PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE :( Think my tx has had it, (FIXED) :D

Dan77 DESTROYER
28-09-2015, 21:49
Did the firmware update yesterday on my tx wheel and all went fine but tonight it will not turn on.........nothing:mad: I've tried numerous fuses in the plug but still nothing.

I am so gutted, I haven't played Pcars for over a week now due to time amongst other things and now after the firmware update my wheel it looks like it's shagged, was going to do the new Pcars update tonight but my wheel has put a stop to that now.
Can't understand what's happened between me updating the firmware which it registered it had all gone smoothly to now not even switching on, random.

Lets hope thrustmaster sort this but i am not looking forward to this as I've read thrustmaster customer service isn't tip top.

Wish me luck.

Apologies for the rant but I only bought it in May a few weeks after Pcars was released and expected it to last a bit longer than this. Been spot on up till now.

nissan4ever
28-09-2015, 22:10
Man, I hate to hear that Dan.

Rockefelluh
28-09-2015, 22:22
Sympathies! Keep us updated on how the customer service works out. I worry about this with the FFB with PCARS.

EpilepticToast
28-09-2015, 23:03
this is why I'm worried to update my firmware. Still on v48.
as the saying goes: If it ain't broke, don't fix it

That sucks though mate, hope it's not fully screwed up! could just be a glitch in the updating process

yusupov
28-09-2015, 23:15
eesh this blows, would like not having one of my hands at this point. maybe you can get them to throw in that 599 alcantara rim along with a new base for the trouble. :)

Finnstar
29-09-2015, 02:06
Have you checked all the cable connections? Dead on pc and Xbox?
First time I updated I thought it went fine but it seemed to be dead the next day. I ended up having to redo the firmware on another computer for it to come back to life. Worth a try.

2pfspiff
29-09-2015, 02:20
Did the firmware update yesterday on my tx wheel and all went fine but tonight it will not turn on.........nothing:mad: I've tried numerous fuses in the plug but still nothing.

I am so gutted, I haven't played Pcars for over a week now due to time amongst other things and now after the firmware update my wheel it looks like it's shagged, was going to do the new Pcars update tonight but my wheel has put a stop to that now.
Can't understand what's happened between me updating the firmware which it registered it had all gone smoothly to now not even switching on, random.

Lets hope thrustmaster sort this but i am not looking forward to this as I've read thrustmaster customer service isn't tip top.

Wish me luck.

Apologies for the rant but I only bought it in May a few weeks after Pcars was released and expected it to last a bit longer than this. Been spot on up till now.

Check the USB cable. It can be separated from the rest of the USB plug wire down by the fat connector just before the USB plug.

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 03:37
Have you checked all the cable connections? Dead on pc and Xbox?
First time I updated I thought it went fine but it seemed to be dead the next day. I ended up having to redo the firmware on another computer for it to come back to life. Worth a try.

I suggested that to him in a message. Do the whole boot mode when connecting wheel to his PC & do firmware again.

inthebagbud
29-09-2015, 06:28
@dan

Do not rely on email with thrustmaster support, it is best to ring it has took nearly 4 weeks from start to finish to get my wheel replaced and action only seemed to happen when I rang them.

Dont think there are there many people handling support and emails where ignored but everytime I rang it was miraculous how they just happened to be looking at my case

yusupov
29-09-2015, 06:30
sounds like solid advice, i actually emailed them before i got my tx to ask about the t150 -- never heard back lol. hear a lot of mixed things about their customer service

RoccoTTS
29-09-2015, 07:02
Check the USB cable. It can be separated from the rest of the USB plug wire done by the fat connector just before the USB plug.

@Dan : be sure to check this !!

Dan77 DESTROYER
29-09-2015, 11:58
Thanks guys appreciate your inputs but I think it's completely finished it won't power up at all, no lights come on nothing :(

Gutted

I shall ring thrustmaster support instead of wasting my time with an email thanks for the heads up on that.

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 15:46
That sucks Dan.

Dan77 DESTROYER
29-09-2015, 16:23
UPDATE!!! :D :D

Right after much stressing with a big big dose of gutted and some private messages from Nissan4ever via xbox live I have wiped then reinstalled everything on my craptop and hay ho it's fixed :D

I think it was stuck in boot mode or there was a corrupt file or something didn't go right first time round even though it showed the firmware was updated, it could of even been me having a blonde moment (highly likely)

Anyway I'm off to get this patch update on the game now I know the wheel functions :D and Thanks again to nissan4ever for your wisdom,
Thanks guys see you on track :D :D :D

yusupov
29-09-2015, 16:35
very cool, im relieved for you lol. and +ALL to nissan4ever thats awesome of you

Schnizz58
29-09-2015, 16:49
Sweet! Nice job nissan!

inthebagbud
29-09-2015, 16:56
Good news Dan

Postal Force tracking says my replacement is over the channel so when i eventually get my wheel back we can finally have a drive

Anybody up for some TT challenges

beetes_juice
29-09-2015, 17:04
Awesome. Gutted to see post like this but pretty cool you fixed it with the help of others on here.

Anybody up for some TT challenges

We should set something up like the ps4 section does with the weekly/monthly challenges. Think thats what they do at least.

inthebagbud
29-09-2015, 17:27
We should set something up like the ps4 section does with the weekly/monthly challenges. Think thats what they do at least.

Yes that's I am thinking off - I have been looking at that thread which has formulated the idea

It would be good to have that on a casual basis with all levels of experience - especially if we could all learn off each other along the way - I see some TT events that are arranged and the normal average racer hasn't got a chance.

Anyways anybody interested shout up and/or PM and we will see what we can come up with

Dynomight Motorsports
30-09-2015, 00:50
I feel for you man. I can tell you Thrustmaster Customer Support is less than Steller. You can expect a 3-4 day response on your emails, and a minimum 2 weeks for a replacement. I've really come to hate them.
Just out of curiosity, what FFB settings were you using? READ MY Sig.

nissan4ever
30-09-2015, 01:02
I feel for you man. I can tell you Thrustmaster Customer Support is less than Steller. You can expect a 3-4 day response on your emails, and a minimum 2 weeks for a replacement. I've really come to hate them.

Read post #14, it's fixed now :)

Dan had his problem arise from doing the firmware update for V50. Not from FFB settings.

Dan77 DESTROYER
30-09-2015, 17:39

I am very thankful Nissan took the time to help out via pm because thrustmaster were about as useful as a chocolate teaspoon, I explained the situation on the phone (after being first in line but had to wait 30+ mins before someone actually spoke to me) he basicly sounded like he couldn't be bothered to help and then just took some of my details and said he will send me an email with a link to there troubleshooting page (which I'd already done and told him I'd done that) and wanted purchase details etc. He completely didn't listen to me and didn't show any signs he was going too so that was that, haven't received an email yet and that's even after he read my email address back to me to make sure it was correct................FAIL!!!
Like I say as useful as a chocolate teaspoon.
Thrustmaster customer/tech helpline 0 Nissan4ever 1

FFB: can't remember what I was running prior to the recent patch but it was on lower than average settings as I don't like it full on in your face, now got to find that happy medium again and get settled back into my racing seat :D