accelerate unrealistically fast and then suddenly go back to normal speed. Its so dumb and makes the starting phase even more difficult than it already is (Glueing cars etc.)
So, Diesel and Grijo overtook me, Grijo cut me off before T1 which wasnt cool, but nothing happened.
Still in Lap 1 l got a cut track penalty and there went my race again l thought, espcially because its so difficult to overtake on that track.
Had some good battles with BVB, Grijo and Pidgey, although Pidgey was very aggressive - once again - and made a very optimistic move on me, which forced me into the gravel, not cool and next time you will be disqulified for that. Sorry, but l've given you enough chances.

Congrats to the winners, to Grijo for his first Podium and to all others. l had a lot of fun.
Sorry for the late results and the vote links, but l was kind of down after the races.

l'm very excited for next week, l might have to find a different track for the Sierra, because the Glen two times...? Not so sure about that.

Does anybody have suggestions for the second TT? :)

Grijo
12-10-2015, 14:31
Vote for your Driver of the Race! (http://wcars.jimdo.com/)

Done

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 14:39
Update:

- l booted L_Heron and itzhipno.
- Nervoso joined us as a regular driver.

Grijo
12-10-2015, 14:42
Second Time Trial? Nordschleife with Bentley Continental

Pidgey_69
12-10-2015, 14:43
Well well...

l was very underwhelmed with my performance yesterday.

Had a good pace at Monza, but my silly mistake in T1 at the start ruined my entire race, because if you are faster in Monza, its mostly only by 0.5 seconds per lap or so, and you always have to calculate for the battles :D
So after my mistake - sorry Chig - l found myself in P10, Davan gave me another bump (dont know why) and then l was dead last.
Was able to fight my way back to 9th or 8th l think, when l met Linnuke. l was faster then him in the Lesmos and the exit of Ascari, but everytime l overtook him, l would do a stupid mistake shortly after. We had a good and clean battle for maybe 80% of the race, so thats why my obvious choice for Driver of the Race will go to him, thanks for the fun :)
At one point l could finally pull away from him, only to fight against BVB in the last lap. He seemed to struggle badly, on the straight before the Parabolica l went for a move on the outside, braked very late and managed to get the corner. And so l got a lucky, but underwhelming 6th place at Monza. lt was still great fun! :)

l get the feeling that l'm superslow in GT Cars compared to some of you guys, thats so frustrating and l dont know what to do about it.
Qualified in 5th l think with 1.8 seconds behind the 1st - so bad...
l had an okay start, but again there was this weird rubberbanding effect, where certain cars would accelerate unrealistically fast and then suddenly go back to normal speed. Its so dumb and makes the starting phase even more difficult than it already is (Glueing cars etc.)
So, Diesel and Grijo overtook me, Grijo cut me off before T1 which wasnt cool, but nothing happened.
Still in Lap 1 l got a cut track penalty and there went my race again l thought, espcially because its so difficult to overtake on that track.
Had some good battles with BVB, Grijo and Pidgey, although Pidgey was very aggressive - once again - and made a very optimistic move on me, which forced me into the gravel, not cool and next time you will be disqulified for that. Sorry, but l've given you enough chances.

Congrats to the winners, to Grijo for his first Podium and to all others. l had a lot of fun.
Sorry for the late results and the vote links, but l was kind of down after the races.

l'm very excited for next week, l might have to find a different track for the Sierra, because the Glen two times...? Not so sure about that.

No mention of me letting you back past me and on the chicane before then you put me wide when you hit me from behind and drove on regardless of me flashing you..and you hit me from behind earlier in that race and you even flashed to apologise...i apologise for missing my breaking mark when i put you wide..you hit me twice in that race i hit you once so maybe you should look at ur own driving before commenting on mine...again i was decent enough to let you back past and you didnt????

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 14:47
No mention of me letting you back past me and on the chicane before then you put me wide when you hit me from behind and drove on regardless of me flashing you..and you hit me from behind earlier in that race and you even flashed to apologise...i apologise for missing my breaking mark when i put you wide..you hit me twice in that race i hit you once so maybe you should look at ur own driving before commenting on mine...again i was decent enough to let you back past and you didnt????

l didnt hit you in the chicane. l'll upload a video, l recorded it live.
l even looked back to see how far you were behind and if l should anticipate a move from you in the following corner, but you were over 0.3 seconds behind, and no one would expect an overtake with that gap, especially not in this championship - the rules on overtaking are clear.

chig88
12-10-2015, 15:00
So after my mistake - sorry Chig - l found myself in P10

Don't worry, I only felt a small 'bump' so it didn't cause much of a problem.

I think I'm the opposite, the only time I really seem to be able to get near the front is in the modern race cars or modern road cars. The old cars are a real weak point for me - I'm dreading the Mustang :(.

l had an okay start, but again there was this weird rubberbanding effect, where certain cars would accelerate unrealistically fast and then suddenly go back to normal speed.

Yep - have seen that a lot. It's almost like it punishes you for getting a good start. Sometimes the car flys off the line and then just stops dead :(.

Not tried the car so not sure if it would be a good match for the Sierra, but Brands Hatch maybe? Love that track :).

TBH I'm kicking myself for suggesting California Highway - didn't realise how time consuming it would be.

Maybe something shorter to allow more attempts? Monaco with Formula A, B or C would be interesting & fun. If we can't use them for racing then why not for time trialling? :D

Pink_650S
Second Time Trial? Nordschleife with Bentley Continental

l was thinking about a section of the Nordschleife, so it doesnt take so long to go for another try if you screwed up.
l think thats why some didnt try often on California Highway. And tbh l'm one of those people ;)

Pidgey_69
l didnt hit you in the chicane. l'll upload a video, l recorded it live.
l even looked back to see how far you were behind and if l should anticipate a move from you in the following corner, but you were over 0.3 seconds behind, and no one would expect an overtake with that gap, especially not in this championship - the rules on overtaking are clear.

Must have been a ghost that pushed my car wide so...and i just told you i missed my breaking point i wasn't going for a move...just to refresh ur memory zolder in the e30 m3 last 2 corners you hit me and even apologised in ur write up after you put me on the gravel..but i see its different when you do it...think before you talk is a saying u should learn from

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 15:03
l dont know about you and others, but l cant see a hit from me in the chicane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR_INhEdI-0

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 15:09
Must have been a ghost that pushed my car wide so...and i just told you i missed my breaking point i wasn't going for a move...just to refresh ur memory zolder in the e30 m3 last 2 corners you hit me and even apologised in ur write up after you put me on the gravel..but i see its different when you do it...think before you talk is a saying u should learn from

Really?
l apologized right after the incident in my write-up, you havent.
l didnt take advantage of our incident at Zolder, yesterday you just drove away and let me pass 2 or 3 laps later when you noticed that l was catching you again.
If you missed your braking point and knew you were at fault, why didnt you give the position back right away? Seems a bit weird to me.

Grijo
12-10-2015, 15:25
Brands Hatch??

Kebaba4life
12-10-2015, 15:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NotTRTuwNPc

Very annoyed

chig88
12-10-2015, 16:01

Very annoyed

I know this isn't the purpose of the video, and that was a dumb move by whoever did it (I think I know who), but man - I got an awesome start for once!

Wish I could do that every race! :)

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 16:08

Very annoyed

Thats Pidgey, right? Cool.
Was this also someone else's fault, l wonder?

Brands Hatch??

No, l found a different solution.
Tried the Sierra at Brands Hatch and its not fun :/
Also tried the Mustang on several tracks, but as soon as the track has many turns and sudden direction changes - which most tracks have - the car becomes a pain to drive.

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 16:20
Date

Race

Cars

Laps

Track

Time of Day

Podium

Ford Sierra Gr. A

Watkins Glen Short

3 AM x15 / 26 July

18 Oct.

GT3 Class

Le Mans 24 Hours

3 PM x1

Grijo
12-10-2015, 16:31
No Mustang? :culpability:. GT3 in LeMans? How about Silverstone? Or Sakkito?

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 16:41
No Mustang? :culpability:. GT3 in LeMans? How about Silverstone? Or Sakkito?

Yea, no Mustang this month.
l think the GT3 class can be really interesting at Le Mans. You wont see the usual contenders on track, trust me :) Also, who can find the best setup for straight line speed and who wants to sacrifice some of the topspeed to be more competitive through the chicanes, Indianapolis and the Porsche Curves?
l do believe that it will be a great race, plus we havent used these cars on this track yet :)

Sakitto we had last month on Monday and Silverstone is one of these tracks l only really like with Formula Cars or LMPs :( Dont know how you feel about it, but the track loses its appeal if l use cars with low downforce on it.
But l will keep it in mind for the future :)

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 16:41
SUNDAY RACES
Driver Standings - October

Pos.

Drivers

Overall

Bonus

TT

Linny

Pidgey

Pink

Chig

Grijo

Diesel

SuperBVB

-

Mantu

Linnuke

-

Delta

TheRussian

-

Nervoso

-

BenBradders

-

Wiewiurka

-

RipDavan

-

TIME TRIAL
Standings - RUF RGT-8 / California Highway Full

Pos.

Driver

Time

Mantu

7:21,894

Diesel

7:21,945

SuperBVB

7:23,479

Pidgey

7:24,110

Pink

7:27,219

Grijo

7:31,101

Chig

7:31,414

LinnyEK

7:40,027

Superbvb69
12-10-2015, 16:50
Ok.Hi wcc racing group.I must say something to pink and pidgey.I respect both of you,your both counting to the best drivers of our group.But your discussion sounds like war to me.I will tell you my sight of this special situation .Pink doesnt hit you pidgey,thats clear from the video.I looked it again and again .You drive with both right tyres over the bumper and thats i think was the reason that your car goes wide out.In the following situation you must believe pidgey that he missed his breaking point.Thats a driving mistake,that happens in every race.But pidgey,when it was your mistake you cannot drive on!!Give back the position just in time.Ok,i understand both of you.When i understand,it was the second time you both got in trouble.I completly understand that pink was frustrated.But when it happens a second time,maybe pidgey saw it like a little revenge.I can understand as well.I hope you understand what i mean.To describe it in english is ver difficult for me.I like both of you and i think its time to forget!!! I drive in this group,because i think we are a racing family.We will race so many races in future, i think there will be a lot of more driving mistakes to come.Bad english i think:-) so i finish with the words, respect ,honor and peace wcc racing group

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 16:57
To all those that havent read them yet or couldnt access them at all.
Please read them carefully, all incidents will be reviewed based on whats written there.

WCC Rules (http://wcars.jimdo.com/rules/)

Thanks again to Chig for developing it with me and putting it into acceptable English :)

Pidgey_69
12-10-2015, 17:22

Very annoyed

That was me man...just one question why did you let go of the brake and immediately get back on the brakes before i turned in...i had outbroke you and less than half ur car was up my inside so by real life rules you should have pulled out...you let go of the brakes when you realised you where not far enough up my inside and then ...id like to see that from a side view...im sorry for what happened to you but you cant point all the blame at me

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 17:27
Race Starts

• Maintain control of your car once the light goes green and stay in a straight line when possible. Wild manoeuvres across the grid are likely to cause a significant incident and are unacceptable.

• Remember: the race cannot be won in the first corner, but it can be lost! Your focus should be on getting around the first corner as quickly as possible and with as little contact as possible, not on trying to gain a large amount of places. Only attempt an overtaking manoeuvre if there is a clear gap.

You clearly cut him off, Pidgey.
There was no need for you to claim the inside of the corner, as there was plenty of space to your right.
At a race start you should expect someone on the inside, especially when you started on the outside. There's no excuse for this one.

In my opinion it was clearly your fault. Mantu had nowhere to go.

Pidgey_69
12-10-2015, 17:37
Race Starts

• Maintain control of your car once the light goes green and stay in a straight line when possible. Wild manoeuvres across the grid are likely to cause a significant incident and are unacceptable.

• Remember: the race cannot be won in the first corner, but it can be lost! Your focus should be on getting around the first corner as quickly as possible and with as little contact as possible, not on trying to gain a large amount of places. Only attempt an overtaking manoeuvre if there is a clear gap.

You clearly cut him off, Pidgey.
There was no need for you to claim the inside of the corner, as there was plenty of space to your right.
At a race start you should expect someone on the inside, especially when you started on the outside. There's no excuse for this one.

In my opinion it was clearly your fault. Mantu had nowhere to go.

Il repeat it agaiin because you clearly dont understand racing...for a move to be made at least half his car has to be up my inside and before he let off the brakes he wasn't as is clear to see...yes i could have stayed out wider but he could have backed off too...racing incident...as for me and you at the chicane watch the video again you shadowed my line into corner over the 1st kerb with the 2 right side wheels and no kerb on the 2nd corner whilst going at the same speed and i end up nearly touching the outside wall???? Must be that dam ghost again...as for what you said superbvb thanks for the compliment at the start and trust me i dont want to be fighting with pink either but ur saying it was because i hit the kerb and if thats what did cause it then why didnt it happen to her as she hit the same kerb?? I did leave her back past too she just forgot to mention that in her 1st post

Kebaba4life
12-10-2015, 17:47
You left it wide open, there was a clear gap and I went for it, because I'm a racing driver.. you know. You weren't properly ahead of me at any point in the start.

Nervoso13
12-10-2015, 17:50
I really like GT3 races and use my beautiful SLS GT3. Other races don't matter so much. Hahahahaha.
So, I can't wait for this LeMans GT3 race!!!

Just a little warning: I almost always drive in cockpit view, so can happen I hit someone in my side during some corner by accident. Because we have no how to watch our sides.

Pidgey_69
12-10-2015, 18:07
You left it wide open, there was a clear gap and I went for it, because I'm a racing driver.. you know. You weren't properly ahead of me at any point in the start.

As a racer so buddy you should know that you where never half way up my inside until you left off the brakes and dived up there...im not blaming you but we both could have avoided it

Kebaba4life
12-10-2015, 18:13
You didn't even try to defend. You left it wide open. Maybe I let go of the brakes too early and went on the brakes again? The corner was going to be very tight for me anyway..

Pidgey_69
12-10-2015, 18:21
You didn't even try to defend. You left it wide open. Maybe I let go of the brakes too early and went on the brakes again? The corner was going to be very tight for me anyway..

You did let of the brakes too early im glad you admitted that..so does that mean its still my fault???...well if i tried to defend against you ur front wheel would have hit my rear wheel which would have spun me around..as a racer i knew that..

Kebaba4life
12-10-2015, 18:25
I don't want to brake too late and force you off the track. I don't understand how I would have hit your rear wheel, if you went defensive before the corner..
You went to the right, you could have stayed in the middle of that track. Maybe I would have backed off then?

Pidgey_69
12-10-2015, 18:45
I don't want to brake too late and force you off the track. I don't understand how I would have hit your rear wheel, if you went defensive before the corner..

I appreciate that man and thats how it should be...because if i turned left to defend my position against you if we touched ur front right side wheel would have hit my left side rear wheel and probably spun me out..look man i hate all this over a back stuff but i wont be put wrong either...i always try race clean and fair unfortunately racing incidents happen and sometimes people make mistakes which leads to someone elses bad fortune happens...im sorry again ur race was compromised but you cant blame me for that without also blaming urself

Kebaba4life
12-10-2015, 18:54
I appreciate that man and thats how it should be...because if i turned left to defend my position against you if we touched ur front right side wheel would have hit my left side rear wheel and probably spun me out..look man i hate all this over a back stuff but i wont be put wrong either...i always try race clean and fair unfortunately racing incidents happen and sometimes people make mistakes which leads to someone elses bad fortune happens...im sorry again ur race was compromised but you cant blame me for that without also blaming urself

It's ok. It all would have been avoided if you left a tiny gap. You left it wide open, so it looked like you were going to leave a gap.. You had the advantage in the next corner anyway..
It happened and we can't change it. I appreciate your apology. :)

Rip_Davan
12-10-2015, 20:27

I'll be the first to apologise if I did anything wrong but I need to see footage of that. The only person I bumped was The_Russian and it didn't affect his race. If I'd known I hit somebody, I'd have given the place back instantly. I have a suspicion that it was lag who bumped you.

delta_reg
12-10-2015, 20:52
Can't wait to get started in the grind for next week again, 24 Hour Le Mans with GT3 should be amazing. :) I have a sneaking suspicion we'll mostly see Bentleys again but we'll see. :p

Grijo
12-10-2015, 20:54
I want to say one thing: shit happens in real life and in a game. And I believe that everyone here does not make mistakes on purpose. It has to be fun for everyone . Of course , there must be respect. I believe all make mistakes . We apologize and we continue . Respect to all.

The Russian
12-10-2015, 21:07
Great 1 1/2 hours work with the mustang wasted, brilliant. 1st changed car in tt now change car in race, may have to leave practice till Sunday so I know I'm in right car n track.

Kebaba4life
12-10-2015, 21:08
Bentley is op!

The Russian
12-10-2015, 21:18

Very annoyed

Sorry about the extra and unnecessary head on, don't know if the blue car was holding me wide (not on purpose) or if I was stuck on kerb.

The Russian
12-10-2015, 21:26
Do I not get any points for tt? I did register a lap

Kebaba4life
12-10-2015, 21:28
It's ok. You made it easier for me to get going again.

Kebaba4life
12-10-2015, 21:31
Do I not get any points for tt? I did register a lap

Only 8 fastest drivers get points.

chig88
12-10-2015, 22:26
Can't wait to get started in the grind for next week again, 24 Hour Le Mans with GT3 should be amazing. :) I have a sneaking suspicion we'll mostly see Bentleys again but we'll see. :p

I reported our Bathurst race in a thread the day after it happened as an example of how dominant the Bentley is, and one of the devs (the vehicle lead I think) said it sounded like the Bentley is too dominant & that he would look at refining the performance.

Read in the PC patch 5.0 notes the other day that the Bentley has now been changed to bring it in line with the other GT3 cars. So yes, our group is now dictating how the game develops! Sort of.... in a way..... okay, well not really but we helped a bit :D.

delta_reg
12-10-2015, 22:35
Haha, I'm not surprised. :p Cool though. :) And now that we dictated development we must do our job as testers this week on Le Mans. ;) Slightly Mad needs us as does Project Cars. :p

The Russian
12-10-2015, 22:40
Only 8 fastest drivers get points.

Yea, tried deleting post but it hasn't worked for some reason :D

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 23:15
Great 1 1/2 hours work with the mustang wasted, brilliant. 1st changed car in tt now change car in race, may have to leave practice till Sunday so I know I'm in right car n track.

Is it really that bad?

Bentley is op!

Give it a go on Le Mans and you will quickly see that its actually UP for that particular track :)

Pink_650S
12-10-2015, 23:23
Il repeat it agaiin because you clearly dont understand racing...for a move to be made at least half his car has to be up my inside and before he let off the brakes he wasn't as is clear to see...yes i could have stayed out wider but he could have backed off too...racing incident...as for me and you at the chicane watch the video again you shadowed my line into corner over the 1st kerb with the 2 right side wheels and no kerb on the 2nd corner whilst going at the same speed and i end up nearly touching the outside wall???? Must be that dam ghost again...as for what you said superbvb thanks for the compliment at the start and trust me i dont want to be fighting with pink either but ur saying it was because i hit the kerb and if thats what did cause it then why didnt it happen to her as she hit the same kerb?? I did leave her back past too she just forgot to mention that in her 1st post

You still say l hit you although the video is there? I didnt hit you, everyone with eyes can see it.
No point in discussing any further.

Pidgey_69
13-10-2015, 06:32
You still say l hit you although the video is there? I didnt hit you, everyone with eyes can see it.
No point in discussing any further.

Iv watched footage of that incident onboard and outside turns out it was a lag problem..my steering wheel is turning fully left and the feels like its been pushed wide but from the outside view there is no contact...at the time i did think you hit me but turns out to be lag..im sorry for blaming you but it did feel like i was pushed out wide

QPRLad
13-10-2015, 08:42
Switch mechanical damage on, before patch 5 comes out, the Bentley will blow its engine because it reaches its limiter down the straights. I think the car choice will determine the winner. Most likely an Aston. Can we use the GTE?

will anyone be holding a practice one evening this week? It would be good to jump in with a few top runners and see how you all do?

chig88
13-10-2015, 08:49
Switch mechanical damage on, before patch 5 comes out, the Bentley will blow its engine because it reaches its limiter down the straights. I think the car choice will determine the winner. Most likely an Aston. Can we use the GTE?

will anyone be holding a practice one evening this week? It would be good to jump in with a few top runners and see how you all do?

Going by the performance of the cars during the practice I did for the Nordscheleife race a few weeks ago I think I'll be going with the Aston GT3. Haven't tried the GTE yet so not sure what it's like, but I hear it's slower on the straights.

I'm up for a practice session if there are a few people on - maybe Friday?

chig88
13-10-2015, 12:29
@Pink - not sure if you've decided on the next time trial yet (is it for the 2nd half of this month or next month?), but another suggestion from me would be the Lotus 78 at Sakitto - would give us all a chance to feel like Mario Andretti for a few weeks :D.

Grijo
13-10-2015, 12:50
@Pink - not sure if you've decided on the next time trial yet (is it for the 2nd half of this month or next month?), but another suggestion from me would be the Lotus 78 at Sakitto - would give us all a chance to feel like Mario Andretti for a few weeks :D.

Iīm in!!!

Pink_650S
13-10-2015, 13:33
For the second half of the month :)
What do you think about the 72D to make things a little more difficult? :p

chig88
13-10-2015, 14:27

Don't think I've ever actually tried it (God, there are a lot of cars in this game I haven't got around to yet!) - I remember really enjoying the Lotus 78 when we raced it at Imola, but I'll try to give the 72D a test run tonight to see what it's like :).

Pink_650S
13-10-2015, 15:06
Don't think I've ever actually tried it (God, there are a lot of cars in this game I haven't got around to yet!) - I remember really enjoying the Lotus 78 when we raced it at Imola, but I'll try to give the 72D a test run tonight to see what it's like :).

I think its a lot of fun, you can drift with it and still be fast.
Guess l have a weakness for the F1 cars of that era, they just look amazing! :)

And the sound in chase cam :O

Pink_650S
13-10-2015, 15:14
@Ben, if you wish to drive the GTE, you can. But l think Chig is right that its slower. 60 bhp less l think?

Grijo
13-10-2015, 17:09

Hummm, I liked the idea!!! I already can smell rubber and gasoline! Maybe Iīm not good at it but I like a good challenge.

QPRLad
13-10-2015, 18:01
It's okay, I've chosen My car (providing testing goes to plan)

Rip_Davan
13-10-2015, 20:48
I think its a lot of fun, you can drift with it and still be fast.
Guess l have a weakness for the F1 cars of that era, they just look amazing! :)

And the sound in chase cam :O

Absolutely!! :D

chig88
14-10-2015, 09:42
Looks like the 5.0 patch is out so maybe the Bentley isn't going to be as dominant for Le Mans.

@Pink didn't get a chance to try the Lotus 72, but Grijo says it's awesome so I trust his opinion!

Also, had another idea that I thought might be cool - have you thought about doing 'theme' months? For example we could do GT3 month & use a different GT3 car for every race (I think there are 9 in total so we could leave one out & do 8 different cars for the 8 races, and maybe use the one left out for the time trial?).

Or we could do Classic F1 Month or Prototype Month :).

Grijo
14-10-2015, 10:41
I was thinking of proposing something like that, but there may be a problem : if someone does not identify with a category, It can have a bad performance all season. In our case , I believe that diversity brings more competitiveness...except for Linny, man, this guy is fast!!!

Grijo
14-10-2015, 10:44
Looks like the 5.0 patch is out so maybe the Bentley isn't going to be as dominant for Le Mans.

@Pink didn't get a chance to try the Lotus 72, but Grijo says it's awesome so I trust his opinion!

Also, had another idea that I thought might be cool - have you thought about doing 'theme' months? For example we could do GT3 month & use a different GT3 car for every race (I think there are 9 in total so we could leave one out & do 8 different cars for the 8 races, and maybe use the one left out for the time trial?).

Don't thrust me Chig, I'm only a crazy Brazilian man lol!

chig88
14-10-2015, 10:52
I was thinking of proposing something like that, but there may be a problem : if someone does not identify with a category, It can have a bad performance all season. In our case , I believe that diversity brings more competitiveness...except for Linny, man, this guy is fast!!!

Yeah that's something I considered, but with the GT & Prototype categories I think everyone can go fairly quickly with just a bit of practice. The GT3 races we've done in the past (like Bathurst & Nordscheleife) have always been very close in qualifying at least.

I like the diversity of the championship & I wouldn't want it to turn into a one-class series, but with these cars being quite consistent & easy to drive I think it might give some of the guys at the back a chance to move further up the grid & improve - just something to think about anyway :).

Don't thrust me Chig, I'm only a crazy Brazilian man lol!

Haha, I trust Brazillians on F1 cars more than most - you guys have history lol :D.

QPRLad
14-10-2015, 11:04

Leave the Ruf Out.

QPRLad
14-10-2015, 11:10
I like the diversity of the championship & I wouldn't want it to turn into a one-class series, but with these cars being quite consistent & easy to drive I think it might give some of the guys at the back a chance to move further up the grid & improve - just something to think about anyway :).

I think it will always be the same whatever car we use. Some people just understand what set up is needed to improve a car.
What about a mixed grid champ or a Pro/Am? Stick you faster guys in a GT3 and us snails in an LMP and see how that goes. My guess carnage but nice and entertaining.

chig88
14-10-2015, 11:12
Leave the Ruf Out.

It's awesome! :).

If you get the ride height & brake bias right on that car it absolutely flies you can almost do anything you want with it without making a mistake. Discovering that car was the big positive of last week for me.

Grijo
14-10-2015, 12:09
It's awesome! :).

If you get the ride height & brake bias right on that car it absolutely flies you can almost do anything you want with it without making a mistake. Discovering that car was the big positive of last week for me.

For me RUF GT3 itīs one of my favourite cars. But I like all RUFs. I wanted to do a race with Yellow Bird...I said: Iīm a crazy man!!!

The Russian
14-10-2015, 14:43
The Aston gt3 is a beast on le mans, hitting top speeds as well as going round corners :)

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 15:14
Has anyone tried the Continental post patch 5.0 yet?

I just tested pitstops and will have to create a thread on it yet again.

chig88
14-10-2015, 15:17
Has anyone tried the Continental post patch 5.0 yet?

I just tested pitstops and will have to create a thread on it yet again.

Nope - haven't even been able to download the patch yet :(.

Why, are they still not working?

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 15:59
Take a look :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40825-Pitstops-Post-Patch-5-0-Wow!&p=1147839#post1147839

Diesel98
14-10-2015, 16:17
Take a look :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40825-Pitstops-Post-Patch-5-0-Wow!&p=1147839#post1147839

Good to see their finally working as intended offline, does this mean pit stops in our races next month if they work online? :D

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 16:20
Date

Track

Car

Time Trial

14 October - 25 October

Sakitto GP

Lotus 72D

SUNDAY

Pos.

Drivers

Overall

Bonus

TT

Pidgey

Linny

Pink

Grijo

Chig

Diesel

SuperBVB

-

Mantu

Linnuke

-

-

Delta

-

TheRussian

-

-

Nervoso

-

-

BenBradders

-

-

Wiewiurka

-

-

RipDavan

-

-

TIME TRIAL
RESULTS - RUF RGT-8 / California Highway Full

Pos.

Driver

Time

Mantu

7:21,658

Diesel

7:21,945

SuperBVB

7:23,479

Pidgey

7:23,868

Pink

7:27,219

Grijo

7:31,101

Chig

7:31,414

LinnyEK

7:40,027

What has changed: Thanks to the Time Trial points, Pidgey claimed the lead in the monthly standings. And Grijo overtook Chig.
Congrats to Mantu for the great lap and 8 points! :)

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 16:20
Good to see their finally working as intended offline, does this mean pit stops in our races next month if they work online? :D

Maybe? :D

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 16:57
Okay, l honestly think the Continental has been nerfed into oblivion.
Its so slow now, lost all its torgue. :concern:

I dont know how it compares to the other GT3s in a race though, it might be Ginetta 2.0.

QPRLad
14-10-2015, 22:13
So this is my video of the RUF and the braking issues I had at Monza.

http://youtu.be/wluq8vqyIbk

I'm having the exact same issues with the Sierra, I have managed one problem free lap, which happened to be my very first lap. A 1.15.5XX which I was happy with, then with stickier/warmer tires came a lot of oversteer. I changed a few things again and now I have the brake issues no matter how warm/cold my car is? BP on the Sierra is 87% was 62% to the front but I moved it to 50% then after half a lap I gave up and turned off. Any thoughts?

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 22:19

I'm having the exact same issues with the Sierra, I have managed one problem free lap, which happened to be my very first lap. A 1.15.5XX which I was happy with, then with stickier/warmer tires came a lot of oversteer. I changed a few things again and now I have the brake issues no matter how warm/cold my car is? BP on the Sierra is 87% was 62% to the front but I moved it to 50% then after half a lap I gave up and turned off. Any thoughts?

No idea tbh, l have no problems with the brakes.

chig88
14-10-2015, 22:43

It's tough to tell without actually driving the car, but a few observations on what you might be able to do to get around it going purely off the video:

1. It looks like you're breaking far too hard too early, although that may have been because you were having problems with the car, so if you don't usually brake that early ignore this :)

2. The car looks like the back is trying to swap ends with the front. From my experience setting the brake mapping higher will help A LOT with this. It stabilises the rear end under heavy braking. If this doesn't completely remove the problem then try keeping a very small amount of throttle on in the early part of the braking zone. If you feel the car start to 'push' along the track, back off the throttle. I use this technique sometimes, but I'm not sure how easy it would be with a controller.

3. This might be just my driving style (hard & late on the brakes), but 87% pressure sounds too low. I usually don't go any lower than 90%, and I'd say on average I'm usually at 95% for most cars. Try upping it in small amounts until you feel confident in every braking zone.

4. Not sure about the brake ratio in the Sierra because I haven't tried it yet - what ratio were you using in the RUF?

PureMalt77
15-10-2015, 00:58
Hey dear racers, missing me already? :cool:
I'm missing a lot of things from what I can read lately! Interesting races, patch 5.0, have a lot to catch up for November look like...
Apologies for my delay with the detailed stats, been quite busy in the last days :(

cheers! :very_drunk:

Pink_650S
15-10-2015, 01:34
Hey Malt, having a good... uhm. whatever you're having? Work journey? :p
Its been good lately, we'll have to try online pitstops soon :)

QPRLad
15-10-2015, 08:23
It's tough to tell without actually driving the car, but a few observations on what you might be able to do to get around it going purely off the video:

1. It looks like you're breaking far too hard too early, although that may have been because you were having problems with the car, so if you don't usually brake that early ignore this :)

2. The car looks like the back is trying to swap ends with the front. From my experience setting the brake mapping higher will help A LOT with this. It stabilises the rear end under heavy braking. If this doesn't completely remove the problem then try keeping a very small amount of throttle on in the early part of the braking zone. If you feel the car start to 'push' along the track, back off the throttle. I use this technique sometimes, but I'm not sure how easy it would be with a controller.

3. This might be just my driving style (hard & late on the brakes), but 87% pressure sounds too low. I usually don't go any lower than 90%, and I'd say on average I'm usually at 95% for most cars. Try upping it in small amounts until you feel confident in every braking zone.

4. Not sure about the brake ratio in the Sierra because I haven't tried it yet - what ratio were you using in the RUF?

It's hard to say where and when I brake, most of the time I override the braking line, for a near on perfect entry but then sometimes I find myself being at corner speed about 10m before the apex losing me a lot of time.

If I'm being honest, I thought Brake mapping worked the other way around. I will try this because I know most cars it's set as low as possible.

I do not normally have brake pressure below 90% unless they are so good like the Zakspeed. I will try this tonight and see how I do. Thanks Chigg.

GTPZ_Fastback
15-10-2015, 09:15

I think you have a problem with the diff. or with the brake assignment. the values are too high you block the wheels. Do you have the brake too far back, breaking your tail off.

QPRLad
15-10-2015, 09:37
I think you have a problem with the diff. or with the brake assignment. the values are too high you block the wheels. Do you have the brake too far back, breaking your tail off.

I will look later after work, but if i remember it was about 60% or 63% towards the front. I think I've made a silly mistake and removed the brake mapping.
I will post a pick of my tune later.

chig88
15-10-2015, 09:46
I will look later after work, but if i remember it was about 60% or 63% towards the front. I think I've made a silly mistake and removed the brake mapping.
I will post a pick of my tune later.

I think that's about where mine was - somewhere around 60% for Monza & around 65% for California Highway.

The brake mapping is set to 7 by default, so try upping it to 8 (or 9 if it goes that far).

chig88
15-10-2015, 20:09
Anyone set times for Sunday yet?

Pink_650S
15-10-2015, 20:25

Russian said 1:16.
And Ben 1:15 l think.

I will give both tracks a go later. :)
What l did though, l tested all GT3 cars for their topspeed on Le Mans. Some surprises. :p

The Russian
15-10-2015, 20:56
What l did though, l tested all GT3 cars for their topspeed on Le Mans. Some surprises. :p

Like what? :)

Pink_650S
15-10-2015, 21:49
Like what? :)

Haha, it would be lame if l told you :)
What l can say is, the Ginetta isnt the fastest :D

But l think l've made my choice.
Have you?

QPRLad
15-10-2015, 22:13
I was pleasantly surprised at the top end of my selected car. And the brakes have the ability to slow the globe!
Only managing a 4.01 with a large tank. I know I can go quicker but I focuses more on the Sierra.

I've solved My issue with the Sierra and it was down to springs being to soft and zero brake mapping. Thanks for all your help guys. Also at Watkins, stay off the kerbs.

The Russian
15-10-2015, 22:33
Dunno yet, only tested 1 car so far

Rip_Davan
15-10-2015, 22:56
What's with all the secrecy regarding car speeds? I thought we were all here to help each other improve. The simple fact for me is that I'm just not fast enough, regardless of the car I'm driving. I don't think there is too much reason to be threatened by Ben, The_Russian and I, at least not yet. We find it hard to learn anything because we all seem to find it too hard to share some actual tips with each other.

I'm not trying to start anything. I just feel that the notion of fun in this championship is being lost. When you are not prepared to offer up some simple information it suggests to me that winning is more important than enjoying yourself.

I don't mind being a back marker. I know that, with time, I will improve but a little mentoring could accelerate that learning process. I'm a driver, not an engineer.... Well, I'm a chemical engineer but that's mostly irrelevant to racing of any kind :p

I'm not asking the best drivers to give up their trade secrets, just some actual tips. Learning the top speed of a car is certainly not going to suddenly make change my vehicle. I've been practising with the SLS and that's what I'll race with :)

PureMalt77
16-10-2015, 00:09
What's with all the secrecy regarding car speeds? I thought we were all here to help each other improve. The simple fact for me is that I'm just not fast enough, regardless of the car I'm driving. I don't think there is too much reason to be threatened by Ben, The_Russian and I, at least not yet. We find it hard to learn anything because we all seem to find it too hard to share some actual tips with each other.

I'm not trying to start anything. I just feel that the notion of fun in this championship is being lost. When you are not prepared to offer up some simple information it suggests to me that winning is more important than enjoying yourself.

I don't mind being a back marker. I know that, with time, I will improve but a little mentoring could accelerate that learning process. I'm a driver, not an engineer.... Well, I'm a chemical engineer but that's mostly irrelevant to racing of any kind :p

I'm not asking the best drivers to give up their trade secrets, just some actual tips. Learning the top speed of a car is certainly not going to suddenly make change my vehicle. I've been practising with the SLS and that's what I'll race with :)

I fully understand your frustration! Especially considering your efforts to race with us given your time zone.
While ago I suggested some form of Driver Development Program, but is a bit hard to materialize it (resources, time).

- Drivers could post tips as you say, not necessarily full car setups, but enough tips to improve lap times. As people is testing and posting lap times, it's not much more effort to do it. As an incentive for people who post useful tips, some form of bonus points could be assigned in the future.

- Another take could be that the top drivers will coach another 1 or 2 drivers. Setups could be shared between the coach and trainees, laps can be posted in Youtube and shared for driving analysis. But this takes time and resources. People would hate to have me as coach, as sometimes I only practice for the race the day before or in the same day due to time limitation.

Before this championship I had a long data exchange with Pink about our point system and ways to keep the not-so-fast drivers interested. Not an easy task and I think we learn things everyday. Don't give up, I'm sure she will improve our league more and more!

PureMalt77
16-10-2015, 02:27
My tips, if it helps in anything... Sorry if they are too generic, but since I'm not racing this month, can't give something specific to the car & track. My console is 10.000 Km away from me right now :)

I realized after some time that car setup is there to shave of some seconds, but most of my lap times were improved by better driving and better analyzing the track. Only after you understand what the track demands and the deficiencies of the car at specific sectors, you can think about car setup. No, I'm not a master in car setup, but know one thing or another to at least compensate a bit these deficiencies.

For instance, I had a bad habit of steering too much. After you enter an understeer condition, it does not help to steer more, you only burn rubber. This is very noticeable at certain tracks, eg. Willow Springs, where most people complain of front left tire wear after 2-3 laps. If you race with a wheel, and your FFB is properly set, you can actually feel when you achieved the best grip. This is just one small example of several little things I learned over time to improve my driving skills.

Lately, if I should give my master tip: prioritize corner exist in exchange of late braking. You will attempt to brake late in a move to overtake or defend position, but your rule of thumb should be to take the corner in a way to maximize exit speed. If you drive with the assist line, turn it off! Yes, sounds crazy, and maybe helpful to learn a track, but the skid marks are enough really. The best driving/braking line is not what the game suggest in my opinion. Its not so plain simple of course, but a starting point. It helped me a lot.

Finally, practice! Play some offline races too, set your opponent AI to 100% and you will have a hell of a job to fight them! Interestingly, you can watch the computer racing from the pits, and that will give you a pretty decent reference about braking points, speeds, gear used at each corner. I know, is a computer, but the computer times will be 1-2s below real humans at 100% difficulty!

At last, check out a bunch series of videos from this website: http://safeisfast.com

OK, long enough. Malt going to get some sleep now! :sleeping:

The Russian
16-10-2015, 07:52
That is what we talking about regarding tips etc. Not full setups or anything like that, but driving tips for cornering, line and braking etc, maybe say "this cars brakes are better this way" or "if u using this car, the slow bumps will need adjusting on this track" etc etc. Like rip_davan said, don't have to share full setups, just general help, shows us the odd weak point for the cars we using on the track we using, so we got some sort of starting point to build from.

Like I said before, I ain't fast and I ain't pulling trees up in the championship, but I enjoy racing with everyone. :)

GTPZ_Fastback
16-10-2015, 08:17
I also tested.
Watkins Glen 1.13,251
24H 3.55,657
For both routes, it goes even faster.
The Aston is really fast, but then he has a very loose rear. So be careful

chig88
16-10-2015, 08:38
I'm happy to share tips on setup and driving (as I did with Ben) but half the time I'm not even in the top 3 myself so I don't know what help it would be.

Also happy to post a video of a lap for each track each week, but at the moment I'm not usually getting a chance to practice until the Friday/Saturday before the race, so it wouldn't give people much chance to gain anything from it. Happy to do it though if people wanted.

I think half the problem is that the fastest drivers don't really seem to participate in the forum until after the race :(.

QPRLad
16-10-2015, 09:00
The only car i have ever been happy with and absolutely smashed people online is the Aston @ Monza, i tested & tweaked with a setting an consistently put 1'48s lap after lap.

other than that car/track, I really find it hard to get consistent laps without making mistakes in braking. Braking is my only downfall, because i use the line, i rely on it too much and lose alot of time either over braking and accelerating again before the corner or not enough and running wide. I guess that is only really something i can improve, Thank you malt for your Tips.

When I choose a car, I look at the fastest lap times in the steam leaderboards and then choose the car which is a mix of the fastest and most smooth.
I think we will see a grid of Aston's & SLS's @ Le Mans.

QPRLad
16-10-2015, 09:02
My First race was Le Mans with the LMP900s and it was one of my best finishes, I just hope this will be similar, although i hope Fastback is one of the Leaders and not Mid pack!!! What a Time.

Grijo
16-10-2015, 13:35

Iīm still working on my Sierra and selecting a car for Le Mans: I have not tested all yet.

EDIT: Iīm still working in the Lotus 72 D too. My first flying laps with this was 1.46, 1.45 I think

chig88
16-10-2015, 13:38
Just to add a bit more on this topic (and I hope this doesn't come off as a rant because I don't intend it to).

I really miss the good old days (like, 2 months ago :D) when everyone was on here sharing their thoughts on the cars & tracks for the upcoming week. Seeing as we don't do practice sessions (which I agree with) it was almost like having a virtual practice session during the week without everyone having to be in the game at the same time. I know the game has been out a while now & people have come and gone (and interest in the game has probably dropped off a bit), but it really was half the fun for me. It's a real shame that there are only a handful of people committed to posting here :(.

@Pink / whoever else has an opinion - one idea for driver development/the website. I remember in the Codemaster F1 games that they had Anthony Davidson doing a lap of each track as a guide. Perhaps we could do this at the start of each month & upload it to the website for people to get an idea of lines/braking points etc? One person could do it every month (I would be happy to), or we could rotate it so that someone different does it each month.

They wouldn't have to be mega quick laps, just something to give a taster of what we're in for. Obviously this person would need to know the monthly calendar in plenty of time to do it though.

Grijo
16-10-2015, 14:29
Letīs share:
Iīm not an expert. I donīt know how to tweak some stuff.

The most important thing here is: you have to sense the car, how it feels for you, what it says to you and what you want the car do. Most of the time you will improve some aspect and another will get worse. You have to balance this to your style and I donīt have a formula to that. You have to tweak and run. Not satisfied? Try do tweak again. And some stuff work better when you tweak other at the same time. I donīt know how to explain exactly how to do, but itīs something like that. Tries and errors.

Letīs begin:

Tyres – Hard tyres: Less heating, less tyres consumption, less grip.
Soft Tyres: More heating, more consumption, more grip.
Medium Tyres: Between hard and soft.
OBS: For road cars, the best tyre is the street medium (in my opinion).

Tyre pressure - Can help with understeer or oversteer. If youīre using hard tyres, helps with bumpy tracks too.

Camber angle – Less: Helps with acceleration, braking and top speed. Cornering ability will get worse.
More: Total opposite from what I wrote above.

Swaybars – Can help with understeer or oversteer. Less or more, you have to test it. Mess with conrnering ability too (sometimes), for better and worse. Can help with bumpy tracks also.

Differential – ACC lock: More wil help with traction but cornering can get worse. Can cause some oversteer.
Less: Opposite.
DEC. Lock: More will help with oversteer and helps to control some road cars with “too much cornering ability”. Your fuel consumption will get worse. Your acceleration and top speed can be affected for worse.
Less: Will improve your fuel consumption. For some racing cars can improve cornering ability with some oversteer. Improved acceleration and top speed.

Brake duct and radiator – More: Helps to cool the systems but affects top speed and acceleration for less.
Less: Opposite

Brake mapping – More: Will help with oversteer and helps to control some road cars with “too much cornering ability”. Your fuel consumption will get worse. Your acceleration and top speed can be affected for worse.
Less: Will improve your fuel consumption. For some racing cars can improve cornering ability with some oversteer. Improved acceleration and top speed.

Downforce – Can help with understeer or oversteer. Less or more, you have to test it. Mess with conrnering ability too, for better and worse. More downforce will decrease your acceleration and top speed. Less wil do the opposite.

Longitudinal Weight Bias – Can help with understeer or oversteer transferring weight from front to back and vice versa. Less or more, you have to test it. Mess with conrnering ability too, for better and worse.

Thatīs what I know so far. I think some stuff are intuitive like brake pressure and brake balance. But not always more means more. Maybe more can be less. Now itīs up to you. I hope this helps.

LinnyEK4
16-10-2015, 14:46
I'm happy to share tips on setup and driving (as I did with Ben) but half the time I'm not even in the top 3 myself so I don't know what help it would be.

Also happy to post a video of a lap for each track each week, but at the moment I'm not usually getting a chance to practice until the Friday/Saturday before the race, so it wouldn't give people much chance to gain anything from it. Happy to do it though if people wanted.

I think half the problem is that the fastest drivers don't really seem to participate in the forum until after the race :(.

True i'm not often here and i'm sorry for that but my english isn't good at all it's why i don't post. I would be happy to share anything who can improve anyone the idea of a video lap is good

Grijo
16-10-2015, 14:52
Iīm sorry about any mistakes in my english in what I wrote above, I never studied english in my life. I learned with music, movies and games, of course.

chig88
16-10-2015, 14:54
True i'm not often here and i'm sorry for that but my english isn't good at all it's why i don't post. I would be happy to share anything who can improve anyone the idea of a video lap is good

Iīm sorry about any mistakes in my english in what I wrote above, I never studied english in my life. I learned with music, movies and games, of course.

Both of you speak very good English - don't worry about it :).

If you guys hadn't said I wouldn't have even known you weren't English :).

You guys deserve credit for being able to speak several languages - I started to learn Spanish about a year ago but got sidetracked & didn't keep up with it!

QPRLad
16-10-2015, 15:06
Your English is better than most Teenagers now-a-days Grijo.

Kebaba4life
16-10-2015, 15:38
I got a tip:
If there is any corners on the track, don't use the Aston Martin.

Superbvb69
16-10-2015, 16:34
Hi hell raisers.I want to ask you all something .Whats in hell is this new fuc._.patch 5.0? 5th times now the game completly break down in the time trial.Had very good times.You get a black screen and then nothing will go.All your times are lost.I am completly pissed of.Congrats slightlymad studios!!!You made it.Make a good game worther with every new patch.After the last patch the pitstops doesnt work and now this.Another thing.Make my setup for the time trial in a practise session.There i can drive sakitto in 1.42.125. I go with the same setup to the time trial and the car completly react different??!! On some tracks you will get a left front overhead tyre.You can change your setup ,but you will not to be able to cool down that tyre.And thats the mistakes that i found out since the release of this cool patch.I will not know ,what we will find out in the near future.Now i am one step away to put this game in my trashcan and never play it again.Another congrats to the development studios.A very big racing game fan now search for a racing game that works!!! Greetings wcc racing group!!

Pink_650S
16-10-2015, 16:56
Really enjoying the discussion you guys are having :)

To be honest l'm open for sharing setups with the people that struggle with them, but l dont see the point to tell everyone what l found out in detail while my own practice sessions. It sounds harsh at first - since we are all here to have fun - but think again. If l told you everything l found and shared all setups in detail, you could all just sit back and relax until raceday :p Thats why l keep at least some secrets, and so should you :)

Another thing: IIRC no one has really asked for anything specifically, except for Ben with his brake issue and l think Chig helped him quite a lot. Also Malt and Grijo gave good info, so its not like nobody wants to help :)

Malt said something about trainees. I guess Delta would be mine (with all due respect of course :))
I like to help him, he asks a lot and shows that he wants to improve, so thats fun, especially to see him do well.
Maybe we can try to bring teams back next month? That could help to form "partnerships" where drivers can learn from each other.

As for Chig's idea about the hotlaps for upcoming races. Would you like to volunteer? I would give you the calendar for next month early so you could do that. :)

@BVB: l have had a freeze too during Time Trial. And l have also read about it that people are still suffering many crashes to XMB :(
We'll have to see how it effects us next Sunday. I hope it wont.

PS: None of you should worry about your English! Its fine :) We can understand each other and thats what matters. And dont let this keep you from interacting with the group :)

chig88
16-10-2015, 17:06
Sure I can do the lap videos.

Pink_650S
16-10-2015, 17:06
I realized after some time that car setup is there to shave of some seconds, but most of my lap times were improved by better driving and better analyzing the track. Only after you understand what the track demands and the deficiencies of the car at specific sectors, you can think about car setup. No, I'm not a master in car setup, but know one thing or another to at least compensate a bit these deficiencies.
ing line is not what the game suggest in my opinion. Its not so plain simple of course, but a starting point. It helped me a lot.

So much this^
I would even say that this comes way before thinking about making any setup changes.

Pink_650S
16-10-2015, 17:08
Sure I can do the lap videos.

Cool, would you also write something? Like a track guide...

chig88
16-10-2015, 17:22
Cool, would you also write something? Like a track guide...

What just like the names of the corners & stuff?

PureMalt77
16-10-2015, 17:40
What just like the names of the corners & stuff?

Write is a pain in the a***.
How easy is to add a voice commentary in the PS4? If that is easy, I would run a slow lap explaining the track, and a hot lap...

Grijo
16-10-2015, 17:49
How easy is to add a voice commentary in the PS4? If that is easy, I would run a slow lap explaining the track, and a hot lap...

I want the option to listen the lap comments by James Earl Jones :D

Pink_650S
16-10-2015, 18:50
Well, something like a general guide. When to brake, what to watch out for, important other things etc. etc. :)

chig88
16-10-2015, 19:47

You don't want me commentating, trust me - you guys probably wouldn't be able to understand my accent :).

Well, something like a general guide. When to brake, what to watch out for, important other things etc. etc. :)

I'll try but I'm not sure how time consuming that would be (or if I would have much to say really). Perhaps just a few notes over the video would be okay?

Pink_650S
16-10-2015, 21:13
You don't want me commentating, trust me - you guys probably wouldn't be able to understand my accent :).

I'll try but I'm not sure how time consuming that would be (or if I would have much to say really). Perhaps just a few notes over the video would be okay?

Yea, l mean, you suggested it, you know best how you wanted it to be :)

The Russian
16-10-2015, 23:28
Can I just say a big thanks to DruShan for the help he gave me last night, was much appreciated. He took time to answer my simple questions while he was doing something else, I even told him to tell me to leave him alone while had done but he said no n just carried on giving me advice on what to look for in the gt3 race setup. He even offered me his setup to look at, but I declined as I didn't want to just copy someone else's setup that is racing against me, as I stated before I just want help n advice with my own setups, cos then that would also be a plus to know that I did well using my own setup rather than someone else's. Cheers again DruShan, a big thumbs up from me, again :eagerness:

Cheers Dave

Pink_650S
17-10-2015, 00:54
Btw guys.
What are we going to do with the races next week and the week after?
There will be F1 races at the time we usually start.
Suggestions?

Grijo
17-10-2015, 01:33
Btw guys.
What are we going to do with the races next week and the week after?
There will be F1 races at the time we usually start.
Suggestions?

I don't see F1 race. I don't know about the others.

The Russian
17-10-2015, 09:14
I don't watch f1 anymore, not done for years, too boring now. What other races are on?

DruShan_87
17-10-2015, 10:27
Can I just say a big thanks to DruShan for the help he gave me last night, was much appreciated. He took time to answer my simple questions while he was doing something else, I even told him to tell me to leave him alone while had done but he said no n just carried on giving me advice on what to look for in the gt3 race setup. He even offered me his setup to look at, but I declined as I didn't want to just copy someone else's setup that is racing against me, as I stated before I just want help n advice with my own setups, cos then that would also be a plus to know that I did well using my own setup rather than someone else's. Cheers again DruShan, a big thumbs up from me, again :eagerness:

Cheers Dave

No problem at all dave hopefully I helped you some bit I'm still a bit lost myself with some of the set ups. About the f1 could we start our race a little earlier or either race on the Monday it wouldn't bother me if I had to record it and watch it later sunday night. Hamilton has it in the bag already anyway.

The Russian
17-10-2015, 10:55
I can't race Monday, got karate at that time, then it's time with our lass through week, Fri,sat and Sunday night is when I'm on.

Yea you did give some very good information and some ideas of what to do next to help my problems:)

delta_reg
17-10-2015, 15:28
So much this^
I would even say that this comes way before thinking about making any setup changes.

Exactly. For me I always try to get a good feel for the track and car before making setup changes. I feel like tuning helps to fine tune a performance but it doesn't make the performance, practice on the track does. And really in order to understand what changes are best in the setup and tune correctly one needs to know the feel of the track and car as much possible first. :) So yeah, it's nice to get setup tips and it helps, but it's important to practice first and foremost.

I have a lot to learn about setups and driving but I'd say this forum thread has always been a big help for me with all of the discussions and tips each week and for that I'm thankful. :) Like Grijo's general setup guide he posted, just for an example. And Pink's always helped me out and made it really fun to improve and participate, I'm thankful for that. :)

I agree that having teams again could help the less experienced or skilled drivers out if we set the teams up right with the better drivers paired with the drivers not consistently near the top. :) Maybe we could get rid of the individual points championship one month and have only a team championship, that would really promote teamwork I think and it'd be really fun imo. :)

Hmm yeah I didn't realize the time conflict with F1 races and our schedule there. I'd like to watch the race in US to be honest since I haven't before, so if we moved our time slot a little earlier in the day I'd be okay with it. But if we don't I'd always choose to race here first. :)

Grijo
17-10-2015, 17:56
I agree that having teams again could help the less experienced or skilled drivers out if we set the teams up right with the better drivers paired with the drivers not consistently near the top. :) Maybe we could get rid of the individual points championship one month and have only a team championship, that would really promote teamwork I think and it'd be really fun imo. :)

I loved the idea Delta!

The Russian
17-10-2015, 22:53
Thanks superbvb for tonight, we had a good practice session on Watkins glen, enjoyed it and enjoyed talking with you aswell, gave me some tips for sierra some worked some didn't, but that's what we were there for, I still not got it perfect but I did manage a 1:15.xxx when I swapped some settings back, so I think we did something right somewhere :D.

Another big thumbs up from me :eagerness:

Cheers Dave

Pink_650S
17-10-2015, 23:48
If you guys dont mind about F1, then l would just sit those two races out myself, before l move them to an earlier time. So there would be no hassle for anyone and the regular start time could remain :)

chig88
18-10-2015, 00:04
A few practice times:

Watkins Glen: 1.13.6
Le Mans: 3.56.5

Had a quick go at the time trial & did 1:43.9 but got the blue screen crash before I could save it :mad:.

P.S. I'm happy to just record F1 & watch it afterwards if the races are going to be at the normal time.

Grijo
18-10-2015, 00:52
A few practice times:

Watkins Glen: 1.13.6
Le Mans: 3.56.5

Had a quick go at the time trial & did 1:43.9 but got the blue screen crash before I could save it :mad:.

P.S. I'm happy to just record F1 & watch it afterwards if the races are going to be at the normal time.

Faster than me as always. I am about 1.14.3 and 3.58.4 in today practice

Rip_Davan
18-10-2015, 01:02
I am out indefinitely :(

Unfortunately, the guy I swapped shifts with is not enjoying the day shift and I was asked by the boss if I minded changing back this morning. The other dude has a young family and kinda needs the higher pay we get for an afternoon shift. I don't have children or any real commitments except for this and I'm sure another opportunity for afternoon shifts will arise but for now, I'm stuck with day shift.

I'll be sticking around on the forum, keeping up to date and when my circumstances change, I'll most definitely be hitting Pink up for an invitation back in to the team.

I'm really disappointed, we had some good discussion this week and I made a lot of progress.... Well, with the Sierra, at least. 1.13.908 was my quickest yesterday and I was still not quite happy with a couple of corners.

I have to leave at 6:00am which will be an hour in to precedings and I'll need at least half an hour before that to get ready.

I sincerely apologise to Pink and the team for my, yet again, inconsistent showing and wish you all luck in this and future championships. I will endeavour to be a part of this awesome, fun and friendly team again as soon as I can.

Thank you Pink and thank you team :D

chig88
18-10-2015, 01:28
Faster than me as always. I am about 1.14.3 and 3.58.4 in today practice

I think you'll be ahead of me at Watkins Glen dude - most of my laps were in the mid/high 1:14s, just managed to set a few in the 1:13s. Not really enjoying the car but I haven't got time to work on the setup.

I'm feeling a lot more confident at Le Mans now that I've learnt the track a bit more. Haven't raced there before other than the race I dropped into with you guys at the start of last month. Still struggling a bit towards the end of the lap but I'm much happier than I was - hopefully I can improve even further during the race!

Grijo
18-10-2015, 02:19
I am out indefinitely :(

The Russian
18-10-2015, 09:28
Sorry to hear that rip! Hope you can make it back soon, who am I gonna battle with at the back of the pack now? :D

Cheers Dave

LinnyEK4
18-10-2015, 10:29
Definitive times for me

Watkins glen 1.11.8
Le mans 3.53.5

I don't look F1 so usual race time is ok for me

Linnuke
18-10-2015, 11:24
I have no problem with F1, I can always watch the race later.

Kebaba4life
18-10-2015, 13:10
I can watch the F1 race later

Grijo
18-10-2015, 14:12
Definitive times for me

Watkins glen 1.11.8
Le mans 3.53.5

I don't look F1 so usual race time is ok for me

Linny, are you a Kingsman or something like that? Damn, you're fast!!

LinnyEK4
18-10-2015, 16:07
Linny, are you a Kingsman or something like that? Damn, you're fast!!

Diesel, Pink and Pidgey didn't post their times, maybe they are faster lol

Diesel98
18-10-2015, 16:21
Diesel, Pink and Pidgey didn't post their times, maybe they are faster lol

Nope, did a 1:13.1 at Watkins Glen, looks like your the guy to beat! :p
I can skip the F1 race next week and watch it later :)

Pink_650S
18-10-2015, 17:57
Game crashed on me just now during my last practice session. -.-
I'm expecting the worst.

Pidgey_69
18-10-2015, 19:23
Twice at the porche corner i had to pull to the left to try avoid contact..1st with fastback as he was breaking in the middle of the corner and 2nd with pink..i tried to avoid hitting pink on the 2nd part but couldn't..i wasn't expecting ye to take that corner so slow..sorry for the contact but there was nothing i could do i had to avoid pink on the 1st part otherwise it would have been a big accident

Pink_650S
18-10-2015, 20:12
Vote for your Driver of the Race (http://wcars.jimdo.com/)

:)

GTPZ_Fastback
18-10-2015, 20:13
Twice at the porche corner i had to pull to the left to try avoid contact..1st with fastback as he was breaking in the middle of the corner and 2nd with pink..i tried to avoid hitting pink on the 2nd part but couldn't..i wasn't expecting ye to take that corner so slow..sorry for the contact but there was nothing i could do i had to avoid pink on the 1st part otherwise it would have been a big accident

In the Porsche curve? Or do you mean Indianapolis.
I had very little downforce. That's why I had to braking slightly

Pink_650S
18-10-2015, 20:20
Results - Sunday - October 18th

Race 1 - Watkins Glen Short / 22 Laps - Ford Sierra Gr. A

1. Linny

2. Fastback

3. Diesel

4. Grijo

5. Pink

6. Chig

7. SuperBVB

8. Drushan

9. Delta

10. Wiewiurka

11. BenBradders

12. Mantu

13. Russian

14. Nervoso

15. Linnuke

16. Pidgey

Bonus

Pole Position:
Linny

1:11,880

Fastest Lap:
Linny

1:12,084

Positions Gained:
Wiewiurka

(16th - 10th)

Driver of the Race:

Race 2 - Le Mans 24h / 8 Laps - GT3 Class

1. Fastback

2. Linny

3. Pink

4. Chig

5. Grijo

6. Diesel

7. Drushan

8. Linnuke

9. BenBradders

10. Mantu

11. Delta

12. Wiewiurka

13. Russian

14. Nervoso

15. SuperBVB

Bonus

Pole Position:
Pidgey

3:51,957

Fastest Lap
Fastback

3:53,195

Positions Gained:
Diesel

(16th - 6th)

Driver of the Race:

Linnuke
18-10-2015, 20:26
Great evening. It was nice to see a full lobby :)

Pink_650S
18-10-2015, 20:29
Thanks for the fun evening, guys. :)
l'm going to update the standings tomorrow, so you have enough time to vote for your Driver of the Race.

PS: Dont forget about the Time Trial, only 6 times have been set so far (very fast ones :s).

Pink_650S
18-10-2015, 20:34
TIME TRIAL
Standings - Lotus 72D Cosworth / Sakitto GP

Pos.

Driver

Time

Pidgey

1:42,116

SuperBVB

1:42,552

Drushan

1:42,575

Linnuke

1:42,982

Pink

1:43,894

Grijo

1:45,455

The Russian
18-10-2015, 20:38
How come I got no points for 2nd race?

Pink_650S
18-10-2015, 20:44
How come I got no points for 2nd race?

You were driving dirty!

Haha joking, was a mistake by me :) Fixed.

The Russian
18-10-2015, 20:45
Lol, would understand driving dirty if I was in middle of field, but I spent all of race on my own at the back :D

Pink_650S
18-10-2015, 20:48
Oh, and l wanted to tell who my picks for Driver of the Race were.

Race 1: Linnuke. Very fast in 2nd most of the time and very unfortunate that he ran out of fuel. Would have been a nice podium finish.
Race 2: Diesel. There's just no other option for me. He made his way up from P16 to P6, well done! :)

Now, goodnight everyone! :sleeping:

Diesel98
18-10-2015, 20:56
Hey all, here's my race review! :)

Watkins Glen: Qualified P5. Off the start, I was tempted to try and pass Fastback into T1, but I backed out of it, allowing Pink to swoop round the outside and pass me. On Lap 2, she ran a bit wide at T1 and got a cut-track penalty, allowing me back through to P5. I set off after the group of Linnuke, Pidgey and Fastback and was catching the group until I myself got a cut-track at the chicane, dropping me far behind them and allowing Pink to close. She stayed glued to my back bumper, keeping me under intense pressure to stay ahead of her. I coped well until about Lap 9/10, where I missed my braking point at the chicane and spun, dropping me behind Chig/Grijo to P8. Those two were having quite the battle in front, so I closed them down and on the start/finish straight, we passed a slow-moving Pink recovering from an incident, moving us up all one place. Chig and Grijo went side by side through T2/T3, which slowed them up a bit going up the hill, allowing me to close up to them and entering the chicane, I managed to late brake them both into the Chicane and took P5 back. Pidgey was ten seconds up the road, so I aimed to close the gap as much as I could while hoping he made a mistake. By Lap 15, I'd got the gap down to 8 seconds, but I wasn't closing fast enough, until he dropped it at the long hairpin, gaining me 5 extra seconds. Lap 18, I was 1.5 seconds behind when on the pit straight, his engine blew, ending his race cruelly :(. P4 was mine and I thought that was as good as it was going to get, until 2 laps from the finish, I see Linnuke out of fuel, so close to the pits :(. With my engine risking overheating, I slowed down on the remaining laps with enough of a cushion to Grijo to take P3! :D

Le Mans: Qualified 16th and Last, two mistakes ruined my qualifying. :( The first lap was hectic, as I aimed to gain as many positions as possible to give myself a good chance at a good finish. By the end of Lap 1, I'd made up 6 places and was running P9 behind QPR. I managed to pass him and Mantu down the Mulsanne to move up to P7. Drushan was up next and it took me a lot of effort to catch up to the back of him. Going down the Mulsanne, I got a nice draft from him and really closed going into the first chicane. I backed out of the move and stayed behind, but he ran wide on the exit and got an unfair cut-track penalty, moving me up to P6. On the same lap, Chig made a mistake at the entry to the Porsche Curves and went into the gravel, gaining me another position, now P5. Grijo was up next and closed the gap steadily on Lap 5, only for the car to twitch at the final corner and cut the track and get a penalty, allowing Chig onto my tail. We went side by side throughout the first sector, until I ran slightly wide entering the Mulsanne and hit a kerb, launching the rear of my car into the air and across the track into the path of Drushan, collecting him and allowing Chig and Mantu through, dropping us both down to P7/P8. We then battled for P7, Drushan keeping me at bay and we both moved up a place when Mantu spun just before the Mulsanne. I got past Drushan when he made a mistake under braking and ran wide, moving me up to P6, which is where I finished, a fun fight through the field :)

Congrats to Linny and Fastback on the wins, and everyone for the great racing tonight, nice to see a full lobby! :D

QPRLad
18-10-2015, 21:12
Both races were pretty entertaining for me but had very little overtaking/battles with other racers.

Race 1 I was dreading because I didn't get on with the car but it seems I was okay and only span once and it was enough to drop me away from anyone in front.

Race 2: was decent, the car was good and steady but I over estimated fuel. Had a poor first lap where I missed a breaking point and hit Mantu, gave him the position and dropped myself back to last but then he was rammed into the barrier shortly after. The speed of my car was topping 191mph down the mulsanne so I took some places up to the first hi came and few cut tracks for others allowed me to get to 8th but the faster guys soon caught up and I averaged about 9th/10th. Myself linnuke and Mantu made a few mistakes and changed a few positions but unfortunately couldn't catch diesel! Mantu span lay in at the second chicane and never came back close to me so I held on for a reasonable 9th.
As I said no real battles or overtakes but a nice steady race with few mistakes! Congrats to the winners.

Grijo
18-10-2015, 21:22
Vote for your Driver of the Race (http://wcars.jimdo.com/)

Done.

chig88
18-10-2015, 21:25
Race Reviews

Watkins Glen
Qualifying was okay - I knew I was way off the pace in this car so 8th on the grid wasn't too bad.

The start of the race was pretty smooth, managed to keep position until the end of the first lap when I passed Grijo after he ran wide. The grid seemed to split into 3 in the first few laps, with the fastest up at the front, me & Grijo in the middle & the rest of the cars behind us. Had a long & close race with Grijo until about the halfway point when diesel & pink suddenly dropped behind us after an incident. Didn't have the pace to keep diesel behind so he passed me pretty much straight away, then I had a huge accident coming out of the first turn to let pink & Grijo past. The back end just snapped out completely & I slammed head first into the wall, leaving me with a hissing engine :(. Thought it was sure to blow before the end, but I kept going & luckily it didn't (good job I had lowered the wastegate pressure I think!). I eventually moved up to 6th as others had problems, and managed to hold superbvb at a gap of about 5 seconds to finish 6th. Also had tire problems throughout the whole race for the second week in a row, which is odd again as I had no problems whatsoever in practice :mad:.

Overall very pleased with 6th in what was a bad car/track combination for me.

Le Mans
Well, looks like I picked the wrong car! Managed a solid lap in my first qualifying lap, and was 7ths up on my second lap when I made a mistake which invalidated the lap. Was furious until I looked at the times in the pits & realised that there were a load of SLSs in front of me - I wish I had had more time to test the cars because using the Aston was like having your arm tied behind your back! Although I messed up my 2nd lap I think I probably would have gained one place at the most, so not too unhappy with 6th.

Got a really poor start & I think I was about 9th at the end of the first lap. Managed a few pretty good overtakes though & worked my way slowly back up to 5th, having good battles with diesel, mantu & drushan along the way. Was about 5 seconds behind Grijo with 2 laps left so I thought I wouldn't get any further, but put in two very quick laps & passed him on the last lap. Going into the last corner I was about 3 seconds ahead, but the game attempted to screw me with another very harsh cut track penalty. I had to just coast over the line, allowing Grijo to catch me and (it seemed) pass me. However Grijo had seen what had happened and slammed his brakes on - allowing me to finish ahead and get 4th. Brilliant sportsmanship - thanks man :).

Ended up very pleased with 4th considering my lack of experience at this track and having picked a slower car.

Driver of the Race Votes

Watkins Glen - Wiewiurka. I think possibly his best result so far? Finishing 10th is a massive improvement since he started racing with us.

Le Mans - Grijo. Has to be him for the display of sportsmanship at the end. Because of him I went from being very angry at the game to very happy that I race with such good people.

Kebaba4life
18-10-2015, 22:27
Great races everyone! :)

Not very good qualifying at Watkins Glen, but it doesn't matter, because of the ffb glitch thing.. I couldn't feel anything, so I had to drive slowly and get lapped 5 times.
Close to the end I managed to gain some positions somehow.. no idea how that really happened. Then I was closing the gap to the Russian, with 2 laps to go. Started the final lap and he was very close in front of me. I started pushing, turned into the corner in high speed, lost all the feeling, hoping that the car would turn, and it did! That was veerrry scary. The Russian had a weight advantage by dropping most of his car's bodywork somewhere, but it wasn't helping him enough, and I managed to overtake him in the final corner. :D

At Le Mans I don't have much experience so, I was surprised with the pace I got. The racing was fun, until I got this stupid cut track penalty. After that I wasn't in a mood to race anymore, and my driving got really bad. :/

Congratulations to Linny and Fastback!

The Russian
18-10-2015, 22:36
Not much to report from me.

Race 1 qualified near back of grid. In race got round first few corners, then approaching chicane looked backwards to see where others where then looked forward and superbvb was already braking I slammed my brakes on and gave him a decent shove (sorry superbvb), I ended up going straight on n just let everyone past (so I thought, till I noticed delta I think in rear view on next corner) managed to get back on to queue of cars, but couldn't do too much. Coming out of chicane a few laps later apparently I lost car spun a few times hit wall an rolled it, had to change view cos I couldn't see out of windscreen, no bonnet no bootlid body kit disappeared(glad damage is only visual:D). Tyres were just rubbish had half of tread on front left after about 10 laps, finished race with it barely showing any tread at all.

Race 2, didn't do a qualifying lap as car was allover. Started 13th on grid then promptly fell to back and away from everyone else as my car was completely different from when I saved after good practice laps on Saturday. Totally ruined race n nearly left race out of anger. It's bad enough being at rear of pack due to driving ability and poor setups but I had a good setup stable braking etc no lift of oversteer well nothing unmanageable, I know I wouldn't have challenged top 6 or so but feel I could have got some places if game didn't screw me over.

Gonna finish this month off then see where I stand after that, maybe just do practice on my own till I get a better grip off the game and better my driving ability and setup ability.

Congratulations to winners and commiserations to everyone else. Good racing everyone, see you next weekend:)

The Russian
18-10-2015, 22:41
The Russian had a weight advantage by dropping most of his car's bodywork somewhere, but it wasn't helping him enough, and I managed to overtake him in the final corner. :D

Cheers man, that made my laugh :D :eagerness:

Grijo
18-10-2015, 22:46
Race Reviews

Le Mans - Grijo. Has to be him for the display of sportsmanship at the end. Because of him I went from being very angry at the game to very happy that I race with such good people.

Thanks bro, like I said, you're my man! I'll post my reviews tomorrow.

delta_reg
19-10-2015, 10:46
Bit of a disappointing performance for me in both races. On Watkins Glen I ended up with four cut track penalties at three different spots on the track and it really cost me, I felt like my pace was pretty good at least though. On Le Mans my pace was not so good. :p It was fun though, and a good learning experience for patience. Good racing everyone. :)

Grijo
19-10-2015, 11:41
I didnīt have great setups for yesterday races, only "honest" ones. I didnīt expect too much: lack of good setup, lack of skills, but Iīm not a quitter. So, letīs go to my reviews:

Watkins Glen: I didnīt have a great car, but a reliable one. And I think that made the difference in this race. Started at 7th and lost a position on first corner. At 8th position I started to chase Chig. We always have good and clean fights (when Iīm not screw up things)! We kept dog fighting for some laps and suddenly, when we entered the last curve before the finish line, Diesel and Pink was in the middle of the track because an accident, I think. I almost hit in Pinkīs Sierra! And the chase continues. I kept talking "cīmon Carl, itīs you and me man" but somebody hit me and I got a ticket to the guard rail! I lost a little bit contact and bang...second hit, second time on guard rail! But racing itīs like this, shit happens. I know that was not on purpose. I was at 8th again. I kept my pace. I passed Chig after a spin. I passed Pidgey after his engine blow. I passed Pink after a spin. And I passed Linnuke after he ran out of fuel. Now Iīm in 4th! And I ran out of fuel IN THE FINISH LINE! I almost lost my position to Pink!!

Le mans: I started at 8th and gained 3 positions in first straight. I kept my pace until I reached Pidgey. It was clear like sunshine that Pidgey was having some troubles with his car. Heīs all over the place. The car was sliding in the curves, all unbalanced, but he kept fighting. At one moment (I donīt know the name of the curve) he totally lost control of the car and hit Pinkīs Mercedes. And he was not like being too fast or something like that. I think was a "honest" accident in my point of view. I was behind Pink but she was too fast for me. I raced by myself for a good time. But, in some point of the race, my car was totally unbalanced, I donīt know why. I kept losing my rear, unbalanced braking, and when I saw, the road warrior was coming: Chig! I didnīt have the pace to keep him behind me and he passed. Finished at 5th

In resume: I think that were good results, I didnīt expect that much.

PS: Congrats to Linny and Fastback, the "Kingsman" of WCC!!

Kebaba4life
19-10-2015, 13:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN2S0MR0eBA

Look at those penalties and that driving haha

QPRLad
19-10-2015, 14:29
Ouch! had a similar thing at the Porsche Curves! except mine was caused by understeer! only 5 seconds penalty though.
The first chicane was a bit tough. if you turned in a fraction later you would have ran wide on the exit and got a cut track for that. Just unfair all round.

QPRLad
19-10-2015, 14:30
I had a thought after watching some of you in Qualifying through out the 2 events yesterday:

Who uses a Wheel and who uses a Controller in this Championship?

Pink_650S
19-10-2015, 17:12
Lol Mantu, the 7th lap wasnt your friend :/ From P6 to P10. Car looked like driving on ice as well.

Pink_650S
19-10-2015, 17:31
Hey everyone!

Really enjoyed the races yesterday, although l felt like l could've won at Le Mans, but l just made too many little mistakes that added up.

So, l qualified in P5 for the first race l think and was off to a decent start, everything went smoothly from my perspective.
Couldnt keep up with Linnuke and Fastback, so l fell back a bit and battled with Diesel for P5. After he overtook me l noticed that l was driving a lot better in his draft, since l had someone to orientate at and l did almost no mistake - l even achieved my best lap, a 1:12,4, when driving behind him.
Cant really remember the order of my fails and those of others, so l just list them.

- l got a cut track penalty at T1, thats where Diesel overtook me.
- Then spun in the last corner almost into the pits, but was able to save it.
- When pulling away from Grijo l spun in the second to last corner which allowed him to pass me :/
- Chig crashed in T1, which then allowed Grijo and me to pass.
- Diesel, Chig and Grijo where 3 wide at one point! :eek: l had a superb view on it :D Might upload a video.

So, l was okay with P5 at the end, especially because it should've been P7 if it wasnt for the unfortunate DNFs of Linnuke and Pidgey. Really enjoyed that race :)

Qualifying to the Le Mans race was very intense.
Pidgey and me where 3 - 4 seconds apart from each other on track throughout the entire session, so when l would set a new best lap, he would beat it by a margin. And thats exactly what happened in the final lap of the Quali, l set a 1:52,4 for the Pole and only 3 seconds later he beat me by half a second. That was fun! :D
The race itself was a bit quiet, but still fun, as l always had Linny and Fastback in front of me, who where battling for 1st. But there was no lap where l didnt make a small mistake that decreased my chances of winning. In lap 5 or 6 l ran into the gravel at Indianapolis and blew my chances entirely. (My car was very unstable in the fast right-hander entering Indianapolis all the time anyway, so it was bound to happen :()
But l kept going and trying to set the best lap, when l encountered Linny, obviously recovering from a spin at the Mulsanne Hairpin.
While l could overtake him, he easily overtook me back in the next lap, as l had a little downforce on my rear wing and therefore wasnt as fast on the straights.
Finished in P3, l'm okay with the result, but it could've been more if l had driven cleaner.

PS: Why did no one mention the day of time bug at the start of the Watkins Race where the game decided to go back to night time? :D That was so dumb and not planned. Guess another bug.

Congrats to Wiewiurka on a great 10th place at Watkins Glen!
Congrats to Mantu for being the best backmarker the world has ever witnessed! ;)

Good racing everyone and thanks for the fun evening :)

Pink_650S
19-10-2015, 17:32
Who uses a Wheel and who uses a Controller in this Championship?

Controller.

Pink_650S
19-10-2015, 17:53
SUNDAY

Pos.

Drivers

Overall

Bonus

TT

Linny

Pink

Diesel

Grijo

Chig

Pidgey

SuperBVB

-

Mantu

Linnuke

-

-

Fastback

-

Delta

-

TheRussian

-

-

BenBradders

-

-

Wiewiurka

-

-

Nervoso

-

-

Drushan

-

-

Davan

-

-

Pink_650S
19-10-2015, 19:03
Here are some of the highlights from my perspective. Recorded it live as l thougut the game would crash, but it didnt for anyone :)
Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/xd99vs_1KcU

The Russian
19-10-2015, 19:50
Controller

chig88
20-10-2015, 09:05
Close battle for 2nd in the championship - only 9 points between 2nd & 6th!

My huge lack of bonus points seems to hurt my chances every month :(.

GTPZ_Fastback
20-10-2015, 10:55
Wow and again 2 super races.

Unfortunately I messed up qualifying in both races. What was not really bad.:p
My start in the race first was miserable. The speed of the first three, I could not go at the beginning. Only when the temperature went higher suited my tire pressure and I could drive faster. Had until shortly before the end of the race a super fight. In a lapping I suddenly had no more grip and lost less than 3 sec.:confused: A Bug ????
When I caught up again something I was suddenly at No. 2. I do not even know why. Too bad that you ran out of fuel. I had too much fuel in both races although the number of laps be right.

Le Mans

Another not so good qualifying. But a perfect start. Directly from the 4 to position 1. I thought that I lose the 1 position on the first straight, but it was not. My little SLS was fast enough. :D But I still had enough downforce for the chicanes. Only in the last section, I did not have enough downforce. But that was not enough to overtake for Linny. Luckily for me. Now I began to sweat. Still 7 rounds with Linny in the neck and I could not make a mistake. Then I looked in the rearview mirror as Linny is half turned. Too bad, but I was celebrating at this moment so much.:triumphant: I loved my SLS.
I hope for many more races with so clean fighting.

Thank you and congratulations to all

Grijo
20-10-2015, 11:46
Close battle for 2nd in the championship - only 9 points between 2nd & 6th!

My huge lack of bonus points seems to hurt my chances every month :(.

Probably I will not be the 2nd. Maybe the 5th or 6th. I started my practice to next sunday races and Iīm sensing that I will not achieve a great position in Barcelona with those road cars...and not a great position in Sonoma too...but Iīm not a quitter

Pink_650S
21-10-2015, 00:02
Cant wait for those 2 races, especially the finale :)

Has anyone decided between the two Road Cars yet? I think l will go with the Renault.

Grijo
21-10-2015, 00:40

Has anyone decided between the two Road Cars yet? I think l will go with the Renault.

Probably I'll race with Audi...not 100% sure yet

Rip_Davan
21-10-2015, 01:24
Sorry to hear that rip! Hope you can make it back soon, who am I gonna battle with at the back of the pack now? :D

Cheers Dave

Thanks Dave, I will definitely be back. I was just getting in to the swing of things too. I can't be certain when, but I will definitely be back. Hopefully, December at the latest.... Hopefully.

chig88
21-10-2015, 08:48

I'll try my best but I'm not sure if I'll be able to race on Sunday.

I'll try to get some practice in just in case I can make it & I'll let you know as soon as I can on Sunday.

Grijo
22-10-2015, 00:46

Rhombohedron
22-10-2015, 06:01
Hello everyone! Hoping I can tag along as a reserve driver until there's a spot available in this monthly series. It looks like you got an awesome group of drivers here!

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 07:57
Hey there Rhombohedron! I will list you as a reserve driver soon. Feel free to interact with the group as a "normal" driver though, share tips, times, experiences etc. I look forward to racing with you :)

PS: Please add me on PSN.

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 08:03
On a different note: What would you guys think about races where we divide our group into different fast cars?

For example: We all know that the RWD LMP1 is slightly faster than the Marek LMP1, so the quicker drivers of the group would be forced to pick the Marek, whereas the slightly slower drivers would get to pick any (preferably the quicker RWD LMP1).
This could also be transferred to a group where we have 3 different cars that are slightly different from one another in terms of pace, lets say AM Vantage GT4 - BMW M3 GT4 - Ford Mustang GT4... etc.

What do you think?

QPRLad
22-10-2015, 08:40
I like it as it is! Us snail chasers just need to practice more or get better. My mind wanders to much when I play, but it seems learning the track more than setting my tune has helped me massively this week, I have only done 30/40 mins on each track and fell alright competing. If i do a bit more i think i could be mid pack. *he says hoping*

It wouldn't be a bad idea but what about people who are right on the cut line?

chig88
22-10-2015, 08:44
It wouldn't be a bad idea but what about people who are right on the cut line?

Like me - if I had to use the slower car I think I'd pretty much finish towards the back, but if I was given the faster car I might have a chance of winning (for once!).

Might be a good idea for the LMP1 cars because the difference isn't huge, but not sure how many other classes it would work in?

P.S. I'm feeling a bit better now so will hopefully make it on Sunday.

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 09:00
Yea our group cant be divided in 2 groups, there are more, maybe 3 - 4. So that would make things more difficult, in terms of finding cars that allow for multiple groups (GT4 and GT3 come to mind of course), but beyond that it already gets pretty much impossible.

I wanted to do such a race in the past with the Lancer, the 1M and the A45. They provide such a situation where 1 car is faster than the others. I could add such a race to the November calendar and we could see how it works out.

@Chig: Do you still want to do the video guides? The calendar for November is pretty much done :)

chig88
22-10-2015, 09:06
@Chig: Do you still want to do the video guides? The calendar for November is pretty much done :)

I'm still happy to do them if anyone actually thinks they are worthwhile? If nobody really needs/wants them I won't bother.

The way things are going (illness wise) at the moment I'm struggling to even play the game at all, so it might be a stretch to do them all for the start of the month, but I could definitely make sure they're done at least a week before each race.

If I can get some feedback on whether people want them or not I'll get started once the calendar is finalised.

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 09:10
I'm still happy to do them if anyone actually thinks they are worthwhile? If nobody really needs/wants them I won't bother.

The way things are going (illness wise) at the moment I'm struggling to even play the game at all, so it might be a stretch to do them all for the start of the month, but I could definitely make sure they're done at least a week before each race.

If I can get some feedback on whether people want them or not I'll get started once the calendar is finalised.

Well, l would definitely read what you would have to say, maybe something interesting here and there :)

I'll send you the details on PSN.

chig88
22-10-2015, 09:26
Well, l would definitely read what you would have to say, maybe something interesting here and there :)

I'll send you the details on PSN.

Okay, I will just be putting the odd note on the video if that's okay - don't really want to write out anything separately.

I've received the calendar - the best calendar we've had so far in my opinion :D. Includes 7 of my favourite tracks in the game and 3 of my favourite cars - really looking forward to it, nice work Pink :).

The good thing is I've already got FFB settings for a lot of those cars so I should be able to just jump in & do the videos relatively easily. There is one car I am very much not looking forward to though haha.

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 09:31

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 09:41
There is one car I am very much not looking forward to though haha.

At what track will we use this car? ;)

QPRLad
22-10-2015, 09:43
ManFlu Chigg? Starve a Fever, Feed a Flu! Alcohol is a natural antibiotic, get tanked up and you'll be alright.

Can we introduce Pitstops in one race, that can really funk up the positions?

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 09:50
ManFlu Chigg? Starve a Fever, Feed a Flu! Alcohol is a natural antibiotic, get tanked up and you'll be alright.

Can we introduce Pitstops in one race, that can really funk up the positions?

I dont think pitstops will have that big of an influence, but yeah, maybe we'll try it in the first race and go from there.

chig88
22-10-2015, 09:50
At what track will we use this car? ;)

Brands Hatch - not going to be easy:).

Ha, I wish - bit worse than that I'm afraid :(.

QPRLad
22-10-2015, 09:53
Hope you get well soon mate!

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 09:56
Brands Hatch - not going to be easy:).

Really? :eek:
Its actually pretty awesome :)

chig88
22-10-2015, 09:59
Hope you get well soon mate!

Thanks man :).

Really? :eek:
Its actually pretty awesome :)

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't seem to get along with those kind of cars - neither does my wheel :).

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 10:14
Practice times from just now.

Sonoma: 1:23,630
Barcelona: 1:25,200

Dont forget to put the date to July 26th for the Clio race, as it is a huge difference compared to October 22nd or so.

chig88
22-10-2015, 10:25

Dont forget to put the date to July 26th for the Clio race, as it is a huge difference compared to October 22nd or so.

Yeah getting the date & time of day right is important for practice.

When we race what do you usually set the weather to? I usually just leave it on 'clear' when I practice - not sure if this has anything to do with the inconsistent tire temperatures I'm getting between practice & the race?

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 10:33
Yeah getting the date & time of day right is important for practice.

When we race what do you usually set the weather to? I usually just leave it on 'clear' when I practice - not sure if this has anything to do with the inconsistent tire temperatures I'm getting between practice & the race?

Yea, its always set to clear :)

QPRLad
22-10-2015, 10:39
Never fiddle with my practice days/times. I just drive on what I'm given, think mine is always set to Light cloud.

Times:
Barcalona: 1'27.5
Sanoma: 1'26

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 10:44
But you should.

Otherwise you will find an entirely different grip level on Sunday.

QPRLad
22-10-2015, 10:49
You're right, i should, but I have never really thought about it too much. to be honest, i have never noticed tire wear increase from my practice, i guess I've just been lucky and always ran on a hot track in the middle of the day.

If the calendar (WCC) specifies the time only, should we assume it will be race date?

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 10:57
You're right, i should, but I have never really thought about it too much. to be honest, i have never noticed tire wear increase from my practice, i guess I've just been lucky and always ran on a hot track in the middle of the day.

If the calendar (WCC) specifies the time only, should we assume it will be race date?

When l write down a date, its kind of important for everyone to know.
If l dont write down a date, it will take place at the actual day we're having that Sunday.

I might change that for November though.

Grijo
22-10-2015, 11:09
On a different note: What would you guys think about races where we divide our group into different fast cars?

For example: We all know that the RWD LMP1 is slightly faster than the Marek LMP1, so the quicker drivers of the group would be forced to pick the Marek, whereas the slightly slower drivers would get to pick any (preferably the quicker RWD LMP1).
This could also be transferred to a group where we have 3 different cars that are slightly different from one another in terms of pace, lets say AM Vantage GT4 - BMW M3 GT4 - Ford Mustang GT4... etc.

What do you think?

How about this: divide the group in two. One track for the weekend and two classes. For example, LMP1 x GT3, LMP2 x GT4...In the first race, the slower group will race with the fastest cars. Second race, invert the group. But the points will be distributed by overall position, not by car class. Maybe we can get a big fight for points and less difference between racers. Only a thought.

Grijo
22-10-2015, 11:13

Dead man walking here...oh boy...

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 11:16
How about this: divide the group in two. One track for the weekend and two classes. For example, LMP1 x GT3, LMP2 x GT4...In the first race, the slower group will race with the fastest cars. Second race, invert the group. But the points will be distributed by overall position, not by car class. Maybe we can get a big fight for points and less difference between racers. Only a thought.

You cant mix classes like that.

Grijo
22-10-2015, 11:21
Like me - if I had to use the slower car I think I'd pretty much finish towards the back, but if I was given the faster car I might have a chance of winning (for once!).

Might be a good idea for the LMP1 cars because the difference isn't huge, but not sure how many other classes it would work in?

P.S. I'm feeling a bit better now so will hopefully make it on Sunday.

Get well my friend, God bless you.

QPRLad
22-10-2015, 11:22
I really like Grij's idea, can you not just select "any" car and have us choose the correct cars?

Grijo
22-10-2015, 11:26
You cant mix classes like that.

Yes, you can. You will put in this thread what cars are allowed. But you have to let open the choice of the cars in the lobby menu.

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 11:46
Is this new with Patch 5.0?

I thought it wasnt possible before, see all "We want true Multiclass Racing"-Threads

:confused:

Grijo
22-10-2015, 11:50

I thought it wasnt possible before, see all "We want true Multiclass Racing"-Threads

No, was always possible. But I think that people are complaining about not be able to set two or three classes and limit the choice. Today, you can only do this if you have trust worthy people like we have here.

chig88
22-10-2015, 11:55

No, was always possible. But I think that people are complaining about not be able to set two or three classes and limit the choice. Today, you can only do this if you have trust worthy people like we have here.

Yeah it's always been possible. I remember one of the first multiplayer races I did - I somehow ended up in a Formula A car against loads of LMP1 & GT cars. Obviously I should have won but some fool destroyed my car by halfway around the 1st lap :mad:.

chig88
22-10-2015, 12:02
Dead man walking here...oh boy...

Same here I think :(.

By the way - I've tried the time trial twice now & it's crashed both times, so I assume I've got the same problem as Diesel :(. Fastest time I did was 1:43.9.

I'm going to try again but it looks like I might not be able to do the time trial either :(.

Grijo
22-10-2015, 12:12

By the way - I've tried the time trial twice now & it's crashed both times, so I assume I've got the same problem as Diesel :(. Fastest time I did was 1:43.9.

I'm going to try again but it looks like I might not be able to do the time trial either :(.

I have to post my new time with Lotus 72D, but I think was something like 1.42.6. Mantu did 1.40!!!

Diesel98
22-10-2015, 12:12

Does the Time Trial crash when you get manual control of the car Chig?

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 12:15
Have you tried it in Singleplayer? Of course l will count them too if you take screenshots :)

Grijo
22-10-2015, 12:15

Are you trying to set a lap in Time Trial or Free Practice? Try another option if it is the case.

Edit: Ninjaīd by Pink

Diesel98
22-10-2015, 12:17
Are you trying to set a lap in Time Trial or Free Practice? Try another option if it is the case.

I've tried Time Trial and Single Race and it crashed on both, I will try Free Practice later on and see if it works there

Grijo
22-10-2015, 12:20
I've tried Time Trial and Single Race and it crashed on both, I will try Free Practice later on and see if it works there

Only for curiosity: try to enter the game like a guest, not with your profile and see if it will crash. Maybe your save game have some problem.

chig88
22-10-2015, 12:39

No, I got the blue screen crash after doing about 2/3 laps both times. The only real hot lap I did was in the first session & it crashed by the time I got to the first corner of the next lap, so didn't get a chance to screenshot. Doesn't look like it has uploaded it to the leaderboard either because I couldn't end the session properly :(.

Have you tried it in Singleplayer? Of course l will count them too if you take screenshots :)

I did about 5 laps in a practice session and it didn't crash, so if I can't get the time trial to work I'll try single player :).

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 12:47
I think you should report this crap -.-

chig88
22-10-2015, 13:29
I think you should report this crap -.-

Don't really see the point. Stuff never gets fixed.

I'm learning to just work around the bugs where possible because reporting them is just like talking to a brick wall.

Pink_650S
22-10-2015, 13:31
Don't really see the point. Stuff never gets fixed.

I'm learning to just work around the bugs where possible because reporting them is just like talking to a brick wall.

Touchč.

QPRLad
22-10-2015, 14:13
This game has more patches than a pirate ship.

Diesel98
22-10-2015, 15:31
Only for curiosity: try to enter the game like a guest, not with your profile and see if it will crash. Maybe your save game have some problem.

Thank you for the tip Grijo, I can use the Lotus on my 2nd account no problem so I can do the Time Trial now! :D It does seem like something has corrupted the Lotus on my main account as I can't use it at all :rolleyes:

Grijo
22-10-2015, 19:50
Thank you for the tip Grijo, I can use the Lotus on my 2nd account no problem so I can do the Time Trial now! :D It does seem like something has corrupted the Lotus on my main account as I can't use it at all :rolleyes:

Awesome man...or not lol. At least now you can use it. That's why we are here brother, to help each other.

PS: I think I'm screwed now, you will post a hell of a time :disturbed:

chig88
22-10-2015, 21:37

I've just done 7 practice laps in the Audi at Barcelona - best time was 1:28.6, and that didn't even seem like a bad lap.

Have literally no idea where I would be losing as much as 3.4 seconds on such a short lap? We are using the National layout, right?

Grijo
22-10-2015, 23:47
I've just done 7 practice laps in the Audi at Barcelona - best time was 1:28.6, and that didn't even seem like a bad lap.

Have literally no idea where I would be losing as much as 3.4 seconds on such a short lap? We are using the National layout, right?

With this time I think it will be you and me again Chig ;)

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 00:50
Yea, National :)

I've practiced quite a lot in a very long time. Did about 25 laps combined with both cars.

chig88
23-10-2015, 08:26

I was so perplexed by this I tried doing some laps with the controller - went 1.3s faster straight away! The FFB on some road cars in this game absolutely sucks. Even an arcade game like DriveClub feels better on these kind of cars :(.

With this time I think it will be you and me again Chig ;)

What times are you managing Grijo? With the times that Pink, Mantu & Ben have posted I was expecting to be cruising round at the back. Might have to give the Megane a try & see if that's any better!

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 08:29
If you think the Audi sucked, you will be hating the Megane ;)
I like both, l havent decided yet :/

chig88
23-10-2015, 08:33
If you think the Audi sucked, you will be hating the Megane ;)
I like both, l havent decided yet :/

That's the thing - I didn't even think the Audi was that bad! It wasn't amazing, and my setup is far from perfect yet, but I have literally no idea where I could be losing 3 seconds. Hitting all the apexes, braking late etc - just slow as hell & no idea why :(. Not like I can even rely on the setup changes I usually make, because they're locked in this car! Aarrgghh!!!

Looks like it will be 18 laps of hell for me!

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 08:37
That's the thing - I didn't even think the Audi was that bad! It wasn't amazing, and my setup is far from perfect yet, but I have literally no idea where I could be losing 3 seconds. Hitting all the apexes, braking late etc - just slow as hell & no idea why :(. Not like I can even rely on the setup changes I usually make, because they're locked in this car! Aarrgghh!!!

Looks like it will be 18 laps of hell for me!

You said it yourself that you are losing it because of the FFB, so its not a lack of skill.
Are you thinking about using the controller for this race? :cheerful:

chig88
23-10-2015, 08:41
You said it yourself that you are losing it because of the FFB, so its not a lack of skill.
Are you thinking about using the controller for this race? :cheerful:

No, it would mean I'd have to unplug the wheel for the first race & then plug it back in for the second - with this game that's just asking for trouble. If you plug the wheel in after the console has been turned on you tend to get bugs like the FFB cutting out etc, so it would probably mean a retirement from the 2nd race for me. Which would rub salt into the wound haha.

Plus, when you've bought a rig it's kind of frustrating to not be able to use it :(.

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 08:41
For those interested :)

http://youtu.be/Ejhs0vZ9O2w

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 08:47
No, it would mean I'd have to unplug the wheel for the first race & then plug it back in for the second - with this game that's just asking for trouble. If you plug the wheel in after the console has been turned on you tend to get bugs like the FFB cutting out etc, so it would probably mean a retirement from the 2nd race for me. Which would rub salt into the wound haha.

Plus, when you've bought a rig it's kind of frustrating to not be able to use it :(.

Yea l bet :/
So, what options do you have left? Will you try messing with the FFB settings?

chig88
23-10-2015, 08:55
For those interested:)

Good laps :). I'm thinking maybe I'm not the ideal person to be doing these hot lap videos - my laps are mostly not that tidy :).

Yea l bet :/
So, what options do you have left? Will you try messing with the FFB settings?

I've tried for the road cars & it's just impossible. Lowering the strength (like I have now) means you just have to guess on the entry to every corner, upping it means it will try to rip your arms off on tight tracks like this one.

Will just do a bit more practice on Saturday & hope to improve. Maybe I can knock about 1s off with a better setup & more practice. My time was set on race fuel as well - probably doesn't account for anywhere near 3s, but lowering it might help a bit.

Thanks for the laps - will try to use them to improve :).

QPRLad
23-10-2015, 09:14
So much Wheel Spin in my A1.

Lots of tire heat in that Front Left Pink! Great Laps though.

I will leave my practice for Sunday now. I have AC Syndicate at home waiting.

chig88
23-10-2015, 09:18
I have AC Syndicate at home waiting.

Bollocks - I'd completely forgot about that. There goes a lot of my practice time :).

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 09:18
There's nothing you can do about the front-left tyre.

Eww, Assassin's Creed!

chig88
23-10-2015, 09:20
There's nothing you can do about the front-left tyre.

Eww, Assassin's Creed!

Don't answer if you don't want to, but what tyre pressures are you running?

I didn't seem to be able to warm my tyres up enough :/

P.S. Assassin's Creed is awesome:D

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 09:25
Front-left 2.06
Front-right 1.98
Rears 1.84

PS: AC2, Brotherhood and Black Flag were awesome :p

chig88
23-10-2015, 09:26
Front-left 2.06
Front-right 1.98
Rears 1.84

Thanks - something else for me to try!! :)

Grijo
23-10-2015, 09:40
What times are you managing Grijo? With the times that Pink, Mantu & Ben have posted I was expecting to be cruising round at the back. Might have to give the Megane a try & see if that's any better!

My best lap was 1.28.0 but my average lap is between 1.28.5, 1.28.7. And I did those very confortable, without fight with the car. But I'm losing 3 secs...who knows.

QPRLad
23-10-2015, 09:55
I'll let you know my pressures later but I ran 10 laps and it wasnt that red, you can have it over inflated and scrubbing it quite bad.

AC Unity gripped me and then I bought black flag and loved it.

Far Cry 4 still stands and my favourite game I've played on PS4 though.

chig88
23-10-2015, 10:14
AC Unity gripped me and then I bought black flag and loved it.

Far Cry 4 still stands and my favourite game I've played on PS4 though.

Played all the AC games - loved the Ezio ones but I agree Black Flag is probably the best one.

Completely agree about Far Cry 4 as well - easily the best PS4 game so far. Hated Far Cry 2 so a friend had to convince me to buy it but I'm so glad I did :D.

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 10:20
Bloodborne over here - at least on PS4.
The Last of Us & Dark Souls 1 on PS3

QPRLad
23-10-2015, 10:24
Far Cry Primal is due out early 2016. Cant wait. CoD BOIII may have to just be shelved for 6 months!