PDA

View Full Version : why does everything wwith this game have to be a 'work around'

foxy2020
29-09-2015, 12:05
Well this new pack has caused liveries one to cause a problem and after having to rid myself of the modified pack totally as that caused game crashes etc i am wondering how long the others will last, OK these packs are cheap but if i pay for anything in life i want it, if i buy so much as a bag of crisps and the shop keeper takes my money but then takes back the crisps and pushes me out the door..i'd be angry....
I'm awaiting the usual crap about uninstalling and re installing but only after saying ten hail Mary's at midnight whilst having a fan on my xbox and chanting "kill MS kill MS".... i think on here the loyalists call it 'work arounds'..whole games a ruddy work around!!

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:07
I have to ask, because all of your posts carry a negative tone, if you do have alot of frustration with the game, which I think many do, why are you buying dlc. It stands to reason if your that unhappy with the game as it stands you wouldn't be so ready to keep giving the studio your money. I'm just asking

For the record I agree that there are too many 'Work arounds' and constant jumping through hoops, but that's why I'm not buying dlc till its sorted

CE 300
29-09-2015, 12:16
It's because SMS want you to play Forza 6. I'm pretty sure they have this weird deal with Turn 10 to add as many bugs as possible to Project Cars to make people leave and buy Forza 6. This way they earn more money to develop Project Cars 2 ;)

foxy2020
29-09-2015, 12:19
I have to ask, because all of your posts carry a negative tone, if you do have alot of frustration with the game, which I think many do, why are you buying dlc. It stands to reason if your that unhappy with the game as it stands you wouldn't be so ready to keep giving the studio your money. I'm just asking

For the record I agree that there are too many 'Work arounds' and constant jumping through hoops, but that's why I'm not buying dlc till its sorted

Thats my point, i'm not getting the Aston pack. I'm gutted because i'd like it, but for now having already done the full delete start again thing i'm stepping back from this DLC and playing with what i've got.

I did think you were about to say "why are you still here", if anyone thinks that well i love this game and i love motorsport, i have a TX wheel and when FFB is set up its a joy... but i should still be confident new livery packs wont mess up on installation and stuff i pay for however cheap will be there the next time i load game up...
I'm not asking for the world, i'm not asking for stuff for free..i'm asking to have what i've paid for, and i am a modified car pack down, have liveries pack 3 but lost liveries pack 1 and all i ever hear is 'delete save game un install, re install, clear this clear that, get a pS4, nope now get a PC, nope not powerful enough...get a better one you cheap skate... "

Raven403
29-09-2015, 12:21
Thats my point, i'm not getting the Aston pack. I'm gutted because i'd like it, but for now having already done the full delete start again thing i'm stepping back from this DLC and playing with what i've got.

I did think you were about to say "why are you still here", if anyone thinks that well i love this game and i love motorsport, i have a TX wheel and when FFB is set up its a joy... but i should still be confident new livery packs wont mess up on installation and stuff i pay for however cheap will be there the next time i load game up...
I'm not asking for the world, i'm not asking for stuff for free..i'm asking to have what i've paid for.

Oh ok, I was misunderstanding then. I thought the DLC broke the game or something but you mean the older Packs. I see that now, apologies

foxy2020
29-09-2015, 12:27
Oh ok, I was misunderstanding then. I thought the DLC broke the game or something but you mean the older Packs. I see that now, apologies

Sorry yes, i'm sorry to be negative but sometimes you have to just say what you believe in, up until i deleted the modified car pack which kept having faults on load up i did all the re install stuff delete game save and the game ran like gold , i now think it was the modified pack issues causing that... so yes i worry that this DLC is released but there are more pressing issues...
I now feel i may just step back from DLC as theres still cars i've yet to use anyway...

Megalomanic87
29-09-2015, 14:43
It's because SMS want you to play Forza 6. I'm pretty sure they have this weird deal with Turn 10 to add as many bugs as possible to Project Cars to make people leave and buy Forza 6. This way they earn more money to develop Project Cars 2 ;)

Not possible, Forza 6 is terrible too :lemo:

ziplobthud
10-10-2015, 19:20
Not possible, Forza 6 is terrible too :lemo:

Least it works better then PCars does. Aw man, I want this game to work so much, giving it its 5th chance at least, If the bugs can be ironed a lot better then we will have an awesome game on our hands, if not, well we have got an awesome flop of a game.

d4ninho
11-10-2015, 13:43
It's already a flop, yes they made money in sales as they promised a finished game, yet every time you play you have problems, 6 months in and still lobby chat doesnt work, they went player 2 player connection to save money yet knew it would cause problems with a game sold worldwide.

every release they make it breaks something else even if you dont buy the DLC it still breaks the game, i have no DLC yet every time they bring some out it screws the game up for a few days.

I think the negatives on this game is to be understood, we paid our money expecting to be able to actually play it yet can't.
Microsoft tried to help them by increasing party sizes to 12 yet any more than about 9 runners and lag kicks in due to no servers, lets face it, this is a PC game prted across to make as much cash as possible in the time before F6 came out, most compaines would have delayed till the bugs were sorted yet they knew once F6 came out there game would die so they rushed it out.

The game itself drives better that Forza but when you have to spend your time sending invites to ppl that get randomly kicked from lobbies or when you drive only able to talk to half a grid then why play?

And why oh why does every bug fix mainly contain graphic updates, stop it SMS fix the basic elements please.

this game is good but just does not work right enough to make it a game you can trust to race on over its rivals that have stable mulitplayer.

They really should just release the game again next year with all bugs fixed and spend every penny they earned on servers, only then will forza have a real rival, without servers your game cannot compete.

rtazz17
11-10-2015, 14:59
It's already a flop, yes they made money in sales as they promised a finished game, yet every time you play you have problems, 6 months in and still lobby chat doesnt work, they went player 2 player connection to save money yet knew it would cause problems with a game sold worldwide.

every release they make it breaks something else even if you dont buy the DLC it still breaks the game, i have no DLC yet every time they bring some out it screws the game up for a few days.

I think the negatives on this game is to be understood, we paid our money expecting to be able to actually play it yet can't.
Microsoft tried to help them by increasing party sizes to 12 yet any more than about 9 runners and lag kicks in due to no servers, lets face it, this is a PC game prted across to make as much cash as possible in the time before F6 came out, most compaines would have delayed till the bugs were sorted yet they knew once F6 came out there game would die so they rushed it out.

The game itself drives better that Forza but when you have to spend your time sending invites to ppl that get randomly kicked from lobbies or when you drive only able to talk to half a grid then why play?

And why oh why does every bug fix mainly contain graphic updates, stop it SMS fix the basic elements please.

this game is good but just does not work right enough to make it a game you can trust to race on over its rivals that have stable mulitplayer.

They really should just release the game again next year with all bugs fixed and spend every penny they earned on servers, only then will forza have a real rival, without servers your game cannot compete.

Agreed.

Say what you want to say about forza.. It works and there isnt ten work arounds to play every time you fire it up.I wont argue the driving physics because Its a very oppinionated subject.. I like the physics and Im not alone.But that aside its just plain fun to play and you can actually play the game on line with many many many other people and many many lobbies.. Cant say that about PCars... I tried incredibly hard for two months to like project cars.. Its still a mess to try and play and online is going away quick.The amount if people online is at all time low..

krazyhippy
11-10-2015, 17:36
I am in the same boat as you and Forza 6 now has my full attention and I really never plan to go back to Pcars. I like the fact I can boot F6 and it works right away and my wheel works with the game correctly.

PTG Baby Cow
13-10-2015, 13:17
Hahaha Krazy hippy funniest thing I've heard in a while. Sure plug your wheel in and it works as t10 intends it to work..... which is awful. Get your ffb setup right here and tell me your wheel works right. Forza also has the same issue as pcars that the controller wants to be the main source.

I think you guys are overlooking forza has problems as well. Download tunes half the tune doesn't always load, game chat only some people can hear some people and others can hear different people. Released with a glitch where cars would compete way out of there class. Released where mods that increased cars ability would get recorded to leaderboard. I can continue.... bottom line is all games are released with problems and incomplete. They also do this for strategic reasons, so they can make you pay for content which likely should have been in the game from the beggining. Name a game that came out flawless on xbox 1 and didn't have either a day one patch or a patch shortly after.

rtazz17
13-10-2015, 15:04
Forza is fun and I think most people are looking for that.. Not a game that takes a bunch if work arounds to play.Sure if you dont have a job ,kids commitments day in and out you have the time to mess around for hours to get the game to work.I want to fire it up and get on line and race.. Forza does that...Every release of forza has done that..Im not going to argue which game is better.. They are both way different and cant compare.But I know which one "works" and thats what I play.. Hardly anyone in lobbies playing project anymore... Tons of people on forza having a blast.. This forum is down to a few core people posting about this game.. Project cars has lost the attention of the majority of people.. I genuinely hope this game gets right but I really dont think it will.Most patches are ignoring the core issues and on top of it creating more bugs..If project cars worked,I would play both games probably an equal amount of time but after every patch I give it a shot and its just a mess..

Raven403
13-10-2015, 15:51
Forza is fun and I think most people are looking for that.. Not a game that takes a bunch if work arounds to play.Sure if you dont have a job ,kids commitments day in and out you have the time to mess around for hours to get the game to work.I want to fire it up and get on line and race.. Forza does that...Every release of forza has done that..Im not going to argue which game is better.. They are both way different and cant compare.But I know which one "works" and thats what I play.. Hardly anyone in lobbies playing project anymore... Tons of people on forza having a blast.. This forum is down to a few core people posting about this game.. Project cars has lost the attention of the majority of people.. I genuinely hope this game gets right but I really dont think it will.Most patches are ignoring the core issues and on top of it creating more bugs..If project cars worked,I would play both games probably an equal amount of time but after every patch I give it a shot and its just a mess..

I get the sentiment behind it. But I don't think it's fair to compare the fanbase population in online lobbies to the value of the game. Forza appeals to a WAY broader range of GAMER, so it's a bit of a lopsided argument. Understand what u mean, but I'm happy to stick with Pcars until I'm the last one playing it and SMS stop patching it if that's what it comes to before I go back to forza for "Simulation" racing on console. Actually I think I'll just move to PC as my main platform altogether

AdM1
13-10-2015, 16:19
Because its a pain the the arse!

Good game but it does get tedious, especially this long after release.

AdM1
13-10-2015, 16:35
I am in the same boat as you and Forza 6 now has my full attention and I really never plan to go back to Pcars. I like the fact I can boot F6 and it works right away and my wheel works with the game correctly.

I'll go back when I get bored of FM6 a bit, whenever that will be..

Plato99
13-10-2015, 17:31
Funny how all these people supposedly aren't playing PCARS but are still coming in the forum all the time.
Hmmmmmm....... Just saying.

AdM1
13-10-2015, 17:40
Funny how all these people supposedly aren't playing PCARS but are still coming in the forum all the time.

We come here to see if it's fixed yet etc. Nothing strictly says you have to play the game to log in afaik?

OpticalHercules
13-10-2015, 18:26

I bought the game used last week, and returned it a few days later specifically because my wheel didn't work with it (458 Spider, no FFB). The game only registers the first approx. 60* in either direction of wheel turn on that wheel with no way to calibrate it. After you pass the 60*, the cockpit cam shows the driver's wheel going to full lock when you still have another 60* of rotation in either direction. Other users say That's what you get for buying a $90 wheel. I say other games worked perfectly with it, including Forza 5.

There's one reason I would play Forza 5 or 6, and that's because of the style of career mode, with a money system and hardware upgrades in addition to tuning. I enjoy that aspect of it, giving the career a sort of Role Playing feel that PCars totally lacks. That is the ONLY thing I think Forza does better than PCars, and that includes bugs. In the 2 nights that I actually sat down and played the game, I had 1 crash to dashboard each night. There were sound glitches like pops and skips that others complain of on PCars but I don't experience. I planned to play Forza just for that career mode that I really do miss since PCars came out in May, but I honestly have less problems with PCars than I did with Forza in those few nights that I played it.

This is why I bought the used copy. So I can test it beyond what the Demo allowed, and then return it for full refund if I wasn't impressed. I tried the Demo but couldn't bring myself to invest any time in really testing it knowing that I'd just have to start over again once the actual game came out.

Those of you who are more into the Online/Multiplayer play, I understand that many of you have legitimate complaints comparing PCars to Forza, with the size of the playerbase online at any given time. That doesn't really make any difference to me because I don't play online apart from with friends; I don't join random lobbies to play, ever. so that's not something I consider in my evaluation of the game. I do understand and respect those of you who do consider that aspect of play in your evaluation/comparison, but for me I still think PCars is the winner.

PTG Baby Cow
13-10-2015, 18:58
Even with a 900* wheel from what i can tell is forza only recognizes 270* anyways. Look at the telemetry screen and adjust the dor all you'd like forza is native at 270.... which is not good for slower cars. I think this is part of the reason the upper classes end up being okay with a wheel is people tend to lower the dor for the faster cars anyways, so they can have a quicker response to steering inputs and those cars native have a lower steering ratio.

Haiden
13-10-2015, 20:51

There's a general rule of thumb that when you create something, the larger the group of people that like it, the more ordinary it is. Now, that doesn't really work the other way around--a smaller audience isn't really a sign of excellence. But in general, the easiest way to gain large acceptance when it comes to products is to cater to the lowest common denominator. That's what FM6 does. It wants to be liked by everyone. PCars is a game that knows it's core audience, and doesn't waste time catering to the chaff. Given their funding model, I don't see anything wrong with that. If the core audience remains happy and willing to fund future projects, then it doesn't matter if their audience is smaller than Forza's.

PCars works fine for me. And I've been in Forza's MP sessions. Yeah...it's a real blast all right--ramming, corner cutting, and a handful of other activities that make me want to go back to single player. I just love all the newbie, arcade racers in Forza. So much fun to race with people that have absolutely no clue what race etiquette is in 3-5 laps sprint sessions.

Right?! I played the FM6 demo. I didn't like it. You know how many times I've visited the Forza forums since the game released? ZERO! I think it's medicore and don't plan on buying it until I get bored with PCars and the price drops. So why would I waste my time in a community for a game I'm not even playing? Apparently Forza fans love the game so much, they feel the need to hang out in the PCars community. You know, even though they aren't playing PCars. :)

Haiden
13-10-2015, 21:14
You know what I really hate? Cowardly people that hide in the corners of the Net like cockroaches. I just got a reputation ding from someone in response to the above post with the following comment, "Don't be mad about it."

Seriously? What kind of immature idiot does that? And mad about what?

Liquid7394
14-10-2015, 01:02
What kind of immature idiot does that?
Forza fanboys.

Haiden
14-10-2015, 16:57
Another ding and message from the same child. "Don't be mad about being mad about it."

Sorry. I only share these, because, looking back through the thread, it's pretty easy to guess who the idiot is, and I think Net cowards should be drawn into the light whenever possible.