PDA

View Full Version : Game Freezes Loading Server List

Kinsman
29-09-2015, 22:33
This seems to be a problem related to the latest patch...

I start the game, and select the multiplayer option - I am directed to the server/game list screen, where the game freezes. The game music continues but I cannot back up, quit or refresh. It locks up completely.

Task manager will allow you to kill the game, but not entirely - Steam still believes the game is open and refuses to run another instance. The only way around this is to restart the computer completely.

I have verified game cache and have even reinstalled the game.

Hoping this gets fixed or someone can shed some light on it.

MISTER WU
29-09-2015, 22:47
The only way i have found is to use command prompt and kill steam.exe using this command

taskkill /IM steam.exe /F

I have only had this issue when you select the online play list and then hit the < arrow to go back to main menu.
I have noticed since last path it takes a long time for the list to populate so once again the network component of the game needs to be revised and updated to handle an array of connections.

Mahjik
30-09-2015, 16:28
Someone else on this forum had a similar issue. They resolved it by going into the Steam options for multiplayer, and limiting their PING settings.

Kinsman
01-10-2015, 22:49
@ MISTER WU -- Thanks for the tip, but when I try to run Project CARS again, it claims I cannot have more than one instance open, so I can only assume that PCars.exe (or similar) is still open.

@ Mahjik -- I tried the ping settings you recommended I change, but it made no difference sadly - Thing is though it used to work perfectly well so I shouldn't have to change anything. It should just run!

Thanks for the responses - I'm glad to see I am not alone. Really hope they get their sh*t together soon. I was enjoying the game until now.

MISTER WU
02-10-2015, 03:53
@ MISTER WU -- Thanks for the tip, but when I try to run Project CARS again, it claims I cannot have more than one instance open, so I can only assume that PCars.exe (or similar) is still open.

@ Mahjik -- I tried the ping settings you recommended I change, but it made no difference sadly - Thing is though it used to work perfectly well so I shouldn't have to change anything. It should just run!

Thanks for the responses - I'm glad to see I am not alone. Really hope they get their sh*t together soon. I was enjoying the game until now.
Did you try that command in an elevated Command prompt mate?
In Windows8/10 use the Windows key and press X at the same time to access CMD prompt (As Admin), this will kill steam which then should kill pCars64.exe

Kinsman
12-10-2015, 00:10
Tried the command in an elevated prompt - no change. Still says 'Only one instance of this application is allowed'.

This is really pissing me off now. SMS need to get their sh*t together. I used to heavily promote this game to my friends and fellow simracers but I simply can't do that now.

I paid good money for this game, and I can't even use it. More than a touch infuriating.

MISTER WU
12-10-2015, 01:00
Ok another issue i found after patch4 was it changed the .exe size which created the exact same issue for me as you described,i had created a firewall exception (Trying to eliminate another issue with users joining and locking my screen up) so this caused an issue.
So in run type wf.msc, see if you have any inbound and outbound rules set for pCars64.exe, if so delete them and then start the game.
If you dont, you can then create a new rule and allow for both UDP and TCP and point to the file location pCars64.exe.

If you use another firewall (I had to change mine in ESET), do the same thing again mate.

let me know how that goes.