PDA

View Full Version : Worth getting on PC if I already have it on PS4?

Kingdeuce86
29-09-2015, 17:12
I've just bought myself a new PC built for gaming and I'm wondering if it's worth getting Project Cars. I already own it on PS4 but is there anything about the PC version that warrants an additional purchase e.g. mods, special features, better online races etc?

For reference, my brief specs are:

MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition USB 3.1 AMD ATX Gaming Motherboard
AMD FX 8350 Black Edition, 8 Core, 4.0GHz/4.2GHz, 16MB Cache
8GB 2133MHz DDR3 Memory (will probably upgrade to 16GB in the near future)
4GB NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics Card
2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III

Shinzah
29-09-2015, 17:14
I think the community liveries and free cars just add automatically through steam. You can also paint your own liveries and use them directly/have access to custom skins that arent in the livery packs ect.
The league scene for MP might be better, but pub is generally about the same.
You can adjust your graphical fidelity ect.
There's API apps like the Crew Chief app and Tom Shane's profiler for telemetry gathering.
If any of this appeals to you, it might be worth the purchase.

Edit: And yes your system is fine for high or probably ultra at 1080p.

roddypoddy
29-09-2015, 18:33
Do you have a wheel?,i own Pcars,on pc,and ps4,though i already had a Thrustmaster wheel and use it on both systems,an added expense to think about,unless your happy enough with a gamepad,each to their own.

Kingdeuce86
29-09-2015, 19:09
Do you have a wheel?,i own Pcars,on pc,and ps4,though i already had a Thrustmaster wheel and use it on both systems,an added expense to think about,unless your happy enough with a gamepad,each to their own.

No I do not have a wheel, although I am considering buying one. Is it better to use a wheel on the PC version than the PS4?

madmax2069
29-09-2015, 19:10
No I do not have a wheel, although I am considering buying one. Is it better to use a wheel on the PC version than the PS4?

Other then having more of a wheel choice on PC, it would just about be the same on both platforms.

sniper8871
29-09-2015, 19:32
Online grid sizes are larger on pc as well (not sure how big)

gemonic
29-09-2015, 22:37
up to 32 drivers in online multiplayer on pc

Kingdeuce86
29-09-2015, 22:45
Thanks for the feedback, from what I can tell it would be nice to pick it up when it's on the cheap further down the line, but it's not worth full price if I already have it on PS4.

NemethR
30-09-2015, 06:52
I would say YES, because of the things the PS4 can't give you.

- Replacement for the standard pit voice (with spotter included, see here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mNoaIjL04Y

- Upcomind and present MOD cars (thos are cars, the PS4 os Xbox version will most likely never have)
Pagani Zonda R Evolution -> available already
(basicly the Zonda in game, scratch made, with different Aero and a bit more HP, and different physics
notice: vertical LMP style spoiler on the back, additional aero panesl on the side of the front bumper.)
http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/2012-pagani-zonda-r-evolution-jpg.97738/

Audi R8 LMS (Gen2) -> coming soon.
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 -> coming soon
Lamborghini Aventador LP750 -> work started
Lexus RCF GT3 -> work started
BMW M6 GT3 -> work started
See more: http://machinedojomt.weebly.com/news

- Possibility for additional tracks.
- And a lot more to come

Sloskimo
30-09-2015, 07:31
The PC version has leaderboards per car also vs per class, which is nice if time trial is your thing.