PDA

View Full Version : Real Head Motion app

Hobbs77
29-09-2015, 20:10
Does anyone know if the RHM app can be used with pCARS? The in car cameras have too much and unnatural movement for me and makes me nauseous. AC was also not very playable for me either until the RHM app was available. I'm hoping there's a way to use RHM with pCARS.

jim jonez
29-09-2015, 20:37
Does the helmet cam not do this?

Hobbs77
29-09-2015, 22:12
Does the helmet cam not do this?
Yes it does but the World Movement slider messes things up and is causing all sorts of odd camera movement unless you set it to 100. Having it set anywhere from 75-100 makes me nauseous because of the background world movement. Setting it from 1-85 and the camera wonders up when going down hill and down when going up hill making the game arcade-ish, not life like.

I hope at some point they find a way for the camera to stay centered in the windscreen regardless of the world movement value setting. Any info. on a fix for this would be appreciated.

eispfogel
14-10-2015, 13:27
The helmet cam moves by itself whenever you come close to a corner even when you are holding the steering wheel straight - which induces motion sickness(for me). Similar to when using a VR Headset and when the camera moves by itself(like in some movie sequences) i feel instantly that something is wrong and i get nauseous.

This is not the same as to what real headmotion does.
RHM moves along with your steering. So if i steer to the right, the view will also move to the right. You can also set how far the camera shall move and how much your head should react to the physics(atleast thats how it were in rFactor).
It feels very natural because it mimics better what i do when driving a real car.
It is not perfect but at least this gives me no headaches and driving is a real pleasure.
Without that i couldn't drive for very long times on the pc - now i drive as long as i want - when the game supports TrackIR and Real Headmotion.

The helmet camera in PC feels like if my head is nailed and stuck at the back of the driver seat, like in almost all other games/sims.
At least Assetto Corsa supports that, but i do hope that Project Cars will someday support TrackIR, or they come up with their own solution which i hoped they did.

This will be no issue when the VR Headsets hit the market. Because the Headmovement will be indeed my head..which is moving =)

Some videos to see how it works in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HySjaEIhVaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp6sHU4r_wU

ex_
14-10-2015, 15:37
I too, would be interested in being able to modify this behavior, and have it for views other than helmet cam, which I rarely use. I prefer cockpit view.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 15:47
The helmet cam moves by itself whenever you come close to a corner even when you are holding the steering wheel straight - which induces motion sickness(for me). Similar to when using a VR Headset and when the camera moves by itself(like in some movie sequences) i feel instantly that something is wrong and i get nauseous.
Turn off the Look to Apex feature.

ex_
14-10-2015, 15:50
Turn off the Look to Apex feature.

He wants the feature, but doesn't like how it is done, I'd suspect. He wants full control over the parameters, like we have in other games using the add-on RHM.

davekojo
15-10-2015, 05:10
If you can get a good deal on one pick up a TrackIR.

This allows you to control the headcam movement to match your own head movement.

eispfogel
15-10-2015, 06:00
He wants the feature, but doesn't like how it is done, I'd suspect. He wants full control over the parameters, like we have in other games using the add-on RHM.

Exactly! :) I want the look to Apex feature, but it shall be bound to my wheel rotation. It is very distracting when it suddenly kicks in. For now i turned it almost off, i just keep the helmet rotation/leaning.

@davekojo: TrackIR would be nice, but will be futile once the VR Systems are here. Hell...this whole topic will be irrelevant, but...until then.
I also tried FaceTrack NoIR but my camera is so bad that it always looses tracking :/ It works when i keep my lights on and point them to my face but then...well...i do not enjoy looking in the sun all day ;)
Real Headmotion is the perfect solution(for me) to a problem that shouldn't exist anymore...like if someone forgot a FOV option....

Hobbs77
23-10-2015, 23:59
I only want to be able to control the Word Movement settings in pCARS. If you set the WM above 30 then you slowly increase the outside World Movement instead drivers head and car. The higher you set it the more the road and everything outside the car bounces which is just the opposite of what happens in real life. If your trying to replicate what a fix camera looks like in a car then set it above 85 but that's not how a real driver sees it. I would like to set it between 2-15 but it's been broken since just before release. The problem with WM settings between 1-85 is that the camera doesn't move at the same pitch as the car and will give you weird camera movements when going up and down hills or over sudden rises and dips. In AC the Real Head Movement app allows me to control the WM without any weird camera movements. If SMS not going to fix it, I hope someone can!