PDA

View Full Version : What!? Has control + K been on ps4 the whole time with keyboard plugged in?

Udd-
28-09-2015, 22:45
Just set up my keyboard on the ps4 for all the extra buttons and just for fun I tried the control + K like I do on pc and to my surprise the free cam worked. Has it been like that all the time or is this new?
Anyway it's awesome news for me, thought only the Ruf yellowbird was the bugged one where you already could do this.
How to do it. Connect a keyboard, hit control + K, move cam with q,w,e,a,s,d.
Only wish it would save the last used position

Short video of it.
https://youtu.be/EhdZ0hsuOhw

azidahaka
29-09-2015, 13:00
this. is. amazing!

I would need days to find the perfect spot but i would finally be able to move the view more centered on the driver's position!

Vennt
29-09-2015, 14:50
Is it just able to do foward/backward/up/down and side to side, or are there any rotation controls too?

Because if there are, then I can see some amazing videos coming in the future, and I plan to make some, and if there isn't currently, I know what my next request in the feature suggestions forum is going to be! :D

Roger Prynne
29-09-2015, 14:57
This is how it used to work on a PC.... but not sure if they all still apply.

To enter the mode you press Ctrl-K.
Then the following keys become active:

Numpad 2: increase pitch
Numpad 3: switch lights on/off
Numpad 8: decrease pitch
Numpad 4: increase yaw
Numpad 6: decrease yaw
Numpad 7: increase radius
Numpad 9: decrease radius
Numpad 1: increase roll
Numpad 3: decrease roll
Numpad -: increase FOV
Numpad +: decrease FOV
D: forward
A: backward
W: up
S: down
Q: left
E: right
SHIFT key in combination with any of the above: slow down camera movement
Numpad 5: reset to original settings for current camera

Haiden
29-09-2015, 17:05
Are the settings saved per car?

Roger Prynne
29-09-2015, 17:09
Nope afraid not.

Vennt
29-09-2015, 17:44
Thanks Roger, I will give it a try on PS4 later, once the kids let me reclaim the TV, or I send them to bed early. (Whichever comes first :P)

Fre.Mo
29-09-2015, 20:31
Just tryed and indeed it works. The setting of the fov on the fly is really a good thing. It is a pitty that settings are not saved per car.
Please SMS, allow the assignment of the key for fov in the edit menu for button box owners...

Haiden
29-09-2015, 20:48
Nope afraid not.

Thanks, but I think I worded that wrong. I meant are the settings saved in general, from session to session, or do you have to adjust them every session?

Roger Prynne
29-09-2015, 20:53
You have to adjust them every session.

wyldanimal
29-09-2015, 22:52

Now I need to make a New Button Box Design..
one just for the camera.. A Camera box!

(it will be Arduino Based so one Button will Be Ctrl-K )
Humm now you have me thinking...

2stains
30-09-2015, 03:31

Can anyone on ps4 test the numpad + and - for fov adjustment ?

wyldanimal
30-09-2015, 04:41
Can anyone on ps4 test the numpad + and - for fov adjustment ?

Yes, + and - on the Numeric Pad adjusts FOV

also posted Here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39377-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-4-0-Release-Notes&p=1134858&viewfull=1#post1134858

2stains
30-09-2015, 05:07
Awesome. Now SMS just need to let this save per car.

Vennt
30-09-2015, 12:24

Ok, So I just gave this a thorough test on PS4.

Most work fine, and are going to be an absolute boon to video making, thanks!

The two that don't work properly are using the [Shift] key to modify adjustment camera speed, I believe this is because in Project CARS the [Shift] key is recognised as a bindable key in and off itself, rather than as a modifier. (This was discovered by those making PS4 button boxes I believe)

Secondly the [Numpad 5] to reset the camera does not work properly / consistently, if you change cameras after moving it the camera position you have modified to becomes the new reference / default for the reset and you are then unable to reset it to it's proper default position for the remainder of the session, however leaving the session then resets the default position correctly.

Hope this is of use to someone.

BistoKid
30-09-2015, 12:46
I used for the first time last night and was really very useful as I drive cockpit only and offered more visibility than the seat adjustment. The downside was that looking left and right had me staring at the headrests!!

Vennt
30-09-2015, 12:52
Oh, and I forgot to add, if you adjust the cockpit camera, you'll get the spooky headless horseman driving the car :D

That is understandable though, better that than deal with nasty clipping issues or waste performance on adding mostly unnecessary clipping / visibility logic, and you can always modify any of the other cameras instead :)

Franco Ferrari
30-09-2015, 13:38
Awesome. Now SMS just need to let this save per car.

The point is that CTRL+K is actually intended to be a photo mode support tool, not a better cockpit camera re-positioning tool, since you can use it with EVERY camera view in the game (AFAIK).
The re-positioning of the cockpit view IS saved for all the cars though.

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-09-2015, 15:16
Oh, this is so good!
I use bumper cam, as I do in most games, for the sheer sense of speed (I know, burn the arcade racer heretic) but the camera height is way too low on some cars and destroys visibility when racing close behind. Now I can set it to perfection... what I wouldn't give for a saveable height option for bumper cam though, but this find is gold for me... thanks!

Fre.Mo
30-09-2015, 16:12
Oh, this is so good!
I use bumper cam, as I do in most games, for the sheer sense of speed (I know, burn the arcade racer heretic) but the camera height is way too low on some cars and destroys visibility when racing close behind. Now I can set it to perfection... what I wouldn't give for a saveable height option for bumper cam though, but this find is gold for me... thanks!

Indeed, bumper cam looks more like under the car cam... And the whole camera views should at least be adjustable with seat adjustment keys.

BistoKid
30-09-2015, 18:31
The point is that CTRL+K is actually intended to be a photo mode support tool, not a better cockpit camera re-positioning tool, since you can use it with EVERY camera view in the game (AFAIK).
The re-positioning of the cockpit view IS saved for all the cars though.

Point taken Franco and totally agree... still got to say it added a little more functionality for my cockpit view ;)

Udd-
30-09-2015, 19:51
Point is that the current seat position in cockpit/helmet doesn't go close enough to the windscreen. I get that a real life seat doesn't do that either but I don't see why it has to be locked that far away from the windscreen. For a single screen user it just feels to far away if you bump up the fov to say 110. But with the "photo mode" it feels great and can give you the same speed sensation as hood cam does. It definitely doesnt give you more advantaged than driving with the roof cam that I've seen people do in the e-sport

Fre.Mo
04-10-2015, 13:09
It should be great, for console users with button box, to allow the assignment of the freecam to another key than ctrl+k and the use of the same seat position keys to move the freecam (instead of qweasd keys we should use the seat up/dwn fwd/bwd and angle keys...).
I can use also another keyboard with the button box but the setting is not saved per car so I loose time before each race...

John Hargreaves
04-10-2015, 15:13
The view does save within the session though, so I usually adjust it on the grid, the AIs may well set off and then I just restart and it remembers the new view. Obviously not much good online, but you can get pretty quick at adjusting the view when you hit a straight. Having said that, I tend to use more or less default view online as it is a bit wider and better for seeing opponents. Offline the AI are quite predictable, so you know when to leave them space- I don‘t think you need all the visibilty at the sides in QR. Great to know ctrl-k is on PS4 though, I think it‘s a killer feature.

Fre.Mo
24-10-2015, 19:42
Why can t we simply adjust view postion for each camera (bumper, hood, rear...) using seat position keys instead of using ctrl+k and other keys... I have a button box and don t want to use another keyboard to adjust the view.

M-Bimmer
24-10-2015, 19:54
Left u a comment. Thanks mate