PDA

View Full Version : World C.A.R.S. Championship - October 2015

Pages : 1 2 [3]

chig88
23-10-2015, 10:26
Bloodborne over here - at least on PS4.
The Last of Us & Dark Souls 1 on PS3

:)

The Last of Us was very good on PS3 - I'm sure it's even better on PS4 but I don't think they added enough to justify buying it again.

Has anyone played any of the Uncharted games? I've never tried them but I was thinking about buying the Nathan Drake Collection (includes Uncharted 1, 2 & 3). Tried the demo but it's only one mission so it's tough to tell how good it is.

Far Cry Primal is due out early 2016. Cant wait. CoD BOIII may have to just be shelved for 6 months!

Wow I didn't know that - will definitely be buying it.

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 10:35
The Uncharted games are definitely a must in my book.
The first can get a bit dull at times, but still great fun. 2 and 3 are without a doubt among my Top 10 for the PS3.
Great gameplay, great puzzles, fun and engaging characters with lots of humour and epic action setpieces.

You should definitely get it :)

chig88
23-10-2015, 10:37
The Uncharted games are definitely a must in my book.
The first can get a bit dull at times, but still great fun. 2 and 3 are without a doubt among my Top 10 for the PS3.
Great gameplay, great puzzles, fun and engaging characters with lots of humour and epic action setpieces.

You should definitely get it :)

Will give it a go - God knows when with the amount of games I'm playing at the moment haha, but I'll try it :).

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 10:39
Fallout 4 anyone? :D

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 10:54
TIME TRIAL
Standings - Lotus 72D Cosworth / Sakitto GP

Pos.

Driver

Time

Mantu

1:40,301

Pink

1:40,723

Pidgey

1:42,116

SuperBVB

1:42,351

Drushan

1:42,575

Grijo

1:42,633

Linnuke

1:42,982

Chig

1:43,436

chig88
23-10-2015, 11:07

Nope, never tried it. I think I miss a lot of games because I play too many sports games (FIFA, racing etc).

TIME TRIAL
Standings - Lotus 72D Cosworth / Sakitto GP

I'd be more than happy with just a point for the TT, but I have a feeling a certain Mr Diesel will be knocking me off that list before long!

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 11:15
Nope, never tried it. I think I miss a lot of games because I play too many sports games (FIFA, racing etc).

No, Fallout 4 is still to come :) November 10th.
People have been waiting for it for a looooong time and finally its here. Such good RPGs :)

I'd be more than happy with just a point for the TT, but I have a feeling a certain Mr Diesel will be knocking me off that list before long!

Come on now, you are not happy with 1 point :disillusionment:

Grijo
23-10-2015, 11:18
Iīm a fan of certain genres: Racing (arcade or sim, doesnīt matter), survival horror (3rd or 1st person), sandbox and some action games. I donīt have patience to RPGīs. My all times favourites are (at least what I can remember):

Silent Hill (1,3, Shattered Memories and Downpour)
Resident Evil (1, 2, 3)
Parasite Eve (Ok, itīs an RPG but I like it)
Dead Island (1)
P.T. (Playable Teaser)
Dying Light
The Last of Us
Dead Space (all of them)
Max Payne (the last one)
Rage
God of War (all of them)
GTA (Vice City, San Andreas and V)
Just Cause 2
Mafia (1, 2)
Wipeout XL and 3 (the sountrack is awesome)
Grid 1
NFS Shift 2
NFS Underground 1, 2 and Carbon
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Horizon 1, 2
Test Drive 2 (X360, please donīt kill me)
Project Cars

Never played Far Cry, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Uncharted, Fallout and I hate Assassins Creed.

chig88
23-10-2015, 11:23
No, Fallout 4 is still to come :) November 10th.
People have been waiting for it for a looooong time and finally its here. Such good RPGs :)

Come on now, you are not happy with 1 point :disillusionment:

Ah okay - haven't played the others so I doubt I'll be playing this one.

Haha, I'm going to have to be - I won't get a chance to try it again before the deadline.

I hate Assassins Creed.

What!?! :(

Diesel98
23-10-2015, 11:23

Same as you then Chig, love my sports/racing games so I do miss a lot of other games, the fact I'm buying Need for Speed over the likes of Fallout 4 says it all really! :rolleyes: Although I'm tempted to buy Rainbow Six Seige, loved that series on the 360. :D

Haha, hopefully I can, the car is a right handful to drive round Sakkito, lot's of sideways action with me driving! :D

chig88
23-10-2015, 11:26
Same as you then Chig, love my sports/racing games so I do miss a lot of other games, the fact I'm buying Need for Speed over the likes of Fallout 4 says it all really! :rolleyes: Although I'm tempted to buy Rainbow Six Seige, loved that series on the 360. :D

Yeah Rainbow Six is good - might get that at some point.

I'm really looking forward to The Division next year - I feel like I've been waiting years for that game!

Diesel98
23-10-2015, 11:32

I'm really looking forward to The Division next year - I feel like I've been waiting years for that game!

Yeah, seems ages since they first announced it, it does look like it will be a great game, my only worry is Ubisoft will ruin it just like they did with Watchdogs :(

Grijo
23-10-2015, 11:36
I probably will buy Just Cause 3 and new NFS. I played the closed beta and I like it. Okay, doesnīt have a manual transmission (NOOOOOOO!) but I like it anyway.

PS: Chig, please donīt be mad at me because AC...are you still my man? LOL

chig88
23-10-2015, 11:43
Yeah, seems ages since they first announced it, it does look like it will be a great game, my only worry is Ubisoft will ruin it just like they did with Watchdogs :(

Yeah I hope not. Watchdogs was really disappointing. I got it as part of my PS4 bundle & it was the first game I played - was expecting it to be amazing but it was a letdown :(.

PS: Chig, please donīt be mad at me because AC...are you still my man? LOL

Haha, yeah - I'll overlook your hatred of AC :).

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 11:47
May l comment on your choices? l just love to talk about videogames :D

Silent Hill (1,3, Shattered Memories and Downpour)
Good choice! Loved 2, 3 and 4. Tried Downpour, but l couldnt resonate with the main character and the abysmal framerate made my eyes bleed.

Resident Evil (1, 2, 3)
l played the HD remake on the PS4, but l hated the harshly limited inventory and the save system with the ribbons. :(

Dead Island (1)
Really loved it too. :) many say it was disappointing. l found Riptide disappointing.

P.T. (Playable Teaser)
Too creepy for me :culpability:, but l watched several Lets Plays on it and could barely watch them either.

Dead Space (all of them)
1 and 2 for me, 3 wasnt really horror anymore imho.

Max Payne (the last one)
Sim, mais melhor! :)

Rage
Fun little game, but lame ending and technical problems.

God of War (all of them)
1, 2 and 3 for me. Incredibly brutal and fun :D

GTA (Vice City, San Andreas and V)
Agreed, agreed and agreed. l'll add GTA4, l just loved Niko's story, plus l have special multiplayer race memories tied to this game :)

Just Cause 2
l must say, l'm really liking your list so far ;)

Mafia (1, 2)
Funny, l'm currently watching a Lets Play on Mafia 1, its so unintentionally funny at times, l laughed tears :D Mafia 2 was fun.

Grid 1
Maybe the racing game with the best and most fleshed out Singleplayer Career with teams and teammates!!! So good.

NFS Underground 1, 2 and Carbon
YES! Best arcade racer was NFSU2 for me.

Never played Far Cry, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Uncharted, Fallout
You should :)

Sorry for this, but l couldnt resist :D

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 11:49

Are you a bit of a Ubisoft guy? :p

Grijo
23-10-2015, 11:55
I sold my X360 and my PS3 to buy a PS4. You know why? Driveclub and The Crew!! I bought these two with itīs their season pass...sold these ones some days ago, great, great, great deception.

Playable teaser give me chills every time. You feel "heavy" all the time during the gameplay. The sounds of this woman crying and babies? OH..MY..GOD!!! That game have a part when you listen a radio talking and suddenly he talks "LOOK BEHIND YOU, I SAID LOOK...BEHIND...YOU". Try to look and see what happens. I love to play that crazy thing!!!

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 12:02
I sold my X360 and my PS3 to buy a PS4. You know why? Driveclub and The Crew!! I bought these two with itīs their season pass...sold these ones some days ago, great, great, great deception.

Playable teaser give me chills every time. You feel "heavy" all the time during the gameplay. The sounds of this woman crying and babies? OH..MY..GOD!!! That game have a part when you listen a radio talking and suddenly he talks "LOOK BEHIND YOU, I SAID LOOK...BEHIND...YOU". Try to look and see what happens. I love to play that crazy thing!!!

l know, its super creepy. l hope we get something similar to this very soon from Kojima, now that he left Konami :)

l played the beta of The Crew and the graphics looked like early PS3 era. So bad :hypnotysed:
DriveClub kind of grew on me over the past few weeks. Sure the physics are highly unrealistic and it doesnt offer much variety in terms of tracks and modes. But the visuals are incredible and the sound as well. So its fun for maybe 30 minutes - 1 hour a day, but not much more than that.

chig88
23-10-2015, 12:02
Are you a bit of a Ubisoft guy? :p

Never really thought of it, but I suppose I do tend to play a lot of their games.

Ubisoft seem to be one extreme or the other, their games are either amazing or awful - not much in between!

chig88
23-10-2015, 12:05
DriveClub kind of grew on me the past few weeks. Sure the physics are highly unrealistic and it doesnt offer much variety in terms of tracks and modes. But the visuals are incredible and the sound as well. So its fun for maybe 30 minutes - 1 hour a day, but not much more than that.

I agree, that's how I've always thought of Driveclub - it's fun to just pick up a controller & play it for short periods, but not something you can really get into over a long period.

Grijo
23-10-2015, 12:10
I totally forgot: Metal Gear Solid for PS1!!! One of the top ten for me! Great history and gameplay. I almost get sad after kill an enemy, like Sniper Wolf and Psycho Mantis. The Snake Eater and Metal Gear 4 (PS3) were awesome too. I like the Otacon character, very emotional and inteligent..."SNAKE, CAN YOU HEAR ME...SNAKE...SNAAAAAAKE"

PS: My favourite character is Revolver Ocelot "Now Iīll show you why they call me REVOLVER"

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 12:15
Snake Eater was so good :)

Did you know this? Its pretty funny, especially for those who played the game :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwrPuCnNbv8

Grijo
23-10-2015, 12:26
I play since Atari 2600..too much to remember...Atari, Odissey, Nintendo, Gęnesis and 32X, Master System, Super Famicon, Neo Geo, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn, 3DO, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, X360, PS3 and finally PS4...man, Iīm old!!

PS:@Pink, I canīt see videos in my work computer, Iīll see this later and give you a feedback...

Grijo
23-10-2015, 12:34
My first formula racing...

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 12:41

Looks like flat bugs to me, maybe a flat scorpion with much imagination :D
Pretty cool!

Grijo
23-10-2015, 12:58
Someone here played Enthusia Professional Racing for PS2? For me, thatīs the only game that simulates an automatic transmission!! You can really feel the difference between manual, semi-automatic or automatic transmission...and the graphics were good too.

chig88
23-10-2015, 13:02

I bet that game had more game modes than F1 2015 :p

Grijo
23-10-2015, 13:09
Do you like Skylines? You have to play Over Drivinī Skyline Memorial (japanese NFS, PS1)

Grijo
23-10-2015, 13:16
If you like F1, here it is: Sega Gęnesis Virtua Racing

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 13:27
Do you like Skylines? You have to play Over Drivinī Skyline Memorial (japanese NFS, PS1)

Just play one of the Gran Turismos, plenty Skylines there ;)

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 13:53
Okay, l'm finally done with what l was working on.
Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Drivers (http://wcars.jimdo.com/drivers/)

What do you think? :)

chig88
23-10-2015, 13:55

It's good - but I've had more than one fastest lap :D.

QPRLad
23-10-2015, 14:03
Love it! Great work Pink

Mario Balotelli gets me every time, makes me laugh every time i look at my page!

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 14:05
It's good - but I've had more than one fastest lap :D.

Can you prove it?
l'm wondering, because it also was "only" one before l changed the layout :confused:

PS: Only actual fastest laps count, 2nds or 3rds do not count.

chig88
23-10-2015, 14:05
Love it! Great work Pink

Mario Balotelli gets me every time, makes me laugh every time i look at my page!

Considering he scored that goal against my team, I have less fond memories of it haha.

chig88
23-10-2015, 14:09
Can you prove it?
l'm wondering, because it also was "only" one before l changed the layout :confused:

Haha yeah - I had two in the first month I competed (Sonoma & Snetterton I think). I only know because of those charts I did.

Think there may have been one since then as well. Was only saying it tongue-in-cheek though - not like it really matters :).

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 14:11
Haha yeah - I had two in the first month I competed (Sonoma & Snetterton I think). I only know because of those charts I did.

Think there may have been one since then as well. Was only saying it tongue-in-cheek though - not like it really matters :).

Okay, if you are sure about two, l will add the one :)

Kebaba4life
23-10-2015, 14:22
I have won 3 races

Pink_650S
23-10-2015, 14:24
I have won 3 races

Okay. Fixed.

Any other feedback on the change?

QPRLad
23-10-2015, 14:25
Considering he scored that goal against my team, I have less fond memories of it haha.

Big Game on Sunday then?

chig88
23-10-2015, 14:31
Big Game on Sunday then?

Very! Hopefully I won't be too exhausted after watching it to drive :).

Grijo
23-10-2015, 14:47

Beautifully executed! WCC is getting serious and big! Congratulations to our lady hostess, Pink, and to the great colaborators of this championship!

Diesel98
23-10-2015, 18:46

Very good job Pink, really like the look of it! :D

chig88
23-10-2015, 20:43
It was the bloody Audi!

The Russian
23-10-2015, 21:19
Any advice or tips please :)

http://youtu.be/fkcMjxVDPVo

Diesel98
23-10-2015, 21:43
Practice Times :
Catalunya: 1:25.2 Really like the Audi around here, very enjoyable :D
Sonoma: 1:24.7 Feel like I'm near my limit here, not sure where I can find more time! :confused:

@TheRussian: That was a good lap, one tip I would give is to try and carry more speed through the fast right/left chicane :)

chig88
23-10-2015, 21:54
Okay, I'll shut up about the Audi - I must have been having one hell of an off day yesterday.

Now to try the Clio! :)

Rip_Davan
23-10-2015, 21:58

Oh, hell yes!!!! :D :D :D

delta_reg
23-10-2015, 21:59
Very good work Pink, the profiles look very professional and give lots of interesting info too, yet another great addition you've made to the championship. Thank you. :)

Did some practice and managed a 1:24.964 lap on Sonoma. Should be a great race, I think looking after the tires will be important, particularly my front left tire was really wearing during practice. Hope I can do well. :)

Grijo
23-10-2015, 22:15
Russian did 1.26, Diesel and Chig 1.25....man, I'm screwed...I'm a 1.27, 1.28...

Rip_Davan
23-10-2015, 22:24
I'm not working this Monday. If you need me for either race, I'm available. Just send an invite, I'll be awake.

Pity there's no spectator mode. It would be sweet to watch if I wasn't needed to race.

chig88
23-10-2015, 22:26
Russian did 1.26, Diesel and Chig 1.25....man, I'm screwed...I'm a 1.27, 1.28...

Don't worry about it man - if I can knock 3 seconds off in one day then there's no doubt you will be able to. Just a bit of practice should do it :).

Like Diesel said - I think the key to the lap is to carry as much speed as possible through the right/left chicane in the middle of the lap. I picked up a huge amount of time through there just by being more aggressive. Don't worry about it being smooth or clean - just flat out attack!! :)

The Russian
23-10-2015, 22:27
I am not consistent though grijo.

@diesel98: Which 1 is that, is it the 1 immediately after start/finish straight?

I got the tune from the setup site, and slowly made minor changes to it, front left is still wearing a bit too fast but gonna have a play tomorrow night see if there's anymore I can do. It's slower than megane but faster and more fun :). I drove it stock n it was allover place wallowing in and out of corners.

Now sonoma is another story, I'm something like 5 secs behind and front left tyre is no good, really struggling with a setup for this, but gonna try some more work on it tomorrow, any tips for it? :)

Cheers Dave

Grijo
24-10-2015, 00:02
@Chig - I'm practicing since tuesday, I think I'm not gonna be better man, it's a skill problem.

@Russian - For me, the difficult part of the Clio is the tail happy. I worked in rear tyres pressure, swaybars and tweaked the brakes more for front. But I didn't adjusted all I want yet.

Pink_650S
24-10-2015, 06:46
I'm not working this Monday. If you need me for either race, I'm available. Just send an invite, I'll be awake.

Pity there's no spectator mode. It would be sweet to watch if I wasn't needed to race.

You should be able to race :)

All the others: Great times, especially Russian, could be your race tomorrow :)

Pink_650S
24-10-2015, 06:50
I increased the camber on the rears of the Clio. Maybe that helps.
I'm not having problems with losing the rear.

What l wanted to say: The medium quick right-hander with the large run off area at the of the 1st sector can be 'cut' by using said run off area. No one will be punished for doing it, l would predict more problems if everyone tried to avoid it, so l'll just allow it :)

chig88
24-10-2015, 09:35
UK guys (not sure about everyone else) - remember that the clocks go back at 2am tonight/tomorrow morning. :)

Rip_Davan
24-10-2015, 09:44
You should be able to race :)

Excellent :) I had a practice session at Barcelona this morning and managed a respectable 1,25.464 with the Megane but my left front tyre was shot after 10 laps. The Audi used its tyres a little more sparingly and was a fun car to drive but I couldn't push it as hard as I would have liked. It's a tough choice. I like both cars for very different reasons.

The Russian
24-10-2015, 10:35
Hoping I can get a bit more time at Barcelona and be a bit more competitive.

Glad you can make the races Rip :)

Pink_650S
24-10-2015, 12:27
UK guys (not sure about everyone else) - remember that the clocks go back at 2am tonight/tomorrow morning. :)

Didnt know you guys change to winter time almost 2 months after us :eek:
Good to know :)

chig88
24-10-2015, 12:37
Didnt know you guys change to winter time almost 2 months after us :eek:
Good to know :)

Don't you guys change tonight as well?

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/germany/berlin

Pink_650S
24-10-2015, 13:04
Don't you guys change tonight as well?

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/germany/berlin

Apparently :eek:
l was sure it had already happen :D

Pink_650S
24-10-2015, 13:50
Here it is guys, have fun :) 10 races next month!

November Thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41268-World-C-A-R-S-Championship-November-2015&p=1155855#post1155855)

LinnyEK4
24-10-2015, 21:45
I have a big problem with the clio the rear dont have any grip it's sliding and don't react naturally even when i go slowly it's just impossible to drive. Does anyone meet the same thing?

The Russian
24-10-2015, 22:51
Yeah, same here but not as bad now, played with diff n suspension.

Managed a 1.26.xxx then mainly 1.27.xxx's, cant get no more round Sonoma in Clio.

Rhombohedron
25-10-2015, 01:05
I hope everyone's practice sessions are going better than mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_KAlGo2Wo

delta_reg
25-10-2015, 01:56
I have a big problem with the clio the rear dont have any grip it's sliding and don't react naturally even when i go slowly it's just impossible to drive. Does anyone meet the same thing?

Yeah I had this as well, after taking Pink's advice to increase rear camber angles it helped the car to be more stable for me though. Unfortunately my times didn't get better however. I think I've just been too aggressive with my driving and at Sonoma you can really pay for it it seems, the curbs can be brutal. So that's good practice for me then. :)

Grijo
25-10-2015, 02:51

Auto destruction in 4, 3, 2, 1, auto destruction activated!

Pink_650S
25-10-2015, 05:52

Linny, have you put the date to 26 July?

LinnyEK4
25-10-2015, 09:26
Yes Pink
Thanks delta and the russian, i'll try this :)

QPRLad
25-10-2015, 09:42

That'll buff out

Grijo
25-10-2015, 14:02
My last two races with you guys because I won't participate in the november championship. Oh god, I will really miss the fun. Thank you all for this, you made my sundays great! See you in the track!

chig88
25-10-2015, 14:06
My last two races with you guys because I won't participate in the november championship. Oh god, I will really miss the fun. Thank you all for this, you made my sundays great! See you in the track!

What?!? Are you leaving permanently or just for November? :(

QPRLad
25-10-2015, 14:16
This could be the most exciting/interesting f1 race of the year! Shame we will miss it by an hour and a half!

LinnyEK4
25-10-2015, 15:21
Ok i solve the problem: tyres were just cold on first laps lol just did 1'22'9

Kebaba4life
25-10-2015, 16:26
What is the date for Barcelona, is it race date or current?

Pink_650S
25-10-2015, 16:57
What is the date for Barcelona, is it race date or current?

Real life current date.

To all: Dont forget that Europe had a time change, races start in 2 hours from now.

Kebaba4life
25-10-2015, 16:59
Thankyou

Pidgey_69
25-10-2015, 17:14
Hey all im afraid im not going to be attending tonight..very sorry and best of luck to everyone see you next weekend

Grijo
25-10-2015, 18:24
What?!? Are you leaving permanently or just for November? :(

November Chig, too much of my weak spots are exposed in november, like Circuit.Bugatti for example. I'm not able to do good races in Watkins GP, Brands GP and Circuit Bugatti. And the Beemers are difficult for me too. This morning I was trying some of the combos. With 5 minutes, Pink did a better lap than me in Watkins GP, 5 minutes brother! I tried for 25, 30 minutes, tweaked some stuff and 5 minutes after I was kissing the ground...I stink bro and I think that will be not enjoyable for myself. Not complaining about Pink's build at all, the problems are my preferences and skill.

Pink_650S
25-10-2015, 18:48
November Chig, too much of my weak spots are exposed in november, like Circuit.Bugatti for example. I'm not able to do good races in Watkins GP, Brands GP and Circuit Bugatti. And the Beemers are difficult for me too. This morning I was trying some of the combos. With 5 minutes, Pink did a better lap than me in Watkins GP, 5 minutes brother! I tried for 25, 30 minutes, tweaked some stuff and 5 minutes after I was kissing the ground...I stink bro and I think that will be not enjoyable for myself. Not complaining about Pink's build at all, the problems are my preferences and skill.

If l remember correctly l read someone writing "l'm not a quitter" quite a few times.
Thats all l have to say about this.

chig88
25-10-2015, 18:53

Ah come on man - it won't be the same without you. At least give it a try - there has been a lot of bad combinations this month for me, but I've still had some fun races even when I haven't been quick.

And like Pink said - you're no quitter :).

Pink_650S
25-10-2015, 20:47
Good races everyone, thanks for the fun evening :)
I think its safe to say: Congrats to Linny on winning the championship of October!

Results and final standings tomorrow. I'm super tired.
And please no spoilers on the F1 results yet, thanks :)

Good night!

Rhombohedron
25-10-2015, 20:48
That was a lot of fun guys! It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to race with a full grid. I found out the hard way that the Clio does not have a handbrake to hold for the start. Still, I had a lot of fun working my way up through the pack after serving the penalty. Looking forward to the next race already.

wiewiurka
25-10-2015, 20:51

wiewiurka
25-10-2015, 20:52
nro 2!!! :cool:

Kebaba4life
25-10-2015, 20:55
nro 2!!! :cool:

Really great race haha

wiewiurka
25-10-2015, 21:07
i dont know what happend but the car was perfect an the track also....?!

Kebaba4life
25-10-2015, 21:13
Your qualifying pace must have been a trick

chig88
25-10-2015, 21:21
Barcelona
Qualifying
Not much to say really. Thought I had put in a pretty decent lap and was sat in 3rd, but before I knew it I was down in 6th.

Race
Got an amazing start and shot straight into 3rd. Was preparing for the 1st corner when suddenly diesel's car started sliding all over the track. Thought at first that he'd clipped the grass & lost the rear end, so I swerved right to avoid him. Then his car just flashed straight back over to the left as if nothing had happened. By the time I'd straightened my car again it was too late to break & I think I hit at least 2 cars in front of me. Sorry - nothing I could do :(.

After that I ended up in about 11th by the 2nd turn. Managed to fight my way up to 6th in the next few laps with some very late braking at turn 1. Caught Mantu ahead of me and got into his slipstream down the start/finish straight, but when I pulled out to overtake into turn 1 I didn't realise someone had knocked the brake marker board over so ended up braking way too late & went straight into the gravel. Didn't feel any contact with Mantu, but I couldn't see where he was so assumed I must've taken him off with me. Slowed down into turn 2 to let him back past, but didn't realise that it was actually superbvb I was letting through, not Mantu!! :mad: Completely lost concentration for the next lap & got 2 cut track penalties, letting Linny through & putting me pretty much out of the fight. Got back past Linny & pulled out a big gap with some very quick pace towards the end. Eventually came across Pink who looked to be recovering from an accident, but didn't have enough rubber left to really mount an attack.

6th isn't too bad after the 1st corner balls-up, but my pace towards the end was so strong I really think I could've had a podium :(.

Sonoma
Qualifying
Didn't quite manage to nail a perfect lap so qualified 5th. Not too bad because I knew I could go quicker in the race.

Race
Got another very good start (really feel like I've got my starts down to a tee now) and managed to jump Pink into 4th. Went outside of Rhombohedron into turn 2, but he didn't seem to know I was there and moved across to bump me onto the grass. Managed to recover quickly and didn't lose a place. At the end of lap 1 Linnuke & Rhombohedron pulled into the pits (not sure why?) so it put me into 2nd behind Linny.

And so it began...... I chased that dude for 16 laps, never more than 1.5s away from him. I was quicker in sector 1, he was quicker in sector 2 & we were about even in sector 3. I sat behind waiting for a mistake because there wasn't really anywhere safe to make a move.

Eventually the mistake came - in the worst place possible :(. He turned into the final corner too tight and hit one of the tyre stacks. Unfortunately his car bounced across the track and blocked off the whole hairpin, so I had nowhere to go and just had to wait for him to get going again :(. Continued the fight for the rest of the race but in the last 5 laps my front right tyre had gone completely. Pink was only about 8 seconds behind so I had to ease off in order to finish the race & secure 2nd.

Overall very pleased with my pace in this race - I love Sonoma & the FFB is much better in the Clio now so it's a really fun car to drive. P.S. I think Linny beat me to the fastest lap by like 0.050 or something as well - damn it!!! :p.

Drivers of the Race
Barcelona - Wiewiurka. Not sure if he's mentioned it (:D), but he finished 2nd. Great job man :).
Sonoma - Linny. Just like at Imola, my pace was excellent but he managed to pull out the win. I'll get you one day ;).

delta_reg
25-10-2015, 21:31
Great racing everyone, congrats to the winners and to Linny for winning the Championship of October! Well done to you. :)

In the first race at Barcelona I really lacked the pace it seems, my consistency was there for the most part but just not enough speed. Nevertheless I had a great battle with Mantu for the last two thirds of the race or so, it was very intense and close especially the last couple of laps where I was just able to stay in front. Good battle Mantu. :) That was a great experience for me to learn as a driver. :)

The second race at Sonoma I felt I had a little better pace but my consistency was maybe a little worse. I was able to move up to 5th place at one point but gradually I fell back to 9th and eventually finished 8th. A little disappointing I wasn't faster but overall I performed okay I think and had a ton of fun. :) Thanks for the nice racing everyone. :)

To Grijo I just want to say there's no shame in losing. Ultimately we're all doing this for fun and to just compete and try to get better, no matter how we perform or where we finish, we're all in the same boat here. :)

Rhombohedron
25-10-2015, 21:40
Barcelona
Qualifying
Not much to say really. Thought I had put in a pretty decent lap and was sat in 3rd, but before I knew it I was down in 6th.

Race
Got an amazing start and shot straight into 3rd. Was preparing for the 1st corner when suddenly diesel's car started sliding all over the track. Thought at first that he'd clipped the grass & lost the rear end, so I swerved right to avoid him. Then his car just flashed straight back over to the left as if nothing had happened. By the time I'd straightened my car again it was too late to break & I think I hit at least 2 cars in front of me. Sorry - nothing I could do :(.

After that I ended up in about 11th by the 2nd turn. Managed to fight my way up to 6th in the next few laps with some very late braking at turn 1. Caught Mantu ahead of me and got into his slipstream down the start/finish straight, but when I pulled out to overtake into turn 1 I didn't realise someone had knocked the brake marker board over so ended up braking way too late & went straight into the gravel. Didn't feel any contact with Mantu, but I couldn't see where he was so assumed I must've taken him off with me. Slowed down into turn 2 to let him back past, but didn't realise that it was actually superbvb I was letting through, not Mantu!! :mad: Completely lost concentration for the next lap & got 2 cut track penalties, letting Linny through & putting me pretty much out of the fight. Got back past Linny & pulled out a big gap with some very quick pace towards the end. Eventually came across Pink who looked to be recovering from an accident, but didn't have enough rubber left to really mount an attack.

6th isn't too bad after the 1st corner balls-up, but my pace towards the end was so strong I really think I could've had a podium :(.

Sonoma
Qualifying
Didn't quite manage to nail a perfect lap so qualified 5th. Not too bad because I knew I could go quicker in the race.

Race
Got another very good start (really feel like I've got my starts down to a tee now) and managed to jump Pink into 4th. Went outside of Rhombohedron into turn 2, but he didn't seem to know I was there and moved across to bump me onto the grass. Managed to recover quickly and didn't lose a place. At the end of lap 1 Linnuke & Rhombohedron pulled into the pits (not sure why?) so it put me into 2nd behind Linny.

And so it began...... I chased that dude for 16 laps, never more than 1.5s away from him. I was quicker in sector 1, he was quicker in sector 2 & we were about even in sector 3. I sat behind waiting for a mistake because there wasn't really anywhere safe to make a move.

Eventually the mistake came - in the worst place possible :(. He turned into the final corner too tight and hit one of the tyre stacks. Unfortunately his car bounced across the track and blocked off the whole hairpin, so I had nowhere to go and just had to wait for him to get going again :(. Continued the fight for the rest of the race but in the last 5 laps my front right tyre had gone completely. Pink was only about 8 seconds behind so I had to ease off in order to finish the race & secure 2nd.

Overall very pleased with my pace in this race - I love Sonoma & the FFB is much better in the Clio now so it's a really fun car to drive. P.S. I think Linny beat me to the fastest lap by like 0.050 or something as well - damn it!!! :p.

Drivers of the Race
Barcelona - Wiewiurka. Not sure if he's mentioned it (:D), but he finished 2nd. Great job man :).
Sonoma - Linny. Just like at Imola, my pace was excellent but he managed to pull out the win. I'll get you one day ;).

Sorry about the contact Chig! Your perspective may vary, but from my POV you were too deep into my blindspot for me to react. It also didn't help that our racing lines differ for turn 1 - you stayed pretty tight to the inside while I preferred to apex later in the turn to improve my line into turn 2.

http://i.imgur.com/GmAHLqj.jpg

Superbvb69
25-10-2015, 21:44
Hi hell racers.Oh jesus,i got my 2nd podium.Or is it a mistake ?!?Barcelona was crazy.I never have a race like this before! Let me tell you.I did a very good quali.P5 ,and i think by myself,please no mistake by the start.And what happens?!?? Little stupid superbvb69 want to start in the 2nd gear.Jijauuu,car left,jijauuu , car right.Great start,superbvb69 !!Falling back to p8,then get a light kick,came with both left tyres in to the sand and get a 5 sec penalty.Falling back to p12!! Let me tell you ,that i am good in making crazy mistakes,but starting in 2nd gear??:-) .Seven places back after 10 sec. Unbelievable!! And then something happens.I was so angry about myself,that i drove completly without pressure! I think it was the first time in this competition .And it works.The next time as i looked at my position ,i was on p4.Pink was over 7 sec in front.Ok,go on i think.Then pink must have make a mistake,because i getting closer to 3,5 sec.Then i saw that pink is spinning around.Got p3 .Crazy.I was able to hold a very close gap to linnuke.Or was it anyone else?Cant remember,it was totally unreal for me. I am although pleased with my 6th place in somona .Start at 6th ,ending at 6th.The last four rounds we fought with 4 cars for positions.That was fun!!! In the last corner i was able to overtake diesel for p6.But i dont know if it was a correct maneuver.If not ,sorry diesel.Let me know .If it was cutting i give my place back to you!! I finish with my words.Respect,honor and peace wcc group!!

chig88
25-10-2015, 21:52
Sorry about the contact Chig! Your perspective may vary, but from my POV you were too deep into my blindspot for me to react. It also didn't help that our racing lines differ for turn 1 - you stayed pretty tight to the inside while I preferred to apex later in the turn to improve my line into turn 2.

http://i.imgur.com/GmAHLqj.jpg

No worries man - I didn't think you'd done it on purpose, just figured you couldn't see me.

Diesel98
25-10-2015, 22:06
Hey everyone, here's my race review :D
Catalunya: Qualified P2 behind Rhombo. Was side by side with him into T1, but got hit by Chig trying to avoid my lagging car, which forced me wide, but I kept P2 just ahead of Pink. I chased Rhombo, pushing as hard as I could, but his Megane had the legs on me though. On lap 4 though, my Internet decided to do it's usual thing and all you guys became UFO's, I manged to race for 2 more laps, somehow taking the lead, before finally disconnecting :( I probably removed the markerboards at T1 so sorry about causing you guys trouble! :p

Sonoma: Qualified P7. Managed to jump BVB and Pink at the start to go P5 and with Rhombo and Linnuke's penalties, I was now P3 with Pink right behind me. She was a lot faster than I was, so keeping her behind was a huge challenge, she kept getting a good run of the hairpin, but I just managed to hold her off. She got third time lucky though and finally passed me into T1 and pulled away rapidly. The middle of the race not much happened for me, I kept a steady gap to BVB behind. Towards the end, Rhembo and Linnuke recovered from their penalties and passed me. BVB and Mantu closed right up as my tires had no grip left and we were all toghether on the last lap. At the last corner, BVB sneaked up the inside of me and took P6 of me at the line!

Congrats to the winners and Linny for overall win and everyone for another great month of racing, see you all in November! :D

Linnuke
25-10-2015, 22:11
Congrats to the winners and to Linny for winning the October championship!:cool:

Today's races were quite exciting. In first race the comet was Wiewiurka, overtook me on lap 5 or so and then took off, never saw him again :D Nice driving.

In second race I was surprised to get pole position but ruined it at the start, releasing the clutch bit too early :S Went to drive through on first lap and Rhombohedron behind me. I knew it will be fun to advance through the field. Rhombohedron and I had quite equal speed, overtook me only towards the end of the race when my tyre was almost gone and I eased off the pace a little. It was fun catching many drivers and overtaking. Good racing everyone! Two top 5 finishes for me today, not bad ;)

Grijo
26-10-2015, 00:21
Todqy races was not fun for me at all.
Barcelona - Qualified in13th I guess. Someone took me of the road and gone to the last place. I did two overtakes (don't remember who) and someone used me as a brake and my car gone straight to the wall. After that i was disconnected.
Sonoma - Qualified in 10th or 11th. In lap two someone I was fighting with someone and I had to throw my car to the tyres to avoid a accident. I was behind Davan and other racer (don't know who) and they crashed. Russian was close to me but 3 laps after he was gone. Raced with myself for 15, 16 laps.

Grijo
26-10-2015, 00:28
To Grijo I just want to say there's no shame in losing. Ultimately we're all doing this for fun and to just compete and try to get better, no matter how we perform or where we finish, we're all in the same boat here. :)

I never won a race here, that doesn't matter. In all races I was in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th. Except for Ruapuna. But I had great races and disputes. This is fun. But races like today sucks for me. Race by myself during various laps being unable to do a great race is awful. I don't pretend to win because I'm not the best here. But I want to have fun. Anyway Delta and Chig, thanks for your words and for not calling my choice "childish".

Kebaba4life
26-10-2015, 00:32
Great races everyone!

I was getting ready to be outside of top 10 and I was. At Barcelona in qualifying I finished p12 or something, just in front of Wiewiurka. I got a really good start, but Wiewiurka got even better start! After the first few corners, I was in p6, just behind Wiewiurkruka, and I could not keep up with him. He was super quick, at least 3 seconds faster each lap. Few laps later Chig was behind me, heading towards turn 1 he got the inside line, and because I was on the outside I was going to brake a bit later, and ofcourse that had to be the lap with the missing markerboards.. I managed to stop the car at the barrier, but I dropped down to p10. Rest of the race was battling with with Delta, which was really cool!

At Sonoma I was racing.. I don't remember much happening there.. I guess not much happened to me in the race, except close to the end. With only 2 laps to go, I was catching a group of cars. I was within 1 sec when when approaching the final corner, 2 cars were battling, they went side by side into the final corner, and I missed my braking point. Luckily there are piles of tyres, I drove into one of those and avoided a collision with the other cars. For some reason I'm feeling proud of that move. :D

Congratulations to the race winners and Linny!

QPRLad
26-10-2015, 09:16
https://youtu.be/W6RTnAP2S3c

Check this video of Grijo's Lag, annoying because I didn't realise until the second lap when I saw him darting from side to side in my RVM. Then shiz got real!

What was it like from your screen Grijo??

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 09:18
Results - Sunday - October 25th

Race 1 - Barcelona National / 18 Laps - Megane vs. A1

1. Rhombo

-

2. Wiurka

3. SuperBVB

4. Linnuke

5. Pink

6. Chig

7. Linny

8. Delta

9. Mantu

10. RipDavan

11. TheRussian

12. BenBradders

(13.) Grijo

(14.) Diesel

Bonus

Pole Position:
Rhombo

1:24,032

Fastest Lap:
Rhombo

1:23,750

Positions Gained:
Wiewiurka

(12th - 2nd)

Driver of the Race:

Wiewiurka

Race 2 - Sonoma Short / 21 Laps - Renault Clio

1. LinnyEK

2. Chig

3. Pink

4. Rhombo

-

5. Linnuke

6. SuperBVB

7. Diesel

8. Delta

9. Mantu

10. Grijo

11. TheRussian

12. Wiurka

13. RipDavan

(14.) BenBradders

Bonus

Pole Position:
Linnuke

1:22,889

Fastest Lap
LinnyEK

1:22,810

Positions Gained:
Chig

(5th - 2nd)

Driver of the Race:

Linny

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 09:22
Vote for your Driver of the Race! (http://wcars.jimdo.com/?logout=1)

chig88
26-10-2015, 09:23
Few laps later Chig was behind me, heading towards turn 1 he got the inside line, and because I was on the outside I was going to brake a bit later, and ofcourse that had to be the lap with the missing markerboards.. I managed to stop the car at the barrier, but I dropped down to p10. Rest of the race was battling with with Delta, which was really cool!

Ah so that's where you went! I went straight off because of the marker boards as well, figured I'd either taken you off or passed you off the track so slowed down to let you back through & ended up letting superbvb through by mistake! :)

chig88
26-10-2015, 09:28
Vote for your Driver of the Race! (http://www400.jimdo.com/app/s3c72184498f3c278/p6e767075db100513?safemode=0&cmsEdit=1)

Did mine from the website main page - link above doesn't seem to work :(.

QPRLad
26-10-2015, 09:31
I too am feeling like Grojo. Too many races I've spent Lapping the majority on my own or just holding up others until I sit in 10/11th making up the numbers. I will continue for the first few rounds in November. Bringing back the team championship would probably be better and pairing up and then splitting each pairs racers into two differnet classes/cars so even if you're not going to get the outright victory, you still have hope at winning!

Grijo
26-10-2015, 09:33

Check this video of Grijo's Lag, annoying because I didn't realise until the second lap when I saw him darting from side to side in my RVM. Then shiz got real!

Weird stuff man. To me, somebody hit my rear, my car lifted like yours and My car gone to the wall. I had a ghost car in front of me. Suddenly, all the other cars are "parked" in the grass and got disconnected. I was not able to save a replay. Wierd stuff.

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 09:38
Did mine from the website main page - link above doesn't seem to work :(.

Thanks, l hope its working now :)

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 09:40
I too am feeling like Grojo. Too many races I've spent Lapping the majority on my own or just holding up others until I sit in 10/11th making up the numbers. I will continue for the first few rounds in November. Bringing back the team championship would probably be better and pairing up and then splitting each pairs racers into two differnet classes/cars so even if you're not going to get the outright victory, you still have hope at winning!

But when l offered to give the slower guys faster cars, you rejected the idea.

l suggested to bring teams back, but l didnt get any team announcements to this day.

QPRLad
26-10-2015, 09:44

Race Review
After setting one lap time not so great I thought I would gamble on trying to make up as many places in the race for an extra point but for some reason chose true medium tire and it wasn't working for me and couldn't set a time under 1.28. Taken out by Grijo's lag, see quoted Link. Never in touch with anyone from there, got lapped and just kept out the way.

Sanoma
much better car and a closer grid, got up to 6th/7th on the first lap but couldn't keep with delta_reg who pulled a gap, I was closely followed by mantu & 2 drive through sufferers. It was apparent they had more speed so quickly passed me as and when they liked, then on lap 5 I had the diesel effect where everyone had span and hit barriers and I was 1st, then reality hit and I was disconnected. Brilliant. I know it wasn't anything to do with my internet as I was streaming the F1 and that never cut out.

Anyway, I can't vote for DotR because I didn't really see anyone else.

QPRLad
26-10-2015, 09:47
But when l offered to give the slower guys faster cars, you rejected the idea.

l suggested to bring teams back, but l didnt get any team announcements to this day.

I rejected the idea of giving us slightly faster cars in hope of balancing the field. Any victory would feel slightly hollow.
If anything, you speedy cats et the faster cars and we have a different class. Almost like Pro/Am.

I just provide ideas and thoughts. If you think it's fine as it is then leave it and I will just have to suck eggs and get better.

chig88
26-10-2015, 09:59

I think having teams again would be a good idea.

How about just picking the teams based on the finishing places from this month? To balance it out we could do it like this:

- 1st place teams with 16th place
- 2nd place teams with 15th place
- 3rd place teams with 14th place
- and so on

That way pretty much every team would have a chance of winning the team championship.

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 10:05
l had a lot of fun yesterday, really enjoyed the cars and tracks :)
My races where quite eventful, so l'll be uploading a video later with some of my highlights.

The start at Barcelona went down clean as always from my point of view. l wasnt quite able to keep up with Diesel and Rhombo in P1 and P2, so l focused on saving the 3rd position. But suddenly Diesel started to lag severely and was moving around the track wildly.
in the fast uphill right-hander he then pushed Rhombo aside into the gravel, entered P1 and took off like freaking Jet - and l mean UNREAL speed!
Shortly after he got disconnected unfortunately :( Guess the internet connection couldnt handle his pace :D
Rhombo overtook me a few laps later, as he was a lot faster and l started to struggle with my front left tyre under braking, it kept oulling to the left.
l really smiled and almost laughed (of joy of course) when Wiurka caught and overtook me - such a rare sight, very happy for you, great P2 :)
Had a little coming together with him due to my braking issue, and thats when shhh really hit the fan. After that l think l spun twice and had to let BVB and Linnuke pass :/
Strangely enough l managed to set my best laptime in the last lap with an entirely worn front left - something's wrong with the tyre wear in this game.

Race 2 was insanely fun - well, for the first 6 or 7 laps, where l got to fight with Diesel :D
It was amazing and clean as l would expect from him. We always let each other enough space to survive and after 4 months of racing together l think there's also a lot of trust involved. Great battle, thanks for that :)
After that l was pumped to catch Chig and Linny, who were "only" 3 seconds ahead of me, but after 4 or 5 laps l realized that l wouldnt win tonight, as Chig was constantly 0.1 - 0.2 seconds faster per lap. And as the race was progressing, l kept on doing too many mistakes, such as missing the apex of the cuttable right-hander quite a few times, giving me 2 cut track penalties - really difficult corner, because you have to take it blindly :eek:
Really happy with P3 and a podium finish, was hoping for a win, but l didnt have the pace.

Driver of the Race:
Barcelona: Wiewiurka of course. :p
Sonoma: Diesel, because of the great battle! :)

Congrats to Rhombo and Linny on the wins. To Linny for the championship and to Wiurka to an amazing and unbelievable 2nd place! :)

l think Rhombo showed that he is a fair driver and fits into our group, so if he wants to, he can stay and continue to race with us :)

Thanks for the fun evening people and see you in November.
l will update the standings as soon as enough people voted for the Driver of the Race.

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 10:09
I rejected the idea of giving us slightly faster cars in hope of balancing the field. Any victory would feel slightly hollow.
If anything, you speedy cats et the faster cars and we have a different class. Almost like Pro/Am.

I just provide ideas and thoughts. If you think it's fine as it is then leave it and I will just have to suck eggs and get better.

We'll see how the first two races of next month go.
What would be the sense of putting the slower guys in even slower cars? That would only cause more problems (lapping etc.) And would make such a surprise as Wieiurkas 2nd place yesterday impossible.

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 10:14
I think having teams again would be a good idea.

How about just picking the teams based on the finishing places from this month? To balance it out we could do it like this:

- 1st place teams with 16th place
- 2nd place teams with 15th place
- 3rd place teams with 14th place
- and so on

That way pretty much every team would have a chance of winning the team championship.

But would everyone be okay with this?

Another problem: Fastback only did 1 race this month and we all know that he is fast and his position this month doesnt represent his pace. :s

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 10:24
Here's my suggestion:

Fastback & SuperBVB
PureMalt & Nervoso
Chig & Ben
Pink & Russian
Diesel & Linnuke
Drushan & Pidgey
Linny & Delta
Mantu & Wiewiurka
Rhombo & Davan

Thoughts?

chig88
26-10-2015, 10:25
But would everyone be okay with this?

Another problem: Fastback only did 1 race this month and we all know that he is fast and his position this month doesnt represent his pace. :s

I know I would. I think the faster guys would be focused on winning the overall championship/races, but it gives those at the back something to fight for. They'd have to contribute valuable points to win the championship - relying on their teammate just winning races wouldn't be enough.

Yes that would be a problem. With Malt as well. Maybe they could just be inserted into the list wherever you think they should go? I'm sure if you picked teams & just told everyone 'this is how it is' not many would have a problem with it. Just a thought anyway.

I think the biggest problem would be people not showing up for 3/4s of the races. You'd be pretty much screwing your teammate over by doing that :(.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Pink :)

chig88
26-10-2015, 10:30
Here's my suggestion:

Fastback & SuperBVB
PureMalt & Nervoso
Chig & Ben
Pink & Russian
Diesel & Linnuke
Drushan & Pidgey
Linny & Delta
Mantu & Wiewiurka
Rhombo & Davan

Thoughts?

Looks good to me.

My only suggestion would be to somehow split up Pidgey & Drushan. I know they won't like it, but when they both show up they are both fast enough to finish in the top 5 at most races.

delta_reg
26-10-2015, 10:56
Why would I paired with Linny and you with The Russian, wouldn't it be fairer the other way around? Just was wondering. Maybe you wanted to team with someone else this time.

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 10:59
Looks good to me.

My only suggestion would be to somehow split up Pidgey & Drushan. I know they won't like it, but when they both show up they are both fast enough to finish in the top 5 at most races.

l agree, but they LIVE together after all :D
They wont like it at all, hmmm... l think it could still be very even, because they have to be at the top of their game to achieve good finishes. l mean now even Wiewiurka fights for the podiums :)
The champiosnhip becomes closer every week, yesterday there were only 2.5 - 3 seconds between the 1st and the last. l've seen way bigger gaps than that in the past.

If everyone practiced a bit more, instead of complaining about being slow, l think many could finish a lot higher. It showed with Russian l think, he had amazing pace yesterday, dont know what happened to him in the race though. Same with Davan, wasnt he 4th or 5th on the grid at Barcelona? Jeez! Yesterday offered quite a few nice surprises!

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 11:03
Why would I paired with Linny and you with The Russian, wouldn't it be fairer the other way around? Just was wondering. Maybe you wanted to team with someone else this time.

PM.

delta_reg
26-10-2015, 11:16
Okay I would like to be Diesel's teammate then if he's okay with it. :) I think that would be a bit more fair pairing and I'd like to if he's okay with it. :)

Assuming we bring back the teams of course, I think we should. :p

Diesel98
26-10-2015, 11:26
Okay I would like to be Diesel's teammate then if he's okay with it. :) I think that would be a bit more fair pairing and I'd like to if he's okay with it. :)

Assuming we bring back the teams of course, I think we should. :p

That's no problem Delta, I'd be more than happy to be team-mates with you if we bring the teams back, I hope we do! :D

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 11:32
Okay, guess thats one team, only 7 (8) to go...

Russian, would you be okay to team up with me?

chig88
26-10-2015, 11:40
l agree, but they LIVE together after all :D
They wont like it at all, hmmm... l think it could still be very even, because they have to be at the top of their game to achieve good finishes.

Okay, guess that works out seeing as I'd already finished the team logo they asked for :).

I'm happy to team with Ben if he's okay with it.

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 11:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwOs2iUXXi8

So, obviously the first bit is about Diesel and his connection issues.
Notice his epic exit speed at the hairpin ;)

The next bit shows the incident between Wiurka and me, where l braked a little too late, went on the grass and lost the rear, turning me into his car :( And then l spun again only a few meters later in the chicane.

The last 3/4 of the video show the battle between Diesel and me - so much fun! :)
l'm always impressed by some of you guys and your calm driving when being under pressure. Thats something l still havent learned, l always make mistakes because l worry too much :/

Anyways, an epic battle with lots of trust and respect between us, thank you :)

Enjoy the video!

PS: The first clip also shows how Rhombo braked too late for T1 and ran into the gravel, because that was the first lap the meter marks were missing :surprise:

Diesel98
26-10-2015, 11:58

So, obviously the first bit is about Diesel and his connection issues.
Notice his epic exit speed at the hairpin ;)

The next bit shows the incident between Wiurka and me, where l braked a little too late, went on the grass and lost the rear, turning me into his car :( And then l spun again only a few meters later in the chicane.

The last 3/4 of the video show the battle between Diesel and me - so much fun! :)
l'm always impressed by some of you guys and your calm driving when being under pressure. Thats something l still havent learned, l always make mistakes because l worry too much :/

Anyways, an epic battle with lots of trust and respect between us, thank you :)

Enjoy the video!

Wish I had that sort of speed all the time, that was unbelievable!!! :D
Great battle at Sonoma Pink, I enjoyed every moment of that battle just as much as you did, shame I couldn't keep you behind for longer! ;)

QPRLad
26-10-2015, 12:38
We'll see how the first two races of next month go.
What would be the sense of putting the slower guys in even slower cars? That would only cause more problems (lapping etc.) And would make such a surprise as Wieiurkas 2nd place yesterday impossible.

I get that but why not have a relegation/promotion system? Bottom two at the end of the month get relegated to Am, top two get a promotion.
Lapping will test the faster racers skills of respect for the slower drivers and test their track knowledge of where to pass safely and fairly and where not to pass.

QPRLad
26-10-2015, 12:39
Okay, guess that works out seeing as I'd already finished the team logo they asked for :).

Yeah fine by me!

The Russian
26-10-2015, 13:26
Race 1: A good qualify for me 7th or 8th, had good pace with everyone on 1st lap stayed out of trouble running really well, then on 1st lap just before last chicane I got knocked out of track by diesel I think came straight back on and got cut track penalty:( diesel carried on when my speed came back on last corner I got pushed wide and into gravel lost my speed then just couldn't catch up. I've gotten to like Barcelona and it's a goto test track when messing with cars, had decent and consistent pace but couldn't make any head way into catching others up.

Race 2: Got 1 good qualifying lap all rest spoiled by myself and other drivers getting in each others way :) , didn't do anything special in race couldn't get nothing going by lap 10 -11 I had no tread on front left tyre, so was just losing time.

Well done to everyone congrats to all podium positions.

I will stay in championship and just try n get better that way :).

As regards to more practice, I only go on 2 games at the moment fifa 15 and pcars, yeah I got a bit better but still feel that its a 50/50 split between practicing and getting setups correct.

I will team up with anyone who will take me. What does all this mean though? Are we gonna share more knowledge of cars tracks etc, or we just gonna be left to our own devices and just add points together etc? I struggle to say what is wrong with the car, don't know if its under/oversteer or just too much speed into corners, etc. Anyway, I'm looking forward to racing with you all again next weekend :)

chig88
26-10-2015, 13:29

Man they really need to add blind spot indicators to this game. The first time you tried to overtake Diesel coming out of the hairpin he was completely invisible.

I hate it when that happens. I'm always way too cautious when I think someone might be beside me & 9/10 times I end up not pulling the move off. Just having those little arrows would avoid a lot of incidents.

The Russian
26-10-2015, 13:33
Yea agree with that chig, would help a lot

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 13:39
I get that but why not have a relegation/promotion system? Bottom two at the end of the month get relegated to Am, top two get a promotion.
Lapping will test the faster racers skills of respect for the slower drivers and test their track knowledge of where to pass safely and fairly and where not to pass.

Your suggestions dont make sense to me.
Shouldnt we promote the slower guys by giving them a bit of a faster car?
What do you hope to get from putting two drivers in a slower car? You will most likely be even more lonely on track.
With the advantage of a faster car, you can maybe get Top 5 results or better, dont mind the "unfair" advantage and enjoy the battles. "Unfair" good results are still better than driving by yourself lap after lap, dont you agree? :)

And l think the faster people dont mind the slower cars. I'm trying everything to mix things up and keep them fresh, we should see it as a new challenge and look where it goes. You might change your mind once you've stepped on our virtual podium :D Ask Delta, he went from Zero to almost Hero :p

Give your best, practice with your new teammate, stop being grumpy and enjoy the clean racing :) l bet you have a lot more left in you.

chig88
26-10-2015, 13:44
Give your best, practice with your new teammate

With this in mind, is it perhaps not a good idea for me & Ben to team together?

Not that I don't want to team with Ben (I do), but I usually don't get a chance to practice until the Saturday before the race. That wouldn't give Ben much of a chance to implement any tips I come up with (if there is any).

Maybe Ben should be paired with someone who practices a lot during the week & I'll go with someone else?

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 13:49
Race 1: A good qualify for me 7th or 8th, had good pace with everyone on 1st lap stayed out of trouble running really well, then on 1st lap just before last chicane I got knocked out of track by diesel I think came straight back on and got cut track penalty:( diesel carried on when my speed came back on last corner I got pushed wide and into gravel lost my speed then just couldn't catch up. I've gotten to like Barcelona and it's a goto test track when messing with cars, had decent and consistent pace but couldn't make any head way into catching others up.

Race 2: Got 1 good qualifying lap all rest spoiled by myself and other drivers getting in each others way :) , didn't do anything special in race couldn't get nothing going by lap 10 -11 I had no tread on front left tyre, so was just losing time.

Well done to everyone congrats to all podium positions.

I will stay in championship and just try n get better that way :).

As regards to more practice, I only go on 2 games at the moment fifa 15 and pcars, yeah I got a bit better but still feel that its a 50/50 split between practicing and getting setups correct.

I will team up with anyone who will take me. What does all this mean though? Are we gonna share more knowledge of cars tracks etc, or we just gonna be left to our own devices and just add points together etc? I struggle to say what is wrong with the car, don't know if its under/oversteer or just too much speed into corners, etc. Anyway, I'm looking forward to racing with you all again next weekend :)

Of course it means sharing setups, tips etc.
So, are you okay with me or not? :p

LinnyEK4
26-10-2015, 13:53
Barcelona
Not enjoy the car, always struggle with it. I think all AWD in this game are very curious they are always sliding that not reflect the grip of those cars
Congrats to Wiewiurka to his victory, we can call it i think

Sonoma
I almost got a penalty at the start, very close
Really fun race with chig, your driving was very solid :)
I thought in my head when he will make a mistake and leave me alone lol until i go into the tyres at last corner
First i was like "oh no" and then i laugh that lost my concentration for 1 lap lol
Pink and Diesel's battle seems to be very fun, this kind of clean battle makes me smile

Never mind about to have a slower car, i'm not here to win all the time but have fun with good battle with clean drivers, it's the most important i think

chig88
26-10-2015, 13:59
Really fun race with chig, your driving was very solid :)
I thought in my head when he will make a mistake and leave me alone lol until i go into the tyres at last corner
First i was like "oh no" and then i laugh that lost my concentration for 1 lap lol

Haha, I was thinking the same - 'if I keep the pressure on he will make a mistake' :).

Unfortunately the mistake came in the wrong place & I couldn't get past :(.

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 14:22
With this in mind, is it perhaps not a good idea for me & Ben to team together?

Not that I don't want to team with Ben (I do), but I usually don't get a chance to practice until the Saturday before the race. That wouldn't give Ben much of a chance to implement any tips I come up with (if there is any).

Maybe Ben should be paired with someone who practices a lot during the week & I'll go with someone else?

But Saturday is still enough time :)
And most of the time you have a good setup and l dont think you run short on good tips either, so lets just try :p

The Russian
26-10-2015, 14:37
Yes, I will team up with you

QPRLad
26-10-2015, 14:50
I'm just grumpy, and now people are telling me Bacon causes the big C as much as cigarettes!

I'll be alright, reading Malts suggestion of removing the braking line and learn the track may take some time but I'm willing to try. I'm not expecting miricals but it seems everyone has a great race at some stage, and I'm just being Envious/childish it just isn't me. Just call me Nico.

Why always me.

chig88
26-10-2015, 15:20
But Saturday is still enough time :)
And most of the time you have a good setup and l dont think you run short on good tips either, so lets just try :p

Okay - I'm willing to help wherever I can :).

I'll be alright, reading Malts suggestion of removing the braking line and learn the track may take some time but I'm willing to try.

I really think that will help. The line tells you to brake way too early & it's just confusing. After a few races without it you'll wonder how you ever raced with it turned on (unless someone knocks the brake marker boards over of course - then it would probably come in handy ;)).

Little tip - if you find yourself lost on where to hit the brakes, take notice of where the rubber build up is on the track going into each corner. Brake at the start of the rubber marks.

Pink_650S
26-10-2015, 17:20
SUNDAY
Final Standings - October

Pos.

Drivers

Overall

Bonus

TT

Linny

Pink

Diesel

Chig

Grijo

SuperBVB

-

Pidgey

Mantu

Linnuke

-

Delta

-

Wiewiurka

-

TheRussian

-

-

Fastback

-

BenBradders

-

-

Nervoso

-

-

Davan

-

-

Drushan

-

TIME TRIAL
Results - Lotus 72D Cosworth / Sakitto GP

Pos.

Driver

Time

Mantu

1:39,896

Pink

1:40,723

Diesel

1:41,444

LinnyEK

1:41,657

Pidgey

1:41,116

SuperBVB

1:42,351

Drushan

1:42,575

Grijo

1:42,633

delta_reg
26-10-2015, 18:48
That was a great battle between Pink and Diesel there, good video. :) I was the second car behind you Pink during the battle, I thought I would have the pace to keep up with you both for the long haul but I uh, didn't. :p At least I got to watch. ;)

Rip_Davan
26-10-2015, 22:45
Sorry for the late review.

Congratulations to the winners of the final round and super congratulations to Linny for an excellent October Championship win.

First race, I qualified P4 with a time two tenths quicker than my quickest practice lap all week. Unfortunately, that is where the good ended for me. I out braked myself into turn one and took the long way around which didn't bother me. I lost a few positions and then somebody gave me a punt which put me on the grass and, ultimately, in last. As I was catching two cars in front of me I received a cut-track penalty for going slightly too wide at turn two. I caught back up pretty quickly and as I attempted to pass Grijo into the final chicane, his car lagged (or something) into mine bumping me off track for another cut penalty. I caught up again and as I was preparing my nerves for another pass attempt on an unpredictable car, said unpredictable car cannoned itself into the car and, subsequently, the wall ahead of it, gifting me my eventual finishing position. I was catching the field but I had lost an epic amount of time.

Race two, a shambles. I got a good start but clipped the concrete wall at the end of the pit exit and wiped somebody out. I apologise deeply for that. It was the smallest of bumps but it just threw my car across the road. I was catching a group of three cars having a battle. I joined in for a couple of laps and worked my way into a good battle with the leader of that group and was pulling along side whoever it was when they turned into me sending me spinning in front of them. I think whoever caused it waited for me to recover but that was me done. I circulated with good pace mid-race and was catching The_Russian but he was still 17 seconds up the track when the field started to lap me. After letting everyone through over the course of a couple of laps, I found myself in last.

Still, I had heaps of fun. I was pleased with my pace not so with a few unfortunate incidents. November will be interesting. I look forward to it.

Rhombohedron
27-10-2015, 01:49
I don't have any strong opinions regarding teams, but I do think that matching up drivers based on October Championship points alone won't work well due to some faster drivers losing points from missing races. A better approach might be to rank drivers based on driver stats from the website. For example, a ratio based on podiums per race (Career Podiums / Career Races) could work, or possibly points per race (Career Points / Career Races) if Pink still has everyone's total career points. You'd have to kind of guess where I would fit in though, since I only have 2 races so far.

Pink_650S
27-10-2015, 05:48
@Davan: How does it look with work and races for you in November? :)
It would be good to know.

DruShan_87
27-10-2015, 17:33

Great job chig on the team logo it's very good thanks for that. If we are doing teams again next month I don't mind if ye want mix us up pidgey is the same. Is everybody paired up already?

Pink_650S
28-10-2015, 07:09
Great job chig on the team logo it's very good thanks for that. If we are doing teams again next month I don't mind if ye want mix us up pidgey is the same. Is everybody paired up already?

No, still not all have teammates.
Do you and Pidgey have preferrences?

DruShan_87
28-10-2015, 13:41
I'll team up with anyone that wants too. Who's with who so far? Are we gonna do teams this month or next?

Pink_650S
28-10-2015, 14:45
Chig & Ben
Delta & Diesel
Fastback & BVB
Russian & Me

In November.

Rhombohedron
28-10-2015, 19:41
I think I'll go with Pink's suggestion and ask Rip_Davan to be my teammate since I don't really know any of you guys yet. I definitely think having teams would be a good idea, even if we don't get enough teams confirmed and Pink has to assign teammates before the first race. I'm hoping teammates will share tips and setups to help reduce everyone's time commitment when learning the new cars and tracks.