PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel clipping.

2pfspiff
29-09-2015, 03:06
I keep reading about steering wheel clipping, but do not understand it. Could someone please explain (I would like to know if I have it). I also know that there are a ton of FFB setting post and I have searched them. Nothing I found really explains it. How would one remove clipping without going crazy with the other settings?

Strydervip
29-09-2015, 03:18
I keep reading about steering wheel clipping, but do not understand it. Could someone please explain (I would like to know if I have it). I also know that there are a ton of FFB setting post and I have searched them. Nothing I found really explains it. How would one remove clipping without going crazy with the other settings?

Scroll through your hud settings and find the telemetry hud while you are driving watch the left graph that has the wave line If it is rolling hills and waves you are not Clipping but if it is very hard peaks and tabletops you are

yusupov
29-09-2015, 03:21
probably the only thing you need to do to get rid of the majority of clipping is run default ffb but set the steering gain to 1.00 (default is 2.00 for thrustmaster wheels). you can check to by looking at the upper right of the telemetry, if its flatlined at the top you are very likely missing signal (it is 'clipped', out of range, lower strength settings will bring it in range). a little clipping, especially over bumps but also a bit in high speed corners, is fine imo.

there is of course a ton more tuning available & i would recommend jack spade's settings & tweaks but afaik its quite a chore to enter them into a console.

but this vid does a much better job explaining it than i do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96pEg6QxM88

2pfspiff
29-09-2015, 06:08
Thanks for the info. I will check the hud to see what it is doing. I am running Jack Spades 66% settings on all cars.

2pfspiff
29-09-2015, 06:20
That was an excellent video. Explains it perfectly. Thanks.