PDA

View Full Version : NEW MOJAVE TRACK - A quick exploration video of the location

SkyRex
29-09-2015, 00:33
Hey there,

I made a quick and dirty video for everybody interested in the new Mojave TestTrack.

No commentary, I just picked the new AM V8Vantage GTE, loaded up the Track and drove whichever road laid ahead of me.
Just for everybody interested and whoever needs more visual impressions before making a decision of to buy or not to buy the DLC.

Enjoy and leave a comment.
Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayCcr_jB8WY

ports
29-09-2015, 00:41
I just brought this DLC cars are great but whats the point in having a test track if you can't tune the cars at the test track it's baffled me.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
29-09-2015, 01:05
I haven't raced at New Mojave since 1993.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3iZirYfHc

Knightfall
29-09-2015, 01:12
I haven't raced at New Mojave since 1993.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3iZirYfHc

Best post ever.. This game... Brings back memories. Thanks for that post.

321Respawn
29-09-2015, 01:18
Noob not racing in cockpit cam isometric is for noobs .I hope you were using a wheel and pedals at least .

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
29-09-2015, 01:25
Noob not racing in cockpit cam isometric is for noobs .I hope you were using a wheel and pedals at least .

Prototype Morpheus too.

2stains
29-09-2015, 04:12
Prototype Morpheus too.
That's what I use . In my dreams .

senn
29-09-2015, 04:15
I just brought this DLC cars are great but whats the point in having a test track if you can't tune the cars at the test track it's baffled me.

hit restart and then you can edit tune. there is no option to return to pitbox AFAIK.

madmax2069
29-09-2015, 04:26
I really like the test track, but no pits severely limits its usefulness online for me.

If only the multiple layouts had pits, it would make for some decent races, I mean yeah you can take them online but being that theres no pit you really cant do any endurance races, or serious racing on it which is quite sad really. Every layout ive tried so far I have really enjoyed.

Yes I get it suppose to be a test track. But they could have at least added pits to the darn thing to make it more relevant.

MillsLayne
29-09-2015, 04:35
I just want to throw the Capers on the oval portion for a huge SS race!

PC49NZ
29-09-2015, 04:46
My thanks to those who posted the video's, much appreciated.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
29-09-2015, 04:48
If only the multiple layouts had pits, it would make for some decent races, I mean yeah you can take them online but being that theres no pit you really cant do any endurance races, or serious racing on it which is quite sad really.Porsche Supercup, GP3 series, F1 up until the mid 80s or so, WTCC... There are tons of racing series both current and historical that didn't do pit stops during races (or rather it wasn't mandatory to do them and they didn't intended to pit during a race unless there was a big problem), you can most definitely do serious racing without pits. Admittedly if you break your car you won't be able to get it fixed.

LukeC
29-09-2015, 07:50
I just got this. Love the tracks and the cars, but disappointed that I can't race on the full "oval" or combine two or more of the layouts. Also! isn't the circle towards the left a skid pan?

29-09-2015, 07:56
Also! isn't the circle towards the left a skid pan?Yes, you can enter it by going to the main Test Track layout and turning right and right again. =)

LukeC
29-09-2015, 08:43
Thanks. Im assuming it's not possible to race on the full "oval".

Paulo Ribeiro
29-09-2015, 08:52

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/lol_rofl_cat.jpg

Fildataeast
29-09-2015, 13:38
A track without pit its a half track :(
How test? What test? Im saaaaaaaaad like a thirty boy xD

Machinist90
29-09-2015, 14:04
drives aston,wears audi gloves,never gets old

Sledgar
29-09-2015, 18:44
Ok I feel stupid now. How can you drive wherever you want? I can just choose layouts and drive those tracks.

Kelderek
29-09-2015, 19:00
Ok I feel stupid now. How can you drive wherever you want? I can just choose layouts and drive those tracks.

Choose "Mojave Test Track" in Free Practice mode.

Rob Prange
29-09-2015, 19:23
Cool video, has been added to the official channel playlists :)

Racer Pro
29-09-2015, 19:25
where is the dlc in north america canada psn

Knightfall
29-09-2015, 19:25
where is the dlc in north america canada psn

Can anyone in NA download the DLC?

madmax2069
29-09-2015, 19:39
Can anyone in NA download the DLC?

Cant find it on SCEA PSN stores so far.

Just checked again and its out in USA, downloading it now.

SkyRex
29-09-2015, 21:14

LOL watch my other Video I made on the 3.0 Patch. I drive a RUF GT3 there, watch it and then come back and say something about my skills. I only used hood view because you can see the Enviroment better, which was the whole purpose of this Testdrive and Video.

IJerichoI
29-09-2015, 23:04
There is work needed regarding the camera system, even the cockpit cam is leveled out horizontally in the oval part, looking really odd.

Edit: Of course, nice vid, that was why I came here in the first place :D

rd.king
29-09-2015, 23:17
No practice or qualifying available in any of the layouts?

Nekrobob
29-09-2015, 23:19
No practice or qualifying available in any of the layouts?

True ;(

29-09-2015, 23:42
There is work needed regarding the camera system, even the cockpit cam is leveled out horizontally in the oval part, looking really odd.Really? It's definitely not on my end. What are your world movement settings?

29-09-2015, 23:42
No practice or qualifying available in any of the layouts?Can't start from the pits. =/

STEELJOCKEY
29-09-2015, 23:52
There is work needed regarding the camera system, even the cockpit cam is leveled out horizontally in the oval part, looking really odd.

Edit: Of course, nice vid, that was why I came here in the first place :D

Noticed this myself, agree it looks really strange, but also agree cool video. Looking forward to downloading and driving

321Respawn
30-09-2015, 02:36
LOL watch my other Video I made on the 3.0 Patch. I drive a RUF GT3 there, watch it and then come back and say something about my skills. I only used hood view because you can see the Enviroment better, which was the whole purpose of this Testdrive and Video.

I was referring to the 90's era game with the isometric view and game pad . It was meant as a joke because of all the "I am so pro" threads because "I use cockpit and wheel" .
I guess you did not get past the first 5 words before getting your panties in a bunch .

30-09-2015, 02:51
Or maybe sarcasm and jokes travel really badly over the internet. =)

IJerichoI
30-09-2015, 06:41
Really? It's definitely not on my end. What are your world movement settings?

This is just my point, Jussi :) The banking should not have this effect with all world movement settings. World movement should control the movement around the pitch axis, but not the roll axis. If the car gets into a banking or even flips, the camera stays horizontal, which is really odd. If you look left or right with this setting in cockpit or helmet view, you'd watch either the door handles or the cockpit roof. This has to get fixed for oval racing. I reported it back when the test track was in the game during development, but maybe it was a too minor thing back then.

BTW, my world setting is something 80-ish.

falm
30-09-2015, 08:53
Great Video - looking forward to give it try on my own. Weekend is still too far away.