PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars ''Serious Simulation''

openplay
28-09-2015, 19:25
Hello!

First of all,sorry if my english is bad..

I dont usually make any post,or topics if i dont like something,or like.
But this time,i just couldnt hold..

I feel like,is everyone blind!?

Im really thankfull to guys who are doing a good job,by making games.Its hard to make a game!
Design artist definately did their job very well.(and i feel like,design artists where doing all programmers work.)

Because if you are not blind,you will see how cars are handling here,its far away from simulator.
Come on!!! Its 2015 ((''2015''))
How come,game makers (programmers) cant make any better phisixs simulation,than game from 2003.
Yes ''Live for speed'' is game from 2003.Its 12 years.
Have someone done better,(except graphics)?NO!

Controlls:This game is not playable with keyboard,or keyboard + mouse..
Yes its better with proper steering wheel.
But 12 years ago there was no problems.

And btw,i dont understan why someone who plays car simulator need something like,''Auto braking'',''Steering Assists''.
Maybe soon there will be a button like''Auto race''.Oh yeah,press it and your car will drive automaticaly,trying to be first,Cool ha?(a proper sim)

You are selling this game as a car simulator?
This game Genres is: Sim racing
How can it be simulator??
''IGN'' and ''Gamespot'' claims that its super deep car simulator,not a game.(what?)

OK,it took me some time to make this,but you can clearly see (i hope) what is wrong with this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DVXbuSNjqU

How jumping cars are even possible in fully released ''car simulator''...
And you guys,want to make ''Project Cars 2''...
I have nothing against ''PCars 2''.But GOD DAMN,next time just call guys from ''Live for Speed''!!!
Or get a Professional programmers!
....or just,change genre to:arcade raceing.

I hope someone from makers,or producers will see this post.
Because people want a good next gen simulator.
And how can you not understand.If you will make extremely good simulator.
Gamers will remember you for years and will play it for years.
Example:''GTA'' if they make something,they make it good,and it last,years and years.

Thanks everyone for reading and understanding!

---------------------------------------------------
Update:

First of all i want to say,BIG Thanks to this forum Moderators and game Developers!
Thank you!,for listening to people opinions.Its a very good sign!

You could just deleate this topic and pretend like nothing is happening.
Im just saying,straight as it is.

Replys to some comments:
=============
( Jaroslav Turna:
no need to do changes to 1M setup ... as much donuts, as your tyres can take
VIDEO)

Thanks for showing your method.I have tried to do the same,no success...
My car is just going forward,no matter if my wheel is turned or no.
I would be glad if,jou could show me the same,without holding,brakes and acceleration pedal togather.
Just full acceleration and lock the wheel.(without changing any settings in tune)
=============
=============
(plakplak:
Increase Limited Slip Acceleration Lock in car setup and you will be able to do donuts in place.)

Your post is what matters here!But no one has even liked it..
I tried to make limited acceleration lock to 100%.And gues whats happend?
Happend exactly what ''plakplak'' sayed!
I was almoust gave up on this game,but good that i dont give up that easy.
Car is spinning as it should,now i can go and experiment drifting and what not.
Thank You Friend!!!:)
=============

Sure,i have seen other videos,where guys are traing to drift.
But for me,it looked kinda like,slipping in the corner,not drifting.
And how mutch settings you have to modify do be able to do somethig?
Tooo Mutch and kinda hiden setting...

Conclusion:
Its sure thing here are,alot of guys who are passioned about this project.
Yes i could post this problem somewhere else,where everyone would react more cooler.

But i think its more useful if,devs can see this and take some notes,for future projects.
I just dont want this to happen the same,as with ''Farcry4'',''Test drive unlimited 2''.
(things happening the same and even worse)

Basically what it needs to be done,this game must be,more user frendly.

Because i got really frustrated with all the setting and traing to figure out...
Before i got somewhere,as you can see.
I didnt even start bashing game,because of other bugs,like driveing out of pits throu a wall,ect.
(just pretended like i didnt see this)
But things just piled up..

Sorry if i hurt someones feelings,but thats just,my honest 2cents.

PS:
Wanted to see more regular road cars in this Project.It would be a Bomb!
Project Cars you have a good potential!
Make it more polished and Keep it up!!! <3

Once again,Thanks to''PLAKPLAK'' i will continue to explore this game!

Thanks everyone for reading,and have a good one!:)
========================================================

Final Update:
Hello once again!

First,a couple reply's to a comments:
--------------------------
''(Remco Van Dijk
It's 'physics overload' because with a controller or keyboard you can turn the wheels much faster
than realistically possible with a steering wheel or in a real car)''

No,its deffinately not,physics overload.(no overload in LFS.And many other games i asume.Its a really BAD BUG.)
If you are comparing a flying car,with real life. (Basically..yes,we should,because this game is advertized as sim)
And i think everyone here knows,the meaning of the word,SIMULATION.And its not necessary to describe it here.
Im not 100% sure what you were traing to say me.
But if you think that,if we were able to turn the weel as fast as in game,the car will fly in real life..?...(speach less for a moment..)
Then people would have invented a different engine,than jet engine,looong time ago.
''(marcdxn
Who on earth sits and throws the wheel left to right as fast as they can? no normal person does this they just go out and race
When racing on the track you don't sit doing donuts
And i stand by every other comment i have ever made... 'This game isn't meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse - at minimum buy a controller'
Ridiculous post imo, there are things in the game that need more work but its not anything you mentioned.)''

Im 100% agreeing with ''Jussi Karjalainen'' reply on this comment.

And i will add a bit:
First i was doing races,and discovered a wierd thing with steering,it just felt a bit wrong.After some time,i was experimenting with car.
Than suddenly,i felt like,my mouse battery died and i just did instant mouse test.Slide it from one side,to other.Bassicaly,mouse was working excelent.(game laged)
And i watched on the screen and noticed,car jumped..
If you think you have more serious problems with this game,why dont you notice developers about them,by makeing your thread,or describe them here in comments..
''(Jaroslav Turna
Do you use automatic gearbox? I wanted to ask sooner already. If so, then forget about donuts.
Also burnout is initiated without brake applied, the brake is applied after the tyres slip, simply to hold car in place.)''

As i told earlier,yes i did the same as you,the brakes are applied after tyres slips.
No difference,automatic or manual.

Ending:
Sorry if some of your comments was a bit cut of.I just think,this topic is allready too long..(and im traing to make it as short as posible..)

Yesterday i was messing with this game more.After tuneing,the BMW is now makeing proper donuts,no matter the gearbox and no need to apply brakes.It just spins nicely.

But still the steering is total mess..I was experimenting with it a bit more and discovered.
No matter how fast you turn the steering,the cars front will lift up.When you are slowly turning the wheel and near the lock,cars front will rise up.
Its like if you pressed hydroulics button,to rise your cars front,one side,or other.

About steering wheels.I dont think any steering wheel,will be able to cure this game,or any other.
And if i would consider getting a steering wheel,this is not that game,(at the moment)for witch i would do it.

I think,if there are options to play with keyboard,or a mouse.They should work.Atleast the same as LFS.
There is no excuse to start bashing people because they try to play with keyboards.Its 100% supported by game.

Its just rediculas.Maybe soon we will have do drive with our cars in the room,connect it to pc.And only that way,we will be able to enjoy ''Supermario''
Look honey,when i crank my handbrake,the Mario jumps!Yes,with keyboard i couldnt jump like that.

Now imagin you,connect your expencive logitech wheel and when you play,you get steering lag,like 1,2 seconds,but your wheel is supported.And there is no way to fix it.

So,if its supported,it should work properly!

I think i have already spend too much time for this game.
Was traing to play it yesterday.Plus searching different fixes,for other bugs,like lagging,jittering even thou fps is 70+ and whats not.
Found tons of other people strugling with it,full youtube,full forums..

And than again that steering.

Uninstalling it for now.

And i hope''Project Cars 2'' will be as good,as everyone wanted to be ''Project Cars 1''.,

Thanks everyone,for tuneing in!
Good Bye!:)

Oh!,And remember, 12 YEARS!!! :D:D

The End.

chig88
28-09-2015, 19:31
I read as far as "This game is not playable with keyboard,or keyboard + mouse.."

Your rights to claim that it isn't a sim should be revoked right there.

cluck
28-09-2015, 19:36
I'm sure the devs will pick up on your points and hire some professional programmers right away :yes:

(well, if you're gonna reply to a ridiculous post, you might as well be ridiculous in your reply)

Charger
28-09-2015, 19:40
I read as far as "This game is not playable with keyboard,or keyboard + mouse.."

I read up to that point as well and then I'm thinking if you want a simulator why use a keyboard lol, just because it doesn't do things right with a keyboard doesn't mean it's not right with a wheel, it's about as sim as you can get in my opinion.

The assists are there for newer players to be able to get around the track and actually race, the more you race the better you get and then you start taking the training wheels off, I for one have raced for years but I still use ABS and stability on some cars.

FS7
28-09-2015, 19:49

Agreed. There's this phrase, I think it came from one the the Forza developers: "trying to play a driving game with a keyboard is just as bad as trying to type with a steering wheel."

As for driving aids, they're a good thing because they make the game accessible to casual players, and the best part of driving aids is that they're optional, you have the choice of using realistic aids or simply turn them all off.

balderz002
28-09-2015, 19:54
"You may ask: Man what's your settings?"

Nope, I ask, man, why are you wasting your time doing donuts and burnouts in a racing sim?

Its a racing sim, not a dick about in cars sim.

plakplak
28-09-2015, 19:55
Increase Limited Slip Acceleration Lock in car setup and you will be able to do donuts in place.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
28-09-2015, 19:57
On BMW 1M donut point: What tyres were you using? The higher grip ones are indeed such high grip tyres that you'd run into trouble trying to donut them with a car that's not massively powerful. We're talking tyres with easily 30% more pure G potential than what the 1M would be supplied with normally.

Though in this point specifically you can clearly see what's happening in the video: There's not enough acceleration locking in the LSD. The diff is allowing the inside tyre to spin while the outside one isn't getting enough torque to break traction. Crack up some accel lock (or preload, or viscous lock) and you'll get proper donuts. The real 1M has an active diff where the locking effect can go really high when a lot of slip is detected, so to get that behavior you need quite a bit of acc lock (yeah, pCARS doesn't have proper active diffs, neither does any other sim so far). With enough accel locking and the suitable tyres you can easily do "proper" donuts.

I do definitely think that the default setups on the road cars aren't great, and (most of them at least) specifically are not representative of the OEM settings on the cars. This is why I spent so much time trying to make setups that are closer to the OEM ones.

The car popping a wheelie when waggling the steering is indeed an odd bug, one I've neither seen nor heard of before. Great catch on that. Wonder if it's the collision system going apeshit. Thankfully that never crops up when feeding the game anything resembling a realistic input on, so it's not a game breaker. Still, it's odd enough that I hope they take a look at it, at least to see if it could have an effect elsewhere. Though I did try to replicate it (same car, same track), I recalibrated my wheel so that I only had a couple of degrees of play so I went instantly from lock to lock no matter what I did, and no matter how I tried I couldn't get it to do anything like shown on your video. It behaved exactly like LFS did in the video. I don't know what happened on your end to cause it. =/

All sims have bugs in them, I've had LFS (and every other sim since IndyCar Racing in 1993) spaz out at me when the conditions have been suitable. And pCARS isn't perfect by any means, but a few bugs and bad default setups do not in any way mean it isn't an in-depth simulation.

openplay
28-09-2015, 19:58

Than you missed two lines:

FS7
28-09-2015, 20:01
Nope, I ask, man, why are you wasting your time doing donuts and burnouts in a racing sim?
Maybe he watched Vettel do donuts in India and do a 360 at Hungaroring in the middle of a wet race and thought that's how real champions drive.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 20:02

But 12 years ago

12 years ago

12 years ago

no problems.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/51423713.jpg

chig88
28-09-2015, 20:04
Than you missed two lines:

If it's better with a wheel (surely the way it's meant to be played) then what's the problem with not being able to play with a keyboard?

And, what's 12 years ago got to do with anything? No point building an entire argument around 'Live for Speed' - it's a different game mate (and a far less advanced/complex one at that).

LuckyMic
28-09-2015, 20:04
Funny video :-)

openplay
28-09-2015, 20:09
Jussi Karjalainen:
Thanks for a good reply!
Yes there are alot off settings to be done,to get a decent driving.

Charger
28-09-2015, 20:10
Why do people put up you tube videos and not allow comments, that is just their point of view, I am sure if the comments were allowed they would find a lot of people disagree with them.

Who cares about donuts and burnouts? and you aren't really going to drive down the straight wiggling your wheels full left to right as you will be in the dirt lol.

Roger Prynne
28-09-2015, 20:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMxWlSSZCLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAM1PlAYH8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PECH3M9hzuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqCwbzHY4yM

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 20:12
Why do people put up you tube videos and not allow comments, that is just their point of view,

I am sure if the comments were allowed they would find a lot of people disagree with them.

I love when people answer their own questions.

Charger
28-09-2015, 20:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMxWlSSZCLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAM1PlAYH8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PECH3M9hzuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqCwbzHY4yM

Haha, nice one Roger, maybe you need a wheel to do donuts then lol.

MAARTEN
28-09-2015, 20:13
I understand that you think it's a shame you can't drive a simulator with a keyboard. I often see racedrivers out there in real life that hook up their Logitech keyboards and race their cars on the tracks so why shouldn't it be possible in this game ;)
I think you should stay with games like GTA or Need for Speed Underground.

Charger
28-09-2015, 20:13
I love when people answer their own questions.

I love it when people really have nothing to say at all ;)

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 20:14
I love it when people really have nothing to say at all ;)

Nothing is always still something ^^;

Love you too, babe <3

Charger
28-09-2015, 20:16
Nothing is always still something ^^;

Love you too, babe <3

Back at ya :love_heart:

Jaroslav Turna
28-09-2015, 20:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDnGARfhKAc

madmax2069
28-09-2015, 20:22

havocc
28-09-2015, 20:24
I understand that you think it's a shame you can't drive a simulator with a keyboard. I often see racedrivers out there in real life that hook up their Logitech keyboards and race their cars on the tracks so why shouldn't it be possible in this game ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDtwTqBwqwk

openplay
28-09-2015, 20:36
Why do people put up you tube videos and not allow comments, that is just their point of view, I am sure if the comments were allowed they would find a lot of people disagree with them.

Who cares about donuts and burnouts? and you aren't really going to drive down the straight wiggling your wheels full left to right as you will be in the dirt lol.

I care about donuts And burnouts!

And dont be BLIND!!!!!
Comments was allowed and is allowed,deamn...

Liquid7394
28-09-2015, 21:08
And btw,i dont understan why someone who plays car simulator need something like,''Auto braking'',''Steering Assists''.
Maybe soon there will be a button like''Auto race''.Oh yeah,press it and your car will drive automaticaly,trying to be first,Cool ha?(a proper sim)
Have you ever considered that people with disabilities might need those features to make the game playable for them?

John Hargreaves
28-09-2015, 21:17

I believe we already have that feature; while driving with your keyboard press Esc and then use your arrow keys to select 'simulate remainder of session'. Bingo bango, you don't even have to operate the car at all, the computer does it for you. You're totally right though, there is obviously no way in the world they will ever invent a car that can drive itself round a track.

Shinzah
28-09-2015, 21:19
I believe we already have that feature; while driving with your keyboard press Esc and then use your arrow keys to select 'simulate remainder of session'. Bingo bango, you don't even have to operate the car at all, the computer does it for you. You're totally right though, there is obviously no way in the world they will ever invent a car that can drive itself round a track.

Yeah.

Totally no way.

http://www.automotiveitnews.org/articles/699859/sam-2-0-enables-quadriplegic-race-car-driver-sam-s/

Liquid7394
28-09-2015, 21:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsnKzK6dX8Q

Haiden
28-09-2015, 21:46
I care about donuts And burnouts!

And dont be BLIND!!!!!

Your fourth post, and you're already dropping wisdom on us peasants.

Question... Are you blind, or did you just miss the acceleration slip settings in the tune setup?

openplay
28-09-2015, 22:03
Your fourth post, and you're already dropping wisdom on us peasants.

Question... Are you blind, or did you just miss the acceleration slip settings in the tune setup?

Sadly,i didnt...

Cheesenium
28-09-2015, 22:27
What the fish did I just read?

Other than codemaster games, I don't think game developers has implemented any keyboard support in the past 5 or so years. At least Pcars still could be played with keyboard, I know there are games that can't even change to keyboard controls when you have no wheel or gamepads plugged in.

At this time and age, a PC gamer should have at least a gamepads for any games that involves car driving. There are even open world games that I had to use gamepads to drive because the keyboard bindings are so awful,. I am looking at you, Borderlands 2.

konnos
28-09-2015, 22:55
Exactly how is this not a sim? You can't do donuts?... I can just fine. So what's your actual point now?

With a clutch, it would be easier to do donuts, but even without (I don't have one) donuts are possible, even with the 1M which is not such a strong car compared to the other monsters in this game. Again, if you re not fishing for youtube views, I have no idea what you re trying to argue here.

Charger
29-09-2015, 00:37
Again, if you're not fishing for youtube views, I have no idea what you're trying to argue here.

Hit the nail on the head!!!

Gravit8
29-09-2015, 02:14
Ok. That's kinda funny. And worth watching.
Good bug recording.

Kinda think they could use that for a lowrider edition.

Add some monte Carlos as dlc and make a fortune. Project cars two funded. Bam.

Edit: don't skip it. It's worth it for the visual dancing car at least.

R74NN
29-09-2015, 08:22
Instead of repeated keyboard driving comments, can actually anyone comment on that car jumping when turning the wheel rapidly? It intrigued me. :)

maurice-pascale
29-09-2015, 08:37
Ohh i hate this people, who cant live with someone who post a negative post for the game and call it not a simulator.......i hate it that the fans on this forum cant be neutral and normal.......he posted a correct post about the game and all the fans get crazy just because he dont like it to be a sim!.....almost all of the guys didnt readed the full post and attack him like hell....

what a ugly forum....more and more just ugly people here.....and everytime WMD members join something like that........

this is a true FAN fanatic forum....where every little negativ thing gets attacked....

cluck
29-09-2015, 08:51
Ohh i hate this people, who cant live with someone who post a negative post for the game and call it not a simulator.......i hate it that the fans on this forum cant be neutral and normal.......he posted a correct post about the game and all the fans get crazy just because he dont like it to be a sim!.....almost all of the guys didnt readed the full post and attack him like hell....

what a ugly forum....more and more just ugly people here.....and everytime WMD members join something like that........

this is a true FAN fanatic forum....where every little negativ thing gets attacked....Say this in your first post on the forum :

Or get a Professional programmers!

and you will get the appropriate response IMHO.

Bealdor
29-09-2015, 08:59

this is a true FAN fanatic forum....where every little negativ thing gets attacked....

Sorry mate but the OP is not a correct/normal post.

At first he's insulting other members because the appear to be "blind" for not thinking the way he does.
Then he's complaining that there are assists ingame that help newbies to get into sim racing and indicates that this should not be in a "real" sim.
Then he's showing a video where he fails to do proper donuts and blames it on the game although it got proven wrong quickly (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39982-Project-Cars-Serious-Simulation&p=1132840&viewfull=1#post1132840).
Next he's exploiting the physics engine by turning the wheel at ridiculous speed. Of course it will glitch this way or another when doing such UNREALISTIC maneuvers.
Oh and last but not least, don't forget the compulsory developer insult by advising them to "get professional programmers" next time.

Do you really think this is the correct way to get your point across?

Sankyo
29-09-2015, 09:02
Instead of repeated keyboard driving comments, can actually anyone comment on that car jumping when turning the wheel rapidly? It intrigued me. :)
It's 'physics overload' because with a controller or keyboard you can turn the wheels much faster than realistically possible with a steering wheel or in a real car. It's one of those 'out-of-bounds' situations where the simulation breaks down because the input is beyond the reasonable (and realistic) range.

konnos
29-09-2015, 09:14

A negative post should be backed up by proof. There are plenty of threads complaining about one thing or the other, some are due to the players not understanding how it works, some are actual faults of the game and no one defends those. But this guy, his only claim in this video is that there is a bug with the rapid direction change. That's good, maybe they can do something about it now that is has been shown (if they don't already know about it anyway and don't think it's something significant). And the game is not a sim because it has bugs... ok yea, we're fanboys and can't take "negative" criticism...

TrevorAustin
29-09-2015, 09:30
Funniest post for months.

It's not a realistic sim because it doesn't work with keyboard:) lol, yes all the best real life cars drive with keyboards. What an utter ****

Paulo Ribeiro
29-09-2015, 09:32
And dont be BLIND!!!!!

If we are blind how can we be replying to the thread? :D

http://img.memecdn.com/you-are-so-funny_o_1805653.jpg

FMS
29-09-2015, 10:26
A serious sim, I would say, are things like those proper aircraft simulators, where you are sat in the cockpit and the whole thing is moving, etc. - all factors are covered to an extent. I don't think I would ever get up from having been sat in front of a screen or three and consider I have done anything other than just play a game - and that's ok. :)

29-09-2015, 11:13
Instead of repeated keyboard driving comments, can actually anyone comment on that car jumping when turning the wheel rapidly? It intrigued me. :)I did comment on it:
The car popping a wheelie when waggling the steering is indeed an odd bug, one I've neither seen nor heard of before. Great catch on that. Wonder if it's the collision system going apeshit. Thankfully that never crops up when feeding the game anything resembling a realistic input on, so it's not a game breaker. Still, it's odd enough that I hope they take a look at it, at least to see if it could have an effect elsewhere. Though I did try to replicate it (same car, same track), I recalibrated my wheel so that I only had a couple of degrees of play so I went instantly from lock to lock no matter what I did, and no matter how I tried I couldn't get it to do anything like shown on your video. It behaved exactly like LFS did in the video. I don't know what happened on your end to cause it. =/It really does require inputs that are supremely twitched out in themselves, and even then I couldn't replicate it on my end.

TwilightUA
29-09-2015, 12:41

I'm guessing you don't know what real "fan fanatic forum" is.
What I see here is some guys, who enjoy PCars, post their opinions to prove that OP is wrong (or right). Because it's a discussion tread.
If you can't stand when someone criticizes your opinion - internet is not for you. To be fair, social life is not for you either. This is life, this is how it works.

marcdxn
29-09-2015, 16:31
Who on earth sits and throws the wheel left to right as fast as they can? no normal person does this they just go out and race
When racing on the track you don't sit doing donuts
And i stand by every other comment i have ever made... 'This game isn't meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse - at minimum buy a controller'

Ridiculous post imo, there are things in the game that need more work but its not anything you mentioned.

John Hargreaves
29-09-2015, 21:36
I love these threads :rolleyes:

29-09-2015, 21:43
When racing on the track you don't sit doing donutsTo be fair though, how the tyre model and the rest of the physics responds to trying to do donuts can also be telling of many other things related to the driveline and tyre model, particularly the way grip behaves in high slip ratio situations, so it's definitely not a useless thing to test.

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 21:44
To be fair though, how the tyre model and the rest of the physics responds to trying to do donuts can also be telling of many other things related to the driveline and tyre model, particularly the way grip behaves in high slip ratio situations, so it's definitely not a useless thing to test.

Though it's definitely not a problem in Pcars. At least not with the example car given.

Jaroslav Turna
29-09-2015, 23:11
( Jaroslav Turna:
VIDEO)

Thanks for showing your method.I have tried to do the same,no success...
My car is just going forward,no matter if my wheel is turned or no.
I would be glad if,jou could show me the same,without holding,brakes and acceleration pedal togather.
Just full acceleration and lock the wheel.(without changing any settings in tune)

Do you use automatic gearbox? I wanted to ask sooner already. If so, then forget about donuts.
Also burnout is initiated without brake applied, the brake is applied after the tyres slip, simply to hold car in place (btw. that is the way it works in real life, no special trick for PCARS ... confirmed by myself this weekend - have to buy new tyres ... real trick is to find out the amount of brake to apply - so not possible with keyboard! as you need analogue input as in real life). But you need manual transmission for that as you need to get the engine into the revs and THEN into gear.

Ah ... and check you assists ... should be off or you should assign the keys to switch them off. Can't do donuts with ESP "ON" even in RL (at least with my car).

konnos
29-09-2015, 23:28
You can do donuts without a clutch too and if you practice a little, without any brake at all. The front tires will likely be moving a bit, but with some steering it's almost as good as you re describing. Thanks for the braking tip, I didn't think about braking while spinning my wheels.

cmch15
30-09-2015, 00:09
OP, perhaps you could post a video of yourself sitting in your car turning the wheel lock to lock like that so the devs can see how it should look :)

I would love to know how you discovered this.

madmax2069
30-09-2015, 00:43
OP, perhaps you could post a video of yourself sitting in your car turning the wheel lock to lock like that so the devs can see how it should look :)

I would love to know how you discovered this.

That issue was posted on the forums a long time ago, he more then likely found out by other peoples videos.

But anyways.
You can easily blow donuts in a automatic if you have your diff locked down and have enough power to break traction from a stop. If you dont, you'll just becoming a one wheel bandit.

cmch15
30-09-2015, 01:01
That issue was posted on the forums a long time ago, he more then likely found out by other peoples videos..

Haha thanks, but I ask with a hint of sarcasm. I do really want to see a video of him sitting there doing that with the steering though. My sides started to hurt when the Live for Speed part came on, the tyre noise was hilarious.

E_Luckow
30-09-2015, 01:30
I dont usually make any post,or topics...

Thank god.

Bye!

Vennt
30-09-2015, 11:38
Did somebody say donuts? :D

BAC Mono doing donuts. (https://youtu.be/gqEhgusBjiQ)

I didn't even need to change my set-up, not sure if thats a good thing or not, it could be a sign I'm running too much front brake bias :P

30-09-2015, 12:37

BAC Mono doing donuts. (https://youtu.be/gqEhgusBjiQ)

I didn't even need to change my set-up, not sure if thats a good thing or not, it could be a sign I'm running too much front brake bias :PFunny you should mention the brake bias, the Mono runs quite a bit higher front brake bias than most of the others. Normally a car has better (larger, more pistons, etc.) brakes at the front than at the rear, so even with a 50:50 brake pressure distribution the front brakes work harder anyway, so the brake bias is front heavy by standard. With the Mono though they run the same sort of 4-piston calipers as well as the same size 295 mm discs front and rear, meaning that to match the braking balance of the other cars the brake bias setting in the setup must be more front heavy. =)

Shinzah
30-09-2015, 12:39
A big reason why I enjoy the Mono, it's really easy to set up the bias when you know exactly what you're going to get and don't need to account for the larger calipers.

Also it (used to be) really good even on 50:50 bias (when I had a wheel). I don't dare try it on controller, though.

Vennt
30-09-2015, 12:46
It's such a fun car, especially around RA. :D

It doesn't get too squirrely under braking even with the bias forward, which really helps the front end "grab" on turn in where other cars would just flip you around for even considering it.

It's forgiving too, if you need a car to help you learn how to catch oversteer without overcompensation you can't do much better than jump in the Mono and start throwing it around like someone else paid for it. :D

havocc
30-09-2015, 13:05
Did someone say oversteer?

Sankyo
30-09-2015, 13:09
Love the partially lighted smoke.

balderz002
30-09-2015, 14:07

YES PLEASE!!

hkraft300
30-09-2015, 15:04
^extra ballast weight for BoP purposes.

balderz002
30-09-2015, 15:09
^extra ballast weight for BoP purposes.

Have you noticed, its a full class for the game? Not just one, but a group to add to fill a class. No single make series for me!

hkraft300
30-09-2015, 15:15
Ye lol hint-hint @ SMS ;)

Single make/ spec series is like buying a box of Krispy Kreme and only getting the 1 type of donut

Vennt
30-09-2015, 16:41
The thread is heading in the direction that validates a certain moderators "law". :D

Soooo, I may as well tip it over the edge, please add either a '67 Eagle or Brabham, something to give the Lotus 49 company!

:D

Th3Pr0ph3cy
30-09-2015, 20:28
The Steering with Controller sucks so badly. It's so annoying and I have played many many Racing Games before. Never had any issues about this. Lfs, GT Legend, GT1-6 and so on. I always drive with all assistance off of course. But the car behaviour is not real. I do amateur racing in real life and if my car would behave like this, I'll send it to hell! How often in online Games with Project Cars I saw so many other Players having the same problem. Steering into a corner and the car slides into the wall, no chance to do anything against it! That's not normal, cause it's doing it on low speed - c'mon who did this? I could be a great game, but there are to many bugs in it making no fun at all... SORRY!

Umer Ahmad
30-09-2015, 21:08
Ah understeer. Care to discuss it or do you just want to uninstall it?

No you cannot have your money back.

cmch15
30-09-2015, 21:22
The only thing I can answer to this thread... PLEASE can I have my money back! The Steering with Controller sucks so badly.

No it doesn't.

It's so annoying and I have played many many Racing Games before. Never had any issues about this. Lfs, GT Legend, GT1-6 and so on.... But the car behaviour is not real...

And GT 1-6 is?

madmax2069
30-09-2015, 21:39
The only thing I can answer to this thread... PLEASE can I have my money back! The Steering with Controller sucks so badly. It's so annoying and I have played many many Racing Games before. Never had any issues about this. Lfs, GT Legend, GT1-6 and so on. I always drive with all assistance off of course. But the car behaviour is not real. I do amateur racing in real life and if my car would behave like this, I'll send it to hell! How often in online Games with Project Cars I saw so many other Players having the same problem. Steering into a corner and the car slides into the wall, no chance to do anything against it! That's not normal, cause it's doing it on low speed - c'mon who did this? Please give me my money back. I could be a great game, but there are to many bugs in it making no fun at all... SORRY!

Set up the controller setting right (it takes less then a few seconds to find good controller settings on the forums) and stop using the thumbstick like a D-pad (aka tapping and bumping on the thumbstick) then it wouldn't suck.

The game is perfectly playable with a controller when you have good controller settings, And thats with all aids off.

Shinzah
30-09-2015, 22:46
The only thing I can answer to this thread... PLEASE can I have my money back! The Steering with Controller sucks so badly. It's so annoying and I have played many many Racing Games before. Never had any issues about this. Lfs, GT Legend, GT1-6 and so on. I always drive with all assistance off of course. But the car behaviour is not real. I do amateur racing in real life and if my car would behave like this, I'll send it to hell! How often in online Games with Project Cars I saw so many other Players having the same problem. Steering into a corner and the car slides into the wall, no chance to do anything against it! That's not normal, cause it's doing it on low speed - c'mon who did this? Please give me my money back. I could be a great game, but there are to many bugs in it making no fun at all... SORRY!

You'll send your car to hell for behaving like a car you're driving with a controller...? Isn't that a little harsh?

Are you sure your tires weren't just cold, though, I guess questioning an amateur racers ability would be silly.

Have you also tried adjusting the steering ratio? Many of the race cars will run a very quick steering ratio designed to be used with wheels. This can lead to self-induced understeer because you're essentially throwing the car into full lock pretty much instantly.

If your car is sliding into the wall while you're turning into the corner, have you released the brake? Are you accelerating?

I have had no problems with using the controller, except up until trying to drive the Formula B and Formula A. Even then it's because I use digital buttons for gas/brake and analog stick to steer as I don't have the manual dexterity to use the triggers.

Edit: And yes, actually. you may have your money back. If you have played less than two hours and purchased the game via steam.
Otherwise, sadly no, you may not.

havocc
01-10-2015, 12:21
I played gt5 with digital gas/brake and auto shifting, then with pcars i decided to use triggers and [square] and [circle] for gears, the problem with FA is that i have DRS on [cross] and kers on [triangle] so i find impossible to use both kers and drs and shifting and i don't like at all gears on L1-R1 :(

TrevorAustin
01-10-2015, 13:11
I played gt5 with digital gas/brake and auto shifting, then with pcars i decided to use triggers and [square] and [circle] for gears, the problem with FA is that i have DRS on [cross] and kers on [triangle] so i find impossible to use both kers and drs and shifting and i don't like at all gears on L1-R1 :(

The Drs is a switch not a button you need to hold. Just press the button once and it stays on until you either press it again or brake. So you can still use kers at the same time.

Rhime
01-10-2015, 13:20

Same for me...moving on.

Th3Pr0ph3cy
01-10-2015, 16:19
Jesus... what experts are always around... I spend hours and hours to got a playable controller settings. Browsed and tried at least 30 settings. No one worked so far. And please read my posting... I have enough experience in racing games, would you please admit that I know how to set up things there. And I am not the only one with this problems as told in my posting.

If you don't have hintful tipps ignore my postings and spend your time elsewhere...

Not telling about the tons of bugs in this Game... and the Network Code is horror. And we 're hitting patch number 5 soon...

And those who say Controller Settings works perfect for them -> Post them I'll give them a try...

UPDATE:

Figured out what the problem is. The analog steering does not function properly. It acts like digital. You only have full steering lock. I wonder all the time, why there was no exact corner driving was possible. Tried a FA Class to get aware of this problem. The question now is -> how to get rid of it! Tried all other racing games installed, and the controller works properly. In Project Cars equal to the settings provided it lasts the same. Is that a bug?

UPDATE2:

Tested 3 different controllers with Project Cars... all acting the same way - no real analog steering ... I guess this is not meant to be...

balderz002
01-10-2015, 16:44
All I did for my settings was to increase the deadzones for my throttle, brake, and steering. To try and dial out the skittishness and sudden direction changes which would cause spins or burn outs. I keep most assists on, but I have nothing to prove.

Mahjik
01-10-2015, 17:07
PLEASE can I have my money back!

If you purchased through Steam, there is a refund policy. If you don't qualify for it, then you are out of luck.

TopAirspace
01-10-2015, 17:12
What the hell is happening in here?
Why is OP replying to comments in his origional post?? LOL

"This is not simulator because cant use my keyboard to play"
Best quote ever :cool:

Shinzah
01-10-2015, 17:16
Figured out what the problem is. The analog steering does not function properly. It acts like digital. You only have full steering lock. I wonder all the time, why there was no exact corner driving was possible. Tried a FA Class to get aware of this problem. The question now is -> how to get rid of it! Tried all other racing games installed, and the controller works properly. In Project Cars equal to the settings provided it lasts the same. Is that a bug?

Have you also tried adjusting the steering ratio? Many of the race cars will run a very quick steering ratio designed to be used with wheels. This can lead to self-induced understeer because you're essentially throwing the car into full lock pretty much instantly.

Th3Pr0ph3cy
01-10-2015, 17:22

Tested all steering options from zero to hundred. NO change at all... Don't get it... looks like I will only go lucky buying a steering wheel again... my wife will kill me...

madmax2069
01-10-2015, 17:23
Jesus... what experts are always around... I spend hours and hours to got a playable controller settings. Browsed and tried at least 30 settings. No one worked so far. And please read my posting... I have enough experience in racing games, would you please admit that I know how to set up things there. And I am not the only one with this problems as told in my posting.

If you don't have hintful tipps ignore my postings and spend your time elsewhere...

Not telling about the tons of bugs in this Game... and the Network Code is horror. And we 're hitting patch number 5 soon...

And those who say Controller Settings works perfect for them -> Post them I'll give them a try...

UPDATE:

UPDATE2:

Tested 3 different controllers with Project Cars... all acting the same way - no real analog steering ... I guess this is not meant to be...

The only way that can be is if you have set your steering deadzone set too high (if set high it will act exactly like a on off button) and steering sensitivity set too high (set too high and you'll be at full steering lock before you get to the thumbsticks max range). Set steering deadzone to 0, and set steering sensitivity to 0-5 and try again. Thumbstick are analog (fully proportional).

Yes the game has bugs (what game doesn't), very few of them are game breaking, most are just annoyances.

I find the network code to be pretty darn spot on, yes there can be tweaks, but nothing really wrong with it. What you mistake for bad net code is probably someone with a crap internet connection (not saying that you have one, just that the person playing with you can be having network issues, or just has a crap internet connection), no amount of good net code will fix someone that has a bad internet or connection issue. And no matter how good your internet connection is it won't fix someones bad internet connection in a online game.

No one is ignoring you, you can search the forums and find exactly what you was looking for (controller settings).

Shinzah
01-10-2015, 17:23
Tested all steering options from zero to hundred. NO change at all... Don't get it... looks like I will only go lucky buying a steering wheel again... my wife will kill me...

I just want to clarify, did you try the steering *ratio* options in car setup (these aren't linear 0-100 values)? ^^;

Th3Pr0ph3cy
01-10-2015, 17:27
The only way that can be is if you have set your steering deadzone set too high (if set high it will act exactly like a on off button) and steering sensitivity set too high (set too high and you'll be at full steering lock before you get to the thumbsticks max range). Set steering deadzone to 0, and set steering sensitivity to 0-5 and try again. Thumbstick are analog (fully proportional).

As said... tested all those things. Changed deadzone 0 to 100 (in steps rising 10/20/30/40...) -> no change ... changed steering sensitivity -> no change... the weired thing is, that it works for the acceleration and brake as expected. I can accelerate with 5% throttle and smoothly raise ... why won't this work for steering... Maybe i should reinstall the game, or at least delete the settings, this could only be a bug...

Charger
01-10-2015, 17:33
Did you try changing the controller input from 3?

Sankyo
01-10-2015, 17:35
As said... tested all those things. Changed deadzone 0 to 100 (in steps rising 10/20/30/40...) -> no change ... changed steering sensitivity -> no change... the weired thing is, that it works for the acceleration and brake as expected. I can accelerate with 5% throttle and smoothly raise ... why won't this work for steering... Maybe i should reinstall the game, or at least delete the settings, this could only be a bug...

Did you try and reset your controller settings? Sounds like a local bug for you, although my early, limited experience with a controller had me find that steering with a controller was very twitchy. Not digital, though, so again it sounds like something is not right with your local controller setup.

Th3Pr0ph3cy
01-10-2015, 17:41
Did a Profile reset and now it works like expected.... unbelievable !!! It costs me all of my nerves! Now i have to go play Project Cars...bb

The videos with the problem as promised:

https://youtu.be/4Z_YnIhkbds before profile reset

https://youtu.be/ILHGPrM90hE after profile reset

madmax2069
01-10-2015, 17:41
Did a Profil reset and now it works like expected.... unbelievable !!! It costs me all of my nerves! Now i have to go play Project Cars...bb

Well there you go.

Have fun

balderz002
01-10-2015, 18:19
Thanks to everyone for your input in trying to find a solution to this racers problems.

TrevorAustin
01-10-2015, 18:21

UPDATE:

UPDATE2:

Tough one, but I do have to admit,

arguing you are a serious racer and only use a controller. Yes, massive credibility.

Nothing wrong with using a controller, but sorry, not serious:)

aerchak
01-10-2015, 18:49
These threads are always best enjoyed if you pretend that the person who is clearly not a native English-speaker actually is a native English-speaker.

The whole thing makes a lot more sense that way.

aerchak
01-10-2015, 19:01
Also, I love the idea of complaining that a sim freaks out if you give it inputs that the machine being simulated could not possibly receive in reality.

It's almost as though there's no consideration for what happens if you turn the steering wheel to full lock in each direction 5 times per second. I can't imagine why this wasn't more thoroughly tested...

MortICi
01-10-2015, 20:01
Also, I love the idea of complaining that a sim freaks out if you give it inputs that the machine being simulated could not possibly receive in reality.

It's almost as though there's no consideration for what happens if you turn the steering wheel to full lock in each direction 5 times per second. I can't imagine why this wasn't more thoroughly tested...

Still a bug, but yes, you would never get this using a wheel or pad. This is probably a result of using a mouse to steer and moving it left and right rapidly. Since the cars have proper simulation in suspension links (hence why the car lifts a little when going form lock to lock, yes this is proper if you have ever driven a car, my WRX does this) but there is something weird happening when the inputs are extremely rapid. As if the suspension was stacking the results and not releaseing or clearing the buffer for the suspension geometry change.

Probably an easy way to replicate and debug....

As for all the other stuff, I don't know how you can try to play a simulator that requires a lot of fine "analog" input (gas, brake, clutch, steering) on a keyboard that only does "digital" input (on/off). It basically nullifies your whole argument, plus your lack of knowledge about car setup and car dynamics/components does not make the simulation faulty, its just you don't know what your doing and why the things are happening the way they are.

I suggest you watch some actual racing, watch some engineering videos, watch racecraft videos and car setup videos on how the dynamics of a car change with a few simple changes...

Either way, your ranting/bitching/demanding post is not going to get any traction here.

Far too often I see people posting stuff based on what they "expect" to be realistic and not what is actually realistic given some thought into the situation. (e.g. the race cars are too easy to drive, everyone should be slamming into walls at full throttle on corner exit) <----- this of course is completely false and stupid, any car that you have to fight to drive is not a car worth driving.

Th3Pr0ph3cy
01-10-2015, 21:17
Tough one, but I do have to admit,

arguing you are a serious racer and only use a controller. Yes, massive credibility.

Nothing wrong with using a controller, but sorry, not serious:)

Read my postings again and you'll find the answer. I used to play with Wheel for a long time, but there are other things becoming more important like family. Therefore i sold my wheel. I don't see where this change the credibility. By the way the Input Method should have no influence to the realism of the game.

The only advantage using a steering wheel is that the steering is much more sensitive and you have better control because you use all extremities.

These threads are always best enjoyed if you pretend that the person who is clearly not a native English-speaker actually is a native English-speaker.

Neither said I'm a native English-speaker. So what's the point? Nor did I say that I speak good English... But you can give a taste of your German skills, so I have something to laugh at too...

AdM1
01-10-2015, 21:42

Isn't this a bug, you have to exit and the go back in to see the changes made or something..

Edit.. Sorry just seen this, very strange.

Did a Profile reset and now it works like expected.... unbelievable !!! It costs me all of my nerves! Now i have to go play Project Cars...bb

Liquid7394
01-10-2015, 23:26
Yes, steering ratio is bugged. You have to exit and start again to see the changes, alternativily you can set it in my garage.

Th3Pr0ph3cy
02-10-2015, 17:37
After fixing the Controller Analog Settings... got something funny for you...

https://youtu.be/aoVmn9wYuIo

Formula A on Oulton Park Fosters...

Vennt
02-10-2015, 17:46
After fixing the Controller Analog Settings... got something funny for you...

https://youtu.be/aoVmn9wYuIo

Formula A on Oulton Park Fosters...

Looks like you did a "Webber" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ8Xo9NuwVw) :P

Both Kimi and Maldonardo have also done this in the past as well.

02-10-2015, 18:40
Going over a sharp crest at high speed, that is not surprising behavior.

JudgeNutmeg
02-10-2015, 18:53

Hi,

just wondering have you tried using the tilt motion control on the controller, not going to be as good as a wheel obviously but once you get used to it, surprisingly good!

havocc
02-10-2015, 19:21
Hi,

just wondering have you tried using the tilt motion control on the controller, not going to be as good as a wheel obviously but once you get used to it, surprisingly good! does it work with ds3 on pc?

Liquid7394
02-10-2015, 19:25
does it work with ds3 on pc?
I'm 99% sure it doesn't. Even if 3rd party software enabled it on PC, I don't thinks Project CARS would have a profile for it.

02-10-2015, 19:37
I'm 99% sure it doesn't. Even if 3rd party software enabled it on PC, I don't thinks Project CARS would have a profile for it.If 3rd part software would enable it on the PC, wouldn't it be in the form of a joystick axis? If so, you could assign that to whatever you please.

havocc
02-10-2015, 20:12
If 3rd part software would enable it on the PC, wouldn't it be in the form of a joystick axis? If so, you could assign that to whatever you please.

I use xbox360 official microsoft drivers with xinput wrapper since when i first tried it motionjoy caused problems with pcars during braking with camera going all around

Liquid7394
02-10-2015, 20:54
You can use DS4 motion controls on PC apparently.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=372395743

Th3Pr0ph3cy
03-10-2015, 23:07
Looks like controller settings are working now. Got my first World Record@Oulton Park Forsters with 00:42:229 ...looking for the next track ... have phun! Would be a pleasure if some of you will join the competition!