PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin Track Expansion! (Track & Liveries)

Pages : [1] 2 3

SharpEyez
28-09-2015, 17:36
Today they released new expansions!

What amazes me though, is that I didn't find anything about this on the forums so far.
At least not in the: Forum: News & Announcements section. I'd wonder why that is, I regularly check that topic in order to see and read the latest news and new stuff..

Angst1974
28-09-2015, 17:39
Not sure if I am going to buy the liveries .

Jezza819
28-09-2015, 17:47
Yeah I'll pass on the liveries.

maurice-pascale
28-09-2015, 17:58
And again just 1 TRACK.......2-3 tracks for a TRACK PACK with maybe 1-2 layouts......but this is no track expansion....more a car expansion + 1 track.....

looks very low with tracks for the future........

MrBlacky
28-09-2015, 18:01
Winkelwagen.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 18:04
looks very low with tracks for the future........

There's a track expansion coming in november.

Racer Pro
28-09-2015, 18:06
logitech liveries at 3.49€ wtf is that i never pay for cosmétique.

cluck
28-09-2015, 18:06
What a bunch of misery guts :p

I haven't even looked at the test track yet but just a quick play with the '59 DBR1 and Vantage GTE were enough to convince me my money was well spent. Absolutely love those 2 cars :loyal:.

maurice-pascale
28-09-2015, 18:10
There's a track expansion coming in november.

I thought this is a track expansion.......and it is....i remember the scheduled calender for the future of DLC's......and this is called a track expansion...but SMS think a track with some layouts is like 5 different tracks....but its not the same and for me much more bad.....gets boring very fast......and a bit to much cars inside this "track expansions"....more then tracks

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 18:30
I thought this is a track expansion.......and it is....i remember the scheduled calender for the future of DLC's......and this is called a track expansion...but SMS think a track with some layouts is like 5 different tracks....but its not the same and for me much more bad.....gets boring very fast......and a bit to much cars inside this "track expansions"....more then tracks

It's an Aston Martin + Track Expansion. It's not a Track(s) expansion.

What a bunch of misery guts :p

I haven't even looked at the test track yet but just a quick play with the '59 DBR1 and Vantage GTE were enough to convince me my money was well spent. Absolutely love those 2 cars :loyal:.

I solely got this for the Lola. I am not disappointed. The rest was just extra for me. My money was well spent too.

Edit: Picking up the Logitech Liveries too. More liveries is always nice for variety. Especially ones with real companies. Don't get the complaints, but to each his own I guess.

m355y
28-09-2015, 18:35
The DLC looks great. People complaining about it only being one new track.......come on. And at least it's not Ruapuna. The cars look really good, the free car looks like easily the best freebie so far (by a mile), there's new liveries for free too. Good day tomorrow.

The Logitech livery pack can kiss my arse though.

Seelenkrank
28-09-2015, 18:35
money = printed paper, so i buyed both :glee:

Tomcul
28-09-2015, 18:43
Can we free roam on the test track?

resmania
28-09-2015, 18:47

Yes

Mangoat
28-09-2015, 18:47

Yes, you can ;)

Ninja'd

Neil Bateman
28-09-2015, 18:49
Just thought i would have a blast on the high banked oval but you can only go so far round then the car just slows down and you fall off the banking.

Not much point in a banked oval that you cant go all the way round but on the plus side i do like at least one of the other track layouts.

resmania
28-09-2015, 18:52
Just thought i would have a blast on the high banked oval but you can only go so far round then the car just slows down and you fall off the banking.

Not much point in a banked oval that you cant go all the way round but on the plus side i do like at least one of the other track layouts.

I noticed that too. :p

balk
28-09-2015, 18:58
When will it be on xbox one?

And this is NOT the Scotland open road track!?

Shinzah
And this is NOT the Scotland open road track!?

No. This is Astons + Mojave Test Track

Guille

FS7
28-09-2015, 18:59
I love PCars, I've bought every DLC so far, I'll buy the AM Expansion as soon as it's available on the US PS Store, but I don't see any reason to pay for a Logitech livery pack when there's 3 livery packs available for free. Just my opinion.
I'm looking forward to trying out the new track, the open layout should be a lot of fun. I don't get the complaints about the track, "expansion" title, or whatever, it's a pretty reasonable price for 3 cars + 1 new track location.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 19:01
I'm looking forward to trying out the new track, the open layout should be a lot of fun. I don't get the complaints about the track, "expansion" title, or whatever, it's a pretty reasonable price for 3 cars + 1 new track location.

You're not wrong. I'd have paid this much or more just for the Lola or the GTE.

The Logitech Liveries do look pretty great in the game though. Plus most (all?) of the community packs are fictional sponsors. This adds cars with real companies. It adds to some authenticity for me, at least. In any case, it's on demand content and we can pick and chose what we like the best ^^;

DECATUR PLAYA
28-09-2015, 19:03
Can you setup a race on the high banked oval.

Alex Hobbs
28-09-2015, 19:05
Can you setup a race on the high banked oval.

Nope, can't race on the drag strip either, or the skid pan :/

Raven403
28-09-2015, 19:08
Nope, can't race on the drag strip either, or the skid pan :/

Sounds like more of a novelty than a real track expansion

KimKom
28-09-2015, 19:10
First impression:
Cars are nice.
Track is another barren, lifeless wasteland. Some planting and more buildings wouldn't have gone amiss.

£2.89 for six liveries? Dream on...

Gopher04
28-09-2015, 19:10
DBR1-2 cockpit is over exposed, getting the white glares of the track, needs toning down a tad. (nout to do with fov)

Why on a test track would you have such a high bank and all the cars can't get past half way up before they hit a rail?

Lawndarts
28-09-2015, 19:20
Why a GTE car? Isn't that the US equivalent of gt2 but slightly more powerful? Or is it following the new regulation that is attempting to even them out this year?

Kelderek
28-09-2015, 19:33
I like the track, lots of possibilities!

Several layouts, partially overlapping, with many different characteristics: Hill climb with sharp twists and turns, high speed oval-ish layout (not the banked circular track, but a real circuit possible to use for racing). Some of the layouts use parts of the banked high-speed circle.

All layouts have a lot of interesting corners and passages, some with serious banking that adds speed.

I had a blast just exploring the entire test track in "open mode" with the Caterham Superlight, very suitable car for the twisty and technically challenging parts!

I think the track alone is worth the price, it's like several very different race tracks bundled into one. With the "open test track" mode as an added feature.

The Astons are excellent all three, judging from a quick test drive:
The 1955 DBR1 is a blast to drive, possibly my favourite among the "classics".
The Vantage GTE is a nice addition to the Aston GT line-up. Great sound!
The DBR1-2 LMP1 car is a great experience as well, clearly with the best sound among the prototypes!

Rayge
28-09-2015, 19:38
A GTE car with 450bhp? What the hell is this? Is this some kind of fake Vantage GTE that doesn't exist? What kind of racing simulator is this?

KimKom
28-09-2015, 19:48
A GTE car with 450bhp? What the hell is this? Is this some kind of fake Vantage GTE that doesn't exist? What kind of racing simulator is this?

According to this it should be > 600bhp.
http://www.astonmartin.com/en/racing/race-cars/vantage-gte

The GTE handles great though, I really like it :)

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 19:57
Why a GTE car? Isn't that the US equivalent of gt2 but slightly more powerful? Or is it following the new regulation that is attempting to even them out this year?

GTE is the standard ACO manufacturer backed GT class. It used to be GT2 worldwide until 2011. The American (Tudor) class with the same specification is called GTLM. The Aston is a GTE car, but it's been restricted and balanced to compete in GT3 hence why its power has been lowered.

SlowBloke
28-09-2015, 20:03
Some people seem they are not happy unless they dream up something to whinge about.....

Cars handle great and the 5.5km track layout has some fun stuff going on. Track Ffb feels great (ie not road america or brno).

I would much prefer a btcc car set with a few more uk tracks but that does not mean I can't see the quality and love in this dlc. (In front of that ffb defaults per wheel, default setup per track and ability to save setups like every other sim per file!)

Thanks sms :)

steviraikkonen
28-09-2015, 20:04
So you can't race on this track? Or is it just the oval you can't race on?

FS7
28-09-2015, 20:06
So you can't race on this track? Or is it just the oval you can't race on?
There's 5 layouts that can be used in races & free practice and 1 open layout that can only be used in free practice.

havocc
28-09-2015, 20:12
Just tested C9 top speed at the oval, 389 km/h but i guess with a little more work on gear ratios you can go faster :)

Del Zotto x82x
28-09-2015, 20:23
Whats so special about the Logitech Livery pack that it cost money? Any amount of money for liveries is too much!

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 20:26
Whats so special about the Logitech Livery pack that it cost money? Any amount of money for liveries is too much!

I guess you don't know how sponsorship works.

Probably SMS and Logitech and Cloud9 set up a promotion where Logitech wheel users would get the pack for free, and released it as paid DLC for the rest of the community. The liveries are real companies (though fictional liveries) and this costs money in order to make money.

If SMS were to license a lot of liveries for cars already in the game that used real brands, or better, were real liveries themselves it's likely they too would be released as paid DLC.

chig88
28-09-2015, 20:32
Aston Martin - yes.

Logitech Liveries - hell no.

I'm assuming some of the proceeds from that goes to Logitech themselves? No way in hell I'm giving them any cash.

Racer Pro
28-09-2015, 20:33
Whats so special about the Logitech Livery pack that it cost money? Any amount of money for liveries is too much!paying for liveries no thanks

Racer Pro
28-09-2015, 20:33
Aston Martin - yes.

Logitech Liveries - hell no.

I'm assuming some of the proceeds from that goes to Logitech themselves? No way in hell I'm giving them any cash.Logitech Liveries - hell no.

Del Zotto x82x
28-09-2015, 20:37

Probably SMS and Logitech and Cloud9 set up a promotion where Logitech wheel users would get the pack for free, and released it as paid DLC for the rest of the community. The liveries are real companies (though fictional liveries) and this costs money in order to make money.

If SMS were to license a lot of liveries for cars already in the game that used real brands, or better, were real liveries themselves it's likely they too would be released as paid DLC.

I don't shell out money and buy a game and dlc cars just to have to shell out more money for the f'n liveries.. I love dlc and anyone who knows me, knows I have NO problem shelling out money for dlc. But come on man, come on... A lot of people have a problem with buying a game just to have to turn around and pay for in game content... I am not one of those... like I said COME ON MAN!

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 20:37
Guys, if you don't want the liveries don't buy them.

What's the point of coming to the forums to say you're not going to buy the optional content nobody is forcing anyone to buy?

I mean. Screw Nike shoes! I will never pay 130$ for shoes! SHOES SHOULD BE FREE! GIVE ME FREE SHOES!

Raven403
28-09-2015, 20:41
The Logitech liveries were created as a promo to get free when u get the Logitech wheel. They simply offered them as dlc to everyone else. Don't want em don't buy em

Mad LL
28-09-2015, 20:41
I don't understand the reasoning behind this paying livery pack either. This sounds like a "Street-Fighter-costumes"-esque anomaly in an otherwise fairly priced DLC offer.

fresquito
28-09-2015, 20:42
Can be the Test-Track be played online?

Edit: Wasn't this supposed to be free for WMD members? Or was it the next DLC?

Del Zotto x82x
Guys, if you don't want the liveries don't buy them.

What's the point of coming to the forums to say you're not going to buy the optional content nobody is forcing anyone to buy?

I mean. Screw Nike shoes! I will never pay 130$ for shoes! SHOES SHOULD BE FREE! GIVE ME FREE SHOES!

I agree and I wasn't complaining, I was giving my opinion as to I dunno what sms were even thinking doing this.. But I %100 agree.. Same goes for those who comment in oval threads who have NO interest in ovals..

Bettchen
Usually a company pays to have their name printed on something, that's how adds work. Here it's the other way, you have to pay to see their advertisement in your game.

flymar
28-09-2015, 20:46
I'll buy it solely for the old Aston Martin:) And I put too much in Logitech gear to bother with the liveries:) I'd rather spend some on more of the creative user ones.
@Shinzah It's just the opinions - good or bad. Isn't that the major cause to use any forums - to share the opinion about everything?:D

Laud Barnor
28-09-2015, 20:46
thats what i was trying to figure out; cant remember if this ones free or if its the next one? Anyone?

Nekrobob
28-09-2015, 20:47
Can be the Test-Track be played online?

Edit: Wasn't this supposed to be free for WMD members? Or was it the next DLC?

Nope.It`s so sad.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 20:47
I agree and I wasn't complaining, I was giving my opinion as to I dunno what sms were even thinking doing this.. But I %100 agree.. Same goes for those who comment in oval threads who have NO interest in ovals..

The thing is Del, as someone whose worked in graphic art as a modeler when I see people complaining that they should be given art assets for free that it's "Just cosmetics" when I, as a modeler am very poor at shaders and texture work and require a partner so I can make money, all I'm seeing is "I'm so entitled to free content that the people who made it aren't even worth the few dollars it costs."

It makes me sad. Logitech, Cloud9, SMS and Bamco could have made this a Logitech wheel owners only DLC Promotion. Then people would complain that Logitech owners got content they didn't get. So they release it for four dollars, which comes to me paying 66 cents for each pretty blue race car to go in my game.

It's complaining for complaining sake. All it takes for you to make the statement you want to make is to vote with your wallet. I think it's really strange to see people with nothing better to do with their time than NOT buy something, and complain about NOT buying it.

That's just my opinion though.

flymar
28-09-2015, 20:48
thats what i was trying to figure out; cant remember if this ones free or if its the next one? Anyone?
Free will be Ferrari vs Lambo and Veyron ones. For Chrismas.

Raven403
Nope.It`s so sad.

And there's no way to have pits, so no setup testing without backing out entirely.

Strange decision

STEELJOCKEY
I can understand why they are saying they won't pay for liveries, and this is one way the developers can get some feedback on their DLC.

So one or two will buy the liveries, and most are saying no to paying for what is essentially just a paint scheme advertising someone's product. Personally I won't pay for someone's advertising, they can pay to promote their own product, and hope it influences me.

As for extra tracks, I'll always be up for a new environment, cars-meh, has to be something good to entice me. If I want a million cars to drive around just a couple of tracks I'll sign up to another gaming franchise. Racing to me is about taking a car to many locations and trying my best to go fast at multiple venues. Same as what happens in the real world.

fresquito
28-09-2015, 20:49
Nope.It`s so sad.
Thanks. That sucks :-/

Even if it's only for practice, being able to fool around with friends would be kind of cool.

Raven403
28-09-2015, 20:50
The thing is Del, as someone whose worked in graphic art as a modeler when I see people complaining that they should be given art assets for free that it's "Just cosmetics" when I, as a modeler am very poor at shaders and texture work and require a partner so I can make money, all I'm seeing is "I'm so entitled to free content that the people who made it aren't even worth the few dollars it costs."

It makes me sad. Logitech, Cloud9, SMS and Bamco could have made this a Logitech wheel owners only DLC Promotion. Then people would complain that Logitech owners got content they didn't get. So they release it for four dollars, which comes to me paying 66 cents for each pretty blue race car to go in my game.

It's complaining for complaining sake. All it takes for you to make the statement you want to make is to vote with your wallet. I think it's really strange to see people with nothing better to do with their time than NOT buy something, and complain about NOT buying it.

That's just my opinion though.

I think, just to address the second part of your comment Shin, is its good for SMS to see how the Content they present is recieved. That's the only 'good' thing I think you could draw from it. Compared to other dlc and content releases this one seems to be getting a more negative connotation, I'd Wana know that as the dev I guess. I dunno just a thought

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
28-09-2015, 20:55
Why a GTE car? Isn't that the US equivalent of gt2 but slightly more powerful? Or is it following the new regulation that is attempting to even them out this year?GTE is governed by ACO so it's really French, and it is essentially what GT2 is called these days.

The GTE handles great though, I really like it :)It's 468 bhp at sea level with the restrictor fully open. 600 bhp is what the engine would push out without any restrictors. The 458 GTE/GT2 is also around 460-470 bhp, the new Z4 GTE somewhere in the 480 bhp region, etc. GTE cars generally are lower power than GT3 cars, but have much better aero efficiency, as well as being lighter. Even with the power disadvantage the Aston GTE can still rack up top speeds around the same levels as the GT3 cars (though it takes a bit longer to get there on a straight up blast), and it's significantly quicker in the corners (compared to the GT3 Aston a quick test showed the difference to be about 1.67 G vs. 1.57 G at around 170 km/h).

Shinzah
I think, just to address the second part of your comment Shin, is its good for SMS to see how the Content they present is recieved. That's the only 'good' thing I think you could draw from it. Compared to other dlc and content releases this one seems to be getting a more negative connotation, I'd Wana know that as the dev I guess. I dunno just a thought

People complain about everything, Raven. SMS would look at the sales numbers and objective data. The complaints aren't really useful data to them.

I really hope this actually doesn't screw up plans for more cosmetic DLC. Especially if that cosmetic DLC would come for cars that do not presently have extra livery slots.

The future will tell. But I just don't get it. It's an aspect of human nature I just do not comprehend.

I literally do not go into a store, see a brand I dislike, and start telling others in public how I'm not going to buy the thing because it should be either given to me, or because I don't like the brand. I'd probably be told to shut up.

fresquito
Can anybody tell me to what in-game classes these cars belong to?

NuclearPenguin
28-09-2015, 20:56
Played a bit around the test track layouts. I like it though I wish each layout had a pit area :(. Would it be unrealistic to add them in with a patch? I guess it might be a lot of work.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 20:57
Can anybody tell me to what in-game classes these cars belong to?

The DBR 1-2 is LMP1 and has career contracts.
The Vantage GTE is GT3 and has career contracts.

Not sure about the other.

Schnizz58
28-09-2015, 20:58
And there's no way to have pits, so no setup testing without backing out entirely.

Strange decision

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/594/839/057.gif

cluck
I realise this might be lost on many non-UK folk (and possibly quite a few UK folk too) but seeing some of the posts in here compelled me to do this

and yes, I have bought the liveries and yes, I do want you all to know that I bought them. I feel it is important that you all know this.

NuclearPenguin
The last one was listed as Vintage GT2 if I recall correctly.

Raven403
28-09-2015, 20:59
People complain about everything, Raven. SMS would look at the sales numbers and objective data. The complaints aren't really useful data to them.

I really hope this actually doesn't screw up plans for more cosmetic DLC. Especially if that cosmetic DLC would come for cars that do not presently have extra livery slots.

The future will tell. But I just don't get it. It's an aspect of human nature I just do not comprehend.

I literally do not go into a store, see a brand I dislike, and start telling others in public how I'm not going to buy the thing because it should be either given to me, or because I don't like the brand. I'd probably be told to shut up.

Yeah but that's something you'll never do away with. In a public forum for anything, with the anonymity of the Internet your gonna get complaints about evvvverything.

I'm guilty of it, as I'm sure you know, but it happens. No sense trying to figure it out. My guess for why there are complaints about this particular issue is because it's not what people wanted so they want to make that known.

I too hope they release more livery content in the future for all the cars, I miss the livery editing from other games in Pcars so having as many choices as possible is a definite plus for me.

Ps, more #25 liveries too. Killin me

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:02
Ps, more #25 liveries too. Killin me

Need more 99's ;-;

Del Zotto x82x
28-09-2015, 21:02

Shinza, you do realize that you are complaining about people complaining?

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:04
Shinza, you do realize that you are complaining about people complaining?

It's not so much a complaint as it is an observation. But yes, I do realize it can be taken that way.

My only excuse is that I dedicate my time to trying to understand.

cluck
28-09-2015, 21:04
Shinza, you do realize that you are complaining about people complaining?And you realise that you are close to complaining about Shinzah complaining about people complaining and that I am complaining about that?

:p

Casey Ringley
28-09-2015, 21:05

The GTE handles great though, I really like it :)

>600hp unrestricted The air restrictor sizes used in WEC and other series cut this down significantly and, yes, GTE cars typically all have less power than their GT3 cousins. It is made up for with lower weight and better aero packages.

fresquito
Do you realise this is about the new DLC and not about you? Some people just can't pass the chance to main in every damn thread.

Shinzah
And you realise that you are close to complaining about Shinzah complaining about people complaining and that I am complaining about that?

https://media.giphy.com/media/2p7rjzT9M7rI4/giphy.gif

Raven403
And you realise that you are close to complaining about Shinzah complaining about people complaining and that I am complaining about that?

Ohh boy, I think we're entering a Complaint Vortex. This is known to happen.

Everyone stay calm

Del Zotto x82x
28-09-2015, 21:06

And you of course realize that you are complaining about yourself complaining about me complaining about shinza complaining about others complaining...

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:08
And you of course realize that you are complaining about me complaining about shinza complaining about others complaining...

But do you realize you are complaining about cluck complaining about you complaining about me complaining about others complaining.

https://media.giphy.com/media/C1ODiCUL8VO9O/giphy.gif

Schnizz58
I'm getting outta this thread before somebody decides to divide by zero.

cluck
And you of course realize that you are complaining about me complaining about shinza complaining about others complaining...I reported my own complaint, complaining about me complaining. So don't worry, normal service will resume shortly

And in case it got missed, Casey just posted this

>600hp unrestricted The air restrictor sizes used in WEC and other series cut this down significantly and, yes, GTE cars typically all have less power than their GT3 cousins. It is made up for with lower weight and better aero packages.

Roel de Meulder
28-09-2015, 21:10
Ohh boy, I think we're entering a Complaint Vortex. This is known to happen.

Everyone stay calm

My useful addition to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KksRLeoWL3M&feature=youtu.be

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.82341220.1429/hj,x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:10
I'm getting outta this thread before somebody decides to divide by zero.

https://media.giphy.com/media/6b7eZDk2s5Heo/giphy.gif

28-09-2015, 21:17
And in case it got missed, Casey just posted thisAnd just so people can sort of visualize what sort of differences in aero efficiency we're talking about, in Assetto Corsa (because the downforce numbers are super easy to extract from that game) the Z4 GT3 with default wings got around 460-470 kg of downforce with a drag coefficient of 1.0 at 200 km/h. At the same speed with the default settings the 458 GT2 (or GTE as it's classified today) got 540-550 kg of downforce with a drag coefficient of 0.9. So around 18% more DF with a significantly lower drag coefficient.

Heinz-Harald
28-09-2015, 21:18
Are there now two almost identical Aston Martin Vantage in GT3? I thought they would finally start a GTE class and pull the M3 out of GT3 aswell. :rolleyes:

Del Zotto x82x
28-09-2015, 21:21
Are there now two almost identical Aston Martin Vantage in GT3? I thought they would finally start a GTE class and pull the M3 out of GT3 aswell. :rolleyes:

The way I understand it, the M3 would stand no chance against the Aston Martin GTE

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:22
Are there now two almost identical Aston Martin Vantage in GT3?

No. They are different race cars.

One is a V8, the other is a V12.

One makes its speed by being narrower with more power.

The other makes its speed by having more downforce and less weight.

They are different race cars from the same manufacturer. The GTE was balanced to run in GT3 is all.

To call it identical is a bit of a stretch. The powerplants alone are entirely different.

TheReaper GT
28-09-2015, 21:23

Nope, very different cars apart from the bodywork. But I agree , the gte and m3 should be in their own class.
The m3 is actually an gt2 car that was tuned down to fit in the gt3 class.

28-09-2015, 21:24
No. They are different race cars.

One is a V8, the other is a V12.

One makes its speed by being narrower with more power.

The other makes its speed by having more downforce and less weight.

They are different race cars from the same manufacturer. The GTE was balanced to run in GT3 is all.

To call it identical is a bit of a stretch. The powerplants alone are entirely different.The GTE also has vastly higher aero efficiency, it can reach just about the same top speeds even though it has vastly less power (though acceleration is obviously lower due to less power, and high altitudes hurt it more) and it'll go around corners a lot quicker when set up and driven right. It also has a highly adjustable gearbox which the GT3 car lacks, which can make a significant difference once set up right.

Heinz-Harald
28-09-2015, 21:27
The m3 is actually an gt2 car that was tuned down to fit in the gt3 class.
Yes I know, as is the Aston GTE it seems because GT2 and GTE are of course basically they same class in a different time in real life.

28-09-2015, 21:29
Nope, very different cars apart from the bodywork. But i she, the gte and m3 should be in their own class.
The m3 is actually an gt2 car that was tuned down to fit in the gt3 class.Actually I thought the bodywork was surprisingly different as well. =)

And the gap in speed between GTE and GT3 is small even in real life. In series where the two are on the track simultaneously (ELMS, Tudor for example) the GT3 cars are generally suffering extra restrictions and weight ballasts to slow them down and create a larger gap between the two classes. Looking at times from series where both run separately at their own pace the difference tend to be below a second, and on many occasions (particularly a few years ago) GT3 cars were actually quicker on the same tracks.

TexasTyme214
28-09-2015, 21:29
@Casey have you posted the digression knees for these already? If not, may I ask what they are?

28-09-2015, 21:34
@Casey have you posted the digression knees for these already? If not, may I ask what they are?He hasn't, I'm eagerly awaiting them as well (asked for them already elsewhere). Once I get the digression knees and can also get the Merc 300SL stuff from in-game I can finally update my spreadsheet.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:35
Actually I thought the bodywork was surprisingly different as well. =)

And the gap in speed between GTE and GT3 is small even in real life. In series where the two are on the track simultaneously (ELMS, Tudor for example) the GT3 cars are generally suffering extra restrictions and weight ballasts to slow them down and create a larger gap between the two classes. Looking at times from series where both run separately at their own pace the difference tend to be below a second, and on many occasions (particularly a few years ago) GT3 cars were actually quicker on the same tracks.

Tudor is running headlong into a BoP nightmare with its current class structure, actually. The GTLM's are within a second of the LMPC's and the leading GTD's are within a second of the GTLM backfield. Lapping is an absolute nightmare and it's been generating multi-class car clusters and frustration for some time this season.

It's entirely expected that IMSA will nerf the LMPC category or relegate it to it's own events and start running actual GT3 spec cars with heavy restriction.

They *may* even lose the GTLM class, as at the moment it only has two primary manufacturers in its competition.

flymar
and yes, I have bought the liveries and yes, I do want you all to know that I bought them. I feel it is important that you all know this.

Nelly D Racer
The LMP 1 and GT3 Aston's are amazing but the classic GT2 model feel's terrible. As for the track and various layouts EPIC was really worth the wait :)

One small bug I found, a section on the large oval seems to be sticky on the outside edge.

Oh and yeah I'm probably gonna pass on the livery pack as well, I'll wait for the next free pack.

TheReaper GT
28-09-2015, 21:39
The LMP 1 and GT3 Aston's are amazing but the classic GT2 model feel's terrible. As for the track and various layouts EPIC was really worth the wait :)

One small bug I found was a section on the large oval seems to be sticky on the outside edge was a bit frustrating.

Oh and yeah I'm probably gonna pass on the livery pack as well, I'll wait for the next free pack.

There is one free pack and the paid Logitech pack.

Casey Ringley
28-09-2015, 21:42
@Casey have you posted the digression knees for these already? If not, may I ask what they are?

(very) soon. I may have got dates confused and thought this pack was coming out on Friday. Notes almost written.

Martin03
28-09-2015, 21:44
It says we can use the DRB1-2 prototype car on career but is that in Endurance series or LMP1?

Casey Ringley
28-09-2015, 21:50
Tudor is running headlong into a BoP nightmare with its current class structure, actually. The GTLM's are within a second of the LMPC's and the leading GTD's are within a second of the GTLM backfield. Lapping is an absolute nightmare and it's been generating multi-class car clusters and frustration for some time this season.

It's entirely expected that IMSA will nerf the LMPC category or relegate it to it's own events and start running actual GT3 spec cars with heavy restriction.

They *may* even lose the GTLM class, as at the moment it only has two primary manufacturers in its competition.

Scrap LMPC. Merge LMP2/P/LMP1-L and open up the engines so they all run over 600hp with fuel-per-lap restrictions alone. GTD becomes GT3/PWC rules, and GTLM can hang on and run with them in the same class as much as official ACO BoP allows. 5(ish) classes become two, racing gets faster and closer, and fans get less confusion about who is racing whom. But that's just one guy's idea thrown together late on a Monday. :)

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:53
Scrap LMPC. Merge LMP2/P/LMP1-L and open up the engines so they all run over 600hp with fuel-per-lap restrictions alone. GTD becomes GT3/PWC rules, and GTLM can hang on and run with them in the same class as much as official ACO BoP allows. 5(ish) classes become two, racing gets faster and closer, and fans get less confusion about who is racing whom. But that's just one guy's idea thrown together late on a Monday. :)

Please. Please take Athertons job. Please. He's hurting this series.

Jezza819
28-09-2015, 21:53

I'm expecting to see LMPC go away when the new prototype rules come in 2017. I think that will be the end for open cockpit cars in general.

GTLM currently has Chevrolet, Porsche, BMW and Ferrari. I don't really see them losing the entire class because Porsche and Chevrolet want to race at LeMans and until regulations change there for GT this is the only way they can do that.

28-09-2015, 22:01
Scrap LMPC. Merge LMP2/P/LMP1-L and open up the engines so they all run over 600hp with fuel-per-lap restrictions alone. GTD becomes GT3/PWC rules, and GTLM can hang on and run with them in the same class as much as official ACO BoP allows. 5(ish) classes become two, racing gets faster and closer, and fans get less confusion about who is racing whom. But that's just one guy's idea thrown together late on a Monday. :)ACO seems to be pushing updates to the rules in 2016 with the intention to free up the GTE class somewhat (less waiver throwing necessary), also making it faster (second or two per lap). They seem to want to completely phase out the current GTE cars by 2018.

This is essentially second on my list of what I wished would happen to GT racing, I'm all for GTE getting quicker again because the current situation where GTE and GT3 are almost dead on as quick is utterly ridiculous. My first choice though would have been a unification of some sort between the ACO and SRO classifications so that all cars could take part in all races on all continents with minimal hassle.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 22:02
I'm expecting to see LMPC go away when the new prototype rules come in 2017. I think that will be the end for open cockpit cars in general.

GTLM currently has Chevrolet, Porsche, BMW and Ferrari. I don't really see them losing the entire class because Porsche and Chevrolet want to race at LeMans and until regulations change there for GT this is the only way they can do that.

How is this the only way for Porsche and Chevrolet to race at LeMans...?

Porsche and Chevrolet are the only direct factory teams in IMSA GTLM, and Porsche might not even hold on to that. They have factory efforts overseas as well. They can run LeMans anyway.
Chevrolet can also man up and go overseas if they want to run factory backed GTE cars.
RLL and Ferrari are largely customer operations.

A class of seven race cars, with only two (and occasionally a third) being competitive at all is hardly worth running a class for, when they could be pulling 20+ car fields in GTD if they ran to PWC GT3 specification. As it is right now, PWC is walking all over IMSA in terms of field sizes and competition because IMSA are cost-capping PC and GTD and deliberately keeping the fields small and other cars and teams out of them. It's a clusterfark of the highest order. That doesn't even address the mess with the Prototype class.

And the 2017 plan as we know of now with the spec-ish LMP2-ish cars is just a farcicle and a half.

Atherton is driving this series into the ground just like he did the ALMS.

Soon PWC will be the only show in town worth competing in or attending.

And it's all because "LeMans ties!"

stangnutlx
28-09-2015, 22:04
the dlc's are getting lamer and lamer.

balderz002
28-09-2015, 22:06
I love love love the DBR1-2.
I love the Vantage GTE.
I haven't tried the classic DBR yet.
Nor the Mojave layouts.

Only thing its lacking, is official skins......... Did I miss a post detailing why?

Come on custom skinners, chop chop! I needs me a Gulf livery for the 1-2!

thmxvr
28-09-2015, 22:11
Don't despair guys. The quality level of the DLC's will raise with the next one. I have under good authorities that the next DLC will be a Monsanto(TM) car/livery and track pack. Very expansive but it is never to much to have the privilege to advertise for those guys.

28-09-2015, 22:12
Only thing its lacking, is official skins......... Did I miss a post detailing why?Usual suspect is licensing issues with the liveries. From what I've seen SMS makes every effort to produce as many real liveries as possible, and it's only when they can't do that legally that they make fictional ones.

Casey Ringley
Please. Please take Athertons job. Please. He's hurting this series.

Don't want it! :) But yeah, they definitely need to figure things out. First time in 16 years that I didn't spend all week at the Sebring 12h. (sadly) Didn't feel like I missed out and not seeing much to get me back next year. Indycar and PWC in St. Pete are where it's at.

dodge33cymru
RLL and Ferrari are largely customer operations.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say and deride the ACO and GM for keeping the GTE and GT3 classes separate, RLL is no private effort, it's fully funded by BMW North America and very much a works team.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 22:20
Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say and deride the ACO and GM for keeping the GTE and GT3 classes separate, RLL is no private effort, it's fully funded by BMW North America and very much a works team.

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing is based in Hilliard, Ohio and Brownsburg, Indiana and is co-owned by three-time IndyCar Champion and 1986 Indianapolis 500 winner Bobby Rahal, Mi-Jack co-owner Mike Lanigan and CBS LATE SHOW host David Letterman.

In 2009, the team joined BMW of North America to campaign the new BMW M3 in the American Le Mans Series, and in 2010 and 2011 won both the Manufacturer and Team Championships in the GT category.

Having manufacturer BACKING is not the same as having manufacturer FUNDING, as has Porsche and Chevrolet.

Mattze
28-09-2015, 22:39
Seven fictional liveries for 3,49 €? Not for me, sorry SMS. The other DLC looks better, but I would have wished a real track. However, the Aston Martins look great. Maybe I try it soon.

TNTNitro
28-09-2015, 22:53
charging for liveries doesn't seem like a good thing. in forza 6 you can paint or use millions of free liveries
Aston GTE in my opinion won't add anything more than the GT3 version
until today I bought all dlc, but I think I will pass this

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 22:56
Aston GTE in my opinion won't add anything more than the GT3 version

Aston Martin Vantage GTE: A lot could come from the V12 GT3 version as they aren't hugely different under the skin apart from the drivetrain differences. The 4.5L V8 is quite evolved over the road model’s 4.7L and would be good for 620hp unrestricted. It is also mounted much lower and further back than the V12, giving a weight distribution sitting right around the ideal 50:50. ACO balance of performance has it breathing through two 29.1mm restrictors which cut it down to about 450hp. It has run anywhere from 2x28.3mm to 2x29.4mm in the last couple of years, so we entered that as the range of adjustment a player can fiddle with. End result is output from 435-460hp. Surprisingly low for a car of this class, but it finds speed in other ways by being much lighter, more fuel efficient, and having a very efficient aero package. Low drag setup is good for 290kph and just under 14 laps at Le Mans on a 95L fuel tank - all consistent with data from this year's race - and lower top speeds around 255 and 240 at Spa and Silverstone, respectively, as you put downforce on. Good car to drive. Feels much more composed than the GT3 version thanks to being 80kg lighter with the smaller engine mounted so much lower in the car. Makes a nice contrast in that it is down maybe 70hp but overall is faster around nearly every track.

Motion ratio = 0.71 front, 0.77 rear
Damper transition speed, bump/rebound (mm/s) = 30/60 front, 50/95 rear

*shrugs*

NaRP
28-09-2015, 22:58
i made last update saturday 26 september (update 4.0). I bought this evening the DLC "Aston Martin Track Extension".
I don't have the Mercedes 300SL yet (what is FreeCar#4 according to post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37681-September-Free-car-and-or-DLC&p=1132612&viewfull=1#post1132612 )

yusupov
28-09-2015, 22:59
yeah just coming to post that, on PC no new mercedes, is it not out yet??

madmax2069
28-09-2015, 23:07
yeah just coming to post that, on PC no new mercedes, is it not out yet??

We already got the free car for this month.

yusupov
28-09-2015, 23:12
sorry, are you saying the merc is october & the ruf was september?

ace1973
28-09-2015, 23:14
So just looked and no updates for dlc or free content in the PlayStation store, I'm guessing nothing is out in North America yet. Would be nice if the devs would drop a estimated schedule for this stuff.

TheReaper GT
28-09-2015, 23:25
We already got the free car for this month.

sorry, are you saying the merc is october & the ruf was september?

Nope, this month is the Mercedes. I have it already. Just wait for it a little.

28-09-2015, 23:25
Aston GTE in my opinion won't add anything more than the GT3 versionA very superficial stand on the subject, the car is very different to drive, with a completely different DF vs. power bias compared to the GT3 car. It's a lot more stable, a lot quicker in the corners, and capable of high top speeds as well, but slower to accelerate. =)

yusupov
28-09-2015, 23:27
GTE is also just way cooler so yeah its prob not for u :snowman:

Cheesenium
28-09-2015, 23:33
A very superficial stand on the subject, the car is very different to drive, with a completely different DF vs. power bias compared to the GT3 car. It's a lot more stable, a lot quicker in the corners, and capable of high top speeds as well, but slower to accelerate. =)

Hey jussi, unfortunately, I find the Vantage GTE to be quite similar to Vantage GT3. In my first impression, the GTE felt like slow top speed version of GT3 that is better on corners. I guess I need more playtime to "feel" the difference.

The DBR1 and LMP1 are bloody hell amazing though. Especially the LMP 1, that feels like a monster with good aero.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 23:41
Hey jussi, unfortunately, I find the Vantage GTE to be quite similar to Vantage GT3. In my first impression, the GTE felt like slow top speed version of GT3 that is better on corners. I guess I need more playtime to "feel" the difference.

The DBR1 and LMP1 are bloody hell amazing though. Especially the LMP 1, that feels like a monster with good aero.

I noticed a pretty big difference in the GTE car. The way the car sets into a corner and is balanced felt a ton different (if one can *feel* through a controller, I guess.) and coming off of corners, it felt light (as a racecar should) but gutless with the reduced power. I felt like vs the GT3's I was driving out of corners with a parachute on. Though at the end of straights it would get the speed about par.

It carves beautiful lines around corners though, but it feels so sluggish coming off of them. Also, that endurance package tho. All of the shiney lights. ^^;

I could see someone saying "The difference is mostly just cornering". But as someone whose spent almost his entire playtime in GT3's, Prototypes and the other downforce cars, this car just has a different feel and technique than the GT3 car does.

That said, I hope the guy who made the Qirex livery does one for this car too. Because that's my favourite livery on the GT3 car. But I really want to drive this one instead of it.

Mostly because the GT3 car feels quite a bit more nervous when entering corners and it's tough to dial that out.

Mr.Smoke
28-09-2015, 23:52
Not available in North America yet....

:(

Cheesenium
28-09-2015, 23:53
I noticed a pretty big difference in the GTE car. The way the car sets into a corner and is balanced felt a ton different (if one can *feel* through a controller, I guess.) and coming off of corners, it felt light (as a racecar should) but gutless with the reduced power. I felt like vs the GT3's I was driving out of corners with a parachute on. Though at the end of straights it would get the speed about par.

It carves beautiful lines around corners though, but it feels so sluggish coming off of them. Also, that endurance package tho. All of the shiney lights. ^^;

I could see someone saying "The difference is mostly just cornering". But as someone whose spent almost his entire playtime in GT3's, Prototypes and the other downforce cars, this car just has a different feel and technique than the GT3 car does.

That said, I hope the guy who made the Qirex livery does one for this car too. Because that's my favourite livery on the GT3 car. But I really want to drive this one instead of it.

Mostly because the GT3 car feels quite a bit more nervous when entering corners and it's tough to dial that out.

I haven't been putting as much time in GT 3 these days compared to Pre release. I had been exploring the less understood classes for me as I never played them much in WMD.

It is true that the GTE version felt much more controlled in corner due to superior aero and better weight distribution that made the GT3 version felt like a hooligan. I still feel like there are other quirks and personality that I haven't seen yet that is probably hidden in other parts of the Vantage GTE town. It just the first impression, I had to admit that isn't as good as the other 2 cars. I think to take the Vantage GTE in a long race to see the difference it makes under a more endurance like setting. Better aero, better weight distribution, and a more efficient engine should make quite a difference in endurance.

Its not a terrible DLC, considering I get another LMP 1 and a new historic GT class. I find that I enjoyed the car packs so far than track packs. Hopefully next months car pack would be better for me.

Probably no endurance tonight. I'll be way too tired after real life "endurance" driving in real life.

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 00:08
For me the old timey car will probably get the least driving. ;)

I got the DLC for the Lola. Solely the Lola. I love that car, and SMS did me a good solid on it. But I love the GTE too.
I can see why it's heavily nerfed coming out of corners. If it had the velocity the GT3 did, it'd just steamroll everything.
And it's got a nice raw sound.

And that endurance package tho.

http://i.imgur.com/2ey4EqN.jpg

^^;

Cheesenium
29-09-2015, 00:14
The endurance package is beautiful. No doubt on that.

I bought DLC for DBR1 as I like to have a historic GT class. I was really surprised with the Lola, great fun to be had with that vehicle.

Gravit8
29-09-2015, 00:23
Do you realise this is about the new DLC and not about you? Some people just can't pass the chance to main in every damn thread.

Boom. Yes. Now you understand shinz

And I don't like liveries either. Don't even bother with the free ones. Just more hard drive space for aesthetics. Meh.

satco1066
29-09-2015, 00:44
i bought it, cause i wanted the new LMP1.

But what's the use of a "Testtrack" if you cannot test anything w/o ending the session.
As there is no box, you can only change setups once per session.

For the guys who answer for online sessions.
No, its not possible.
You can select the track, but then its not possible to start the session.

Hey, SMS.
Either you should cut this track from the online track list or you grey it out or you give a message, that this track is not possible to use.

But , as we know, same story as ever. New feature, new bug or more a careless behavior, i would say.
Really? When will you learn?

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 00:46
Boom. Yes. Now you understand shinz

I'm sorry, what made you think I was being addressed in particular?

ChrisK
29-09-2015, 00:51
so what class do you race these new DLC cars in ? ie: against what other cars ? and are they competitive ?

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 00:53
so what class do you race these new DLC cars in ? ie: against what other cars ? and are they competitive ?

The DBR1-2 is in LMP1 with career contracts
The Vantage GTE is in GT3 with career contracts
The DBR1 is in Historic GT2

All of them are competitive in their classes, yes.

Soulin85s
29-09-2015, 01:16
In mine TT lap timing.
The GTE one is way too slow compare to the GT3.
They are looks like not even in the same class.
Did I miss something?:(

29-09-2015, 01:51
But what's the use of a "Testtrack" if you cannot test anything w/o ending the session.
As there is no box, you can only change setups once per session.I've already gotten a ton of use out of it from DF and cornering testing. =)

You can actually change your setup without exiting the track, but you do need to hit Restart Session first. Still, a ton quicker than exiting to menu and back.

resmania
29-09-2015, 02:42
I tired 10 lap online race on Monza last night with the Vantage GTE, it was bit of a challenge to keep up the pace with other GT3 cars.
Especially on the straights you have no chance. Even the slip-streaming won't help you :P

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 02:53
I tired 10 lap online race on Monza last night with the Vantage GTE, it was bit of a challenge to keep up the pace with other GT3 cars.
Especially on the straights you have no chance. Even the slip-streaming won't help you :P

There's two ways you can approach it, though. You can trim out the car and make it buttery soft and hope that it'll be enough to suck up better in the draft.
Or you can give it gobs of stiffness and downforce and try to take as much of the track at daredevil ridiculous speeds.

The GTE car is much better suited to tracks with a lot of slow or medium corners.

Edit: Monza has that long sweeper near the end of the lap. If you could find a way to plough into that without losing nearly as much speed as the other guys, you should in theory be able to make it to the line before they overtake you...Mhh. This sounds like a fun challenge.

Where's Jussi.

Remy1986
29-09-2015, 03:04
Does the GTE have official liveries?

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 03:07
Does the GTE have official liveries?

No.

senn
29-09-2015, 03:14
There's two ways you can approach it, though. You can trim out the car and make it buttery soft and hope that it'll be enough to suck up better in the draft.
Or you can give it gobs of stiffness and downforce and try to take as much of the track at daredevil ridiculous speeds.

The GTE car is much better suited to tracks with a lot of slow or medium corners.

Edit: Monza has that long sweeper near the end of the lap. If you could find a way to plough into that without losing nearly as much speed as the other guys, you should in theory be able to make it to the line before they overtake you...Mhh. This sounds like a fun challenge.

Where's Jussi.

The GTE I also noticed has a restrictor in place as default. Not a massive power gain removing it, and it will still struggle on high speed tracks.

yusupov
29-09-2015, 03:17
GTE cars are made to race at le mans, gt3 arent...dont think it should struggle at high speed tracks, & it should be capable of significantly higher top speeds than gt3 (that comes into play more at le mans than monza though).

TheReaper GT
29-09-2015, 03:19
GTE cars are made to race at le mans, gt3 arent...dont think it should struggle at high speed tracks, & it should be capable of significantly higher top speeds than gt3 (that comes into play more at le mans than monza though).

That depends on individual track setup. They must be more constant and reliable than fast in endurance races.

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 03:22

1. GTE cars are made to compete for a whole championship. NISMO LMGTR's are made to race at Le-Mans.
2. Bold. No. GT3's actually can (and often do) go faster in straight line speed than GTE cars. They make their laptimes in totally different ways.

yusupov
29-09-2015, 03:24
well, ive never heard of a gt3 doing 190.

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 03:25
well, ive never heard of a gt3 doing 190.

You've also never heard of a GT3 specification race at LeMans, either.

yusupov
29-09-2015, 03:29
no, and i have no idea what youre talking about...

Remy1986
29-09-2015, 03:30
No.

Damn. Was hoping to see the Gulf AMR colors make an appearance.

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 03:34
no, and i have no idea what youre talking about...

You can't make a comparison without comparable data.
"Well car can't go as fast as X car because I only heard about X car going Y fast" isn't a comparison.

People have already researched this and found GT3 cars to be lapping often within a second of GTE cars with significantly less efficient aero packages. You can visibly see in series that run GT3 or GT3-based cars with GTE's that the GT3 based cars can reach very similar top speeds and that most of the lapping done by GTE cars is down into or out of medium or slow corners.

Edit: Mike Hedlund and some other drivers on twitter have even asked to run GT3 specification cars in direct comparison to GTE cars. In fact - there's a few PWC GT3 drivers who are extremely skeptical of the 'superiority' of GTE/GTLM cars.

MillsLayne
29-09-2015, 03:35
Can you run races on the various layouts of the test track?

TheReaper GT
29-09-2015, 03:36
Can you run races on the various layouts of the test track?

yep, but some people are reporting some problems. Didn't test it yet.

yusupov
29-09-2015, 03:38
You can't make a comparison without comparable data.
"Well car can't go as fast as X car because I only heard about X car going Y fast" isn't a comparison.

People have already researched this and found GT3 cars to be lapping often within a second of GTE cars with significantly less efficient aero packages. You can visibly see in series that run GT3 or GT3-based cars with GTE's that the GT3 based cars can reach very similar top speeds and that most of the lapping done by GTE cars is down into or out of medium or slow corners.

they run at paul ricard & monza, so there is high speed track data. that said i admit i am speaking purely from my experience in sims, but GT3 cars aero does seem inferior, not just in terms of cornering speed but they are drag limited much more quickly than GTE cars. maybe thats changed in the past year & its not yet reflected in most sims.

wyldanimal
29-09-2015, 03:44

Strange decision

Not Yet Available in North America. Just Looked again at 11:45pm EST - not on the PSN store yet.

But I agree 100%, why have a Test Track for Tuning, and No Pit to exit to...
this would be Perfect:

Tune, Test, exit to Pit, Tune, Test, exit to Pit, Tune, test...

But NO, you have to tune Test, Quit the Track.., Tune, Reload the Track...

Scratching my head???

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 03:48
they run at paul ricard & monza, so there is high speed track data. that said i admit i am speaking purely from my experience in sims, but GT3 cars aero does seem inferior, not just in terms of cornering speed but they are drag limited much more quickly than GTE cars. maybe thats changed in the past year & its not yet reflected in most sims.

Out of curiousity do you have the timing sheets of the WEC Paul Ricard and Blancpain Paul Ricard tests handy?

I'm speaking purely from my experience watching and studying actual race cars, and talking to the people who drive them as well as relying on data.

Edit:

Not Yet Available in North America. Just Looked again at 11:45pm EST - not on the PSN store yet.

But I agree 100%, why have a Test Track for Tuning, and No Pit to exit to...
this would be Perfect:

Tune, Test, exit to Pit, Tune, Test, exit to Pit, Tune, test...

But NO, you have to tune Test, Quit the Track.., Tune, Reload the Track...

Scratching my head???

You can return to pitbox at any time via teleporting back to pitbox from the pause menu.

TheReaper GT
29-09-2015, 03:51
Out of curiousity do you have the timing sheets of the WEC Paul Ricard and Blancpain Paul Ricard tests handy?

I'm speaking purely from my experience watching and studying actual race cars, and talking to the people who drive them as well as relying on data.

Edit:

You can return to pitbox at any time via teleporting back to pitbox from the pause menu.

No you can't, but instead of quit and reload, you can just restart the session.

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 03:53
No you can't, but instead of quit and reload, you can just restart the session.

Works the same, I guess.

TheReaper GT
29-09-2015, 03:54
Works the same, I guess.

Nope, different things, don't be an smart ass

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 04:00
Nope, different things, don't be an smart ass

*a.

MillsLayne
29-09-2015, 04:01
It's up for download! Along with the new liveries pack and free car #4.

TheReaper GT
29-09-2015, 04:05
It's up for download! Along with the new liveries pack and free car #4.

Confirmed :D

Black_Gold_Saw
29-09-2015, 04:12
Just drive it, super grip is real. So sticky u make up time in cornering.
Insanely sticky

Invincible
29-09-2015, 04:55
I frikkin' love that Aston GTE! It just feels planted. And it can easily make up for the slower acceleration by carrying more speed out off the corners! Awesome job SMS.

Having a blast with the Aston Lmp1 too!

But I noticed a problem with the Mojave track. In the banked circle, when you drive near the outer armco, you suddenly loose massive speed in some parts of the track and skid inwards. Telemetry is going crazy too then.

Azure Flare
29-09-2015, 05:29
I think the Logitech liveries are a better deal than buying either a G920 or G29.

Neil Bateman
29-09-2015, 06:23
I frikkin' love that Aston GTE! It just feels planted. And it can easily make up for the slower acceleration by carrying more speed out off the corners! Awesome job SMS.

Having a blast with the Aston Lmp1 too!

But I noticed a problem with the Mojave track. In the banked circle, when you drive near the outer armco, you suddenly loose massive speed in some parts of the track and skid inwards. Telemetry is going crazy too then.

I also mentioned about the oval banking, hope we get an answer on this.

m355y
29-09-2015, 06:53
At work so will download this tonight. No Gulf livery on the DBR1-2 though? :(

yusupov
29-09-2015, 07:12

Edit:

blancpain times are easy enough to find, but WEC didnt race at paul ricard. but what data are you talking about?

here is a factoid from 2014: 291,11 km/h : highest top speed of the season, set by Alex Buncombe (#80 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN) during Free Practice at Paul Ricard

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/news/316/2014-blancpain-endurance-series-proves-to-be-a-grand-cru

and thats obviously going to be with a draft, but i dont know how much things have changed in the past year.

Mascot
29-09-2015, 07:20
No lapping the oval? No online use?

The more I hear about this test track the more air is released from my hype balloon.

Roll on McTrack...

dodge33cymru
29-09-2015, 07:26
WEC Paul Ricard: http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/00_PAUL%20RICARD/76_FIA%20WEC/201503281410_Overall/90_Classification_Overall.PDF

Ian Bell
29-09-2015, 07:44
No lapping the oval? No online use?

The more I hear about this test track the more air is released from my hype balloon.

Roll on McTrack...

The track is free really guys. We'd be charging the cover price for the cars only. We put the track out there as we enjoy just going for a blat on it internally and thought it would be nice to share. It didn't really fit organically into any of the upcoming DLC packs so we put it here.

hitmanvega
29-09-2015, 07:57
Im happy with dlc...;) No complaints...!!:cool:

KimKom
29-09-2015, 08:09
GTE is governed by ACO so it's really French, and it is essentially what GT2 is called these days.
It's 468 bhp at sea level with the restrictor fully open. 600 bhp is what the engine would push out without any restrictors. The 458 GTE/GT2 is also around 460-470 bhp, the new Z4 GTE somewhere in the 480 bhp region, etc. GTE cars generally are lower power than GT3 cars, but have much better aero efficiency, as well as being lighter. Even with the power disadvantage the Aston GTE can still rack up top speeds around the same levels as the GT3 cars (though it takes a bit longer to get there on a straight up blast), and it's significantly quicker in the corners (compared to the GT3 Aston a quick test showed the difference to be about 1.67 G vs. 1.57 G at around 170 km/h).

Nice one Jussi, thanks for the explanation.

Gopher04
29-09-2015, 08:10
@Ian, do you not think it would more appreciated getting custom liveries working for MP, than asking people to pay for extra liveries? or is this function just not going to happen.

KimKom
29-09-2015, 08:14
The track is free really guys. We'd be charging the cover price for the cars only. We put the track out there as we enjoy just going for a blat on it internally and thought it would be nice to share. It didn't really fit organically into any of the upcoming DLC packs so we put it here.

It's the same price as the Audi Ruapuna Speedway Expansion Pack.

Cheesenium
29-09-2015, 08:22
@Ian, do you not think it would more appreciated getting custom liveries working for MP, than asking people to pay for extra liveries? or is this function just not going to happen.

The Logitech DLC are optional.

They were supposed to be part the Logitech promotion that gave these livery for free. Now, they just list it on the store for sale for anyone who wants them. You do not need to own them to enjoy the game.

The liveries are quite pricey IMO.

KubikOssi
29-09-2015, 08:22
paying for an handfull of Logitech liveries? nope

Xionax
29-09-2015, 08:23
Which classes are these cars?

Whiteley.m
29-09-2015, 08:34
Does anybody have a list of the liveries for each car and in the new livery packs? Surely if the Gulf liveries aren't possible they could still have the 'Hanergy' and Dark Blue Craft/Bamboo Vantage GTE ones? I'd also like to see the 'Musclemilk' and Mark VDS LMP1 liveries in game too as I think it would add to the authenticity quite a lot.

FR-Alan
29-09-2015, 08:37
Hi can we exactly know what's inside that pack ? :
Name (class) I Available for Solo/career ? I Available for online ?
Cars :Aston xxx(LMP1) I YES I YES
Cars :Aston xxx (GT3) I YES I YES
Track : Mojave I YES I NO
Liveries :xxxxxx I YES I NO

Regards

Paulo Ribeiro
29-09-2015, 08:37
I have a G25 and a G27 wheels, therefore I want logitech liveries for free.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16000000/LOL-Cats-lol-cats-16077043-499-297.jpg

Damn, I have to wait untill the end of the day to get and enjoy my DLC's. :p

Ian Bell
29-09-2015, 08:42

I didn't agree with that going out at a price. I'll leave that there.

KimKom
29-09-2015, 08:48
Thanks for your honesty Ian.

I really hope that the future of pCARS is going to be more than this type of dlc.

Can you tell us what's happening with the custom championship yet?

yusupov
29-09-2015, 08:49
It's the same price as the Audi Ruapuna Speedway Expansion Pack.

thats a very good point!

weerufus
29-09-2015, 09:14
Ive only had a quick shot, little bit of free roam, then a few few practice laps round Boa Ascent?(one that looks a little like Knockhill....on the map at least!?!) then a short 6lap race - I even had Stephen Viljoen's AI for company :)

All done in my favourite car, the RUF rgt8, 10/10, absolutely loved it at 1st impression, seems a fantastic add-on, well done to everybody involved

Tomcul
29-09-2015, 09:21
Downloaded and ready to play.. Just have to go to work for the day before I can sample...��

balderz002
29-09-2015, 09:23
At work so will download this tonight. No Gulf livery on the DBR1-2 though? :(

Negative ghost rider. Same with the GTE. Only come with fictional skins...... arh well.

Schadows
29-09-2015, 09:28
The track is free really guys. We'd be charging the cover price for the cars only. We put the track out there as we enjoy just going for a blat on it internally and thought it would be nice to share. It didn't really fit organically into any of the upcoming DLC packs so we put it here.In that case, I think it would have made been bette to distribute it freely (separate from the paid dlc).
In my case I don't really care since it seems this DLC will be offered to wmd members, and I plan to buy every (non-livery) dlc, but I think it would have sent an even more positive message to the community than what the affordable prices are already sending.

flymar
29-09-2015, 09:48
thats a very good point!
Why?

RoccoTTS
29-09-2015, 09:57
I've tried the new Mojave Boa Ascent track and i like it very much. The reason why i like it it's because it's something different from what i've seen in other games for the last couple of years.
It's challenging and it has a lot of elevation and nice turns. And this is only 1 variation i've tried.
Message to SMS : good job !!
Message to everyone who don't like the new track before you try it : give it a change, it's worth it !!

IJerichoI
29-09-2015, 09:57
I believe the Gulf liveries had to be left out due to licencing issues. Same with the Ford GT40, where a fictional Gulf-reassembling livery had to be removed.

It's a bummer, though.

Akra
29-09-2015, 09:59
Does this new Aston Martin DLC integrate onto the career mode properly? As race-able cars?

IJerichoI
29-09-2015, 10:04
Well, they implemented code with one of the last patches to support this, and all other DLC went into the career too, so I assume yes.

Infey
29-09-2015, 10:12
Truth be told.
The cars are not disappointing me at all.
As for the track...it looks sick.As in positively good.
Especially with the setting sun in the background.
Combine this with the "olde" Aston Martin and kick back y'r chair and enjoy the visual and audio porn.
Quite love it.
Just cruising with that oldie on that track <3

Mascot
29-09-2015, 10:31

I race in a private lobby with 20+ members and we've been pretty excited about upcoming track DLC. We were kind of expecting McTrack instead of the test track (mixed messages in promotion, or maybe we are just stupid) but having an extra circuit, any extra circuit (even after our disappointment with Ruapuna) was still exciting. Only today did we find out that you can't even race online with it, which - let's be perfectly honest - isn't an unreasonable assumption to make based on ALL the other tracks in the game. Couldn't the fact that it's offline-only have been revealed earlier? And can I ask WHY it's not open to online racing? I'm guessing it's because the cutting penalties would be a PITA, or because there would need to be several pit lanes - but why not have it as a 'fun' online location at least? Seems like a curious decision to release it with such limits in place.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 10:37

I agree with Schadows. I think it would've been a home run for you guys to release the track alone for free, than lump it in with the Astons. The premise of On Demand is you can get what you want and nothing you don't right? It just doesn't feel that way with this. I'm not gonna go into the logistics of buying individual cars out of packs and such, but this DLC was marketed as a track expansion and I think that was a bit of an optimistic pitch. It also was never said in all the PR that the track was free, that's something your marketing people should probably be in the know about

Alot of people aren't here in the forum to see you say that. And it would only make SMS look better to say a track is included free. Even better to just patch it in so EVERYONE can enjoy it without paying. Otherwise it ISN'T actually free Ian. Just sayin

Also, not having ANY online playability and not having a garage to more easily tune the cars at Test Track seems like an odd choice. I wont be getting this pack so its not a big deal for me, and it seems people are enjoying it for one reason or another but, the whole thing feels kinda weird to me. Might just be me

mister dog
29-09-2015, 10:50
Tried the 3 new cars yesterday, nice additions. I also think the pricing has been very good so far, couple of cars = only a couple of bucks.
The steering wheel on that DBR1/LMP1 is quite impressive with the red leds, especially when you cycle through the motec display.

KimKom
29-09-2015, 10:56
Why?

@Flymar,

You don't think that we are now being told the Mojave track is a 'freebie', while at the same time the Aston Martin Track Expansion is exactly the same price as the Audi Ruapuna Speedway Expansion is a good point?

By the sounds of it, the Ruapuna pack also comes with several more features.

Sessionerror
29-09-2015, 10:57
I'm looking forward to test the track and the cars this evening! :)

However, one of the members in our german community found some bugs on the test track. Like already mentioned from other members, you don't seem to be able to drive near the outer armco on the oval. Also, there seem to be some textures hovering over the ground. For both, see video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptpFVHonfy4

Raven403
29-09-2015, 10:58
@Flymar,

You don't think that we are now being told the Mojave track is a 'freebie', while at the same time the Aston Martin Track Expansion is exactly the same price as the Audi Ruapuna Speedway Expansion is a good point?

And you can use Ruapuna online to boot.

KimKom
29-09-2015, 11:02
Also, not having ANY online playability and not having a garage to more easily tune the cars at Test Track seems like an odd choice.

@Raven

I agree with pretty much all of your post.

Honestly, I don't think there has been a design choice made here. More a case of just pushing out more dlc.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 11:11
@Raven

I agree with pretty much all of your post.

Honestly, I don't think there has been a design choice made here. More a case of just pushing out more dlc.

I really do hate to be THAT guy, but this all goes to how I feel about the game so far. It feels chaotic, without direction. It just feels thrown together and that worries me, but then Ian basically admitted it WAS thrown in just because they didnt know what else to do with it. Im sorry but it really doesnt look good to me.

Test Track has a bunch of layouts and features right, and you didnt know what DLC to group it with? So you grouped it in a pack of Aston Martins and marketed it as a Track expansion. Why not realease it as a FREE DLC, so EVERYONE can enjoy this really fun feature as you say instead of making people pay a cover for stuff they may not want. And then to come in here and say "Oh well yeah it is actually free guys, you just have to pay for the cars" is the exact same thing as saying "Well its free, except its not" Come on guys, use a little bit of common sense when your planning this stuff with marketing, for me, it sends the exact wrong message.

Im sure I'll get crucified for saying anything about it, and Im sure people have no problem paying 5 bucks for all the stuff you get, I get it. All I can do besides moan on here is vote with my wallet and thats what im doing. If I could get JUST the LOLA Aston and nothing else out of this pack I'd do it, but since I cant, I wont. Keep up the hard work SMS I know the future is bright.

KimKom
29-09-2015, 11:15
@ Raven:
+1 for posting your honest opinion :yes:

flymar
29-09-2015, 11:17
@Flymar,

We don't know how many man hours went into preparing each of the included cars in both DLCs, how many work around licencing and so on...
TBH this kind of discussion around 4EUR content feels a bit childish for me:)

Bkim
29-09-2015, 11:17
Im willing to pay for good content and so far as i can see, this DLC is worth buying. But without the main game being completed (still feels like a early beta) and it is no use for racing endurance races, i won't buy any DLC. I supported SMS by buying the main game. I hoped by now, the game would be out of its beta status...

Racer Pro
29-09-2015, 11:20

Raven403
29-09-2015, 11:21
We don't know how many man hours went into preparing each of the included cars in both DLCs, how many work around licencing and so on...

Believe me, I dont enjoy arguing about something that cost 5 bucks. But for me its not about the money, its about presentation. Yes the DLCs are cheap, I wont say anything else about it, I could go on and on but thats dumb to do and I get your point. Like i said, all i can do is vote with my wallet and thats where Im at. Sorry for bein a downer.

In the end your getting the Astons which I know the vehicle and physics guys put alot of work into and they look and sound great. Top work on them! and I guess you get the Test track as a freebie so, nice work.

Racer Pro
29-09-2015, 11:24

KimKom
29-09-2015, 11:31

For me, it's nothing to do with the cost of the delivery, more about maintaining or improving upon the quality already delivered.

NemethR
29-09-2015, 11:32

Ok, that is fine, yet shouldn't we get a track expansion this month?
I mean if you "just put it there because it did not fit enywhere", shouldn't there be a track that was PLANNED to be there too? :)

Yet to be honest: The DBR1 Astons are bot very-very nice cars, those 2 are worth the 5.49EUR alone!
The test track is nice to drive on, but it is not suitable for proper racing. Its way too dangerous for racing :D

ps.: Nice to see you back on the forum Ian!

KimKom
29-09-2015, 11:36
ps.: Nice to see you back on the forum Ian!

He was back. I think I scared him off with the 'custom championships' question :D

Pink_650S
29-09-2015, 11:37
And you can use Ruapuna online to boot.

You cant use the new track online?

wombat666
29-09-2015, 11:39
No one is forcing you to buy anything.
The cost is minimal and as far as I'm concerned I will cheerfully spend a few devalued Aussie $ to keep supporting the project.
Now kindly cease the whinging.
:mad:

Raven403
29-09-2015, 11:40
I race in a private lobby with 20+ members and we've been pretty excited about upcoming track DLC. We were kind of expecting McTrack instead of the test track (mixed messages in promotion, or maybe we are just stupid) but having an extra circuit, any extra circuit (even after our disappointment with Ruapuna) was still exciting. Only today did we find out that you can't even race online with it, which - let's be perfectly honest - isn't an unreasonable assumption to make based on ALL the other tracks in the game. Couldn't the fact that it's offline-only have been revealed earlier? And can I ask WHY it's not open to online racing? I'm guessing it's because the cutting penalties would be a PITA, or because there would need to be several pit lanes - but why not have it as a 'fun' online location at least? Seems like a curious decision to release it with such limits in place.

See above Pink

flymar
29-09-2015, 11:42
Believe me, I dont enjoy arguing about something that cost 5 bucks. But for me its not about the money, its about presentation. Yes the DLCs are cheap, I wont say anything else about it, I could go on and on but thats dumb to do and I get your point. Like i said, all i can do is vote with my wallet and thats where Im at. Sorry for bein a downer.
I'm quite sure SMS/Bamco knows what they are doing in terms of marketing. And I'm under impression we are "overthinking" it:)

On completely different matter: I wonder if SMS has the knowledge about how many Steam users put the game/DLCs on their wishlist (dunno if there's equivalent on consoles side).

Synner40
29-09-2015, 11:44

I got the livery pack when I got my wheel. it's nice. I like the Genetta one as she'll as the GT4 M3 one. I think it has like 6-7 liveries spread out among 7 cars. could be worng.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 11:45
I'm quite sure SMS/Bamco knows what they are doing in terms of marketing. And I'm under impression we are "overthinking" it:)

On completely different matter: I wonder if SMS has the knowledge about how many Steam users put the game/DLCs on their wishlist (dunno if there's equivalent on consoles side).

Agree to disagree on that.

I'm not sure, I don't think the Xbox store does if it does I haven't noticed it so I could be wrong

Synner40
29-09-2015, 11:58
Also fr people looking for it o the PSN Store (North America) it won't update till around 2/4 pm EST.as it does every Tuesday......

KimKom
29-09-2015, 11:59
In the end your getting the Astons which I know the vehicle and physics guys put alot of work into and they look and sound great

Agree. Once again the cars are the stars.

I hope the track designers are lining up a pass though! ;)

maxpainpayne
29-09-2015, 12:00
Correct me if I'm wrong, did I just read about a track being actually free, that is included in a paid dlc pack marketed and priced as a track expansion from the head of studio of SMS?
This just doesn't add up to me; please explain, what am I missing here? If I am wrong, where can I go to download the free track?

IJerichoI
29-09-2015, 12:03
Agree. Once again the cars are the stars.

I hope the track designers are lining up a pass though! ;)

I'm sure they will with the historic ones! Can't wait to try the DBR-1, and the DBR1-2 (I've seen this one in action at LeMans this year - damn what a hell of a ride!)

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:03
Correct me if I'm wrong, did I just read about a track being actually free, that is included in a paid dlc pack marketed and priced as a track expansion from the head of studio of SMS?
This just doesn't add up to me; please explain, what am I missing here? If I am wrong, where can I go to download the free track?

Although it was worded poorly by the Head of Studio. It's not FREE, it's a freebie for people who buy the dlc. Even tho the dlc is the same price as Ruapuna...

Whether or not it should've been a free standalone is another discussion

Yorkie065
29-09-2015, 12:10

That's how I read it and I am too a little confused.

I'm going to step away from the naming of it a 'Track Expansion' as I feel and believe that this is actually known as the 'Aston Martin Expansion' (for obvious reasons). And as far as I am aware, in this Aston Martin DLC, we have the 3 Astons, and the Test Track? We get the free car at the same time (the old Merc) but this does not require the Aston DLC to be able to play with this car. But as far as I am aware, you NEED to have the Aston DLC in order to drive on the Test Track, which to me would mean that the track is not free as I am still having to part with a small fee in order to play on it. Either that, or the track is actually in the game and playable without the Aston DLC, which yeah, would mean that it is free. It doesn't seem to be overly clear at the moment and confirmation would be great.

Edit: Ninja'd by Raven which does help answer some questions.

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 12:10
blancpain times are easy enough to find, but WEC didnt race at paul ricard. but what data are you talking about?

here is a factoid from 2014: 291,11 km/h : highest top speed of the season, set by Alex Buncombe (#80 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN) during Free Practice at Paul Ricard

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/news/316/2014-blancpain-endurance-series-proves-to-be-a-grand-cru

and thats obviously going to be with a draft, but i dont know how much things have changed in the past year.

....You do know that both BES and WEC holds a test day at Paul Ricard right, and that you yourself said there was comparable data?

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/05_2015/00_PAUL%20RICARD/76_FIA%20WEC/201503281410_Overall/90_Classification_Overall.PDF
http://www.racingsportscars.com/results/laps/Paul_Ricard-2015-03-12.html

The GT3 cars were capable of lapping over a second faster than the GTE cars, and were certainly on par throughout.

Using comparable data with the same running conditions (test day) the GTE cars are in no way, superior.

foxy2020
29-09-2015, 12:11
i'd be more confident buying this pack were it not for the fact liveries pack 1 just got corrupted and i had to delete and remove the modified pack i paid for due to it never installing and causing my frame rate issues and general game crashes and problems...
But its alright i'm just a customer so get treated with disdain and abuse from the loyalists...

Ian Bell
29-09-2015, 12:12
In that case, I think it would have made been bette to distribute it freely (separate from the paid dlc).
In my case I don't really care since it seems this DLC will be offered to wmd members, and I plan to buy every (non-livery) dlc, but I think it would have sent an even more positive message to the community than what the affordable prices are already sending.

That's not possible. This ties into my comment on the liveries, but we can't release 'free' DLC'. It's a first party thing.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:14
That's not possible. This ties into my comment on the liveries, but we can't release 'free' DLC'. It's a first party thing.

Ok now I'm confused. I know other games have released free DLC

foxy2020
29-09-2015, 12:14
That's how I read it and I am too a little confused.

I'm going to step away from the naming of it a 'Track Expansion' as I feel and believe that this is actually known as the 'Aston Martin Expansion' (for obvious reasons). And as far as I am aware, in this Aston Martin DLC, we have the 3 Astons, and the Test Track? We get the free car at the same time (the old Merc) but this does not require the Aston DLC to be able to play with this car. But as far as I am aware, you NEED to have the Aston DLC in order to drive on the Test Track, which to me would mean that the track is not free as I am still having to part with a small fee in order to play on it. Either that, or the track is actually in the game and playable without the Aston DLC, which yeah, would mean that it is free. It doesn't seem to be overly clear at the moment and confirmation would be great.

Edit: Ninja'd by Raven which does help answer some questions.

Kind of rubbish that EA would come out with... they along with Codemasters are the masters of this... I suppose whenever someone comes into an industry and promising they are going to offer 'a different way of doing things.." it doesn't take long to follow the same old path.....

KimKom
29-09-2015, 12:15
I'm gonna leave it there fellas, I've pretty much said my piece on the matter.

My final thought...

I really hope we see some significant improvements, fixes and expansions to the core game itself, not just a train of dlc.

I'll continue to support the project as long as I feel that the dlc is worth it, but I would like to see the revenue gained from these packs re-invested in fixing and expanding the game itself.

Ian Bell
29-09-2015, 12:15
Ok now I'm confused. I know other games have released free DLC

Bully for them. I'm told we can't.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:16

Ooook then

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:18
I'm gonna leave it there fellas, I've pretty much said my piece on the matter.

My final thought...

I really hope we see some significant improvements, fixes and expansions to the core game itself, not just a train of dlc.

I'll continue to support the project as long as I feel that the dlc is worth it, but I would like to see the revenue gained from these packs re-invested in fixing and expanding the game itself.

Like "All proceeds from this dlc will go directly into getting the Chevrolet license." Thanks :cool:

deadly
29-09-2015, 12:20
Bought the DLC yesterday night. One question: Is the September free car already within this pack or not?

Ian Bell
29-09-2015, 12:20
Bought the DLC yesterday night. One question: Is the September free car already within this pack or not?

Yes, the Merc is free.

noobkill
29-09-2015, 12:21
Delete please :)

stangnutlx
29-09-2015, 12:21
What's the name of the giant circle portion of the track?

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 12:22
What's the name of the giant circle portion of the track?

Free Practice. ^^;

thebigb82
29-09-2015, 12:24
I like the new track, shame there isn't a pit lane, would of been nice to have long distance races there

Mascot
29-09-2015, 12:26
"Free laces! Free laces! Come and get your free laces..!"
- "Sounds great - I'd like some free laces please"
"No problem. Just buy these shoes and the laces are free"

/satire

AudioSlave92210
29-09-2015, 12:27

You can't release free dlc? How can you release the free cars so?
What a joke!!!

foxy2020
29-09-2015, 12:28

/satire

You sir...are good...very good..

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 12:29

/satire

What I'm sure Ian meant, to anyone rationally minded enough, is that the Test Track didn't fit into the DLC scheme and was enjoyable internally so they put it in with the Astons as a bit of an addition and marketed it as such.
The cars were the point of the pack. Getting the test track with them is a bit of a bonus.
Because they can't just release free DLC willy-nilly.

Edit: And the rest of everyone whinging like little bitty princesses, the Audi/Ruapuna expansion costed the same yes.
But that only had a few invitational events in the career mode. As AFAIK the E-Tron is not a contractable career car.
This expansion has invitational events AND career contracts making it more valuable in general to people who play career mode.

Pink_650S
29-09-2015, 12:33
Kind of disappointing.

ingrobny
29-09-2015, 12:34
Just for the record, i bought the Aston Martin DLC, but i did not buy the Logitech liveries DLC, because i don't need them and cars and tracks is more worth paying for, but i would consider to pay for real life liveries.

Thanks for the Aston Martin DLC and the free Mercedes Benz 300 SL :eagerness:

deadly
29-09-2015, 12:39
Yes, the Merc is free.

Thanks!

DozUK
29-09-2015, 12:40

But a car a month and liveries (Non Logitech) are free DLC?

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:44
What I'm sure Ian meant, to anyone rationally minded enough, is that the Test Track didn't fit into the DLC scheme and was enjoyable internally so they put it in with the Astons as a bit of an addition and marketed it as such.
The cars were the point of the pack. Getting the test track with them is a bit of a bonus.
Because they can't just release free DLC willy-nilly.

Edit: And the rest of everyone whinging like little bitty princesses, the Audi/Ruapuna expansion costed the same yes.
But that only had a few invitational events in the career mode. As AFAIK the E-Tron is not a contractable career car.
This expansion has invitational events AND career contracts making it more valuable in general to people who play career mode.

Hence the /satire.

Edit: And the rest of everyone whinging like little bitty princesses

Once again its gotta devolve into name calling.

AudioSlave92210
29-09-2015, 12:45

You mean Ian Bell lied to us?

NemethR
29-09-2015, 12:46

They are delivered with a paid DLC tough :)

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 12:48
Once again its gotta devolve into name calling.

This thread devolved a long, long time ago when a whole bunch of people in it forgot how capitalism worked.
But to be entirely fair, I didn't call anyone, anything. I said they were whinging like. Acting akin too.
Like when someone says you're acting stupid. They aren't calling you stupid. They are calling your actions stupid. Do you understand?

In anycase, it doesn't really matter. Please continue this senseless mobbery.

DozUK
29-09-2015, 12:49

They're still a separate DLC package, in context with the discussion the track could have been delivered the same way. Also, as pointed out, the track expansion is £4.49 the same as the Ruapuna one. If the track was free, the pack would be a car pack costing £2.89.

I'm not saying that it's bad value, just that the information we're being given doesn't stack up :)

flymar
29-09-2015, 12:49

Nicely done:D

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:50
This thread devolved a long, long time ago when a whole bunch of people in it forgot how capitalism worked.
But to be entirely fair, I didn't call anyone, anything. I said they were whinging like. Acting akin too.
Like when someone says you're acting stupid. They aren't calling you stupid. They are calling your actions stupid. Do you understand?

In anycase, it doesn't really matter. Please continue this senseless mobbery.

Whatever helps you sleep at night Shin.

You're right, it doesnt.

edit. Corrected by the unofficial spell checker

DozUK
29-09-2015, 12:51
Also, for clarification according to the DLC detail the cars can be used in career mode with brand new contracts and three new invitational's take you to Mojave

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 12:51
They're still a separate DLC package, in context with the discussion the track could have been delivered the same way. Also, as pointed out, the track expansion is £4.49 the same as the Ruapuna one. If the track was free, the pack would be a car pack costing £2.89.

I'm not saying that it's bad value, just that the information we're being given doesn't stack up :)

the Audi/Ruapuna expansion costed the same yes.

And

Whatever helps you sleep at night Shin.

Your right, it doesnt.

You're.
I don't sleep at night, I have chronic insomnia. I'm afraid the internet trolls under my bed will get me.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:52

Thats the aspect I was confused about as well.