PDA

View Full Version : No Online race

housty01
30-09-2015, 00:45
Was on today doing some career, then decided to run some races online but not one lobby, was it related to the dlc liveries failure or is no one playing anymore ???

housty01
30-09-2015, 00:46
this was about 5 pm gmt

madmax2069
30-09-2015, 00:47
Have you made sure you changed the lobby filter (car) from current to all.

housty01
30-09-2015, 01:15
it is always set to all and any skill level, there were no lobbies to be had, tried 3 times over 15 mins.....

STEELJOCKEY
30-09-2015, 01:33
Try a hard reset of your Xbox, reset your internet, double check all filters set to any. Can you see time trials accessible?

housty01
30-09-2015, 01:53
did that aswell but no time trials or driver network available, it was probably just my network but was wondering if anyone else noticed this as lately there has been hardly any on line lobbies.....

Alexandru Marian
30-09-2015, 09:28
If you can't see any lobbies you can always create one and wait for people to join.

If everyone just searches for lobbies and no one creates one then there will never be any lobbies.

Dirty4
30-09-2015, 09:59
Have also noticed a massive reduction in online lobbies since the latest patch. Have done all the usual steps to illiminate the troubleshooting

KkDrummer
30-09-2015, 10:05
Xbox live had massive issues last night...things should be back to normal now...I played online (just a race) yesterday around 8pm UK time and there were a full page of lobbies available, but this was before the Live issues....I think that was MS updating their servers which now support 12 people on chat....give it a try again today.

Dirty4
30-09-2015, 10:08
Full page? Have never seen more than maybe 5-6 lobbies available. Im in Australia. Would that disadvantage me from any online play other than the time zone?

KkDrummer
30-09-2015, 10:28
Based on my personal observation, UK evening time has an average of 50 people playing online and peak times about 100 people....

Steve UK
30-09-2015, 11:04
I was on last night about 10:30pm and found just 1 race, Formula C around Silverstone.

Ended up with 5 people in the race, was good fun.

When that finished there were no others, I never create a lobby as my internet is very poor. 2mb down .256 up :-(

Will it always make the best connection the host or will joiners be stuck with my poor connection?

Steve

Jan Studenski
30-09-2015, 12:58
Here in Switzerland, last night (before midnight) more than 130 Lobbies were found, but some of them were empty Dedicated Servers ... still huge amount imo

nissan4ever
30-09-2015, 13:11
I was on last night about 10:30pm and found just 1 race, Formula C around Silverstone.

Ended up with 5 people in the race, was good fun.

When that finished there were no others, I never create a lobby as my internet is very poor. 2mb down .256 up :-(

Will it always make the best connection the host or will joiners be stuck with my poor connection?

Steve

As long as your not host, your Internet is fine. When you are connected to a dedicated server or p2p (not host on p2p). You will typically only use between 15kbps - 80kbps (might get into 100+kbps range on occasion), upload & download. I can see Internet traffic with my router. That's all you need when playing online (all games on Xbox Live. If you're host in a p2p connection. You will use between 200kbps-400kbps on average, up & down).

Faster speeds are good for downloading whatever or streaming on twitch or something. Not gaming online. Your Internet speed is fine, with 2mbps download & 256kbps upload. Provided you aren't the host in p2p. If your upload speed was 750kbps. Then you can easily host p2p, no problem.

What's important is your ping. That's what determines if there's lag. It's best to play with people that live within a reasonable distance from you. Versus halfway around the globe. Being on a dedicated server doesn't guarantee lag free play. Example, playing with people connected from halfway around the world on same dedicated server. Not good & there will be lag from players extremely far from the dedicated server.

Also helps if you got a good router that actually can dictate traffic well on your home network (like my router). Then you won't have one device in your home trying to take all of your available bandwidth. While other devices are fighting for bandwidth on your network.

GRTfast
30-09-2015, 23:35
Having the same problem. Zero online lobbies the last few days I've tried to race. :(

Klondike68
01-10-2015, 03:50
Did some online with a friend 2 days ago.

In about 3 hours we played, there wasent a single online lobby other than the one we created.

Dident seem like there where many people trying to join eather. I think in all that time there was like 2 people who joined our lobby.

Saul93
07-10-2015, 19:17
honestly im getting concerned, for days and days theres been only a few online lobbies if any... like WTF, where has everyone gone its so disappointing to see i must admit. I really hope this dosn't last and people realize how unreal this game is

dantheracer
07-10-2015, 20:55
Honestly guys I think it has a lot to do with Forza being fresh and new. But once that newness wears off and they realize that the physics suck they will come back pouring in. At least I hope so anyways. But yeah that has been my experience lately for the last week or so here in the states. Very few lobbies available and some I try to join it wont let me. I have great internet speeds and am wired directly in so not sure whats up with that. I tried forza for a few days but the fact that I cant change my own FOV, can't remove driver arms and steering wheel, and the not so great physics and FFB turned me off right away.

rtazz17
07-10-2015, 21:13
Honestly guys I think it has a lot to do with Forza being fresh and new. But once that newness wears off and they realize that the physics suck they will come back pouring in. At least I hope so anyways. But yeah that has been my experience lately for the last week or so here in the states. Very few lobbies available and some I try to join it wont let me. I have great internet speeds and am wired directly in so not sure whats up with that. I tried forza for a few days but the fact that I cant change my own FOV, can't remove driver arms and steering wheel, and the not so great physics and FFB turned me off right away.

Im going on on a limb here and im going to say you are wrong.. Project cars missed their window..

dantheracer
07-10-2015, 21:25
Im going on on a limb here and im going to say you are wrong.. Project cars missed their window..

Well I hope not... But if they have i'll slide all my stuff back into the office and hop back on iRacing/AC with my triple screen setup. So it wont be completely terrible for me i guess. But man I dont want to go through the hassle of updating all my games, firmware and driver software... Havent used my gaming pc in some time now.

dantheracer
07-10-2015, 22:09
Actually I just thought about something. Not sure why I didn't think about this already but would not having some of the dlc content limit what online sessions you could see. If so that may be one of my problems. I havent taken the time to download any of that stuff yet.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 23:30
Actually I just thought about something. Not sure why I didn't think about this already but would not having some of the dlc content limit what online sessions you could see. If so that may be one of my problems. I havent taken the time to download any of that stuff yet.

No, DLC content has been including with the patches. DLC file is only 8.8 mb (it just unlocks it).

Finnstar
08-10-2015, 01:03
Online tonight 8:30pm EST there are about 5 lobbies with 2 or 3 people in each. One with 8. Mostly gt3 but I found a grp5 one. Sticking with it :)