PDA

View Full Version : Career mode not playable anymore since patch 4.0 cause of instability...

baselstadtamrhy
28-09-2015, 22:25
First of all I'm so angry and disappointed!! :mad:

Since the newest patch (4.0) my career mode is not playable anymore. Everytime I'm exiting the pit the game will hang up and fall back to the Xbox desktop...

I've tried dozens of times with different settings and had to find out that everytime I use a first person camera (like helmet, cockpit, indoor-cam etc.) when exiting the pit and the game should handle the car to me it will hang up. When using a third-person camera exiting is fine but when changing to first person the same crap will happen on the track as well...

Re-installing the game won't help. I've also deleted my saved profile data - on the console and the cloud as well - but it doesn't help... Ergo with this bug the game is not playable any more...

@SMS: BEFORE EVEN THINKING OF PC CARS 2 PLEASE DO YOUR WORK AND FIX THESE SERIOUS DEFICIENCIES IN PART 1 SO IT WILL BE PLAYABLE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE PAID MONEY FOR IT.. (OR DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT ANYONE WILL BUY PART 2 WHEN HAVING SUCH PROBLEMS WITH VERSION 1...)???

TheReaper GT
28-09-2015, 22:30
If you try to race the same car and track in race weekend you have the same crash? Because it's all fine here.

baselstadtamrhy
28-09-2015, 22:35
If you try to race the same car and track in race weekend you have the same crash? Because it's all fine here.

Here it happens in race weekend and free training as well sometimes but always )!) in career mode...

TheReaper GT
28-09-2015, 22:39
Try remove both local and cloud save. Remove the game than do a hard reboot. After that reinstall the game and see if it helps. It's a very strange bug and could even be a hardware problem.

baselstadtamrhy
28-09-2015, 22:48
Try remove both local and cloud save. Remove the game than do a hard reboot. After that reinstall the game and see if it helps. It's a very strange bug and could even be a hardware problem.

Thanks for your tips - I do appreciate. But I've already done these procedures for checking and the instability still remains... Actually I'm playing 9 other games (beside PC Cars) on my console and none of them will show this problem. So I think that a hardware problem could be excluded...

And yes it's definitely a strange thing. Especially as I really like this game. I was buying/playing every Forza since part 1 but I wasn't doing it now with version 6 as I definitely prefer PC-cars. And now this crap... I feel so annoyed..!

TheReaper GT
28-09-2015, 22:51
I understand, it's really bad and annoying. I never heard of such problem. Try call Microsoft support, maybe they have some sort of diagnosis method to help identify the culprit.

baselstadtamrhy
29-09-2015, 14:31
After many more tests with different settings/choices particular in career mode I figured out that the bug is triggered by team selection...

With a brand new game save I could choose the team/contract 1 Proton Racing and everything works fine no matter which other settings I take. But as soon as I choose the second team/contract (Rockford Racing) the game crashes everytime like descripted above...

Very strange but definitely a bug caused by the game itself...

TheReaper GT
29-09-2015, 14:37
Nice, gonna report your post so a mod can inform a dev about that finding. Great work bro

Roger Prynne
29-09-2015, 14:45
Reported to the Devs... thanks for the info.

KkDrummer
29-09-2015, 14:52
Hey Roger, for info...there is another user who reported the same issue here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38609-Crashes-and-returns-to-Xbox-menus/page4

baselstadtamrhy
29-09-2015, 16:00
Thanks guys - I really appreciate! And yes, meanwhile I found out that there are other guys with exactly the same problem reported here in the forum. Some of them seem to have it since patch 3.0...

Btw I had this problem as well with another team. Made a post about in in the following thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38609-Crashes-and-returns-to-Xbox-menus/page4

baselstadtamrhy
28-10-2015, 16:25
It seems that this problem is fixed with the new patch 5.0. Since I've tried every game mode it was not possible to reproduce the bug anymore.

THANKS SMS for this proper fix so even the old save game could be used further more. So the career might continue with a lot of pleasure.