PDA

View Full Version : Modified Pack, Limited Edition & Livery #1 mandatory update

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 16:01
I was just prompted to do a mandatory update for Modified Pack & Livery Pack #1.

Alexandru Marian
29-09-2015, 16:10
We've released updated builds for the Liveries #1, Modified Car Pack and the Limited Edition Upgrade DLCs in order to resolve some issues where the previous pack builds contained placeholder icons that would sometimes show in the notification screen of the console or the notification toast pop-up at the bottom of the screen.

These don't actually change anything else apart from the icons so nothing in game should be affected.

CPU M Rossi
29-09-2015, 16:29
I got the mandatory updates for Modified Pack & Livery Pack #1 as well rebooted the xbox twice now & just got to installation stopped for Livery Pack #1

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 16:32
Okay, game will prompt you when you go into Project CARS. I would accept update. I would uninstall the pack it's stuck on, when it said installation stopped. Go to store. Re-download the one pack. Wait 30 seconds (won't be finished installing). Go ahead and hard restart the console. All is good. I did that 3 times for the 3 packs.

Edited Update: September 30th 2015 this morning. Loaded up Project CARS at 11:15 am EST, to double check My Games and Apps to make sure nothing was trying to re-install again or whatever.
Everything is good to go & there.

bb155
29-09-2015, 17:29
hello.
i have a problem with all the 3 DLC mentioned.
after the mandatory update, i can't re install the DLC.
the installation stops everytime.
i tried to uninstall the livery pack and now i can't downolad it again
any help is welcome

ps:sorry for my bad english

foxy2020
29-09-2015, 17:35
hello.
any help is welcome

Same for me... apparently its all Microsofts fault and we need to stop moaning.

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 17:50
Post #4 is what I did. No problems & I got all 3 downloaded.

goeiste
29-09-2015, 18:00
talking about bad... read this thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40041-Why-did-they-gave-us-this-mojave-track-update-or-is-it-just-me

KkDrummer
29-09-2015, 18:46
hello.
any help is welcome

Try re-installing them from My Games and Apps...highlight Pcars> press the menu button> you will see all installed DLC. On the right hand side (on the very far right) you should see previously installed DLC...it worked for me.

wraithsrike
29-09-2015, 21:15
Both mine stuck at 93% have been every time I try to update them, even tried un installing them but re installation stuck at 93%, I've every bit of dlc for the game.But these two won't download, both was fine until today.

nissan4ever
29-09-2015, 22:07
Both mine stuck at 93% have been every time I try to update them, even tried un installing them but re installation stuck at 93%, I've every bit of dlc for the game.But these two won't download, both was fine until today.

Did you hard restart your console, even with them showing stuck at 93%? The hard restart should correct it. Reinstall them, let them get stuck, wait 30 seconds after seeing them stuck. Then do a hard restart.

Dynomight Motorsports
30-09-2015, 00:43
For once I had no issues on Xbox1.

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 00:45
Just delete the packs and download it again.

Outlier
30-09-2015, 02:54
Same issue. Mine say 100% installed one at a time and get stuck there. Then I get "installation cancelled".

I tried to uninstall and re-install but it doesn't work. I'm going to uninstall everything and try to start from scratch.

nissan4ever
30-09-2015, 03:14
Same issue. Mine say 100% installed one at a time and get stuck there. Then I get "installation cancelled".

I tried to uninstall and re-install but it doesn't work. I'm going to uninstall everything and try to start from scratch.

No!! Don't do that. When you go to re-install the pack, let it go till it's stuck (doesn't take long to pull 8.8mb). Once it's stuck, wait like 5-10 seconds. Then hard restart your console.
Everything will be fine. You may have to do this 3 times. Once per pack. Don't re-install everything. Not necessary!

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 03:21
No need to reinstall everything, seems to be an xbox live problem. Other games' dlcs are sick at 90 something percent but working fine. My friend tested and his modified car peck is sick at 93 but ask cars are in the game, working fine.

Schnizz58
30-09-2015, 04:11
No need to reinstall everything, seems to be an xbox live problem. Other games' dlcs are sick at 90 something percent but working fine. My friend tested and his modified car peck is sick at 93 but ask cars are in the game, working fine.
I also think there is a problem w/ XB Live. When I get in the game, my gamertag is not displayed in the upper right corner. The car I've been driving (F/C) is but not my gt. Also On Demand was locked. So I quit the game. I'm not playing when it's like that for fear that my profile will get hosed. As for the car and livery packs, mine did that too. I uninstalled them and then re-installed them from the Xbox store and that seemed to work.

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 04:32
I also think there is a problem w/ XB Live. When I get in the game, my gamertag is not displayed in the upper right corner. The car I've been driving (F/C) is but not my gt. Also On Demand was locked. So I quit the game. I'm not playing when it's like that for fear that my profile will get hosed. As for the car and livery packs, mine did that too. I uninstalled them and then re-installed them from the Xbox store and that seemed to work.

Yes, I've been kicked out of four battlefield games so far. No problems with project cars though, but overall multiplayer is taking a hit tonight on xbox live.

ProjectCRAP
30-09-2015, 04:45
Anyone else notice the Merc DTM car go missing after this mini update?

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 04:52
Anyone else notice the Merc DTM car go missing after this mini update?

make sure your Limited Edition car pack is installed.

ProjectCRAP
30-09-2015, 06:08
make sure your Limited Edition car pack is installed.

it was installed but a uninstall and reinstall fixed it, thanks :)

STEELJOCKEY
30-09-2015, 06:49
Again

bb155
30-09-2015, 07:07
Okay, game will prompt you when you go into Project CARS. I would accept update. I would uninstall the pack it's stuck on, when it said installation stopped. Go to store. Re-download the one pack. Wait 30 seconds (won't be finished installing). Go ahead and hard restart the console. All is good. I did that 3 times for the 3 packs.

thanks.
the problem is solved now, after following your instructions.

Pbucko
30-09-2015, 07:19
Got same problem with all 3 updates. Gave up and uninstalled them all. I'll try #5 later. What is it with this game nothing ever works first time there's always some kind of workaround. Thought I'd try new Aston on new track last night on free play. Put same tx wheel setting in as lmp1, press save go back to edit it's reverted back to original. So tried a couple of other cars same problem. Went my garage put car settings in save all tracks. Went back to free play, setting reverted back to original. Might be me not doing it right, but after 1 1/2 pissing about with updates and settings gave up and played forza.
I am now getting close to following a lot of over people permanently of this game for good. I'm just getting to sick and tired of all the bloody workarounds. Instead of keep releasing dlc, why don't sms fix all the other problems first.

foxy2020
30-09-2015, 07:34
Got same problem with all 3 updates. Gave up and uninstalled them all. I'll try #5 later. What is it with this game nothing ever works first time there's always some kind of workaround. Thought I'd try new Aston on new track last night on free play. Put same tx wheel setting in as lmp1, press save go back to edit it's reverted back to original. So tried a couple of other cars same problem. Went my garage put car settings in save all tracks. Went back to free play, setting reverted back to original. Might be me not doing it right, but after 1 1/2 pissing about with updates and settings gave up and played forza.
I am now getting close to following a lot of over people permanently of this game for good. I'm just getting to sick and tired of all the bloody workarounds. Instead of keep releasing dlc, why don't sms fix all the other problems first.

Someone will be along shortly to blame you/your connection/your system/your Dad for giving your Mum that wink that night that led to you being born/microsoft and Trolls...

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 08:02
Tried to re install, did the hard reset but still stuck at 93%?

nissan4ever
30-09-2015, 12:59
Tried to re install, did the hard reset but still stuck at 93%?

Are the cars available in your garage? Can you check with it being stuck. Don't stop install or uninstall. Someone else said even though there's was stuck, they had the cars in game.

little fella
30-09-2015, 14:15
Getting same problems as others.
What a joke!!!!!!!!
one problem after another never seen anything like it in nearly 30 years of gaming.

wOoDsTeR16
30-09-2015, 14:54
I have the same problems, all 3 we're installed fine yesterday but booted the game up today and I get a msg saying installation stopped on all 3. Why is EVERYTHING a frigging work around with this game, fast to take our money but your selling us things that dont work!. I have brought every DLC to date, I have stuck by this game no matter what crap has been thrown at me, when are things gonna change?. Thinking outside the box here but why not employ people that actually know what there doing!

Schnizz58
30-09-2015, 15:13
Why are you guys blaming the game for this? Believe me I'm not trying to make excuses for SMS here. But it's not the game's job to download and install new content on the console. That's the console OS's job.

nissan4ever
30-09-2015, 15:18
I just booted up mine to check. I didn't have that happen. I updated my post #4.

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 15:22
My other games' dlcs are all normal now. Seems we had another famous xbox live memory lapse.

wOoDsTeR16
30-09-2015, 15:33
Why are you guys blaming the game for this? Believe me I'm not trying to make excuses for SMS here. But it's not the game's job to download and install new content on the console. That's the console OS's job.

Then why is it only things to do with this game that there are problems with?, anything else installs first time and only once. I'm not having a go at you pal, but everything with this game is a work around and I don't want to spend half the day trolling through endless posts on how to fix it, I just wanna boot my xbox up and drive!. It seems they have taken to big a project on and don't know how to make it work

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 15:38
Then why is it only things to do with this game that there are problems with?, anything else installs first time and only once. I'm not having a go at your pal, but everything with this game is a work around and I don't want to spend half the day trolling through endless posts on how to fix it, I just wanna boot my xbox up and drive!. It seems they have taken to big a project on and don't know how to make it work

The problem is, this issue have nothing to do with the others. Every thread has to become a moaning pit. THis problem was caused by xbox live. I didn't have it with project cars, but have it with other games such as Battlefield 4 and Dying light. Last night Xbox Live status was indicating problems with purchased content, today it's not and the issue is gonne.

wOoDsTeR16
30-09-2015, 15:40
The problem is, this issue have nothing to do with the others. Every thread has to become a moaning pit. THis problem was caused by xbox live. I didn't have it with project cars, but have it with other games such as Battlefield 4 and Dying light. Last night Xbox Live status was indicating problems with purchased content, today it's not and the issue is gonne.

Oh, then I stand corrected and retract my rant.

Schnizz58
30-09-2015, 15:41
Then why is it only things to do with this game that there are problems with?, anything else installs first time and only once. I'm not having a go at your pal, but everything with this game is a work around and I don't want to spend half the day trolling through endless posts on how to fix it, I just wanna boot my xbox up and drive!. It seems they have taken to big a project on and don't know how to make it work
I don't disagree with any of that but give credit where it's due and also place blame where it belongs. When you go to My Apps | Queue, you are in the XBox operating system, not Project CARS. So blaming the game for a failed install doesn't make any sense to me.

Psychomatrix
30-09-2015, 15:47
Hmmh the issue isn't gone. Same problems like some here.

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 15:48
Hmmh the issue isn't gone. Same problems like some here.

Check if the cars are in game. Many are just having bad xbox live content feedback, but the content is there.

Psychomatrix
30-09-2015, 16:01
thanks ... the cars are seem to be there. that really could be an issue with xbl. if so then iŽll be sure ms work on it.

jsykes
30-09-2015, 17:27
WTF, can these do anything right? I havent played in months due to all the issues, decided to fire it up on a rainy day off and I get this "update" that fails to update.

BTW, my console is always turned completely off, I've tried restarting, its still there.

What a joke.

KkDrummer
30-09-2015, 18:26
game is working fine over here...

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 18:52
Getting same problems as others.
What a joke!!!!!!!!
one problem after another never seen anything like it in nearly 30 years of gaming.

Hardly SMS fault, mine has download correctly now my guess is Xbox live had problems yesterday now those problems have been resolved my dlc is all download correctly. I think some of you guys need to cut the developers some slack.

Pbucko
30-09-2015, 19:47
Cheers boys followed instructions and now installed good to go.

little fella
30-09-2015, 20:40
Hardly SMS fault, mine has download correctly now my guess is Xbox live had problems yesterday now those problems have been resolved my dlc is all download correctly. I think some of you guys need to cut the developers some slack.

Cut the developers some slack you say. LOL is that a joke or something?
Like you have never complained before and had a go at the game being riddled with bugs and frustrated cos your save game was deleted.
Don't tell me to lay of them when I get frustrated?

AdM1
30-09-2015, 20:42
Not had the chance to try it yet. Too busy hammering Forza for now.

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 21:32
Cut the developers some slack you say. LOL is that a joke or something?
Like you have never complained before and had a go at the game being riddled with bugs and frustrated cos your save game was deleted.
Don't tell me to lay of them when I get frustrated?

Oh no I've certainly had a moan I don't deny it, but I've also publically stated that my issues were down to a corrupt game save which another member advised me to delete.

Now game saves goes pear shaped all the time, my point to you was your issue could of been a Xbox live fault and nothing to do with SMS.

I put my hands up and stated my issues were down to my save no amount of blaming SMS or waiting for patches would of solved my issues so I cut the developers some slack and as a result I'm now enjoying the game, but ah you carry on blaming SMS for everything and don't let up, we'll see how that works out for you. Me I'll listen and take on board members advice and help and carry on enjoying the game.

AdM1
30-09-2015, 21:35
Oh no I've certainly had a moan I don't deny it, but I've also publically stated that my issues were down to a corrupt game save which another member advised me to delete.

Now game saves goes pear shaped all the time, my point to you was your issue could of been a Xbox live fault and nothing to do with SMS.

I put my hands up and stated my issues were down to my save no amount of blaming SMS or waiting for patches would of solved my issues so I cut the developers some slack and as a result I'm now enjoying the game, but ah you carry on blaming SMS for everything and don't let up, we'll see how that works out for you. Me I'll listen and take on board members advice and help and carry on enjoying the game.

The things that has stopped me deleting my game save so far is what's stopping it from happening again? What's corrupting the save files? Have SMS admitted a profile reset etc is the one and only answer and that playing the game as intended will not cause a corruption again?

I'll do it but only when SMS clarify it's the only answer, for now I'll rather be patient. Having tuned every single car in the game there's no way I want to go through inputting all that data again unless I really have to.

Raven403
30-09-2015, 21:35
Not had the chance to try it yet. Too busy hammering Forza for now.

Actually, at the time of your post you were too busy posting in the Project Cars Official Forum. Not playing Forza. One would think if Forza was in fact all you made it out to be, it would be able to hold your attention enough so posting on a forum for a game you don't particularly like was more enticing.

nissan4ever
30-09-2015, 21:37
Actually, at the time of your post you were too busy posting in the Project Cars Official Forum. Not playing Forza. One would think if Forza was in fact all you made it out to be, it would be able to hold your attention enough so posting on a forum for a game you don't particularly like was more enticing.

Ha ha ha ha

AdM1
30-09-2015, 21:39

Pretty irrelevant post considering I wasn't at home at time of posting that and still am not at home to play. Even if I was playing there's loading times between races etc which allows time to come here and post my love for the great and almighty Forza ;).

Raven403
30-09-2015, 21:42
Pretty irrelevant post considering I wasn't at home at time of posting that and still am not at home to play. Even if I was playing there's loading times between races etc which allows time to come here and post my love for Forza ;).

Oh the irony.

You can continue to proclaim your love for Forza all you want. And not taking the advice of other users here to correct an issue you have is your decision as well. But then why come here constantly

AdM1
30-09-2015, 21:44
Oh the irony.

You can continue to proclaim your love for Forza all you want. And not taking the advice of other users here to correct an issue you have is your decision as well. But then why come here constantly

And I will because it's not hurting anyone as far as I know.. Well maybe a few feelings are hurt by looks of it..

I come here because I want to keep up to date with any news on the game if that's okay with you boss? Lol!

I'm not sure why you jump on my post, are you really upset I'm playing Forza for now? Don't worry I still enjoy project cars just waiting for some news/fixes is all :).

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 21:45
The things that has stopped me deleting my game save so far is what's stopping it from happening again? What's corrupting the save files? Have SMS admitted a profile reset etc is the one and only answer and that playing the game as intended will not cause a corruption again?

I'll do it but only when SMS clarify it's the only answer, for now I'll rather be patient. Having tuned every single car in the game there's no way I want to go through inputting all that data again unless I really have to.

100% understand what your saying, all I can say is since I've deleted my saves I've had no issues. I've also since deleted my sons saves on his Xbox and his game is now playing correctly, I think it was down to patch after patch overlay or maybe a cloud fault I don't know, cloud is always temperamental and I can't see that changing but all I can say is for us the game is great again.

little fella
30-09-2015, 21:47

And where Excactly in my post did I blame SMS.
I said it was a joke and not seen anything like these problems in all my gaming years.Please point out where Excactly I specifically had a go at SMS?
My post was utter dissapointend at yet another problem occurring
Feel free to read my post again on page 3..

Raven403
30-09-2015, 21:48
And I will because it's not hurting anyone as far as I know.. Well maybe a few feelings are hurt by looks of it..

I come here because I want to keep up to date with any news on the game if that's okay with you boss? Lol!

I'm not sure why you jump on my post, are you really upset I'm playing Forza for now? Don't worry I still enjoy project cars just waiting for some news/fixes is all :).

Doesn't bother me one ioda, play whatever you like, do whatever you want, was just a question.

AdM1
100% understand what your saying, all I can say is since I've deleted my saves I've had no issues. I've also since deleted my sons saves on his Xbox and his game is now playing correctly, I think it was down to patch after patch overlay or maybe a cloud fault I don't know, cloud is always temperamental and I can't see that changing but all I can say is for us the game is great again.

That's good man, without the bugs the game is great. I really hope it stays that way for you. I'm glad you can understand my point also. For me it's not so much a big deal now while I'm playing something else. A bit of change can be good anyway from time to time.

Doesn't bother me one ioda, play whatever you like, do whatever you want, was just a question.

Sure enough boss lol..

wraithsrike
I said it was a joke and not seen anything like these problems in all my gaming years.Please point out where Excactly I specifically had a go at SMS?
My post was utter dissapointend at yet another problem occurring.

Ok.

Raven403
30-09-2015, 21:54
My post was utter dissapointend at yet another problem occurring
Feel free to read my post again on page 3..

Its semantics fella.

Calling it a joke is a round about way of blaming SMS, granted it gives you plausible deniability. Its frustrating for sure, but I'm sure it'll get sorted. I was plenty frustrated about no shortage of things as I'm sure anyone could see by looking back at posts, but all we can do is wait for it to be fixed or find a workaround if anyone was so inclined

are you still having issues with it installing?

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 21:55
Ah hear it is I will save you the effort looking.
you obviously still have a problem with my posts from a few weeks ago when yourself and bobbylion decided to gang up on me for no reason at all.
By the way where is your best buddy?

Time to give it a rest fella, nobody is "ganging up" on anybody, your clearly don't like anyone disagreeing with you and play the being picked on card when someone does.

little fella
30-09-2015, 21:59
Time to give it a rest fella, nobody is "ganging up" on anybody, your clearly don't like anyone disagreeing with you and play the being picked on card when someone does.

OK consider it rested.

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 22:03
OK consider it rested.

Are you still having problems? Have you tried the methods advised by other members?

Instead of posting it's a joke explain what problems your having maybe we can help?

Raven403
30-09-2015, 22:06
Are you still having problems? Have you tried the methods advised by other members?

Instead of posting it's a joke explain what problems your having maybe we can help?

c'mon now lol

But did you get it sorted fella?

little fella
30-09-2015, 22:09
Will have another go tomorrow.
Tried hard reset several times and a few of the packs mentioned that needed reinstalling have stopped before reaching 100%.
I have uninstalled them and tried installing again with more hard resets but they remain stuck.
Tried for over an hour back and forth then gave up after almost smashing my controller to pieces in frustration.
Put on Forza 6 for a hassle free session

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 22:11
But when the install process get stuck, are the cars in the game? Because if they are, the process is complete and you only have a bad xbox screen update on the download section.

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 22:12
Tried hard reset several times and a few of the packs mentioned that needed reinstalling have stopped before reaching 100%.
I have uninstalled them and tried installing again with more hard resets but they remain stuck.
Tried for over an hour back and forth then gave up after almost smashing my controller to pieces in frustration.

Last line not necessary.

OK is your Xbox set to stand by or energy saving?

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 22:13
But when the install process get stuck, are the cars in the game? Because if they are, the process is complete and you only have a bad xbox screen update on the download section.

This ^ check to see if the dlc is actually in game.

little fella
30-09-2015, 22:16
Didn't go into the game and check if content was there or not I will check again tomorrow.
I have it set on energy saving.

Raven403
30-09-2015, 22:27
Didn't go into the game and check if content was there or not I will check again tomorrow.
I have it set on energy saving.

Yeah, I would check fella, cuz that happened to me and I started the game, all there. Restarted and everything was as it should be. That's just what happened for me though obviously it's proving more difficult for others

lapje
01-10-2015, 09:38

I have the same issue for days now. 3 DLC packs get stuck. I feel also this makes the game run badly cause it will check for these DLC's. Annoying, annoying. Did hard resets, have power saving on. Guess I need again to reinstall the whole game. My god what a mess.

little fella
01-10-2015, 10:37
Ok so I went into the game this morning and the packs were definatly not updated cars and liveries missing etc
Tred again but still not installing.
Uninstalled everything including actual game then reinstalled again now ok.What a carry on!!!!

Raven403
01-10-2015, 10:38
Ok so I went into the game this morning and the packs were definatly not updated cars and liveries missing etc
Tred again but still not installing.
Uninstalled everything including actual game then reinstalled again now ok.What a carry on!!!!

Ah, well glad it's finally sorted fella

ProjectCARSFiend
02-10-2015, 05:14
I'm on PS4 and I haven't got any mandatory updates yet, is this coming soon?

TheReaper GT
02-10-2015, 05:16
I'm on PS4 and I haven't got any mandatory updates yet, is this coming soon?

Nope it was about the packages not the content.

ProjectCARSFiend
02-10-2015, 05:28
What do you mean?

All I want to know is how to fix Free Car #4, Liveries Pack #3 and Aston Martin track expansion icons so they display correctly in my Downloads tab.

TheReaper GT
02-10-2015, 05:55
What do you mean?

The update is about xbox live data package and presentation, not about content.

ProjectCARSFiend
02-10-2015, 06:00
I'm on PS4 though.

TheReaper GT
02-10-2015, 06:11
I'm on PS4 though.

That's why you don't need this update.

ProjectCARSFiend
02-10-2015, 06:51
How am I meant to fix the icons for Free Car #4, Community Liveries Pack #3, and Aston Martin Track Expansion though? How do I make them display correctly?

TheReaper GT
02-10-2015, 07:04
How am I meant to fix the icons for Free Car #4, Community Liveries Pack #3, and Aston Martin Track Expansion though? How do I make them display correctly?

No idea, one thing has nothing to do with the other. Must be an Sony store issue.