PDA

View Full Version : [DEV NOTIFIED] Aston Martin Track Expansion Bug Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 05:47
When driving the Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1 with no wheel/driver. The steering wheel is not there. Kinda need that in a LMP1 vehicle :)

This is at Le Mans 24hrs

I went to Spa to check there. Same issue.

I then checked the Audi R18 e-tron quattro, the wheel was there for that car.

Looks like this is an issue for the Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1.

EpilepticToast
29-09-2015, 05:59
When driving the Aston Martin DBR1-2 with no wheel/driver. The steering wheel is not there. Kinda need that in a LMP1 vehicle :)

This is at Le Mans 24hrs

I went to Spa to check there. Same issue.

I then checked the Audi R18 e-tron quattro, the wheel was there for that car.

Looks like this is just an issue for the Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1.

I'm confused mate, isn't that what that option does? turn off cockpit wheel and driver? do you mean with that setting ON it doesn't show, because it does for me.

Neil Bateman
29-09-2015, 05:59
I would think the wheel still being there when turned off would be wrong.

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 06:00
No, on LMP1 & LMP2, you need the wheel there. It has information on it you need.

Speed, fuel, tires, temps, lap times. The gauges are on the wheel.

Here's the Audi R18 e-tron quattro LMP1 with wheel/driver off. You still have the wheel.

That's different than driving a vehicle with your gauges on the dashboard. Of course you don't want the wheel on those then, if you have that option off.

EpilepticToast
29-09-2015, 06:03
So it only turns off the driver for those cars?

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 06:06

Yes. The wheel doesn't move. It's stationary. But you need the information that is displayed on it.

Bealdor
29-09-2015, 06:07

Yes.

EpilepticToast
29-09-2015, 06:12
interesting, never knew that! Is it because this wheel on the Aston doesn't display crucial info maybe?
Looks strange to me, to just have a stationary wheel not moving like that, I can see the purpose though

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 06:18
interesting, never knew that! Is it because this wheel on the Aston doesn't display crucial info maybe?
Looks strange to me, to just have a stationary wheel not moving like that, I can see the purpose though

The wheel on the Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1 has a MOTEC display. You cycle through the MOTEC display to see your vehicle information. Like any other car in the game with a MOTEC display on the wheel. Doesn't have traditional dashboard configuration for gauges.

Neil Bateman
29-09-2015, 06:18
You learn something new everyday!!

Bealdor
29-09-2015, 06:19

That's the thing, it does show crucial information. ;)
Notified devs.

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 06:26
This is the Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1 with wheel/driver on. I cycled through the MOTEC display info once. Now showing Laps, fuel tank & will show fuel consumption after I complete a 1 lap.

Among other useful information you need to know :)

EpilepticToast
29-09-2015, 06:27
Notified devs.

Ah yes I can see that now after taking it out for another spin. Guess I was just having too much fun driving it to even notice the different style of motec ;)

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 06:28
Notified devs.

Thanks!

chig88
29-09-2015, 08:09
Yes. The wheel doesn't move. It's stationary. But you need the information that is displayed on it.

Same in the Formula A. Always thought that was a bug, but makes sense to leave it there if there's vital info on it. Kind of jarring to drive around with the wheel still there but not moving though :/

Dynomight Motorsports
29-09-2015, 12:18
Cool wheel... :) I always keep driver and wheel in view so I have a reference and make sure mine and the games wheel are turning in unison.

Jezza819
29-09-2015, 20:19
Cool wheel... :) I always keep driver and wheel in view so I have a reference and make sure mine and the games wheel are turning in unison.

I originally turned off driver and wheel for Formula B because driver's hands were getting in the way of seeing apexes and such. I've never turned it back on again and haven't missed it at all in anything else. Just one of those things that I didn't think I would like but I do.